Episode 8 You're Going to Be Fine ACT II早日康复 第二幕

[ In the hospital the next day. Now there are four children, including Carl. Molly enters and tries to amuse them. ]

Molly: OK. Do you know how to play charades?

好。你们会玩猜谜表演吗?

[ Betty and Tim raise their hands. ]

Molly: Frank, you've never played charades?

弗兰克,你以前没玩过这种游戏吗?

Frank: Nope.

没有。

Molly: Carl, you're sure you've never played?

卡尔,你确定从来没玩过吗?

[ Carl shakes his head no. ]

Molly: OK, Betty, Tim, and Frank. We're going to play charades.  Frank, you can learn as we go.  And, Carl, you join in at any time.  OK, let me think. OK, I've got one. [ She writes a title on a piece of paper. She puts the paper on a table so that no one can see the title. ] 

好,贝蒂、蒂姆和弗兰克,我们来玩这个游戏。弗兰克,你边玩边学就行。卡尔,你随时都可以加入。好,我想想… 好了,我想到了一个。

Molly: All right. [ She makes the charades motion for 'movie' by pretending to hold an old-fashioned camera in her left hand and turning the handle with her right hand. ] 

好了。

Betty: A movie! A movie!

电影!电影!

Molly: [ She touches her nose with her index finger. this means 'correct' in charades. ] Right. A movie. OK. [ She counts to six on her fingers because there are six words in the title of the movie. Then she holds up six fingers. ]

对,是电影。好。

Tim: Six words. It has six words.

六个单词,一共有六个词。

Frank: That's easy. I can play.

这很简单,我也能玩了。

Molly: Good. OK. We've got a movie. The title ...

很好。现在知道是电影了,片名…

Betty: Six words.

六个单词。

Molly: Right.  First word ... [ She pulls her ear. This means 'sounds like' in charades. ]

对,第一个词…

Betty: Sounds like.

谐音是…

Tim: Sounds like...

读音像…

Molly: You got that part right. Yes. [ pulling her ear] Sounds like ... [ She shakes her head no. ] Sounds like what?

这一步你们猜对了。对,听起来像… 那像什么呢?

Frank: Sounds like no.

听起来像 no。

Molly: [ touching her nose ] Absolutely right, Frank. Sounds like no.  OK. We've got a movie. Six words. The first word sounds like no.

完全正确,弗兰克,听起来像 “no”。好,现在是电影,六个单词,第一个词听起来像 “no”。

Betty: Row. Row.

Row,Row。

Tim: Go.

Go。

Molly: Nope.

不对。

Tim: Show. That's it--show.

Show,就是它——show。

Molly: [ laughing ] No ... OK ... [ She acts out the word snow with her fingers. ]

不是… 好…

Betty: [ quickly] Snow.

Snow。

Molly: [ She touches her nose. ] Absolutely right, Betty. Sounds like no -- snow.  OK, a movie. Six words. The first word is snow.

完全正确,贝蒂。听起来像 no——snow。好,是一部电影,六个单词,第一个词是 snow。

Betty: This is fun.

真好玩。

[ Carl doesn't think so. ]

Molly: Oh, OK. [ She holds up five fingers. ]

好,那继续。

Molly: The fifth word.

第五个词。

Tim: Right, fifth word. [ She holds up seven fingers. ]

对,第五个词。

Tim: Seven?

Seven?

Molly: [ She touches her nose. ] Absolutely right. Very good. The fifth word is seven. The first word is snow. Fifth word, seven.

完全正确,很好。第五个词是 seven,第一个词是 snow。

Molly: OK, we've got a movie.

好,现在已经知道是部电影了。

Betty: I got it!  I got it!

我知道了!我知道了!

Frank: Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs.

《白雪公主和七个小矮人》

[ Molly shows the piece of paper with the title. ]

Betty: I got it.

我猜对了。

Frank: I got it.

我猜对了。

Molly: Frank, you got it. Betty, you had it, but you didn't say it.

弗兰克,你答对了。贝蒂,你其实也知道,只是没说出来。

Tim: I knew it.

我早就知道了。

Molly: Carl, now you know charades. Why don't you join us?

卡尔,现在你知道怎么玩了,来一起玩吧?

Carl: I don't like charades. It's for babies.

我不喜欢这个游戏,这是给小孩子玩的。

Molly: Oh, I like it.

我倒挺喜欢的。

Carl: Well, they're babies.

反正他们就是小孩子。

Betty: You're a sore loser.

你就是输不起的小鬼。

Tim: Yeah.

就是。

Molly: No arguing. Save your voices.  Between now and tomorrow you're all going to have your tonsils out. And you won't be able to speak for a while. So save your voices till then. [ She points to her throat. ]

别吵了,省着点嗓子。从现在到明天你们都要做手术,之后一段时间都不能说话,所以现在先别多说。

Philip: [ He enters. ] Hi, gang.  Hi, everybody. Well, what's going on?

嗨,小家伙们。大家好啊,都在忙什么呢?

Molly: I sure am glad to see you, Dr. Stewart. [ joking ] This is a rough group.

真高兴你来了,斯图尔特医生。这帮小家伙可真难搞。

Carl: I didn't want to play charades, so they're angry at me.

我不想玩这个游戏,所以他们都生我气。

Philip: Why don't you want to play?

你为什么不想玩?

Carl: Because I don't want to be here.  I don't want my tonsils out.

因为我不想待在这儿,也不想做手术。

Philip: Why not?

为什么呢?

Carl: Because my birthday is tomorrow. My mother promised me a birthday party with a clown.

因为明天是我生日,我妈妈答应给我请个小丑办生日派对。

Molly: But you can have one when you go home, Carl.

可你回家以后也可以再办一个啊,卡尔。

Carl: But my birthday is tomorrow.

可我生日就在明天。

Philip: I'm sorry, Carl.

抱歉,卡尔。

Molly: Carl, you'll have your party when you go home.

卡尔,等你回家就可以办派对了。

Carl: But it won't be on my birthday! [ to Molly ] And you promised me a surprise.

可那就不是在我生日那天了!而且你还答应过要给我一个惊喜。
11个相关单词

与课文关联的单词

including *

/ɪnˈkluːdɪŋ/prep. 包括

amuse *

/əˈmjuːz/v. (使)娱乐

charade

/ʃəˈrɑːd/n. 打哑谜

title *

/ˈtaɪt(ə)l/n. 谜题

fun *

/fʌn/adj. 有趣的

dwarf

/dwɔːf/n. 小矮人

sore

/sɔː(r)/adj. 发怒的(输不起的)

loser

/ˈluːzə(r)/n. 失败者

arguing

/ˈɑːɡjuːɪŋ/n. 争吵

gang

/ɡæŋ/n. 大伙儿们

rough

/rʌf/adj. 难缠的
笔记更新中
当您看到了此提示,说明本课笔记还在正在努力更新中...
猜字谜 更新于:2026-05-02 13:09:29

Do you know how to play charades?你知道怎么玩比划猜谜吗?

how to do something 如何做某事

  • I don't know how to fix this broken toy. 我不知道该怎么修这个坏了的玩具。
  • Can you show me how to use this app? 你能教我怎么用这个应用吗?
  • She's learning how to drive a car. 她正在学怎么开车。
Charades 比划猜谜Let's play charades after dinner. 咱们晚饭后玩比划猜谜吧。
Role-play 角色扮演In class, we role-play different social situations. 课上我们会角色扮演不同的社交场景。

Frank, you can learn as we go.弗兰克,你可以边玩边学。

as we go 在过程中 / 边做边...

  • We don't have a plan; we'll just figure it out as we go. 我们没计划,走一步看一步吧(边走边想办法)。
  • I'll explain the rules as we go through the game. 我会在玩游戏的过程中解释规则。
  • You'll get better as you go. 你在做的过程中会变得越来越好。

Carl, you join in at any time.卡尔,你随时可以加入。

join in 参加 / 加入(活动)

  • We're singing songs, why don't you join in? 我们在唱歌,你干嘛不一起唱?
  • Everyone is joining in the celebration. 每个人都加入了庆典。
  • Feel free to join in the conversation. 请随意加入对话。
Take part in 参加(较为正式)He will take part in the marathon next week. 他下周将参加马拉松比赛。
Participate in 参与Students are encouraged to participate in school activities. 我们鼓励学生参与学校活动。

I've got one.我想出一个了。/ 我有主意了。

I've got one 我有了一个(主意/谜底/东西)

  • "We need a name for the cat." "I've got one: Luna!" “咱们得给猫起个名。”“我想到了一个:露娜!”
  • "Does anyone have a pen?" "I've got one in my bag." “谁有笔吗?”“我包里有一个。”
  • Wait, I've got one more question. 等下,我还有一个问题。

First word ... [ She pulls her ear. ] Sounds like ...第一个词……听起来像……

sounds like 听起来像

  • That sounds like a great idea! 那听起来是个好主意!
  • Your name sounds like a movie star's name. 你的名字听起来像电影明星的名字。
  • It sounds like someone is knocking at the door. 听起来好像有人在敲门。

You got that part right.那部分你猜对了。

get something right 把某事做对 / 猜对

  • I finally got the answer right after three tries. 试了三次,我终于把答案做对了。
  • Make sure you get the address right. 确保你把地址写对。
  • You got it right; the movie is over 3 hours long. 你猜对了,这电影超过三小时。

Why don't you join us?你干嘛不加入我们呢?

Why don't you...? 你为什么不...?(用于提建议)

  • Why don't you take a break? You look tired. 你干嘛不歇会儿?你看上去累了。
  • Why don't you ask him for help? 你为什么不向他求助呢?
  • Why don't you try this cake? It's delicious. 你要不尝尝这蛋糕?味道好极了。
How about... ...怎么样?How about going to the cinema tonight? 今晚去电影院怎么样?
What if... 要是...怎么样?What if we leave a bit earlier? 咱们要是早点出发怎么样?

You're a sore loser.你真是个输不起的人。

sore loser 输不起的人 / 输了就发脾气的人

  • Don't be such a sore loser; it's just a game. 别这么输不起,这只是个游戏。
  • He's a sore loser who always blames others when he fails. 他是个输不起的人,失败了总是怪别人。
  • Nobody wants to play with a sore loser. 没人想跟输不起的人一起玩。
Bad sport 没风度的人(输不起)Stop complaining, don't be a bad sport. 别抱怨了,大方一点(别输不起)。
Good sport 输得起/有风度的人Thanks for being such a good sport about the prank. 谢谢你对这个恶作剧这么大度。

I knew it!我就知道!

I knew it! 我就知道!(表示事情果如所料)

  • I knew it! I knew you two would get married! 我就知道!我就知道你们俩会结婚!
  • "It started raining." "I knew it! I should have brought an umbrella." “下雨了。”“我就知道!我该带伞的。”
  • I knew it from the very beginning. 我从一开始就知道。
争论 更新于:2026-05-02 13:10:21

No arguing. Save your voices.别吵了,省点嗓子吧。

save one's voice 省点嗓子 / 留着点声音

  • You have a big speech tomorrow, so save your voice tonight. 你明天有个大演讲,今晚省点嗓子。
  • The doctor told the singer to save her voice for a week. 医生让那位歌手歇一个星期嗓子。
  • Stop shouting and save your voice for the game! 别喊了,把嗓子留到比赛的时候再使!
Save money 攒钱 / 省钱I'm trying to save money for a new laptop. 我正攒钱买新电脑呢。
Save time 省时间Taking the subway will save you a lot of time. 坐地铁能给你省不少时间。

Between now and tomorrow you're all going to have your tonsils out.从现在到明天这段时间里,你们都要切除扁桃体。

Between now and... 从现在到...(这段时间内)

  • Between now and next week, I need to finish three reports. 从现在到下周,我得完成三份报告。
  • A lot can happen between now and then. 从现在到那时候,可能会发生很多事。
  • I'll be very busy between now and Christmas. 从现在到圣诞节我会非常忙。

You won't be able to speak for a while.你暂时没法说话。

for a while 一会儿 / 暂时 / 一段时间

  • Please wait here for a while. 请在这儿等一会儿。
  • I haven't seen him for a while. 我有一阵子没见他了。
  • Let's sit down and rest for a while. 咱们坐下来歇会儿吧。

Well, what's going on?嘿,怎么了?/ 发生什么事了?

What's going on? 怎么回事?/ 发生什么了?/ 挺好的吧?

  • I heard a loud noise; what's going on outside? 我听到一声巨响,外面出啥事了?
  • "Hey, what's going on?" "Not much, just working." “嘿,最近怎么样?”“没啥,忙工作呢。”
  • There’s a lot of construction going on downtown. 市中心现在有很多施工项目正在进行。

I sure am glad to see you.我可见到您了(太好了)。

I'm glad to... 很高兴... / 幸好...

  • I'm glad to hear that you're feeling better. 听说你感觉好点了,我真高兴。
  • I'm glad to be of help. 我很乐意效劳。
  • I'm glad to see the sun after three days of rain. 下了三天雨,总算见到太阳了,真好。

This is a rough group.这伙人可真难对付。

rough 粗糙的 / 艰难的 / 难对付的

  • He had a rough childhood in a poor neighborhood. 他在贫民区度过了艰辛的童年。
  • The sea is very rough today; let's not go swimming. 今天海上风浪很大,咱们别去游泳了。
  • Sorry I'm late, I've had a rough morning. 抱歉我迟到了,我这一上午过得真不容易(各种糟心事)。
A rough day 倒霉的一天I've had a rough day at work. 我今天在公司过得挺心累的。
Roughly 大约 / 粗略地The trip takes roughly three hours. 旅程大约需要三个小时。

My mother promised me a birthday party with a clown.我妈妈答应给我办一个有小丑的生日派对。

promise someone something 答应/许诺某人某事

  • He promised me a reward if I finished early. 他答应如果我早点干完就给我奖励。
  • She promised her daughter a new doll for her birthday. 她答应过女儿生日时给她买个新娃娃。
  • Don't promise things you can't deliver. 做不到的事儿别乱许诺。

And you promised me a surprise.而且你答应过给我一个惊喜的。

surprise 惊喜 / 惊讶

  • The party was a complete surprise to me. 那个派对我完全没料到。
  • To my surprise, the plan actually worked. 令我惊讶的是,这计划居然真成了。
  • I have a little surprise for you in the car. 我在车里给你准备了个小惊喜。
Surprising 令人惊讶的It's surprising how quickly she learned the language. 她学语言的速度快得惊人。
Surprised 感到惊讶的I was surprised by her reaction. 我对她的反应感到很吃惊。