Episode 10 Smell the Flowers ACT I

偷得浮生半日闲 第一幕

Watch the video then answer the question:

[ In Susan Stewart's office at Universe Toy Company in Manhattan. Susan is speaking with her assistant Sam. ]

Sam: Good morning, Susan.

早安,苏珊。

Susan: Good morning, Sam. [ She enters her office. ] What's the schedule today?

早安,萨姆。今天都有什么安排?

Sam: [ He looks at the appointment book. ] Ten o'clock, telephone FAO Schwarz about the new twin baby dolls.

十点钟,打电话给FAO Schwarz,洽谈新款双胞胎娃娃业务。

Susan: OK.

好的。

Sam: Telephone Mrs. Zaskey at the advertising agency.

给广告公司的扎斯基夫人打电话。

Susan: I did that. Go on.

我已经打过了。继续。

Sam: Eleven o'clock, approve the sketches for the toy spaceship.

十一点钟,审批玩具宇宙飞船的草图。

Susan: Where are they?

草图在哪儿?

Sam: Right here.

就在这儿。

Susan: Did you look at them?

你看过了吗?

Sam: Yes, I did.

看过了。

Susan: What do you think of the spaceship?

你觉得这个宇宙飞船怎么样?

Sam: I think the kids'll love it.

我觉得孩子们一定会喜欢。

Susan: Would you show me the drawings, please?

把草图给我看看,好吗?

[Sam gives a sketch of a toy spaceship to Susan.]

Susan: Huh. [ She examines the drawing. ]

嗯。

[ A little later... ]

Susan: Now, what else is on the schedule today?

那今天还有什么安排?

Sam: Well, at one o'clock you have a lunch appointment with Mr. Levine, the client from the Toytown Stores.

一点钟,你和Toytown Stores的客户莱文先生约了午餐。

Susan: Where?

在哪儿?

Sam: At Rossano's.

在罗萨诺餐厅。

Susan: Hmm. Anything else?

嗯。还有吗?

Sam: At four o'clock, you have a meeting with the production staff in the conference room.

四点钟,你要和生产部门的人在会议室开会。

Susan: Make sure everybody is at that meeting.

确保所有人都到场。

Sam: Will do. At six you're meeting Mr. Ozawa.

没问题。六点钟你要见小泽先生。

Susan: Oh, yes. Are his models here?

噢,对了。他的模型送来了吗?

Sam: They're in my office.

在我办公室里。

Susan: I'd like to see them.

我想看看。

Sam: Right.

好的。

Susan: What else?

还有什么?

[ Sam drops the appointment book and pencil on Susan's desk. ]

Susan: Come on, Sam ...

行了,萨姆…

Sam: You work too hard, Susan. When was your last day off?

你工作太拼了,苏珊。你上次休假是什么时候?

Susan: Hmm. I can't remember.

嗯,记不清了。

Sam: You really ought to take some time off.

你真的该休息几天了。

Susan: What for?

为什么?

Sam: To enjoy the simple things in life ...

去享受生活中平凡的美好…

Susan: I know, Sam.  Maybe soon.

我知道,萨姆。也许快了吧。

Sam: To smell the flowers.

放松放松,去感受一下生活的气息(直译:去闻闻花香)。

Susan: Oh, wait a minute. What's today's date?

噢,等一下。今天几号?

Sam: Today is the twelfth. Why?

今天十二号。怎么了?

Susan: It seems to me I scheduled something else.

我好像还安排了别的事。

Sam: There's nothing else in the appointment book.

日程本里没有别的安排了。

Susan: I'm sure I did. Oh, well, I'll probably remember it later.

我肯定还有安排。噢,也许等会儿我就想起来了。

Sam: I hope it isn't important.

希望不是什么重要的事。

Susan: Hmm. It's probably nothing. OK, let's get started. Would you call Priscilla Smith at FAO Schwarz, please?

嗯,可能也没什么。好了,开始工作吧。请给FAO Schwarz的普里西拉·史密斯打个电话,好吗?

Sam: Right.

好的。

[ Later that morning... ]

Sam: [ He holds two model cars. ] These are the models from the Japanese film maker.

这些是那位日本电影制作人送来的模型。

Susan: Thank you. Just put them on my desk.

谢谢。放我桌上就行。

Sam: And the new drawings for the toy spaceship.

还有玩具宇宙飞船的新草图。

Susan: Wonderful. That was fast.

太好了,动作真快。

Sam: We have a new artist. She's very talented.

我们来了位新设计师。她很有才华。

Susan: What time is it, anyway? My watch stopped.

现在几点了?我的表停了。

Sam: It's eleven thirty.

十一点半。

Susan: What time is my lunch date with Bill Levine?

我和比尔·莱文约的是几点吃午饭?

Sam: One o'clock.

一点钟。

Susan: Remind me to leave at twelve forty-five.

记得提醒我十二点四十五分出发。

Sam: Did you remember your other appointment for today?

你想起今天另外那个约会了吗?

Susan: No, but I have a feeling it's going to be too late when I do remember.

还没有,不过我有种感觉,等我想起来的时候恐怕已经晚了。

[ Sam leaves Susan's office. A little later, he returns. ]

Susan: Yes, Sam?

什么事,萨姆?

Sam: I just solved the mystery.

我刚刚破案了。

Susan: What did I forget?

我到底忘了什么?

Sam: You have some guests in the reception room.

有几位客人在接待室等你。

Susan: What? Who?

什么?谁啊?

Sam: Mr. Harry Bennett and his daughter.

哈里·贝内特先生和他的女儿。

Susan: I remember!

我想起来了!

Susan: Oh ... Harry! I made a lunch date with him and his daughter weeks ago.

噢…哈里!几个星期前我就和他还有他女儿约好一起吃午饭了。

Sam: Is he a client?

他是客户吗?

Susan: He's a friend.

他是我朋友。

Sam: Well, he's here with his daughter to have lunch.

嗯,他已经带着女儿来赴午餐约会了。

Susan: I met her at Thanksgiving, and I promised to have lunch with both of them today.

我是在感恩节认识她的,我答应今天请他们父女俩一起吃午饭。

Sam: Yes, indeed. What are you going to do about your appointment with Mr. Levine?

原来如此。那你和莱文先生的约会打算怎么处理?

Susan: Any suggestions? [ She smiles at Sam. ] Oh!

有什么好建议吗?噢!

单词列表

19
twin/ twɪn /adj. 双胞胎的
doll/ dɒl /n. 洋娃娃
agency */ ˈeɪdʒənsi /n. 代理商
approve */ əˈpruːv /v. 审批
sketch/ sketʃ /n. 草图
spaceship/ ˈspeɪsʃɪp /n. 宇宙飞船
drawing/ ˈdrɔːɪŋ /n. 素描画
client/ ˈklaɪənt /n. 客户
production */ prəˈdʌkʃ(ə)n /n. 生产
conference */ ˈkɒnfərəns /n. 会议
make sure/ meɪk ʃʊə(r) /v. 确保
meeting */ ˈmiːtɪŋ /n. 会议;会见
model */ ˈmɒd(ə)l /n. 模型
day off/ ˌdeɪ ˈɒf /n. 休假
maker */ ˈmeɪkə(r) /n. 制作人
artist */ ˈɑːtɪst /n. 美工
talented/ ˈtæləntɪd /n. 有才华的
solved/ sɒlvd /v. 解决了
suggestion/ səˈdʒestʃən /n. 建议