Episode 7 Man's Best Friend ACT I人类最好的朋友 第一幕

Robbie: This new Walkman is absolutely wonderful. Richard and Marilyn bought it for me for my birthday. They're so thoughtful.

这个新的随身听真棒。这是Richard和Marilyn送给我的生日礼物。他们考虑真周到。

Alexandra: You are very lucky, Robbie, to have such a nice family.

你真幸运, Robbie, 拥有一个这样温馨的家。

Robbie: Is something wrong, Alexandra?

怎么了, Alexandra?

Alexandra: No, nothing.

没有, 没什么。

Robbie: Yes, there is. I can tell. What's the matter? Come on, you can tell me. What's up?

有, 你有心事。我能觉察到。到底发生了什么事? 说吧, 告诉我。有什么事?

Alexandra: I don't know. Something's wrong. OK, let's talk. I received a letter from my parents this morning.

我也说不上来。有点不对劲。好吧, 我们就来谈谈。今天早上我收到父母的信。

Robbie: Did they write some bad news?

他们写了什么坏消息?

Alexandra: No.

没有。

Robbie: Well, then why are you so sad?

那, 你为什么如此悲伤?

Alexandra: I miss them. I miss them very much.

我想念他们。我非常想他们。

Robbie: I'm sorry, Alexandra. But I understand.

我为你感到难过, Alexandra。但是我也能理解。

Alexandra: The Molinas treat me so nicely, and I love being with your family so much ... but when I received the letter with photographs of my family, I cried. I cried because I miss them all.

Molina一家人对我很好, 我也很喜欢和你们一家在一起…… 但是当我收到那封信连同家人照片时, 我哭了。我哭因为我想念他们。

Robbie: You really miss your family, don't you?

你非常惦念你的家人, 是吗?

Alexandra: Yes. I know I must seem silly. It's not like I have nobody. I like the Molinas very much, and they're so kind to me.

是的。我知道我看起来很可笑。我身边并非没有亲人。我很喜欢Molina一家,他们对我真好。

Robbie: Hey, why don't we go out for a cheeseburger and French fries? That'll cheer you up. And you can use my Walkman.

嘿, 我们何不出去吃一顿奶酪汉堡和炸薯条? 这样会让你舒畅些。你可以用我的随身听。

Alexandra: That's a good idea. But if we go out, please don't complain about your math teacher or your math homework. I want to have fun.

好主意。但是我们出去, 你可别老抱怨你的数学老师或你的数学作业。我想要快快乐乐的。

Robbie: So do I. I have to turn off the lights, or else my father will get really angry. He says I never turn them out when I leave. If they come home and they're on ...

我也想。我得关掉灯, 要不然我爸爸会生气。他说我离开时从不关灯。要是他们回来看见灯开着……

Robbie: Do you hear something?

听到什么了吗?

Alexandra: Yes. What was that?

是的。是什么呢?

Robbie: It sounded like a dog barking. It sounded like a dog barking right here. Yeah. A dog! A springer spaniel! Come on in!

听起来像狗叫。好像有狗就在这儿叫。对。狗! 一条长毛垂耳狗(史宾格犬)! 进来!

Alexandra: Make yourself at home. Oh, you poor little thing. Come on. Poor baby. Where did you come from?

不要客气。可怜的小东西。过来。可怜的小宝贝。你从哪儿来?

Robbie: Her name's Gemma, and she belongs to Mr. and Mrs. Levinson. There's a phone number: 555-8448.

她的名字叫Gemma, 是Levinson夫妇家的狗。这里有个电话号码:555-8448。

Alexandra: Robbie, maybe you should call them and tell the Levinsons we have their cute little spaniel. I've always wanted a springer spaniel. She's so cute.

Robbie, 也许你该给他们打个电话告诉Levinson夫妇他们可爱的小猎犬在我们这儿。我一直想要一条史宾格犬。它真可爱。

Recording Voice: The number you are calling -- 555-8448 -- is no longer in service.

(电话录音)你打的电话号码555-8448是空号。

Robbie: The number's no longer in service.

这个号码已经停止使用了。

Alexandra: Oh, you poor, poor baby. You've lost your family.

呵, 可怜的小宝贝。你找不到你的家人了。

Robbie: We'll find them. Don't worry, Alexandra.

我们会找到他们的。别担心, Alexandra。
笔记更新中
当您看到了此提示,说明本课笔记还在正在努力更新中...