Episode 10 Smell the Flowers ACT II偷得浮生半日闲 第二幕

[ In the reception room of Susan's office. Susan greets Harry and Michelle. ]

Susan: Hi, Michelle. Hello, Harry. It's nice to see you again.

嗨,米歇尔。你好,哈里。很高兴又见到你们。

Michelle: Hello.

你好。

Harry: Hi, Susan. We have both been excited about seeing you and having lunch with you today. [ He hands Susan a bouquet of flowers. ] Michelle picked these flowers out for you.

嗨,苏珊。我们俩今天都很期待见到你,和你一起吃午饭。这些花是米歇尔特地帮你挑的。

Michelle: Daddy, can we go soon?

爸爸,我们能快点走吗?

Harry: We're going to go to lunch in a few minutes, honey.

宝贝,我们一会儿就去吃午饭。

Michelle: But I'm thirsty.

可是我渴了。

Harry: OK. You go out and get a drink of water at the fountain.

好吧。你出去到饮水机那儿喝点水吧。

Susan: [ pointing ] The fountain is over there, Michelle. Near the Exit sign.

饮水机在那边,米歇尔,就在出口标志旁边。

Michelle: Thank you.

谢谢。

Harry: Michelle is a little shy.

米歇尔有点害羞。

Susan: I used to be that way when I was her age. Harry, if Michelle doesn't want to go, we don't have to.

我像她这么大的时候也这样。哈里,如果米歇尔不想去,我们可以不去。

Harry: She'll be fine. Remember, I haven't dated anyone else since her mother died. This is a little difficult for her. Are you ready to go?

她会没事的。别忘了,自从她妈妈去世以后,我就没和别的女人约会过。这对她来说有点难接受。你准备好了吗?

Susan: Yes. But could you wait one minute?  I have a call to make. Would you excuse me? [ She goes into her office. Sam is there. ] Sam, get Mr. Levine at Toytown Stores on the telephone for me, please.

好了。不过你能稍等一下吗?我得打个电话。失陪一下。萨姆,请帮我接通 Toytown Stores 的莱文先生。

Sam: Right. [ He dials. ] Hello. Susan Stewart calling Mr. Levine, please. [ to Susan ] He's on the phone. [ He hands her the telephone. ]

好的。喂,苏珊·斯图尔特,麻烦帮我接莱文先生。苏珊,他在线上。

Susan: Mr. Levine, Susan Stewart. I find myself in an embarrassing situation. I made another lunch date for today and forgot to enter it in my appointment book. Can you and I meet for drinks tomorrow? I'd really appreciate it... Yes... Thank you... Tomorrow at five o'clock at the Biltmore. I'll see you then. Thank you, Mr. Levine. [ She hangs up. ]

莱文先生,我是苏珊·斯图尔特。我现在碰上了一件很尴尬的事。我今天另外约了人吃午饭,却忘了记在日程本上。我们能不能改成明天傍晚一起坐坐?那我真是太感激了… 好的… 谢谢你… 明天下午五点,在比尔特莫尔饭店。到时候见。谢谢你,莱文先生。

[ At the South Street Seaport later that afternoon. ]

Waiter: Welcome to the South Street restaurant, folks. What'll it be?

欢迎来到南街餐厅,各位。想吃点什么?

Harry: What do you recommend?

你有什么推荐吗?

Waiter: Well, the crab salad's always a big hit.

嗯,蟹肉沙拉一直都很受欢迎。

Harry: Susan, would you like the crab salad?

苏珊,你想来份蟹肉沙拉吗?

Susan: I'd love the crab salad.

我很想吃蟹肉沙拉。

Harry: Michelle, would you like to try the crab salad, too?

米歇尔,你也想试试蟹肉沙拉吗?

Michelle: OK, Daddy.

好呀,爸爸。

Harry: We'll have three crab salads and a pitcher of lemonade.

那我们要三份蟹肉沙拉,再来一壶柠檬水。

Waiter: Help yourself to celery and carrots and other vegetables.

芹菜、胡萝卜和其他蔬菜请随便取用。

Michelle: [ to Susan ] We used to catch crabs.

我们以前常常抓螃蟹。

Susan: Where was that?

在哪儿抓的?

Harry: We had a summer house on Fire Island. Do you remember, Michelle?

我们以前在火岛有一栋避暑别墅。你还记得吗,米歇尔?

Michelle: Sure. You and Mommy used to take me on the ferryboat.

当然记得。你和妈妈以前常带我坐渡船。

Michelle: Sometimes, at night, we would go down to the beach and catch crabs, remember?

有时候晚上,我们会去海边抓螃蟹,还记得吗?

Michelle: With a piece of meat on a string!

用一块肉拴在绳子上!

Harry: Right. Well, I think I'm going to go get us all some vegetables.

对。好啦,我去给大家拿点蔬菜。

[ Harry leaves the table. The waiter arrives and sets down their food. ]

Waiter: There you go.

请慢用。

Susan: Thank you.

谢谢。

Waiter: And some ice-cold lemonade.

还有冰镇柠檬水。

Susan: Thank you.

谢谢。

Waiter: Enjoy it.

祝用餐愉快。

Susan: Michelle, can I help you with the lemonade?

米歇尔,要我帮你倒柠檬水吗?

Michelle: No, thank you. I'll wait for my father.

不用了,谢谢。我等爸爸回来。

Susan: Michelle, can we have a talk?

米歇尔,我们聊聊好吗?

Michelle: Sure.

好啊。

Susan: I know you miss your mother.

我知道你很想妈妈。

Michelle: You do?

你知道?

Susan: Yes. And I'm not trying to take her place.

是的。而且我并不是想取代她。

Michelle: Then why are you and Daddy spending so much time together?

那为什么你和爸爸总是在一起?

Susan: Because we like each other. And right now, he needs a friend.

因为我们彼此喜欢。而且现在,他需要一个朋友。

Michelle: I'm his friend.

我就是他的朋友。

Susan: I know you are.

我知道。

Michelle: Sometimes he's very sad.

他有时候会很难过。

Susan: And so are you, I think.

我想你也是。

Michelle: Sometimes.

有时候吧。

Susan: I'd like to be your friend, too. Will you let me be your friend, Michelle? [ She offers her hand to Michelle. Michelle accepts it. ]

我也想做你的朋友。你愿意让我当你的朋友吗,米歇尔?

Harry: [ He returns to the table. ] So, what were you two talking about?

你们俩刚才聊什么呢?

Michelle: Just girl talk, Daddy.  It's too hard to explain.

只是我们女孩子之间的私心话,爸爸。跟你解释不清楚的。

Harry: You're probably right. Well, let's get started.

你说得对。好啦,我们开始吃吧。

[ They begin to eat. ]

12个相关单词

与课文关联的单词

pick out

/pɪk aʊt/v. 挑选

fountain

/ˈfaʊntən/n. 饮水机;供应饮用水之处

embarrassing

/ɪmˈbærəsɪŋ/adj. 使人尴尬的

situation *

/ˌsɪtʃuˈeɪʃ(ə)n/n. 处境

enter *

/ˈentə(r)/v. 登记;输入

crab

/kræb/n. 蟹肉

pitcher

/ˈpɪtʃə(r)/n. 大壶

celery

/ˈseləri/n. 芹菜

summer house

/ˈsʌmə haʊs/n. 避暑(房)别墅

beach

/biːtʃ/n. (海边)沙滩

ice-cold

/ˌaɪs ˈkəʊld/adj. 冰冷的

girl talk

/ɡɜːl tɔːk/n. (女生间)悄悄话
笔记更新中
当您看到了此提示,说明本课笔记还在正在努力更新中...
改约 更新于:2026-05-11 05:20:17

It's nice to see you again.很高兴又见到你。

It's nice to 做某事是很棒的 / 很高兴...

  • It's nice to meet you finally. 终于见到你了,真高兴。
  • It's nice to be back home after a long trip. 长途旅行后回到家的感觉真好。
  • It's nice to have a friend like you. 有你这样的朋友真好。
Good to (口语)很高兴...Good to see you, man! 哥们儿,见到你真好!
Pleasure to (正式)荣幸...It's a pleasure to work with your team. 很荣幸能与贵团队合作。

Michelle picked these flowers out for you.这些花是米歇尔专门为你选的。

pick out 挑选出 / 辨认出

  • She picked out a beautiful dress for the party. 她为聚会挑了一件漂亮的裙子。
  • See if you can pick out my brother in this photo. 看你能不能在这张照片里认出我哥哥。
  • I spent an hour picking out the best apples. 我花了一个小时挑选最好的苹果。
Select (正式)挑选The committee will select the best candidate. 委员会将选出最佳候选人。
Single out 挑出 / 针对Why did you single him out for punishment? 你为什么偏偏挑他出来受罚?

We're going to go to lunch in a few minutes, honey.亲爱的,咱们过几分钟就去吃午饭。

in a few minutes 过几分钟 / 马上

  • The movie will start in a few minutes. 电影几分钟后就开始。
  • I'll be ready in a few minutes. 我过几分钟就准备好。
  • Can you call me back in a few minutes? 你能过几分钟再给我打过来吗?
In a bit (口语)一会儿I'll see you in a bit. 待会儿见。
Shortly (正式)不久The train will be arriving shortly. 火车即将抵达。

I used to be that way when I was her age.我像她这么大的时候也那样(害羞)。

used to 过去常常 / 曾经(现在不这样了)

  • I used to play piano when I was a kid. 我小时候经常弹钢琴。
  • He used to smoke, but he quit last year. 他以前抽烟,但去年戒了。
  • This place used to be a quiet village. 这地方以前是个安静的小村庄。
Be that way 那样 / 那个样子Don't be that way; I was only joking! 别那样(生气/别扭),我只是开玩笑!
At one's age 在某人这个年纪You shouldn't be staying up so late at your age. 在你这个年纪不该熬这么晚。

if Michelle doesn't want to go, we don't have to.如果米歇尔不想去,咱们就不必去了。

don't have to 不必 / 不需要(强调没有义务)

  • You don't have to come if you're busy. 如果你忙的话就不必来了。
  • It's free, so we don't have to pay. 这是免费的,所以我们不用给钱。
  • You don't have to explain anything to me. 你不需要向我解释任何事。
Needn't (较正式)没必要You needn't worry about the cost. 你没必要担心费用问题。
No need to 没必要...There's no need to shout. 没必要大声嚷嚷。

I have a call to make.我得打个电话。

make a call 打个电话

  • Wait for me, I need to make a quick call. 等我下,我得打个简短的电话。
  • Can I make a call from your office? 我能在你办公室打个电话吗?
  • I have several calls to make this afternoon. 我今天下午有几个电话要打。
Give someone a ring (口语)给某人来电Give me a ring when you arrive. 你到了给我打个电话。
Get someone on the phone (常用)接通某人I finally got him on the phone. 我终于联系上他了(接通了电话)。

I find myself in an embarrassing situation.我发现自己正处于一个挺尴尬的境地。

find oneself in 发现自己处于(某种状态/境地)

  • I found myself in a strange city with no money. 我发现自己身处一个陌生的城市,身上一分钱也没有。
  • He often finds himself in trouble because of his temper. 他常因为脾气差而发现自己陷入麻烦。
  • She found herself in a position of great responsibility. 她发现自己肩负着巨大的责任。
Be stuck in 陷在...中I'm stuck in a difficult situation. 我正陷于困境之中。
End up in 最后落得...局面You'll end up in debt if you keep spending like that. 如果你一直那样花钱,最后会负债累累。

Can you and I meet for drinks tomorrow?明天咱俩能见个面喝两杯吗?

meet for drinks 约着喝两杯

  • Let's meet for drinks after work. 咱们下班后去喝两杯。
  • We met for drinks and talked about the old days. 我们见面喝了几杯,聊了聊过去。
  • Would you like to meet for drinks sometime next week? 下周找个时间一起喝两杯怎么样?
Grab a drink (地道口语)去喝一杯Do you want to grab a drink? 想去喝一杯吗?
Go for a coffee 去喝咖啡(通常指下午)Let's go for a coffee and chat. 咱们去喝杯咖啡聊聊天吧。
闲聊过去 更新于:2026-05-11 05:21:23

What'll it be?几位想吃点什么?

What'll it be? 想点什么? / 要来点什么?

  • Welcome to our bar! What'll it be for you tonight? 欢迎光临本酒吧!今晚想喝点什么?
  • Next! What'll it be? I have a long line here. 下一位!要点什么?我这儿还排着长队呢。
  • "What'll it be, sir?" "I'll have a black coffee, please." “先生,您要点什么?” “请给我一杯黑咖啡。”
What can I get you? 我能为您拿点什么?What can I get you to start with? 先给您上点什么(吃的/喝的)?
Are you ready to order? 准备好点餐了吗?Are you ready to order, or do you need a few more minutes? 准备好点餐了,还是再看几分钟?

Well, the crab salad's always a big hit.嗯,螃蟹沙拉一直都是这里的爆款。

a big hit 爆款 / 大受欢迎的事物

  • His new movie is a big hit across the country. 他的新电影在全国范围内都非常卖座。
  • That song was a big hit back in the 90s. 那首歌在九十年代非常流行。
  • The chocolate cake was a big hit at the party. 那款巧克力蛋糕在聚会上大受欢迎。
Best-seller 畅销货This smartphone is our best-seller this month. 这款智能手机是我们本月的销量冠军。
Trend 趋势 / 潮流Short videos are the latest trend in marketing. 短视频是营销领域的最新潮流。

I'd love the crab salad.我要份螃蟹沙拉。

I'd love... (点餐或接受邀请)我想要... / 我很乐意...

  • I'd love a glass of red wine, please. 我想来杯红酒。
  • "Would you like to join us?" "I'd love to!" “想加入我们吗?” “我很乐意!”
  • I'd love the steak, medium-rare. 我要一份牛排,三分熟。
I'll have... 我要...I'll have the cheeseburger and some fries. 我要一个芝士汉堡和一些薯条。
I'll go with... 我选...I'll go with the seafood pasta. 我选海鲜意面。

Help yourself to celery and carrots.芹菜和胡萝卜请自便(随便吃)。

Help yourself to... 请自便 / 随便吃或用...

  • There's plenty of coffee, so help yourself to another cup. 咖啡很多,请自便再来一杯。
  • Please help yourself to the snacks on the table. 桌上的零食请随便吃。
  • Feel free to help yourself to any books in my collection. 我收藏的这些书你尽管随便看。
Be my guest 请便 / 别客气"Can I use your phone?" "Be my guest." “我能用下你电话吗?” “请便。”
Dig in 开动吧 / 别客气The pizza is here, so dig in everyone! 披萨到了,大家快开动吧!

You and Mommy used to take me on the ferryboat.你和妈妈以前常带我坐渡轮。

used to 过去常常(指现在已不再发生的习惯或状态)

  • I used to live in a small apartment before I moved here. 搬来这儿之前,我一直住在一间小公寓里。
  • She used to have long hair, but now it's short. 她以前留长发,但现在剪短了。
  • We used to go swimming every summer. 以前每个夏天我们都会去游泳。
Back in the day 想当年 / 以前Back in the day, we didn't have smartphones. 想当年,我们还没有智能手机呢。
Once 曾经 / 一度He was once a famous singer. 他曾经是一位著名的歌手。

Sometimes, at night, we would go down to the beach.有时在晚上,我们会去海滩边。

would (过去)总会 / 经常(侧重描述过去的重复动作)

  • Every morning, my grandpa would sit on the porch and read. 每天早上,我爷爷总会坐在门廊上看书。
  • In the winter, we would spend hours playing in the snow. 冬天的时候,我们常会花几个小时在雪地里玩耍。
  • She would always bring me small gifts when she visited. 她每次来访总会给我带些小礼物。
Habitually 习惯性地He habitually checked his email before bed. 他习惯在睡觉前检查邮件。

With a piece of meat on a string!用一根绳子系着块肉(钓螃蟹)!

on a string 系在绳子上

  • The child was playing with a wooden bird on a string. 那个孩子正在玩一只系在绳子上的木鸟。
  • He lowered the keys down to me on a string. 他用一根绳子把钥匙垂下来给我。
  • They caught the crabs using chicken on a string. 他们用系在绳子上的鸡肉来钓螃蟹。
悄悄话 更新于:2026-05-11 05:22:23

There you go.(递东西时说)给您。/ 拿好。

There you go 这就是你要的 / 给您 / 就该这样

  • There you go, a tall latte with extra foam. 给您,一杯多奶泡的大杯拿铁。
  • There you go! I knew you could solve that math problem. 这就对了嘛!我就知道你能解开那道数学题。
  • "Can I have the salt?" "There you go." “能把盐递给我吗?”“给。”
Here you are (最常用)给你Here you are, your change and the receipt. 给您,这是找零和收据。
Here you go (更口语)给你Here you go, enjoy your meal! 给,请慢用!

can I help you with the lemonade?要我帮你倒柠檬汁吗?

help someone with something 帮某人处理某事

  • Could you help me with these heavy suitcases? 你能帮我提提这些沉重的行李箱吗?
  • I need someone to help me with my English homework. 我需要有人帮我做英语作业。
  • She helped the old lady with her groceries. 她帮那个老太太提了她买的菜。
Give a hand with (地道口语)帮把手Can you give me a hand with this table? 你能帮我抬下这张桌子吗?
Assist in/with (正式)协助The company will assist you with the relocation. 公司将协助你办理搬迁事宜。

I'm not trying to take her place.我并没想过要取代她的位置。

take someone's place 取代/接替某人的位置

  • No one can ever take the place of my grandmother. 谁也无法取代我奶奶在我心里的地位。
  • If the captain is injured, who will take his place? 如果队长受伤了,谁来接替他?
  • Electric cars are slowly taking the place of gas ones. 电动汽车正在慢慢取代燃油车。
Replace (常用词)替换We need to replace the old printer. 我们需要把这台旧打印机换掉。
Fill someone's shoes (习语)胜任某人的工作He’s a great leader; it will be hard to fill his shoes. 他是个伟大的领袖,很难有人能做得像他那么好。

And so are you, I think.我想你也是(一样的伤心)。

So + be动词/助动词 + 主语 某人也一样

  • "I am hungry." "So am I." “我饿了。”“我也饿了。”
  • "She loves jazz music." "So does her brother." “她喜欢爵士乐。”“她哥哥也喜欢。”
  • "We have finished the task." "So have they." “我们完成任务了。”“他们也完成了。”
Me too (最简口语)我也一样"I'm tired." "Me too." “我累了。”“我也是。”
Neither/Nor... (否定句)某人也不..."I don't like coffee." "Neither do I." “我不喜欢咖啡。”“我也不喜欢。”

Just girl talk, Daddy.爸爸,就是女孩子间的私房话啦。

girl talk 女性间的私密闲聊

  • Leave us alone for a while, we need some girl talk. 让我们单独待会儿,我们需要聊点女孩子的私房话。
  • The evening was filled with laughter and girl talk. 那天晚上充满了欢笑和女孩子间的闲聊。
  • It’s not for men’s ears; it’s just girl talk. 这不是男人该听的,只是女性间的闲谈。
Small talk 寒暄 / 闲谈I’m not very good at small talk at parties. 我不擅长在聚会上跟人寒暄。
Chitchat 聊天 / 唠嗑Stop the chitchat and get back to work! 别唠嗑了,回去干活!

It's too hard to explain.这太难解释清楚了。

too... to... 太...而不能... / 太...以至于难于...

  • The coffee is too hot to drink. 这咖啡太烫了,没法喝。
  • He was too tired to walk any further. 他太累了,一步也走不动了。
  • The suitcase is too heavy for me to lift. 这箱子太重了,我提不起来。
Beyond explanation 无法解释His behavior that night was beyond explanation. 他那晚的行为简直不可理喻。
Hard to put into words 难以言表How I feel right now is hard to put into words. 我现在的心情难以言表。

Well, let's get started.好啦,咱们开始吧。

get started 开始 / 着手进行

  • We have a lot to do today, so let's get started. 我们今天有很多事要做,赶紧开始吧。
  • I can't wait to get started on my new project. 我等不及要开始我的新项目了。
  • How do we get started with the installation? 我们怎么开始安装程序?
Get the ball rolling (习语)开始行动Who wants to get the ball rolling? 谁想先开始?
Set to work 开始干活They set to work immediately after the meeting. 会议结束后他们立即开始干活。