Episode 10 Smell the Flowers ACT I偷得浮生半日闲 第一幕

[ In Susan Stewart's office at Universe Toy Company in Manhattan. Susan is speaking with her assistant Sam. ]

Sam: Good morning, Susan.

早安,苏珊。

Susan: Good morning, Sam. [ She enters her office. ] What's the schedule today?

早安,萨姆。今天都有什么安排?

Sam: [ He looks at the appointment book. ] Ten o'clock, telephone FAO Schwarz about the new twin baby dolls.

十点钟,打电话给FAO Schwarz,洽谈新款双胞胎娃娃业务。

Susan: OK.

好的。

Sam: Telephone Mrs. Zaskey at the advertising agency.

给广告公司的扎斯基夫人打电话。

Susan: I did that. Go on.

我已经打过了。继续。

Sam: Eleven o'clock, approve the sketches for the toy spaceship.

十一点钟,审批玩具宇宙飞船的草图。

Susan: Where are they?

草图在哪儿?

Sam: Right here.

就在这儿。

Susan: Did you look at them?

你看过了吗?

Sam: Yes, I did.

看过了。

Susan: What do you think of the spaceship?

你觉得这个宇宙飞船怎么样?

Sam: I think the kids'll love it.

我觉得孩子们一定会喜欢。

Susan: Would you show me the drawings, please?

把草图给我看看,好吗?

[Sam gives a sketch of a toy spaceship to Susan.]

Susan: Huh. [ She examines the drawing. ]

嗯。

[ A little later... ]

Susan: Now, what else is on the schedule today?

那今天还有什么安排?

Sam: Well, at one o'clock you have a lunch appointment with Mr. Levine, the client from the Toytown Stores.

一点钟,你和Toytown Stores的客户莱文先生约了午餐。

Susan: Where?

在哪儿?

Sam: At Rossano's.

在罗萨诺餐厅。

Susan: Hmm. Anything else?

嗯。还有吗?

Sam: At four o'clock, you have a meeting with the production staff in the conference room.

四点钟,你要和生产部门的人在会议室开会。

Susan: Make sure everybody is at that meeting.

确保所有人都到场。

Sam: Will do. At six you're meeting Mr. Ozawa.

没问题。六点钟你要见小泽先生。

Susan: Oh, yes. Are his models here?

噢,对了。他的模型送来了吗?

Sam: They're in my office.

在我办公室里。

Susan: I'd like to see them.

我想看看。

Sam: Right.

好的。

Susan: What else?

还有什么?

[ Sam drops the appointment book and pencil on Susan's desk. ]

Susan: Come on, Sam ...

行了,萨姆…

Sam: You work too hard, Susan. When was your last day off?

你工作太拼了,苏珊。你上次休假是什么时候?

Susan: Hmm. I can't remember.

嗯,记不清了。

Sam: You really ought to take some time off.

你真的该休息几天了。

Susan: What for?

为什么?

Sam: To enjoy the simple things in life ...

去享受生活中平凡的美好…

Susan: I know, Sam.  Maybe soon.

我知道,萨姆。也许快了吧。

Sam: To smell the flowers.

放松放松,去感受一下生活的气息(直译:去闻闻花香)。

Susan: Oh, wait a minute. What's today's date?

噢,等一下。今天几号?

Sam: Today is the twelfth. Why?

今天十二号。怎么了?

Susan: It seems to me I scheduled something else.

我好像还安排了别的事。

Sam: There's nothing else in the appointment book.

日程本里没有别的安排了。

Susan: I'm sure I did. Oh, well, I'll probably remember it later.

我肯定还有安排。噢,也许等会儿我就想起来了。

Sam: I hope it isn't important.

希望不是什么重要的事。

Susan: Hmm. It's probably nothing. OK, let's get started. Would you call Priscilla Smith at FAO Schwarz, please?

嗯,可能也没什么。好了,开始工作吧。请给FAO Schwarz的普里西拉·史密斯打个电话,好吗?

Sam: Right.

好的。

[ Later that morning... ]

Sam: [ He holds two model cars. ] These are the models from the Japanese film maker.

这些是那位日本电影制作人送来的模型。

Susan: Thank you. Just put them on my desk.

谢谢。放我桌上就行。

Sam: And the new drawings for the toy spaceship.

还有玩具宇宙飞船的新草图。

Susan: Wonderful. That was fast.

太好了,动作真快。

Sam: We have a new artist. She's very talented.

我们来了位新设计师。她很有才华。

Susan: What time is it, anyway? My watch stopped.

现在几点了?我的表停了。

Sam: It's eleven thirty.

十一点半。

Susan: What time is my lunch date with Bill Levine?

我和比尔·莱文约的是几点吃午饭?

Sam: One o'clock.

一点钟。

Susan: Remind me to leave at twelve forty-five.

记得提醒我十二点四十五分出发。

Sam: Did you remember your other appointment for today?

你想起今天另外那个约会了吗?

Susan: No, but I have a feeling it's going to be too late when I do remember.

还没有,不过我有种感觉,等我想起来的时候恐怕已经晚了。

[ Sam leaves Susan's office. A little later, he returns. ]

Susan: Yes, Sam?

什么事,萨姆?

Sam: I just solved the mystery.

我刚刚破案了。

Susan: What did I forget?

我到底忘了什么?

Sam: You have some guests in the reception room.

有几位客人在接待室等你。

Susan: What? Who?

什么?谁啊?

Sam: Mr. Harry Bennett and his daughter.

哈里·贝内特先生和他的女儿。

Susan: I remember!

我想起来了!

Susan: Oh ... Harry! I made a lunch date with him and his daughter weeks ago.

噢…哈里!几个星期前我就和他还有他女儿约好一起吃午饭了。

Sam: Is he a client?

他是客户吗?

Susan: He's a friend.

他是我朋友。

Sam: Well, he's here with his daughter to have lunch.

嗯,他已经带着女儿来赴午餐约会了。

Susan: I met her at Thanksgiving, and I promised to have lunch with both of them today.

我是在感恩节认识她的,我答应今天请他们父女俩一起吃午饭。

Sam: Yes, indeed. What are you going to do about your appointment with Mr. Levine?

原来如此。那你和莱文先生的约会打算怎么处理?

Susan: Any suggestions? [ She smiles at Sam. ] Oh!

有什么好建议吗?噢!
19个相关单词

与课文关联的单词

twin

/twɪn/adj. 双胞胎的

doll

/dɒl/n. 洋娃娃

agency *

/ˈeɪdʒənsi/n. 代理商

approve *

/əˈpruːv/v. 审批

sketch

/sketʃ/n. 草图

spaceship

/ˈspeɪsʃɪp/n. 宇宙飞船

drawing

/ˈdrɔːɪŋ/n. 素描画

client

/ˈklaɪənt/n. 客户

production *

/prəˈdʌkʃ(ə)n/n. 生产

conference *

/ˈkɒnfərəns/n. 会议

make sure

/meɪk ʃʊə(r)/v. 确保

meeting *

/ˈmiːtɪŋ/n. 会议;会见

model *

/ˈmɒd(ə)l/n. 模型

day off

/ˌdeɪ ˈɒf/n. 休假

maker *

/ˈmeɪkə(r)/n. 制作人

artist *

/ˈɑːtɪst/n. 美工

talented

/ˈtæləntɪd/n. 有才华的

solved

/sɒlvd/v. 解决了

suggestion

/səˈdʒestʃən/n. 建议
笔记更新中
当您看到了此提示,说明本课笔记还在正在努力更新中...
工作日程 更新于:2026-05-09 03:07:02

What's the schedule today?今天是怎么安排的?

schedule 日程 / 进度表

  • I have a very busy schedule this week. 我这周的日程排得非常满。
  • The project is still on schedule despite the rain. 尽管下雨,项目仍按进度进行。
  • We are behind schedule and need to hurry up. 我们进度落后了,得快点才行。
Agenda 议程 / 待办事项What's on the agenda for today's meeting? 今天会议的议程是什么?
Timetable 时间表(常指交通或课程)The bus timetable has changed recently. 公交时刻表最近变了。

Telephone FAO Schwarz about the new twin baby dolls.给 FAO Schwarz 打个电话,问问那款新的双胞胎娃娃的事儿。

telephone someone about something 就某事给某人打电话

  • I need to telephone the bank about my credit card. 我得给银行打个电话问问我信用卡的事。
  • Did you telephone the agency about the advertisement? 你给代理公司打过电话问广告的事了吗?
  • She telephoned her lawyer about the contract. 她给律师打了电话咨询合同的问题。
Give a ring (口语)打个电话Give me a ring when you get home. 到家给我打个电话。

Go on.继续说(下去)。

go on 继续 / 接着做

  • Please go on with your story, it's very interesting. 请继续讲你的故事,挺有意思的。
  • Don't stop, go on reading. 别停,继续读。
  • He went on talking even though no one was listening. 即使没人听,他还在那儿滔滔不绝。
Carry on (地道口语)继续Carry on working until I come back. 一直干到我回来为止。
Keep + V-ing 不停地/持续做某事Just keep moving forward. 只要不停地往前走就行。

What do you think of the spaceship?你觉得这太空船怎么样?

think of 认为 / 觉得 / 对……的看法

  • What do you think of the new boss? 你觉得新老板这人怎么样?
  • I don't think much of his latest movie. 我觉得他最近那部电影不怎么样。
  • What did they think of our proposal? 他们对我们的提议怎么看?
How do you feel about... (询问主观感受)你觉得……How do you feel about the new office? 你觉得新办公室怎么样?
Opinion of 对……的观点What's your opinion of the current situation? 你对现状有什么看法?

Make sure everybody is at that meeting.务必确保每个人都参加那个会。

make sure 确保 / 查明 / 弄清楚

  • Please make sure that the door is locked. 请务必确认门锁好了。
  • I'll make sure he gets the message. 我保证他能收到这封信。
  • Make sure to arrive on time for the interview. 面试务必准时到。
Ensure (正式)确保We must ensure the safety of the passengers. 我们必须确保乘客的安全。
Double-check 再核对一次Please double-check the numbers before sending. 发送前请再核对一下数字。

Will do.没问题,这就办。

Will do (极地道的口语回复)这就去办 / 好的

  • "Can you clean the car?" "Will do!" “你能洗下车吗?” “好的,这就去!”
  • "Send me that file by 5 PM." "Will do." “下午五点前把文件发我。” “没问题。”
  • "Don't forget to buy milk." "Will do." “别忘了买牛奶。” “好的。”
Consider it done (更自信)包在我身上"Fix this bug today." "Consider it done." “今天修好这个漏洞。” “没问题,包在我身上。”
On it (口语)正要去办"We need more coffee." "I'm on it!" “我们需要咖啡。” “我这就去拿!”

I'd like to see them.我想看看它们(那些模型)。

I'd like to (礼貌的愿望)我想……

  • I'd like to order a pizza, please. 我想点个披萨。
  • I'd like to speak with the manager. 我想和经理谈谈。
  • I'd like to thank everyone for coming today. 我想感谢今天到场的每位朋友。
Feel like (口语)想干……I feel like having a cold drink. 我想喝点冷饮。
平衡工作与生活 更新于:2026-05-09 03:07:51

Come on, Sam ...别这样/得了吧,萨姆。

Come on 得了吧 / 快点 / 拜托

  • Come on, we're going to be late! 快点儿,我们要迟到了!
  • Oh, come on! You know that’s not true. 噢,得了吧!你知道那不是真的。
  • Come on, give it a try. 拜托,试一下嘛。
Give me a break 饶了我吧 / 得了吧Give me a break, I've been working all day. 饶了我吧,我干了一整天活了。
Step it up 快点 / 加把劲We need to step it up if we want to finish tonight. 如果我们想今晚做完,就得加把劲了。

When was your last day off?你上次休假是什么时候?

day off 休息日 / 假期

  • I have a day off this Friday. 这周五我休假。
  • What did you do on your day off? 你休假那天干什么去了?
  • I really need a day off to recharge. 我真的需要休一天假来充充电。
Take a day off 请一天假I'm going to take a day off tomorrow. 我明天打算请一天假。
Holiday 节日/长假Where are you going for the summer holiday? 暑假你打算去哪儿?

You really ought to take some time off.你真该抽点时间歇歇了。

ought to 应该(语气较 strong,带点劝诫意味)

  • You ought to see a doctor about that cough. 你那咳嗽真该去看看医生了。
  • We ought to be heading home now. 咱们现在该往回走了。
  • You ought to apologize for what you said. 你该为你刚才说的话道歉。

take time off 抽空休息 / 请假

  • I'm taking some time off to move house. 我正抽空请假搬家呢。
  • She took time off work to care for her mother. 她请假去照顾她母亲了。
  • You need to take some time off and relax. 你得找时间歇歇,放松一下。

To smell the flowers.(去)享受下生活。

smell the flowers 享受生活(常指忙里偷闲)

  • Slow down and smell the flowers once in a while. 慢下来,时不时地享受一下生活。
  • Life is short, so remember to smell the flowers. 人生苦短,记得要活在当下。
  • He's so focused on money that he forgets to smell the flowers. 他一心只想赚钱,都忘了享受生活了。
Live in the moment 活在当下Try to live in the moment instead of worrying about the future. 试着活在当下,别总担心未来。
Take it easy 放轻松 / 别太拼Take it easy for a few days after the surgery. 手术后这几天得好好静养。

It seems to me I scheduled something else.我总觉得我好像还排了别的事儿。

It seems to me 在我看来 / 我觉得 / 我总觉得

  • It seems to me that we're lost. 我感觉咱们好像迷路了。
  • It seems to me you're not very happy with the result. 我看你好像对这结果不太满意。
  • It seems to me that he's the best person for the job. 在我看来,他是这份工作的最佳人选。

I'll probably remember it later.我回头可能就想起来了。

probably 大概 / 可能

  • I'll probably be a little late tonight. 我今晚可能会晚点儿到。
  • It'll probably rain this afternoon. 下午大概会下雨。
  • That's probably why she was so upset. 那大概就是她为什么这么难过的原因。
Most likely 极有可能He will most likely win the election. 他极有可能赢得选举。
Maybe 也许(语气更不确定)Maybe he forgot about the meeting. 也许他把开会的事儿给忘了。

OK, let's get started.好啦,咱们开始干活吧。

get started 开始 / 着手

  • Let's get started on the dinner. 咱们开始做饭吧。
  • We need to get started early if we want to beat the traffic. 如果我们想避开高峰,就得早点出发。
  • I can't wait to get started on my new job. 我等不及要开始我的新工作了。
Get down to business 言归正传 / 开始谈正事Now that everyone is here, let's get down to business. 既然人都到齐了,咱们就开始谈正事吧。
Set to work 开始工作They set to work cleaning up the mess. 他们开始动手清理这烂摊子。
日程冲突 更新于:2026-05-09 03:09:35

What time is it, anyway?话说,到底几点了?

anyway 到底 / 究竟 / 反正

  • What are you trying to say, anyway? 你究竟想表达什么?
  • It’s too expensive, and I don’t like the color anyway. 这太贵了,再说我反正也不喜欢这颜色。
  • I don't know why I invited him anyway. 反正我也不知道当时为啥请他。
After all 毕竟 / 终究Don't be too hard on him; he is just a child after all. 别对他太严厉了,他毕竟还是个孩子。
In any case 无论如何 / 总之I may be late, but in any case, I'll be there. 我可能会迟到,但无论如何我都会到的。

My watch stopped.我的表停了。

stop (机器、表等)停止运转 / 罢工

  • My car stopped in the middle of the road. 我的车在马路中间熄火了。
  • The old clock stopped at midnight. 那座老钟在半夜停了。
  • If the machine stops, press this red button. 如果机器停止运转,按这个红按钮。
Be dead (电子设备)没电了My phone is dead; do you have a charger? 我手机没电关机了,你有充电器吗?
Run out of battery 电池耗尽The remote has run out of battery. 遥控器没电池了。

Remind me to leave at twelve forty-five.十二点四十五分的时候记得提醒我出发。

remind someone to do 提醒某人做某事

  • Please remind me to buy some milk on the way home. 回家路上请提醒我买点牛奶。
  • Remind him to lock the door before he leaves. 提醒他出门前锁好门。
  • I need you to remind me to take my medicine tonight. 我需要你提醒我今晚吃药。
Remind someone of 让某人想起...This song reminds me of my childhood. 这首歌让我想起了我的童年。
Refresh one's memory 帮某人回忆起...Let me refresh your memory about the meeting. 让我帮你回忆一下关于会议的内容。

I have a feeling it's going to be too late when I do remember.我有种预感,等我想起来的时候肯定太迟了。

have a feeling 有预感 / 觉得 / 隐约感到

  • I have a feeling that something is wrong. 我有种不祥的预感,出事了。
  • I have a bad feeling about this project. 我对这个项目有种坏预感。
  • Do you have a feeling that someone is watching us? 你有没有觉得有人在盯着我们?
Gut feeling 直觉My gut feeling told me not to trust him. 我的直觉告诉我不要相信他。
In the air 感觉到某种气氛There is a feeling of excitement in the air. 空气中弥漫着兴奋的气息。

I just solved the mystery.我刚才终于把这谜团解开了。

solve the mystery 解开谜团 / 搞清楚状况

  • The police finally solved the mystery of the missing painting. 警方终于破解了名画失踪之谜。
  • I've solved the mystery of why the car won't start. 我终于搞清楚车为啥发动不了了。
  • It took weeks to solve the mystery of the strange noise. 花了几个星期才弄清那怪声是怎么回事。
Get to the bottom of 查个水落石出We need to get to the bottom of this problem. 我们需要彻底查清这个问题的根源。
Clear up 澄清 / 解决I hope this clears up the misunderstanding. 我希望这能消除误解。

I made a lunch date with him weeks ago.几周前我就约了他吃午饭。

make a date 约时间 / 定下日期

  • Let’s make a date to go to the cinema. 咱们定个日子去看电影吧。
  • We should make a date for our next meeting. 我们该定下下次会议的时间了。
  • I made a date with my old friends last night. 昨晚我跟老朋友约好了时间见面。
Set a date 定日子(较正式)Have they set a date for the wedding yet? 他们定好婚期了吗?
Book an appointment 预约(诊所、理发等)I need to book an appointment with the dentist. 我得去牙医那儿挂个号。

What are you going to do about your appointment?你那个预约,你打算怎么处理呀?

do about 如何处理 / 怎么应对(难题)

  • What are you going to do about the broken window? 那个破窗户你打算怎么办?
  • There is nothing I can do about it now. 这事儿我现在也没辙了。
  • We need to decide what to do about the noise. 我们需要决定怎么应对这个噪音。
Deal with 应对 / 处理He is good at dealing with difficult customers. 他很擅长应对难缠的客人。
Handle 处理(侧重掌控力)Don't worry, I can handle this situation. 别担心,我能搞定这场面。

Any suggestions?有什么建议不?

suggestions 建议 / 提议

  • Does anyone have any suggestions for lunch? 关于午饭,大家有什么建议吗?
  • I'm open to any suggestions you might have. 我愿意听取你的任何建议。
  • His suggestions were very helpful to the project. 他对项目的建议非常有帮助。
Advice 建议 / 忠告(不可数)Can you give me some advice? 你能给我点建议吗?
Tip 小贴士 / 窍门Here are some useful tips for learning English. 这儿有一些学习英语的小窍门。