Episode 8 You're Going to Be Fine ACT II

早日康复 第二幕

Watch the video then answer the question:

[ In the hospital the next day. Now there are four children, including Carl. Molly enters and tries to amuse them. ]

Molly: OK. Do you know how to play charades?

好。你们会玩猜谜表演吗?

[ Betty and Tim raise their hands. ]

Molly: Frank, you've never played charades?

弗兰克,你以前没玩过这种游戏吗?

Frank: Nope.

没有。

Molly: Carl, you're sure you've never played?

卡尔,你确定从来没玩过吗?

[ Carl shakes his head no. ]

Molly: OK, Betty, Tim, and Frank. We're going to play charades.  Frank, you can learn as we go.  And, Carl, you join in at any time.  OK, let me think. OK, I've got one. [ She writes a title on a piece of paper. She puts the paper on a table so that no one can see the title. ] 

好,贝蒂、蒂姆和弗兰克,我们来玩这个游戏。弗兰克,你边玩边学就行。卡尔,你随时都可以加入。好,我想想… 好了,我想到了一个。

Molly: All right. [ She makes the charades motion for 'movie' by pretending to hold an old-fashioned camera in her left hand and turning the handle with her right hand. ] 

好了。

Betty: A movie! A movie!

电影!电影!

Molly: [ She touches her nose with her index finger. this means 'correct' in charades. ] Right. A movie. OK. [ She counts to six on her fingers because there are six words in the title of the movie. Then she holds up six fingers. ]

对,是电影。好。

Tim: Six words. It has six words.

六个单词,一共有六个词。

Frank: That's easy. I can play.

这很简单,我也能玩了。

Molly: Good. OK. We've got a movie. The title ...

很好。现在知道是电影了,片名…

Betty: Six words.

六个单词。

Molly: Right.  First word ... [ She pulls her ear. This means 'sounds like' in charades. ]

对,第一个词…

Betty: Sounds like.

谐音是…

Tim: Sounds like...

读音像…

Molly: You got that part right. Yes. [ pulling her ear] Sounds like ... [ She shakes her head no. ] Sounds like what?

这一步你们猜对了。对,听起来像… 那像什么呢?

Frank: Sounds like no.

听起来像 no。

Molly: [ touching her nose ] Absolutely right, Frank. Sounds like no.  OK. We've got a movie. Six words. The first word sounds like no.

完全正确,弗兰克,听起来像 “no”。好,现在是电影,六个单词,第一个词听起来像 “no”。

Betty: Row. Row.

Row,Row。

Tim: Go.

Go。

Molly: Nope.

不对。

Tim: Show. That's it--show.

Show,就是它——show。

Molly: [ laughing ] No ... OK ... [ She acts out the word snow with her fingers. ]

不是… 好…

Betty: [ quickly] Snow.

Snow。

Molly: [ She touches her nose. ] Absolutely right, Betty. Sounds like no -- snow.  OK, a movie. Six words. The first word is snow.

完全正确,贝蒂。听起来像 no——snow。好,是一部电影,六个单词,第一个词是 snow。

Betty: This is fun.

真好玩。

[ Carl doesn't think so. ]

Molly: Oh, OK. [ She holds up five fingers. ]

好,那继续。

Molly: The fifth word.

第五个词。

Tim: Right, fifth word. [ She holds up seven fingers. ]

对,第五个词。

Tim: Seven?

Seven?

Molly: [ She touches her nose. ] Absolutely right. Very good. The fifth word is seven. The first word is snow. Fifth word, seven.

完全正确,很好。第五个词是 seven,第一个词是 snow。

Molly: OK, we've got a movie.

好,现在已经知道是部电影了。

Betty: I got it!  I got it!

我知道了!我知道了!

Frank: Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs.

《白雪公主和七个小矮人》

[ Molly shows the piece of paper with the title. ]

Betty: I got it.

我猜对了。

Frank: I got it.

我猜对了。

Molly: Frank, you got it. Betty, you had it, but you didn't say it.

弗兰克,你答对了。贝蒂,你其实也知道,只是没说出来。

Tim: I knew it.

我早就知道了。

Molly: Carl, now you know charades. Why don't you join us?

卡尔,现在你知道怎么玩了,来一起玩吧?

Carl: I don't like charades. It's for babies.

我不喜欢这个游戏,这是给小孩子玩的。

Molly: Oh, I like it.

我倒挺喜欢的。

Carl: Well, they're babies.

反正他们就是小孩子。

Betty: You're a sore loser.

你就是输不起的小鬼。

Tim: Yeah.

就是。

Molly: No arguing. Save your voices.  Between now and tomorrow you're all going to have your tonsils out. And you won't be able to speak for a while. So save your voices till then. [ She points to her throat. ]

别吵了,省着点嗓子。从现在到明天你们都要做手术,之后一段时间都不能说话,所以现在先别多说。

Philip: [ He enters. ] Hi, gang.  Hi, everybody. Well, what's going on?

嗨,小家伙们。大家好啊,都在忙什么呢?

Molly: I sure am glad to see you, Dr. Stewart. [ joking ] This is a rough group.

真高兴你来了,斯图尔特医生。这帮小家伙可真难搞。

Carl: I didn't want to play charades, so they're angry at me.

我不想玩这个游戏,所以他们都生我气。

Philip: Why don't you want to play?

你为什么不想玩?

Carl: Because I don't want to be here.  I don't want my tonsils out.

因为我不想待在这儿,也不想做手术。

Philip: Why not?

为什么呢?

Carl: Because my birthday is tomorrow. My mother promised me a birthday party with a clown.

因为明天是我生日,我妈妈答应给我请个小丑办生日派对。

Molly: But you can have one when you go home, Carl.

可你回家以后也可以再办一个啊,卡尔。

Carl: But my birthday is tomorrow.

可我生日就在明天。

Philip: I'm sorry, Carl.

抱歉,卡尔。

Molly: Carl, you'll have your party when you go home.

卡尔,等你回家就可以办派对了。

Carl: But it won't be on my birthday! [ to Molly ] And you promised me a surprise.

可那就不是在我生日那天了!而且你还答应过要给我一个惊喜。

单词列表

11
including */ ɪnˈkluːdɪŋ /prep. 包括
amuse */ əˈmjuːz /v. (使)娱乐
charade/ ʃəˈrɑːd /n. 打哑谜
title */ ˈtaɪt(ə)l /n. 谜题
fun */ fʌn /adj. 有趣的
dwarf/ dwɔːf /n. 小矮人
sore/ sɔː(r) /adj. 发怒的(输不起的)
loser/ ˈluːzə(r) /n. 失败者
arguing/ ˈɑːɡjuːɪŋ /n. 争吵
gang/ ɡæŋ /n. 大伙儿们
rough/ rʌf /adj. 难缠的