Episode 8 You're Going to Be Fine ACT III早日康复 第三幕

[ Outside Lawrence Hospital. Then, inside the hospital on Friday afternoon. The four children have had their tonsils out. They are sad, and their throats hurt. Molly enters, and she talks to Betty first. ]

Molly: It hurts, doesn't it?

有点疼,是不是?

[ Betty nods her head yes. ]

Molly: You'll feel better tomorrow, Betty, believe me. Only one day, and it won't hurt as much. Do you feel like eating? Having some dinner? Oh, don't look so sad. Let me tell you about your dinner. It's ice cream.

明天你就会好些了,贝蒂,相信我。只要一天,就不会这么疼了。想吃点东西吗?吃点晚餐?别这么难过。我告诉你晚餐是什么——是冰淇淋。

[ Betty smiles. ]

Molly: Ice cream. All kinds of flavors. Chocolate?

冰淇淋,各种口味都有。要巧克力的吗?

[ Betty shakes her head no. ]

Molly: Strawberry?

草莓的呢?

[ Betty nods yes. ]

Molly: Vanilla?

香草的呢?

[ Betty nod yes again. ]

Molly: Vanilla, too?

香草的也要吗?

[ Betty smiles. ]

Molly: I see you're feeling better already, Betty. So you will have dinner?

看起来你已经好多了,贝蒂。那你要吃点晚餐吗?

[ Betty agrees she will. ]

Molly: OK, honey, we'll see to it that you have strawberry and vanilla ice cream. Just rest now. You need some rest to help you get better quickly. [ She walks over to Frank. ]  Hi, Frank. How you doing?

好,亲爱的,我们会给你准备草莓和香草冰淇淋。现在先好好休息,多休息才能快点好起来。嗨,弗兰克,你怎么样?

[ Frank is not doing very well. ]

Molly: Oh, come on now. You're a big boy.  It doesn't hurt that much, does it? [ She sees that he is in pain. ] Oh, I'm sorry it hurts so much, and you won't be able to have dinner. You're just going to have to have ice cream. Yes, ice cream. Lots of flavors. Want to hear them?

别这样嘛,你是大男孩了。也没那么疼吧?哎呀,对不起,确实挺疼的,你现在也吃不了晚饭了。只能吃点冰淇淋了。对,冰淇淋,有很多口味。要不要听听?

[ Frank nods his head yes. ]

Molly: Chocolate?

巧克力的?

[ Frank loves chocolate, and he smiles. ]

Molly: Then chocolate it is. One scoop or two?

那就巧克力的吧。要一个球还是两个球?

[ Frank holds up three fingers. ]

Molly: Three scoops?

三个球?

[ Frank nods. ]

Molly: Then three it will be.

好,那就三个球吧。

[ She walks over to Tim, and He holds up three fingers. ]

Molly: You want three scoops also?

你也要三个球吗?

[ He nods. ]

Molly: Chocolate, too?

也是巧克力味的吗?

[ He nods. ]

Molly: Well, I see you're feeling better.

嗯,看起来你好多了。

[ He shakes his head no. ]

Molly: Well, at least you're acting like you feel better. Three scoops of chocolate ice cream for Tim coming up.

至少看起来像是好了一点了。蒂姆的三个球的巧克力冰淇淋马上送到。

[ She now moves over to Carl. He also is not feeling well. ]

Molly: Hi, Carl. How you doing?

嗨,卡尔,感觉怎么样?

[ Carl points to his throat. ]

Molly: I know it hurts. But it'll be better tomorrow.  In the meantime, what would you like?

我知道很疼,不过明天就会好些了。那你现在想要点什么?

Carl: Surprise.

惊喜。

Molly: A surprise? I promised you a surprise, didn't I? And it wasn't just ice cream, was it?

惊喜?我答应过你一个惊喜,对吧?而且不只是冰淇淋,对不对?

[ Carl can't say another word. It is difficult for him to speak. ]

Molly: Your birthday is tomorrow, isn't it?

你明天过生日,对吧?

[ He nods. ]

Molly: Well, maybe, just maybe, there will be a surprise. But first you have to smile. I just want to see one smile from you.

那也许,真的也许,会有个惊喜。不过你得先笑一笑,我就想看你笑一下。

[ Carl doesn't smile. ]

Molly: No smile, no surprise. That's the deal. No smile, no surprise.  If you want a surprise, then you've got to smile first.

不笑就没有惊喜,这是说好了的。不笑就没有惊喜。想要惊喜的话,你得先笑一笑。

[ Carl finally smiles. ]


[ In the hospital the next day. It's Saturday, Carl's birthday. The children are feeling better. Carl is waiting for his surprise. Molly enters. ]

Molly: How you all doing? Well, I'm glad you're feeling better because we have a little surprise for you today.  It's Carl's birthday, and we have Popo the Clown to entertain you. And here he is--Popo the Clown.

大家感觉怎么样?我很高兴你们都好些了,因为今天有个小惊喜给你们。今天是卡尔的生日,我们请来了小丑波波给大家表演。这就是——小丑波波。

[ Molly waves her hand, and a clown comes into the room. The children watch the clown, and they become happy. A little later, Philip and Mrs. Herrera enter. They are wheeling a table with bowls of ice cream on it. ]

Philip: Happy birthday, Carl. All right, everybody.  OK, Carl.  It's your birthday. What's your wish? What would you like?

生日快乐,卡尔。好了,各位。来,卡尔,今天是你的生日。你有什么愿望?想要什么?

[ Carl pulls his ear. Then he points to his nose. ]

Philip: Hmm? [ He doesn't understand. ]

嗯?

Molly: [ She understands. ] You want to play charades?

你想玩猜谜表演吗?

[ They all laugh and clap their hands. ]

5个相关单词

与课文关联的单词

flavor *

/ˈfleɪvə(r)/n. 口味

strawberry

/ˈstrɔːbəri/n. 草莓

meantime *

/ˈmiːntaɪm/n. 与此同时

deal *

/diːl/n. 说好的

entertain

/ˌentəˈteɪn/v. 招待;使娱乐
笔记更新中
当您看到了此提示,说明本课笔记还在正在努力更新中...
问小朋友 更新于:2026-05-03 07:01:30

It hurts, doesn't it?挺疼的,对吧?

hurt (身体部位)疼痛 / 感到痛苦

  • My feet hurt after the long walk. 走完长路后,我的脚很疼。
  • It hurts to see him in such pain. 看到他这么痛苦,我也觉得很难受。
  • Where does it hurt? 你哪儿疼?
Ache 隐隐作痛 / 持续痛My back aches from sitting too long. 坐太久了,我腰酸背痛。
Be in pain 处于疼痛状态He was in a lot of pain after the accident. 事故发生后,他感到非常疼痛。

Do you feel like eating?你想吃点东西吗?

feel like doing 想要做某事

  • I feel like going for a walk tonight. 我今晚想去散散步。
  • Do you feel like having some pizza? 你想吃点比萨吗?
  • I don't feel like talking to anyone right now. 我现在不想跟任何人说话。
Would like to 想要(更委婉)Would you like to join us for dinner? 你想和我们一起吃晚饭吗?
Be in the mood for 有心情做...I'm not in the mood for a movie. 我没心情看电影。

I see you're feeling better already, Betty.贝蒂,我看你现在已经感觉好多了。

feel better (病情/心情)好转 / 感觉舒服些

  • I hope you feel better soon. 希望你早日康复。
  • Take some rest, you'll feel better in the morning. 休息一下,你明早会感觉好点的。
  • Music always helps me feel better when I'm sad. 难过的时候,音乐总能让我心情好转。

We'll see to it that you have strawberry and vanilla ice cream.我们会设法让你吃上草莓和香草味的冰淇淋。

see to it that 务必使... / 确保...

  • Please see to it that the door is locked. 请务必确保门锁好了。
  • I'll see to it that he gets the message. 我会设法让他收到消息的。
  • See to it that you finish the work on time. 一定要保证按时完成工作。
Make sure 确保Make sure you turn off the lights. 确保你关了灯。
Ensure 保证(正式)We must ensure that the plan works. 我们必须保证计划行得通。

How you doing?你最近怎么样?/ 你感觉如何?

How you doing? 口语问候(are 常省略)

  • Hey man, how you doing lately? 嘿,哥们,最近怎么样?
  • How you doing with your new project? 你的新项目进展得怎么样?
  • Hi kids, how you doing today? 嗨孩子们,今天过得好吗?

You're just going to have to have ice cream.你只能乖乖吃冰淇淋了。

have to 不得不 / 必须

  • I have to leave now to catch the bus. 为了赶班车,我得走了。
  • You don't have to tell me if you don't want to. 不想说的话,你没必要告诉我。
  • We had to cancel the party because of the rain. 因为下雨,我们不得不取消派对。

Then chocolate it is.那就吃巧克力味的吧。

Something it is 那就定下...(用于做决定)

  • "Coffee or tea?" "Coffee it is." “咖啡还是茶?”“那就咖啡吧。”
  • If you want to go to Paris, then Paris it is. 如果你想去巴黎,那就定巴黎吧。
  • "Nine o'clock?" "Fine, nine o'clock it is." “九点钟行吗?”“行,那就九点。”

At least you're acting like you feel better.起码你表现得像是感觉好多了。

at least 至少 / 起码

  • It's expensive, but at least it's good quality. 贵是贵点,但起码质量好。
  • At least we won't have to wait in line. 至少我们不用排队。
  • Clean your room, or at least make your bed. 打扫一下你的房间,或者至少把床铺好。
If nothing else 即便没有别的...(起码)If nothing else, it's a good experience. 起码这是一次不错的经历。

Three scoops of chocolate ice cream for Tim coming up.提姆的三球巧克力冰淇淋马上就来。

coming up (食物/服务)马上就来 / 即将发生

  • Two coffees coming up! 两杯咖啡马上好!
  • A great movie is coming up next. 接下来会播一部精彩的电影。
  • Your birthday is coming up soon, right? 你的生日快到了吧?

In the meantime, what would you like?在此期间,你想要点什么?

in the meantime 在此期间 / 与此同时

  • The doctor will see you soon. In the meantime, please take a seat. 医生很快会见你。这期间请先坐下。
  • I'll start cooking. In the meantime, you can set the table. 我开始做饭。与此同时,你把桌子摆好。
  • The film starts in ten minutes; let's get some popcorn in the meantime. 电影十分钟后开场,咱们先去买点爆米花吧。

That's the deal.就这么定了。/ 咱们说好了。

That's the deal 这就是约定 / 条件

  • If you finish your homework, you can play. That's the deal. 写完作业就能玩,咱说好了啊。
  • I'll drive, and you pay for the gas. That's the deal. 我开车,你付油钱。就这么定了。
  • You help me, I help you. That's the deal. 你帮我,我帮你。这就是条件。
It's a deal 成交 / 说定了"I'll give you five bucks." "It's a deal." “我给你五块。”“成交。”

If you want a surprise, then you've got to smile first.如果你想要惊喜,那你得先笑一个。

have got to 必须 / 准是(口语常用)

  • I've got to go now. 我得走了。
  • You've got to see this movie; it's amazing. 你一定要看这部电影,太棒了。
  • You've got to be kidding me! 你准是在跟我开玩笑!
给小朋友们的惊喜 更新于:2026-05-03 07:02:29

How you all doing?你们大家最近怎么样?

How you doing? 你还好吗?/ 进展如何?

  • Hey, how you doing with your new job? 嘿,新工作干得怎么样?
  • How you doing today, sweetie? 宝贝,今天过得开心吗?
  • You look a bit pale; how you doing? 你脸色有点苍白,感觉还行吗?
How's it going? 最近怎么样?How's it going with your English study? 你英语学得怎么样了?
What's up? 咋样?/ 忙啥呢?What's up, man? Haven't seen you for ages. 咋样啊哥们?好久没见了。

I'm glad you're feeling better.看到你们感觉好多了,我真高兴。

be glad (that) 很高兴... / 庆幸...

  • I'm glad that you could make it to the party. 我很高兴你能来参加派对。
  • He is glad to hear the good news. 听到这个好消息他很高兴。
  • I'm glad we had this talk. 我很庆幸咱们谈了这一番话。
Be pleased 感到欣慰/满意My boss is pleased with my performance. 老板对我的表现很满意。
Be relieved 松了一口气I'm relieved to know you are safe. 知道你安全我就放心了。

We have Popo the Clown to entertain you.我们请了小丑波波来给你们表演节目。

entertain 娱乐 / 招待 / 使开心

  • A museum should entertain as well as educate. 博物馆应该既有教育意义又有娱乐性。
  • He entertained the children with some magic tricks. 他变了几个魔术把孩子们逗得很开心。
  • We often entertain friends at home. 我们经常在家里招待朋友。
Amuse 逗乐The story amused everyone in the room. 这个故事把屋里的人都逗乐了。
Host 主持/招待They love to host dinner parties. 他们特别喜欢举办晚宴招待客人。

What's your wish?你的愿望是什么?

wish 愿望 / 祝愿

  • Make a wish before you blow out the candles. 吹熄蜡烛前许个愿吧。
  • It's my wish to travel around the world. 环游世界是我的心愿。
  • Best wishes for your new marriage! 祝你们新婚快乐!

What would you like?你想要点什么?

would like 想要(礼貌表达)

  • Would you like something to drink? 你想喝点什么吗?
  • I would like a room with a view, please. 麻烦给我开一间带景观的房间。
  • What would you like for your birthday? 你过生日想要什么礼物?
Want 想要(更直接)Do you want some help with those bags? 这些包需要我帮你提吗?
Care for 想要/喜欢(非常委婉)Would you care for another cup of tea? 您想再来杯茶吗?

You want to play charades?你想玩“比划猜谜”吗?

play charades 玩手势猜谜游戏

  • We often play charades during family gatherings. 家庭聚会时我们经常玩比划猜谜。
  • I'm not very good at playing charades. 我不怎么擅长玩这种猜谜游戏。
  • Let's play charades after the cake! 吃完蛋糕咱们来玩比划猜谜吧!