Episode 10 Smell the Flowers ACT III偷得浮生半日闲 第三幕

[ At the South Street Seaport a little later. Susan, Harry, and Michelle are sightseeing. ]

Susan: [ She looks at her watch. ] Oh, it's a quarter to four, and I have a production meeting at four.

噢,差一刻四点了,我四点钟还有个生产会议。

Harry: I planned to take you for a ride in Central Park in a horse and carriage.

我本想带你坐坐中央公园的观光马车呢。

Susan: Harry, I'd love to, but I have work to do.

哈里,我很想去,可我还有工作要处理。

Harry: OK. We'll walk back to your office with you. It's so nice out. I decided to forget about my accounting problems and just enjoy this beautiful spring day. Take the time, Susan.

好吧。我们陪你走回办公室。今天天气这么好。我决定先把那些会计审计上的那些难题放一边,好好享受这个美丽的春日。忙里偷闲吧,苏珊。

Susan: I know I should, but ... well, there are too many things to do.

我知道我该这样,可是… 唉,要做的事情实在太多了。

Harry: I understand. I'll go for a ride with Michelle.

我明白。那我就和米歇尔一起去坐马车吧。

Susan: Right. Well, I had a really nice time.

好吧。嗯,我今天真的玩得很开心。

Harry: So did I.

我也是。

Michelle: So did I. I'm sorry you can't come with us, Susan.

我也是。苏珊,真可惜你不能和我们一起去。

Susan: So am I.

我也觉得很可惜。

Harry: Bye-bye.

再见。

[ He and Michelle start to leave. ]

Susan: Harry! Michelle! Can you wait till I make a phone call?

哈里!米歇尔!你们能等我打个电话吗?

Harry: Sure.

当然。

[ Susan calls her office from a pay phone. ]

Sam: Susan Stewart's office.

这里是苏珊·斯图尔特办公室。

Susan: Sam, this is Susan.

萨姆,我是苏珊。

Sam: Hi. How was lunch?

嗨,午饭吃得怎么样?

Susan: Fine.

(午饭)吃得挺好的。

Sam: You're late. The production department's waiting in the conference room.

你迟到了。生产部门的人正在会议室等你呢。

Susan: I know. Ask Paul Smith to fill in for me. He knows everything about the production schedule, and he can answer any questions.

我知道。让保罗·史密斯替我顶一下。他对生产进度非常了解,任何问题他都能回答。

Sam: Right.

好的。

Susan: Don't tell anyone, but I'm taking a little time to smell the flowers.

别告诉别人,我正抽空放松一下呢。

Sam: Good for you. It'll be our secret.

太棒了,支持你。这事儿天知地知,你知我知。

Susan: But schedule another production meeting for tomorrow. I'll be back for my six o'clock appointment with Mr. Ozawa.

不过明天再安排一次生产会议吧。我会赶回来参加六点和小泽先生的会面。

Sam: OK, Susan. And have a nice afternoon.

好的,苏珊。祝你下午过得愉快。

Susan: Thanks. [ She hangs up the phone and joins Harry and Michelle. They get into a taxicab. ]

谢谢。

[ Later, in Central Park. Harry, Susan, and Michelle are riding in a carriage. ]

Harry: She likes you.

她喜欢你。

Susan: I know. I like her.

我知道。我也喜欢她。

Harry: How'd you do it?

你是怎么做到的?

Susan: We had a talk.

我们聊了聊。

Harry: About what?

聊什么了?

Susan: Life.

聊了聊生活。

Harry: And what did you decide?

那你们聊出什么结果了?

Susan: That's a secret ... between us women.

这是个秘密… 属于我们女人之间的秘密。

[ The carriage continues to ride through Central Park. ]

笔记更新中
当您看到了此提示,说明本课笔记还在正在努力更新中...
结束会面 更新于:2026-05-11 09:47:39

it's a quarter to four, and I have a production meeting at four.现在是三点四十五,我四点有个生产会议。

a quarter to 差一刻到...点

  • It's a quarter to nine, we need to hurry! 现在八点四十五,我们得快点儿了!
  • The train leaves at a quarter to six. 火车五点四十五分出发。
  • I'll meet you there at a quarter to one. 我十二点四十五分在那儿跟你碰头。
A quarter past ...点一刻It's a quarter past ten. 现在是十点一刻。
Half past ...点半Let's meet at half past two. 咱们两点半见。

I planned to take you for a ride in a horse and carriage.我本来打算带你坐马车兜兜风。

take someone for a ride 带某人去兜风

  • He took her for a ride in his new sports car. 他开着他的新跑车带她去兜了兜风。
  • Let's take the kids for a ride in the countryside. 咱们带孩子们去乡下转转吧。
  • Can you take me for a ride on your motorcycle? 你能骑摩托车带我兜一圈吗?
Go for a stroll 去散散步The weather is lovely, let's go for a stroll. 天气很好,咱们去溜达溜达吧。
Take a spin (口语)去兜风/试驾Wanna take a spin in my new Jeep? 想坐我的新吉普车去兜一圈吗?

I decided to forget about my accounting problems.我决定把会计上的那些烦心事儿先抛到脑后。

forget about 忘记 / 不再考虑 / 别想了

  • Don't forget about the meeting tomorrow. 别忘了明天的会。
  • You should forget about what he said and move on. 你应该忘了他说的那些话,向前看。
  • Forget about the money; it's not important. 别管钱的事了,那不重要。
Put something behind you 把某事抛在脑后You need to put this failure behind you. 你需要把这次失败抛在脑后。
Let it go 随它去吧 / 别计较了It's not worth the anger; just let it go. 不值得生气,算了吧。

Take the time, Susan.抽出点时间(享受生活)吧,苏珊。

take the time 抽时间 / 找时间(做值得做的事)

  • You really should take the time to visit your parents. 你真该抽空去看看你父母。
  • He didn't even take the time to say goodbye. 他甚至连告别的时间都没抽出来。
  • It’s important to take the time to relax every day. 每天花点时间放松一下很重要。
Make time 挤时间 / 腾出时间I'll try to make time for a workout today. 我今天会尽量挤出时间锻炼。
Set aside time 拨出时间We should set aside time to discuss the budget. 我们应该拨出专门的时间讨论预算。

So did I. / So am I.我也一样。

So + 助动词/系动词 + 主语 某人也一样(肯定形式)

  • "I enjoyed the movie." "So did I." “我挺喜欢这电影。”“我也是。”
  • "She's a teacher." "So am I." “她是老师。”“我也是。”
  • "I can swim." "So can he." “我会游泳。”“他也会。”
Neither/Nor... (否定句)我也不是..."I don't smoke." "Neither do I." “我不抽烟。”“我也不抽。”
Same here (非正式口语)我也一样"I'm starving." "Same here." “我饿扁了。”“我也是。”

I know I should, but ... well, there are too many things to do.我知道我该(抽时间),但是……唉,要做的事情实在太多了。

there are... to do 有...要做

  • There are so many dishes to wash. 有这么多碗要洗。
  • Is there anything else to do before we leave? 咱们走之前还有别的事要干吗?
  • There are a few problems to solve first. 首先有几个问题需要解决。
Be supposed to 理应...I am supposed to be working right now. 我现在理应在工作的。
Have a lot on one's plate 事儿多得忙不过来I have a lot on my plate this week. 我这周忙得不可开交。
电话请假 更新于:2026-05-11 09:48:33

Can you wait till I make a phone call?你们能等我打个电话吗?

make a phone call 打个电话

  • I need to make a phone call before we leave. 出发前我得打个电话。
  • Can I make a phone call from here? 我能从这儿打个电话吗?
  • She stepped outside to make a phone call. 她走到外面去打了个电话。
Give someone a call 给某人打个电话I'll give you a call later tonight. 我今晚晚点给你打电话。
Place a call (正式)拨打电话Please place a call to our Tokyo office. 请给我们的东京办公室拨个电话。

Ask Paul Smith to fill in for me.找保罗·史密斯替我一下。

fill in for 顶替...的位置 / 替某人的班

  • Can you fill in for me at the meeting? 会议上你能替我一下吗?
  • She filled in for the teacher who was sick. 她替那位生病的老师代课。
  • I'm filling in for the manager while he's on vacation. 经理度假期间由我代行职责。
Cover for 替某人顶班I'll cover for you if you need to leave early. 如果你得早走,我来替你。
Step in 介入 / 顶替The vice president had to step in when the CEO resigned. CEO辞职后,副总裁不得不接手工作。

He can answer any questions.任何问题他都能解答。

answer questions 回答问题

  • The expert is here to answer your questions. 专家来这里是为了回答大家的问题。
  • I'll answer any questions at the end of the presentation. 演讲结束后我会回答任何疑问。
  • She answered all the questions correctly. 她正确回答了所有问题。
Field questions (地道)应对提问The politician had to field questions from the press. 那位政客不得不应对媒体的提问。
Handle questions 处理疑问Our support team will handle your questions. 我们的支持团队会处理您的疑问。

I'm taking a little time to smell the flowers.我要花点时间享受下生活。

smell the flowers (习语)停下来享受生活 / 忙里偷闲

  • You're working too hard; you need to stop and smell the flowers. 你工作太拼了,得停下来享受下生活。
  • We took a weekend trip just to smell the flowers. 我们周末去旅行,就是为了放松一下。
  • Sometimes it's important to just smell the flowers and be grateful. 有时候停下来感受生活并心存感激很重要。
Take a breather 歇口气 / 休息一下Let's take a breather before we finish the job. 干完活之前咱们先歇口气。
Unwind 放松 / 解压Music helps me unwind after a stressful day. 音乐能帮我在压力大的一天后放松下来。

It'll be our secret.这是咱俩的小秘密。

our secret 我们的秘密

  • Keep this between us; it's our secret. 这事儿就咱俩知道,是我们的秘密。
  • Don't tell Mom about the surprise; it's our secret. 别告诉妈妈那个惊喜,这是咱俩的秘密。
  • I guess our secret is out now. 我想我们的秘密现在已经传开了。
Between you and me 只有你知我知Between you and me, I'm thinking of quitting. 悄悄告诉你,我打算辞职了。
Off the record (正式)私下里/不记录在案What I'm saying is off the record. 我说的这些是私下谈话。

I'll be back for my six o'clock appointment.我六点钟那场预约会准时回来的。

be back for 为了...而回来

  • Will you be back for dinner? 你会回来吃晚饭吗?
  • I need to be back for the start of the game. 我得在比赛开始前赶回来。
  • She'll be back for her interview tomorrow. 她明天会回来参加面试。
Make it back 赶回来I hope I can make it back in time for the party. 我希望我能及时赶回来参加聚会。
Return for (正式)为...返回He will return for the final decision next week. 他下周会回来听取最终决定。
转变态度 更新于:2026-05-11 09:49:29

How'd you do it?你是怎么做到的?

How'd (How did的口语缩写) 是怎么...的

  • How'd you find out about the party? 你是怎么知道这个派对的?
  • How'd it go with your boss today? 你今天跟老板谈得怎么样?
  • How'd you managed to finish it so fast? 你是怎么做到这么快就完成的?
How did you manage... 你是怎么设法...How did you manage to get those tickets? 你是怎么弄到那些票的?
What's the secret? 秘诀是什么?You look great! What's the secret? 你看起气色真好!有什么秘诀吗?

We had a talk.我们谈了谈心。

have a talk 谈话 / 谈心 / 沟通

  • We need to have a talk about our future. 我们需要谈谈我们的未来。
  • I'll have a talk with him when he gets home. 等他到家我会跟他谈谈的。
  • My dad and I had a long talk last night. 昨晚我和我爸进行了一番长谈。
Have a word with 跟某人说两句/商量Can I have a word with you in private? 我能单独跟你说两句吗?
Heart-to-heart 心贴心的谈话They finally had a heart-to-heart. 他们终于进行了一次推心置腹的交谈。

What did you decide?你们商量出什么结果了?

decide 决定 / 拿主意

  • It’s hard to decide which one to buy. 很难决定买哪一个。
  • Have you decided where to go for vacation? 你决定好去哪儿度假了吗?
  • Whatever you decide, I’ll support you. 无论你做何决定,我都支持你。
Make up one's mind 下定决心I haven't made up my mind yet. 我还没拿定主意。
Settle on 定下 / 选定We finally settled on the blue wallpaper. 我们最后定下了蓝色的壁纸。

That's a secret ... between us women.那是咱女人之间的秘密。

between us (指秘密、私事)只有你我/咱们知道

  • Let’s keep this just between us. 这事儿就咱俩知道,别传出去。
  • Between us, I don't think he's right for the job. 私下跟你说,我觉得他不适合这份工作。
  • There are no secrets between us. 咱们之间没有秘密。
Keep it under wraps 保守秘密They kept the news under wraps for weeks. 他们把这个消息捂了好几周。
Just between you and me 天知地知你知我知Just between you and me, I’m getting a promotion. 咱俩私下说,我要升职了。