Episode 6 Thanksgiving ACT III感恩节 第一幕

[ Later that afternoon. The Stewart family and Harry and Michelle are sitting around the table. They are ready to have their Thanksgiving Day dinner.]

Philip: OK, everybody. I want to welcome Harry and his daughter Michelle to Thanksgiving with us.

好了,各位。我想欢迎哈里和他女儿米歇尔来和我们一起过感恩节。

Harry: Thank you, Dr. Stewart.

谢谢你,斯图尔特医生。

Philip: Call me Philip.

叫我菲利普吧。

Harry: OK.

好的。

Philip: But first, I think we should take a moment and remember the meaning of Thanksgiving.

不过首先,我觉得我们应该花点时间重温一下感恩节的初衷。

Harry: Philip, I took Michelle to a school play about the first Thanksgiving.

菲利普,我带米歇尔去看过一出关于第一次感恩节的校园剧。

Philip: Well, why don't you tell us about that, Michelle?

那你给我们讲讲吧,米歇尔?

Michelle: Thanksgiving was about the Pilgrims, the first settlers in America. They shared the first harvest with the Indians and gave thanks.

感恩节是关于清教徒的,他们是美国最早的定居者。他们与印第安人分享了首次丰收,并献上感恩。

Philip: All right. Then in that spirit let each of us give thanks. Each in his own way. Who wants to begin?

好,那我们就按这个精神,每个人都来表达一下感谢吧,各自用自己的方式。谁先来?

Grandpa: I will. I give thanks for being here with my family and for being well, so I can enjoy you all.

我先来。我感谢能和家人在一起,也感谢自己身体健康,这样我才能好好享受和你们在一起的时光。

Robbie: All right! We love you, Grandpa.

太好了!我们爱你,爷爷。

Susan: I'd like to give thanks for a healthy year, a good job, and for meeting Harry and Michelle.

我感谢这一年身体健康、工作顺利,还有认识了哈里和米歇尔。

Harry: We'd like to give thanks for meeting Susan and the Stewart family.

我们要感谢能认识苏珊和斯图尔特一家。

Michelle: I love you, Daddy.

我爱你,爸爸。

Susan: [ speaking softly to Harry ] Thanks, Harry. That was very kind of you.

谢谢你,哈里,你真体贴。

Robbie: I'd like to give thanks for Grandpa coming to live with us. And I'd also like to thank my math teacher for giving me a passing grade.

我感谢爷爷来和我们一起住。我还要感谢我的数学老师给了我个及格分。

Robbie: [ with hope ] And call me, Alexandra.

还有,亚历山德拉,记得给我打电话。

Ellen: Oh, Robbie!

哎呀,罗比!

Grandpa: She'll call.

她会打的。

Richard: You go first, Marilyn.

你先说吧,玛丽琳。

Marilyn: I'm thinking. You go first.

我还在想,你先来吧。

Richard: Well, you all know I'm working on my photo album. It's not finished yet.

你们都知道我在做我的摄影集,还没完成。

Richard: [ He looks at Marilyn. ] And I'd like to thank Marilyn for being so patient.

我还要感谢玛丽琳一直这么有耐心。

Marilyn: Thanks, Richard. I should thank you for encouraging me to keep working on my fashion designs.  I'm lucky to have a husband with an artistic eye.

谢谢你,理查德。我也该感谢你一直鼓励我继续做服装设计。有一个有艺术眼光的丈夫,我很幸运。

Ellen: Oh, we have a lot to be thankful for. For the food on this table. Just like the Pilgrims.

我们有很多值得感谢的,比如这桌上的食物,就像当年的清教徒一样。

Philip: I'll go along with that, Ellen.

我也正有此意,埃伦。

Ellen: Well, help me serve, Robbie.

来,罗比,帮我上菜。

[ They begin to serve the dinner. ]

Harry: It was a wonderful meal, Mrs. Stewart. Thank you.

这顿饭太棒了,斯图尔特太太,谢谢你。

Richard: And now to see the end of the football game.

现在去看看足球赛的最后几分钟。

Philip: Exactly. [ He gets up. ]

那还用说。

Ellen: Where are you going, Philip?

你去哪儿,菲利普?

Philip: Remember, the Michigan football game? And Michigan needs a touchdown.

记得吗,密歇根队的比赛?他们还差一个达阵。

Ellen: Did you forget something?

你是不是忘了点什么?

Robbie: Dad, your famous apple pie.

爸爸,你那著名的苹果派。

Philip: Just let me see the score, Ellen.

让我先去看看比分吧,埃伦。

Marilyn: Go ahead, Philip. We should all take a little break before dessert.

去吧,菲利普。吃甜点前大家也该稍微休息一下。

[ Philip and Richard go into the living room. The other members of the family take the dishes from the table. Then the doorbell rings.]

Ellen: Oh, who could that be? Oh, it must be Alexandra.  I invited her to come by for dessert.

这会是谁呢?肯定是亚历山德拉。我请她过来吃甜点。

Robbie: You did? [ Ellen and Robbie go to the front door. ]

真的?

Grandpa: I like Ellen.

我喜欢埃伦。

[ Alexandra enters. ]

Robbie: You know everyone, Alexandra.

这些人你都认识吧,亚历山德拉。

Ellen: No, she doesn't know Harry Bennett and his daughter Michelle.

不,她还不认识哈里·贝内特和他女儿米歇尔。

Alexandra: Nice to meet you.

很高兴见到你们。

Harry & Michelle: Hi. 

你好。

Marilyn & Susan: Hello, Alexandra.

你好,亚历山德拉。

Alexandra: Hi, Marilyn. Hi, Susan. Happy Thanksgiving.

嗨,玛丽琳,嗨,苏珊。感恩节快乐。

Ellen: And Alexandra brought us a pumpkin pie.

亚历山德拉还给我们带来了一个南瓜派。

Robbie: Please sit down, Alexandra. [ calling ] Dad, Richard--Alexandra's here.

请坐,亚历山德拉。爸爸,理查德——亚历山德拉来了。

[ Richard and Philip come into the kitchen. ]

Richard (shouting from living room): Michigan needs a touchdown. Three minutes to play. Hi, Alexandra. Welcome.

密歇根队还差一个达阵!还有三分钟。嗨,亚历山德拉,欢迎。

Philip: Hello, Alexandra. Yes, Michigan needs a touchdown.  One tiny little touchdown, with just three minutes to play.

你好,亚历山德拉。是啊,他们就差一个小小的达阵,只剩三分钟了。

Alexandra: You want Michigan to win.

你是希望密歇根队赢吧。

Grandpa: How'd you guess?

你怎么猜到的?

Ellen: And Alexandra brought us a pumpkin pie.

亚历山德拉还带了南瓜派。

[ Philip walks to the oven. He turns around with a strange look on his face. ]

Ellen: What happened?

怎么了?

Philip: We forgot to turn the oven on.

咱们忘了开烤箱。

Ellen: We did? Philip, why don't you go watch the last three minutes of the game. I will serve coffee and pumpkin pie.

真的?菲利普,你去看完那最后三分钟吧,我来上咖啡和南瓜派。

Philip: [ He leaves. ] OK. I'll be back in a few minutes.

好,我一会儿就回来。

Ellen: Robbie, would you bring the dessert plates. And, Marilyn, would you pour coffee, please.

罗比,把甜点盘拿来。玛丽琳,麻烦你倒一下咖啡。

Marilyn: Sure, Ellen.

好的,埃伦。

Grandpa: How was your Thanksgiving dinner, Alexandra?

你的感恩节晚餐怎么样,亚历山德拉?

Alexandra: Just wonderful, Mr. Stewart. The Molinas are a large family. I love being with them.

非常好,斯图尔特先生。莫利纳一家人很多,我很喜欢和他们在一起。

Robbie: I'm glad you came by, Alexandra.

你能来我很高兴,亚历山德拉。

Alexandra: I am, too.

我也是。

Philip (shouting): [ He shouts from the living room. ] Touchdown! Touchdown! Touchdown!

达阵了!达阵了!达阵了!

Grandpa: Great Thanksgiving. Lots to be thankful for. Michigan scored a touchdown. Alexandra came by. And nobody misses Philip's famous apple pie.

真是个美好的感恩节,有很多值得感恩的事。密歇根队达阵了,亚历山德拉也来了,而且压根儿没人想念菲利普那招牌苹果派。

Ellen: Oh, Grandpa!

哎呀,爷爷!
14个相关单词

与课文关联的单词

pilgrims

/ˈpɪlgrɪmz/n. 初代移民

Indian

/ˈɪndiən/n. 印第安人

spirit *

/ˈspɪrɪt/n. 心意

each *

/iːtʃ/pron. 各自

healthy

/ˈhelθi/adj. 健康的

kind

/kaɪnd/adj. 亲切友好的

grade

/ɡreɪd/n. 分数

encouraging

/ɪnˈkʌrɪdʒɪŋ/n. 鼓励

artistic

/ɑːˈtɪstɪk/adj. 艺术的

exactly

/ɪɡˈzæktli/adv. 正合我意

touchdown

/ˈtʌtʃdaʊn/n. (橄榄球)触地得分

score *

/skɔː(r)/n. 比分

break *

/breɪk/n. 休息

pour *

/pɔː(r)/v. 斟,倒(饮料等)
笔记更新中
当您看到了此提示,说明本课笔记还在正在努力更新中...
感恩节 更新于:2026-05-01 09:25:42

I want to welcome Harry and his daughter Michelle to Thanksgiving with us.我想欢迎哈里和他的女儿米歇尔和我们一起过感恩节。

welcome someone to ... 欢迎某人到某地/参加某活动

  • We'd like to welcome you to our new home. 欢迎来到我们的新家。
  • Please welcome our guest speaker to the stage. 请欢迎我们的演讲嘉宾上台。
  • Welcome to the team! 欢迎加入团队!
Make yourself at home 别客气,当成自己家一样Please come in and make yourself at home. 请进,别拘束,当成在自己家一样。
Feel welcome 感到受(热烈)欢迎They really made me feel welcome at the party. 他们在派对上让我感到宾至如归。

I think we should take a moment.我觉得咱们该花点时间(静思一下)。

take a moment 花一点时间 / 停顿一下

  • Let's take a moment to review the plan. 咱们花点时间回顾一下计划。
  • He took a moment to compose himself before speaking. 他在说话前停顿了一下以平复情绪。
  • Can you take a moment to answer a few questions? 你能抽空回答几个问题吗?

Why don't you tell us about that, Michelle?米歇尔,你给大家讲讲那件事(学校的演出)怎么样?

Why don't you...? (委婉建议)你为什么不...呢?/ 要不你...吧?

  • Why don't you take a break? 你要不休息一会儿?
  • Why don't you ask your teacher for help? 你干嘛不找老师帮帮忙呢?
  • Why don't you stay for dinner? 要不留下来吃晚饭吧?
How about...? ...怎么样?How about trying this one instead? 要不试试这个?
You might want to... 你或许可以...You might want to check the weather first. 你或许想先看看天气。

They shared the first harvest with the Indians and gave thanks.他们和印第安人分享了第一次丰收,并表达了感恩。

share ... with ... 与某人分享某物

  • I'm happy to share my notes with you. 我很乐意把笔记分享给你。
  • Don't forget to share the toys with your brother. 别忘了跟弟弟分享玩具。
  • She shared her secret with her best friend. 她和最好的朋友分享了她的秘密。

Let each of us give thanks.让我们每一个人都表达一下谢意吧。

each of us 我们中的每一个人

  • Each of us has a different role to play. 我们每个人都有不同的角色。
  • The teacher gave each of us a small gift. 老师给我们每个人都发了一份小礼物。
  • Each of us is responsible for the outcome. 我们每个人都对结果负责。

I give thanks for being here with my family.我感谢能和家人聚在这里。

give thanks for 为...表达感谢

  • We give thanks for the food we are about to eat. 我们为即将享用的食物表达感谢。
  • I give thanks for your support during the hard times. 我感谢你在困难时期对我的支持。
  • They gave thanks for their safe return. 他们为能平安归来表达了感激。

I'd like to give thanks for a healthy year.我想为了这一年的身体健康表达感谢。

I'd like to ... (礼貌表达)我想... / 我愿意...

  • I'd like to order a coffee, please. 我想点杯咖啡,谢谢。
  • I'd like to thank everyone for coming today. 我想感谢今天到场的每一个人。
  • I'd like to ask a question. 我想问个问题。

That was very kind of you.你真是太好了。/ 你太体贴了。

kind of you 你真好 / 你的心意(指对方的行为体贴)

  • It was kind of you to help me with the luggage. 你帮我提行李真是太好了。
  • How kind of you to remember my birthday! 你还记得我的生日,真是有心了!
  • That's very kind of you to say so. 你能这么说真是太客气了。

And call me, Alexandra.还有,给我打电话吧,亚历山德拉。

Call me 给我打电话

  • Call me when you get home safely. 到家平安了给我打个电话。
  • Don't hesitate to call me if you need anything. 需要什么尽管给我打电话。
  • I'll call you first thing tomorrow morning. 我明天一早准给你打电话。

I'm thinking. You go first.我正想呢,你先说。

You go first 你先请 / 你先来

  • "Who should start?" "You go first." “谁先开始?”“你先请。”
  • I'm not ready yet, you go first. 我还没准备好,你先走吧。
  • You go first, and I'll follow you. 你先开路,我跟在你后面。
After you 您先请(更礼貌/谦让)"The elevator is here." "After you." “电梯到了。”“您先请。”
Go ahead 继续 / 请便Go ahead and tell me the news. 直说吧,告诉我那个消息。

I'd like to thank Marilyn for being so patient.我想感谢玛丽莲,她一直都这么有耐心。

thank someone for ... 为某事感谢某人

  • I thank you for your patience. 感谢您的耐心。
  • We thanked the host for the wonderful dinner. 我们感谢主人准备的精美晚餐。
  • Thank you for telling me the truth. 谢谢你告诉我真相。

I'm lucky to have a husband with an artistic eye.我很幸运,有个这么有艺术眼光的老公。

artistic eye 艺术眼光

  • She has an artistic eye for interior design. 她在室内设计方面很有艺术眼光。
  • You need an artistic eye to be a great photographer. 要成为伟大的摄影师,你需要敏锐的艺术眼光。
  • His artistic eye helped him find beauty in everyday objects. 他的艺术眼光让他能在日常事物中发现美。

We have a lot to be thankful for.我们有很多值得感激的事儿。

thankful for 对...感激

  • I am thankful for my health. 我为自己的健康感到庆幸和感激。
  • We should be thankful for what we have. 我们应该对自己拥有的一切心存感激。
  • She was thankful for the opportunity to learn. 她很感激能有这个学习的机会。

I'll go along with that, Ellen.我同意你说的,艾伦。

go along with 赞同 / 采纳(某人的意见、说法)

  • I'll go along with your suggestion. 我赞同你的建议。
  • Most of the members went along with the new policy. 大多数成员都赞成这项新政策。
  • I can't go along with everything he says. 他说的每一句话我可没法全盘接受。
Agree with 同意I completely agree with you. 我完全同意你的看法。
Second that (口语)我也这么想 / 我赞成"We should order pizza." "I second that!" “咱们点披萨吧。”“我赞成!”
餐后感谢 更新于:2026-05-01 09:26:53

It was a wonderful meal, Mrs. Stewart.史都华太太,这顿饭真是太棒了。

wonderful meal 极好的一餐

  • Thank you for the wonderful meal; everything was delicious. 谢谢你准备的这顿大餐,每样菜都特别好吃。
  • We had a wonderful meal at that new French restaurant. 我们在那家新开的法国餐厅吃得很尽兴。
  • It was a wonderful meal and even better company. 这顿饭吃得好,伙伴们更有趣。

And now to see the end of the football game.现在该去看看球赛的结尾了。

the end of ...的末尾/尽头

  • I missed the end of the movie because I fell asleep. 我因为睡着了错过了电影的结尾。
  • We need to finish this by the end of the week. 我们得在周末前把这事儿办完。
  • At the end of the day, it's your decision. 不管怎么说,最后还是得你拿主意。

Michigan needs a touchdown.密歇根队需要一个达阵得分。

touchdown (美式橄榄球)达阵得分

  • The team scored a touchdown in the final minute. 球队在最后一分钟完成了一个达阵。
  • That touchdown won them the championship. 那个达阵让他们赢得了冠军。
  • He ran fifty yards for a touchdown. 他带球跑了50码完成达阵。

Did you forget something?你是不是忘了什么事儿?

forget something 忘了某事/某物

  • I always forget something when I go on vacation. 我每次休假出门总会落点儿什么东西。
  • Did I forget something important at the office? 我是不是把什么重要的东西落在办公室了?
  • Wait, I think you forgot something—your umbrella! 等等,我想你忘了个东西——你的雨伞!
Leave behind 遗留 / 忘带I left my keys behind on the table. 我把钥匙忘在桌子上了。
Slip one's mind (某事)被某人遗忘了I'm sorry, your birthday completely slipped my mind. 抱歉,我完全把你生日这茬给忘了。

Just let me see the score, Ellen.就让我看一眼比分吧,艾伦。

let me see 让我看看 / 让我想想

  • Let me see that picture you took. 让我看看你拍的那张照片。
  • Let me see... I think I have a meeting at ten. 让我想想……我想我十点有个会。
  • Let me see if I can help you with that. 让我看看能不能在这件事上帮你一把。

Go ahead, Philip.去看吧,菲利普。

Go ahead (表示允许)去做吧 / 请便 / 走在前面

  • "Can I use your phone?" "Sure, go ahead." “我能用下你手机吗?”“当然,用吧。”
  • Go ahead and start eating; don't wait for me. 你们先吃吧,不用等我。
  • You go ahead, and I'll catch up later. 你先走,我待会儿赶上来。

We should all take a little break before dessert.咱们在吃甜点前都该稍微歇会儿。

take a break 休息一下

  • You've been working too hard; you should take a break. 你工作太拼了,该歇口气了。
  • Let's take a ten-minute break. 咱们休息十分钟。
  • I need to take a break from social media. 我需要远离社交媒体放松一下。
Take five (口语)休息五分钟Okay everyone, take five. 好了各位,休息五分钟。
Rest 休息(侧重体力恢复)The doctor told him to rest for a few days. 医生让他休息几天。

Who could that be?(这时候)会是谁呢?

Who could that be? (猜测)那会是谁?

  • The doorbell is ringing at midnight. Who could that be? 半夜三更有人按门铃,会是谁呢?
  • Someone is calling from an unknown number. Who could that be? 有个陌生号码来电,会是谁呀?
  • I see a shadow outside. Who could that be? 我看到外面有个影子,会是谁?

It must be Alexandra.准是亚历山德拉。

It must be ... 准是... / 一定是...(肯定的推测)

  • There's a knock at the door. It must be the pizza delivery. 有人敲门,准是送披萨的。
  • He's not answering. He must be busy. 他不接电话,肯定是在忙。
  • You've been traveling all day. You must be exhausted. 你赶了一天的路,一定累坏了。

I invited her to come by for dessert.我请了她过来吃甜点。

invite someone to ... 邀请某人去某地/做某事

  • They invited us to their wedding. 他们邀请我们去参加他们的婚礼。
  • I'd like to invite you to dinner sometime. 我想找个时间请你吃顿饭。
  • He invited her to dance. 他邀请她跳舞。
Come over (过家来)串门Why don't you come over for coffee? 要不过来喝杯咖啡?
Ask someone over 邀请某人来家里We should ask the neighbors over for a drink. 咱们该请邻居过来喝一杯。
聚会时刻 更新于:2026-05-01 09:30:41

Alexandra brought us a pumpkin pie.亚历山德拉给我们带了个南瓜派。

bring someone something 给某人带某物

  • I brought you a little souvenir from my trip. 我给你带了份旅游的小纪念品。
  • Could you bring me some water? 能给我带杯水吗?
  • She brought us some great news this morning. 她今天早上给我们带了个好消息。
Pick up 顺便买/带I'll pick up some coffee on my way. 我顺路带几杯咖啡。
Fetch 去拿来The dog loves to fetch the ball. 这狗喜欢把球叼回来。

Please sit down, Alexandra.亚历山德拉,快请坐。

sit down 坐下

  • Please sit down and make yourself at home. 请坐,别客气。
  • He sat down to read the newspaper. 他坐下来看报纸。
  • Why don't we sit down and talk about it? 咱们要不坐下来谈谈这件事?
Take a seat 请坐(更礼貌)Please take a seat while you wait. 等候时请先坐下。
Have a seat 坐吧Have a seat, the doctor will see you shortly. 请坐,医生马上就来。

Michigan needs a touchdown.密歇根队需要一个达阵得分。

touchdown 达阵

  • The crowd went wild after the touchdown. 达阵得分后观众们都疯了。
  • They scored a touchdown in the last ten seconds. 他们在最后十秒完成了一个达阵。
  • He made a spectacular touchdown catch. 他完成了一个惊人的达阵接球。

How'd you guess?你怎么猜到的?

How'd you guess? 你怎么猜到的?/ 这还用问吗?

  • "You're tired, aren't you?" "How'd you guess?" “你累了吧?”“你怎么猜到的?”
  • "I bet you want to go home." "How'd you guess?" “我敢说你想回家了。”“这还用猜吗?”
  • How'd you guess that I was lying? 你是怎么识破我在撒谎的?

We forgot to turn the oven on.我们忘了开烤箱了。

turn ... on 打开(电源/开关)

  • Can you turn the radio on? 能把收音机打开吗?
  • I forgot to turn the lights on. 我忘了开灯了。
  • Please turn on the air conditioner; it's hot. 请开一下空调,太热了。
Switch on 开启Switch on the computer and let's start. 打开电脑,咱们开始。
Turn off 关闭Don't forget to turn off the oven. 别忘了关烤箱。

Why don't you go watch the last three minutes of the game.你干嘛不去把最后三分钟比赛看完呢?

Why don't you...? 你为什么不...?/ 要不你就...吧?

  • Why don't you take a nap if you're tired? 你要是累了干嘛不睡一觉呢?
  • Why don't you join us for dinner? 要不你就和我们一起吃晚饭吧?
  • Why don't you try calling her again? 你干嘛不试着再给她打个电话呢?

I'll be back in a few minutes.我几分钟后就回来。

be back 回来

  • Wait here, I'll be back in a second. 在这儿等着,我马上回来。
  • When will you be back from your trip? 你出差什么时候回来?
  • I'll be back before you know it. 我一眨眼功夫就回来。

would you bring the dessert plates.能请你把甜点碟子拿过来吗?

would you ... 你能/请你...好吗?

  • Would you close the door, please? 请你把门关上好吗?
  • Would you pass me the salt? 能请你把盐递给我吗?
  • Would you mind helping me with this box? 能麻烦你帮我搬一下这个箱子吗?

I love being with them.我喜欢和他们待在一起。

love being with ... 喜欢和...在一起

  • I love being with my family on weekends. 我喜欢周末和家人待在一起。
  • She loves being with children. 她很喜欢和小朋友们待在一起。
  • Don't you love being with your friends? 难道你不喜欢和朋友们在一起吗?

I'm glad you came by.我很高兴你顺便过来了。

come by 顺便拜访

  • Can you come by my office tomorrow? 你明天能顺便来我办公室一趟吗?
  • I'm so glad you could come by tonight. 我真高兴你今晚能顺道过来。
  • He came by to drop off some files. 他顺路过来送了些文件。
Drop by 顺便走访Feel free to drop by anytime. 随时欢迎过来串门。
Stop by 顺路停留I'll stop by the grocery store on my way home. 我回家路上会顺便去趟杂货店。

Lots to be thankful for.有很多值得感激的事。

thankful for 为...感到感激

  • We have so much to be thankful for. 我们有太多值得感激的事了。
  • I am thankful for your help. 我很感激你的帮助。
  • She was thankful for the opportunity. 她很感激能有这个机会。

nobody misses Philip's famous apple pie.没人惦记菲利普那出名的苹果派了。

miss 错过 / 想念 / 漏掉

  • I really miss my hometown. 我真的很想念我的家乡。
  • Hurry up, or we'll miss the bus! 快点,不然我们要错过车了!
  • You didn't miss much at the meeting. 开会时你没漏掉什么重要的东西。