Episode 7 Man's Best Friend ACT II人类最好的朋友 第二幕

[A little later. Robbie and Alexandra are in the Kitchen. They are feeding the dog. ]

Robbie: Don't worry, Alexandra. We'll find the owner.

别担心,亚历山德拉。我们会找到狗的主人的。

Alexandra: How, Robbie?

怎么找呢,罗比?

Robbie: Let me think.

让我想想。

Alexandra: [ to the dog ] Gemma, sit. Good Gemma. Give me your paw. Good Gemma. This dog is well trained.

杰玛,坐下。好杰玛。伸出你的爪子来。乖杰玛。这条狗受过良好的训练。

Robbie: She likes you, too. 

她也喜欢你。

Alexandra: So how are we going to find the owners?

那么我们如何去找她的主人呢?

Robbie: With a little help from the ASPCA, the American Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals. They're the ones.

得靠 ASPCA (美国禁止虐待动物协会) 帮忙。只能找他们了。

Robbie: We once found a cat. She was caught in the branches of our tree. And Dad called the ASPCA. They came and solved the problem.

我们有一次捡到了一只猫,她卡在了我们家树的上下不来了。爸爸给 ASPCA 打了电话,他们来把问题解决了。

Alexandra: Robbie, let's call them.

罗比,那我们给他们打电话吧。

[ Robbie looks up the number in the telephone book. ]

Robbie: Let me see -- ASPCA... Here it is. ASPCA Animal Shelter. 555-7700. [ He calls. ]

让我瞧瞧——ASPCA …在这儿。ASPCA 动物收容所。555-7700。

Linda(Worker): Hello, ASPCA. 

这里是 ASPCA,你好。

Robbie (on phone): Hello, my name is Robbie Stewart. I have a lost dog. I'd like to bring her to you. How late are you open?

我叫罗比 • 斯图尔特,我这儿有一条走失的狗,想给你们送来。你们最晚什么时候下班?

Linda(Worker): We're open till nine P.M.

到晚上九点。

Robbie: Thank you. I'll bring the dog over by nine. 

谢谢。我在九点前把狗送来。

Linda(Worker): Thanks. Bye.

谢谢。再见。

Robbie: Thanks. Good-bye. [ He hangs up the phone. ]

谢谢。再见。

Alexandra: They're still open?

他们现在还开着?

Robbie: They're open until nine o'clock. We have two and a half hours. Let's take Gemma by there now. They'll find the owner.

他们开到九点。咱们还有两个半小时。现在就把杰玛送过去吧,他们会找到狗狗的主人的。

Alexandra: I hope so. I'm so sad to see this little dog without her family.

希望如此。看到这只小狗回不了家,我真难受。

Robbie:  I'm sure they'll find the owner. But if they don't, I'll adopt her. She's so cute. Look at those eyes. She's hard to resist. Don't you just love her?

我敢肯定他们会找到狗的主人的。如果他们找不到,我就领养她。她真好玩儿。你看她的那双眼睛,真招人喜欢。难道你不喜欢她吗?

Alexandra: I'd like to keep her, too. But I'll be going home to Greece at the end of the semester. She just wants love and affection.

我也想留下她。可是我这学期结束我就要回希腊了。她真需要人疼爱她,关怀她。

Alexandra: Come on, Robbie. Let's get her to the animal shelter, so they can find her owners quickly. [ to the dog ] Don't worry, Gemma. We'll get you home. It's not easy being away from home. 

走吧,罗比。咱们把她送到动物收容所,好让他们快点找到她的主人。别担心,杰玛。我们会送你回家的。想家(在外漂泊)的感觉可不好受。

Robbie: Come on, poochie. Atta girl! Let's go. We're off to the animal shelter.

来吧,小狗狗。好姑娘!咱们走吧,到动物收容所去。

[ At the ASPCA Animal Shelter. Robbie and Alexandra are in the office of the shelter's director, Linda Aborn. ]

Linda(Worker): [ She writes on a form. ] Your name?

你的名字?

Robbie: Robbie Stewart. And this is Alexandra Pappas.

罗比 • 斯图尔特。她叫亚历山德拉 • 派巴斯

Linda(Worker): Your name will do, Mr. Stewart. Your address?

写你的名字就行了,斯图尔特先生。你地址呢?

Robbie: 46 Linden Street, Riverdale.

里弗代尔,林登大街 46 号。

Linda(Worker): Where did you find the dog?

你在什么地方捡到这条狗的?

Robbie: She found us.

是她找着我们的。

Linda(Worker): You tried calling the number on the collar? 

你有没有尝试过给项圈上的号码打电话?

Robbie: Yes, but the number's no longer in service.

打过了,可是这号码已经不能用了。

Linda(Worker): And there's no address on the dog tag?

狗的号码牌上没有地址吗?

Alexandra:  There's no other information. 

没有其它信息了。

Linda(Worker): No ID number. Without that, it's hard.

没有登记号码,如果没有的话,就很难找了。

Alexandra: You will try to find the dog's owner?

你们会尽力去寻找狗的主人吧?

Linda(Worker): Oh, we'll try, believe me.

相信我,我们会尽力去找的。

Robbie: And if you don't? 

要是你们找不到呢?

Linda(Worker): Yes?

然后呢?

Robbie: If you don't? ... can I ... can I adopt the dog?

要是你们找不到呢?…我可以 …我可以领养这条狗吗?

Linda(Worker): Why, yes. If the owners don't claim the dog in forty-eight hours, then you can apply for adoption.

噢,可以的。如果主人在 48 小时内不来认领,那么你就可以申请领养了。

Robbie: How do I do that?

我该办什么手续呢?

Alexandra: You really want to?

你真的想要领养她?

Robbie: Yes, I'm serious. If no one comes to claim Gemma, I'd like to adopt her.

是的,我是认真的。如果没有人来认领杰玛,我愿意领养她。

Linda(Worker): It's not difficult.

这不难。
21个相关单词

与课文关联的单词

trained

/treɪnd/adj. 训练过的

society *

/səˈsaɪəti/n. 社团

prevention

/prɪˈvenʃn/n. 预防

cruelty

/ˈkruːəlti/n. 虐待

animal *

/ˈænɪm(ə)l/n. 动物

branch

/brɑːntʃ/n. 树丫

solve *

/sɒlv/v. 解决

shelter

/ˈʃeltə(r)/v. (人、动物的)收容所

adopt *

/əˈdɒpt/v. 领养

resist *

/rɪˈzɪst/v. 抵抗

keep *

/kiːp/v. 饲养

semester

/sɪˈmestə(r)/n. 学期

affection

/əˈfekʃn/n. 关爱

poochie

/ˈpuːtʃi/n. 对狗的昵称

attagirl

/ˈætəɡɜːl/interj. [西]真好,真棒

collar

/ˈkɒlə(r)/n. 颈圈

tag

/tæɡ/n. 标签

hard *

/hɑːd/adj. 困难的

claim *

/kleɪm/v. 认领

apply *

/əˈplaɪ/v. 申请

feeding

/ˈfiːdɪŋ/n. 喂养
笔记更新中
当您看到了此提示,说明本课笔记还在正在努力更新中...
救助宠物 更新于:2026-05-01 02:13:45

Let me think. 让我想想。

Let me... 让我...(提出建议或请求)

  • Let me check my schedule first. 让我先查查我的日程。
  • Let me give you a hand with those bags. 让我帮你提这些袋子吧。
  • Let me see what I can do for you. 让我看看能为你做点什么。
Allow me (正式)请允许我Allow me to introduce my colleague. 请允许我介绍一下我的同事。
Give me a sec (口语)给我点时间Give me a sec to process this. 给我点时间消化一下这件事。

Give me your paw. 伸爪子。 / 握个手。

paw (动物的)爪子 / 伸手

  • The cat is licking its paw. 猫正在舔它的爪子。
  • Keep your paws off my cake! (幽默/粗鲁)别把你的脏手伸向我的蛋糕!
  • The puppy paws at the door when it wants to go out. 小狗想出去时会用爪子挠门。

This dog is well trained. 这狗训练得真好。

well trained 训练有素的 / 教养好的

  • A well-trained dog is a joy to have. 拥有一只训练有素的狗是一件乐事。
  • The staff here are all well trained. 这儿的员工都受过良好的培训。
  • She is a well-trained opera singer. 她是一位受过专业训练的歌剧演員。
Well-behaved 乖巧的/守规矩的The children were very well-behaved at the party. 孩子们在派对上表现得很乖。
Highly skilled 技术高超的We need highly skilled developers for this project. 这个项目我们需要技术高超的開發者。

So how are we going to find the owners? 那咱们打算怎么找到主人呢?

be going to 打算 / 准备 / 即将(侧重计划或迹象)

  • Are you going to apply for that job? 你打算申请那份工作吗?
  • It is going to rain, look at those clouds. 要下雨了,看那些乌云。
  • I'm not going to tell him the truth yet. 我还不打算告诉他真相。
Plan to 计划做...We plan to expand our business next year. 我们计划明年扩大业务。
Intend to 打算/意图I intend to finish this project by Friday. 我打算在周五前完成这个项目。

They're the ones. 找他们准没错。 / 他们就是干这个的。

the ones (特指)那些人/物

  • These shoes are the ones I saw in the window. 这双鞋就是我在橱窗里看到的那双。
  • You're the ones who made all this possible. 是你们让这一切成为了可能。
  • I think these keys are the ones you lost. 我觉得这些钥匙就是你丢的那几把。

She was caught in the branches of our tree. 她被卡在咱家树杈子上了。

be caught in 被困住 / 被卡住 / 遭遇

  • We got caught in a sudden downpour. 我们突然遇上了一场大雨。
  • His coat was caught in the car door. 他的外套被车门夹住了。
  • I was caught in a difficult situation. 我陷入了一个两难的境地。
Be stuck in 陷在.../被困在...I'm stuck in traffic right now. 我现在正堵在路上呢。
Be trapped 被困住(更具威胁感)The hikers were trapped by the snow. 登山者被大雪困住了。

They came and solved the problem. 他们过来把问题解决了。

solve the problem 解决问题

  • We need a creative way to solve the problem. 我们需要一个有创意的方法来解决这个问题。
  • Did you manage to solve the problem with the server? 你把服务器的问题搞定了吗?
  • Talking it over helped us solve the problem. 通过商量,我们解决了这个问题。
Fix the issue 处理/修复问题I'll fix the issue as soon as possible. 我会尽快修复这个问题的。
Deal with 处理/应对How are you going to deal with this complaint? 你打算怎么处理这通投诉?

Robbie, let's call them. 罗比,咱们给他们打电话吧。

Let's... 咱们...吧(包含说话人在内的提议)

  • Let's grab a coffee after work. 咱们下班后去喝杯咖啡吧。
  • Let's not talk about that right now. 咱们现在先别聊那个了。
  • Let's see what happens next. 咱们看看接下来会发生什么。
联系NGO机构 更新于:2026-05-01 02:16:49

How late are you open? 你们营业到几点?

How late are you open? 询问营业时间

  • How late are you open on weekends? 你们周末营业到几点?
  • I need to know how late they are open before I drive there. 我开车去之前得先搞清楚他们开到几点。
  • Excuse me, how late is the gym open? 请问健身房开到多晚?
What are your hours? 你们的营业时间是?What are your hours during the holidays? 节假日期间你们的营业时间是怎么安排的?
When do you close? 你们什么时候关门?When do you close tonight? 你们今晚几点打烊?

I'll bring the dog over by nine. 九点前我会把狗送过去。

bring ... over 带某人/某物过来

  • Why don't you bring your new girlfriend over for dinner? 要不你带你新女朋友过来吃个饭?
  • I'll bring the documents over to your office this afternoon. 我下午把文件送到你办公室去。
  • Can you bring over some extra chairs? 你能顺便带几把椅子过来吗?
By 在...之前(截止时间)I need the report by Friday. 周五前我得拿到那份报告。
Until 直到...为止(持续状态)I'll wait here until you arrive. 我会在这儿一直等到你来。

Let's take Gemma by there now. 咱们现在就把 Gemma 送过去吧。

take (someone) by 带某人顺便去某地

  • I'll take you by the new library on our way home. 咱们回家路上我顺便带你去看看新图书馆。
  • Let's take the car by the car wash. 咱们把车开去洗车场洗一下。
  • Can we take the kids by the park? 咱们能不能带孩子顺便去趟公园?

I'm sure they 'll find the owner. 我肯定他们能找到主人的。

I'm sure (that)... 我确定/肯定...

  • I'm sure you'll do a great job. 我肯定你能干得非常棒。
  • I'm sure that I left my keys on the table. 我敢肯定我把钥匙落在桌子上了。
  • Are you sure about this? 你对这事儿有把握吗?

She's hard to resist. 她让人没法抗拒。/ 谁见了她都稀罕。

hard to resist 难以抗拒

  • That chocolate cake is hard to resist. 那巧克力蛋糕简直让人欲罢不能。
  • He has a charm that's hard to resist. 他身上有一种让人难以抗拒的魅力。
  • It's hard to resist buying things when they are on sale. 打折的时候真是很难忍住不剁手。

Don't you just love her? 难道你不觉得她超可爱吗?

Don't you just...? 难道你不觉得...吗?(反问表强调)

  • Don't you just love this weather? 你不觉得这天气简直绝了吗?
  • Don't you just hate it when that happens? 碰到这种事难道你不觉得特别烦吗?
  • Don't you just love the smell of fresh coffee? 难道你不喜欢新鲜咖啡的味道吗?

I'll be going home at the end of the semester. 这学期结束我就要回希腊了。

at the end of 在...的末尾

  • I'll get paid at the end of the month. 我月底发工资。
  • There is a quiz at the end of each chapter. 每章末尾都有一个小测验。
  • We'll meet at the end of the hallway. 咱们在走廊尽头碰头。
In the end 最后/最终In the end, everything worked out fine. 最终,一切都进展顺利。
By the end of 到...结束时为止He will finish the project by the end of the week. 他本周末前会完成这个项目。

Atta girl! Let's go. 真棒!咱们走。

Atta girl / Attaboy (口语)好样的 / 真棒

  • Atta girl! You caught the ball! 好姑娘!你接住球了!
  • Attaboy, keep up the good work. 好样的,继续努力。
  • That's it, atta girl, take one more step. 这就对了,好样的,再走一步。

We're off to the animal shelter. 我们要出发去动物收容所了。

be off to 出发去某地

  • I'm off to work now. See you later! 我上班去了,回头见!
  • They're off to Paris for their honeymoon. 他们出发去巴黎度蜜月了。
  • Where are you off to in such a hurry? 你急匆匆地要去哪儿呀?
Head for 向...出发/前进We are heading for the mountains. 我们正朝山区出发。
Leave for 动身去...He leaves for London tomorrow. 他明天动身去伦敦。
救助流程 更新于:2026-05-01 02:17:48

Your name will do, Mr. Stewart. 报个名字就行,斯图尔特先生。

will do 行 / 够了 / 可以

  • That old coat will do for gardening. 那件旧外套干园艺活儿穿就行。
  • "Is five dollars enough?" "That will do nicely." “五块钱够吗?”“足够了。”
  • Any day next week will do for our meeting. 下周哪天开会都行。
Be enough 足够One loaf of bread is enough for us. 一袋面包够咱俩吃了。
Work 管用 / 可以Friday works for me. 周五对我来说可以。

Oh, we'll try, believe me. 噢,我们会尽力的,相信我。

believe me 相信我 / 真的(用于强调)

  • It's a lot of work, believe me. 这活儿可不少,真的。
  • Believe me, I've tried everything. 相信我,我什么办法都试过了。
  • He's not the right person for you, believe me. 相信我,他不是你的良配。
Trust me 相信我 / 信任我Trust me, I know what I'm doing. 相信我,我知道自己在干什么。
Take my word for it 听我的 / 相信我的话It's the best pizza in town, take my word for it. 听我的,这是镇上最棒的披萨。

If the owners don't claim the dog in forty-eight hours... 如果主人在48小时内没来认领这只狗……

claim 认领 / 索取

  • You can claim your luggage at the carousel. 你可以在行李转盘处认领行李。
  • Did anyone claim the lost keys? 有人来认领丢的钥匙吗?
  • He failed to claim the prize before the deadline. 他没能在截止日期前领奖。
Pick up 取走 / 接人I need to pick up my laundry. 我得去取洗好的衣服。
Retrieve 找回 / 取回(正式)Police managed to retrieve the stolen car. 警察设法找回了被盗车辆。

...then you can apply for adoption. ……那你就可以申请领养了。

apply for 申请

  • I'm going to apply for a new job next month. 我打算下个月申请一份新工作。
  • You should apply for a scholarship. 你应该申请奖学金。
  • How many people applied for the position? 有多少人应聘这个职位?
Sign up for 报名参加I signed up for a gym membership. 我办了张健身房会员卡。
Put in for 正式提出申请(常用于公司内部)He put in for a transfer to the London office. 他提交了调往伦敦办公室的申请。

How do I do that? 我该怎么办理呢?

How do I...? 我该如何……?(询问操作步骤)

  • How do I open this file? 这个文件怎么打开?
  • How do I get to the nearest subway station? 去最近的地铁站怎么走?
  • How do I set up my new iPhone? 新手机怎么设置?

Yes, I'm serious. 是的,我是认真的。

be serious 认真的 / 不是开玩笑的

  • Are you serious about quitting your job? 你是当真要辞职吗?
  • I'm dead serious, I saw a UFO! 我没开玩笑,我真看见UFO了!
  • You can't be serious! 你不是在逗我吧! / 怎么可能!
Mean it 是认真的 / 说到做到I'm sorry, I really mean it. 对不起,我是真心的。
No joke 没开玩笑 / 确实很严重The exam was no joke. 这次考试可不是闹着玩的(真难)。

It's not difficult. 这倒不难。

difficult 困难的 / 费劲的

  • The math homework is very difficult. 数学作业特别难。
  • It's difficult to explain why I'm late. 挺难解释我为什么迟到的。
  • She is a difficult person to work with. 她是个很难相处的工作伙伴。
Hard 难 / 费力(更口语)It's hard to say who will win. 很难说谁会赢。
Tough 艰苦的 / 棘手的It's been a tough year for the company. 今年对公司来说挺不容易的。