Episode 6 Thanksgiving ACT III

感恩节 第一幕

Watch the video then answer the question:

[ Later that afternoon. The Stewart family and Harry and Michelle are sitting around the table. They are ready to have their Thanksgiving Day dinner.]

Philip: OK, everybody. I want to welcome Harry and his daughter Michelle to Thanksgiving with us.

好了,各位。我想欢迎哈里和他女儿米歇尔来和我们一起过感恩节。

Harry: Thank you, Dr. Stewart.

谢谢你,斯图尔特医生。

Philip: Call me Philip.

叫我菲利普吧。

Harry: OK.

好的。

Philip: But first, I think we should take a moment and remember the meaning of Thanksgiving.

不过首先,我觉得我们应该花点时间重温一下感恩节的初衷。

Harry: Philip, I took Michelle to a school play about the first Thanksgiving.

菲利普,我带米歇尔去看过一出关于第一次感恩节的校园剧。

Philip: Well, why don't you tell us about that, Michelle?

那你给我们讲讲吧,米歇尔?

Michelle: Thanksgiving was about the Pilgrims, the first settlers in America. They shared the first harvest with the Indians and gave thanks.

感恩节是关于清教徒的,他们是美国最早的定居者。他们与印第安人分享了首次丰收,并献上感恩。

Philip: All right. Then in that spirit let each of us give thanks. Each in his own way. Who wants to begin?

好,那我们就按这个精神,每个人都来表达一下感谢吧,各自用自己的方式。谁先来?

Grandpa: I will. I give thanks for being here with my family and for being well, so I can enjoy you all.

我先来。我感谢能和家人在一起,也感谢自己身体健康,这样我才能好好享受和你们在一起的时光。

Robbie: All right! We love you, Grandpa.

太好了!我们爱你,爷爷。

Susan: I'd like to give thanks for a healthy year, a good job, and for meeting Harry and Michelle.

我感谢这一年身体健康、工作顺利,还有认识了哈里和米歇尔。

Harry: We'd like to give thanks for meeting Susan and the Stewart family.

我们要感谢能认识苏珊和斯图尔特一家。

Michelle: I love you, Daddy.

我爱你,爸爸。

Susan: [ speaking softly to Harry ] Thanks, Harry. That was very kind of you.

谢谢你,哈里,你真体贴。

Robbie: I'd like to give thanks for Grandpa coming to live with us. And I'd also like to thank my math teacher for giving me a passing grade.

我感谢爷爷来和我们一起住。我还要感谢我的数学老师给了我个及格分。

Robbie: [ with hope ] And call me, Alexandra.

还有,亚历山德拉,记得给我打电话。

Ellen: Oh, Robbie!

哎呀,罗比!

Grandpa: She'll call.

她会打的。

Richard: You go first, Marilyn.

你先说吧,玛丽琳。

Marilyn: I'm thinking. You go first.

我还在想,你先来吧。

Richard: Well, you all know I'm working on my photo album. It's not finished yet.

你们都知道我在做我的摄影集,还没完成。

Richard: [ He looks at Marilyn. ] And I'd like to thank Marilyn for being so patient.

我还要感谢玛丽琳一直这么有耐心。

Marilyn: Thanks, Richard. I should thank you for encouraging me to keep working on my fashion designs.  I'm lucky to have a husband with an artistic eye.

谢谢你,理查德。我也该感谢你一直鼓励我继续做服装设计。有一个有艺术眼光的丈夫,我很幸运。

Ellen: Oh, we have a lot to be thankful for. For the food on this table. Just like the Pilgrims.

我们有很多值得感谢的,比如这桌上的食物,就像当年的清教徒一样。

Philip: I'll go along with that, Ellen.

我也正有此意,埃伦。

Ellen: Well, help me serve, Robbie.

来,罗比,帮我上菜。

[ They begin to serve the dinner. ]

Harry: It was a wonderful meal, Mrs. Stewart. Thank you.

这顿饭太棒了,斯图尔特太太,谢谢你。

Richard: And now to see the end of the football game.

现在去看看足球赛的最后几分钟。

Philip: Exactly. [ He gets up. ]

那还用说。

Ellen: Where are you going, Philip?

你去哪儿,菲利普?

Philip: Remember, the Michigan football game? And Michigan needs a touchdown.

记得吗,密歇根队的比赛?他们还差一个达阵。

Ellen: Did you forget something?

你是不是忘了点什么?

Robbie: Dad, your famous apple pie.

爸爸,你那著名的苹果派。

Philip: Just let me see the score, Ellen.

让我先去看看比分吧,埃伦。

Marilyn: Go ahead, Philip. We should all take a little break before dessert.

去吧,菲利普。吃甜点前大家也该稍微休息一下。

[ Philip and Richard go into the living room. The other members of the family take the dishes from the table. Then the doorbell rings.]

Ellen: Oh, who could that be? Oh, it must be Alexandra.  I invited her to come by for dessert.

这会是谁呢?肯定是亚历山德拉。我请她过来吃甜点。

Robbie: You did? [ Ellen and Robbie go to the front door. ]

真的?

Grandpa: I like Ellen.

我喜欢埃伦。

[ Alexandra enters. ]

Robbie: You know everyone, Alexandra.

这些人你都认识吧,亚历山德拉。

Ellen: No, she doesn't know Harry Bennett and his daughter Michelle.

不,她还不认识哈里·贝内特和他女儿米歇尔。

Alexandra: Nice to meet you.

很高兴见到你们。

Harry & Michelle: Hi. 

你好。

Marilyn & Susan: Hello, Alexandra.

你好,亚历山德拉。

Alexandra: Hi, Marilyn. Hi, Susan. Happy Thanksgiving.

嗨,玛丽琳,嗨,苏珊。感恩节快乐。

Ellen: And Alexandra brought us a pumpkin pie.

亚历山德拉还给我们带来了一个南瓜派。

Robbie: Please sit down, Alexandra. [ calling ] Dad, Richard--Alexandra's here.

请坐,亚历山德拉。爸爸,理查德——亚历山德拉来了。

[ Richard and Philip come into the kitchen. ]

Richard (shouting from living room): Michigan needs a touchdown. Three minutes to play. Hi, Alexandra. Welcome.

密歇根队还差一个达阵!还有三分钟。嗨,亚历山德拉,欢迎。

Philip: Hello, Alexandra. Yes, Michigan needs a touchdown.  One tiny little touchdown, with just three minutes to play.

你好,亚历山德拉。是啊,他们就差一个小小的达阵,只剩三分钟了。

Alexandra: You want Michigan to win.

你是希望密歇根队赢吧。

Grandpa: How'd you guess?

你怎么猜到的?

Ellen: And Alexandra brought us a pumpkin pie.

亚历山德拉还带了南瓜派。

[ Philip walks to the oven. He turns around with a strange look on his face. ]

Ellen: What happened?

怎么了?

Philip: We forgot to turn the oven on.

咱们忘了开烤箱。

Ellen: We did? Philip, why don't you go watch the last three minutes of the game. I will serve coffee and pumpkin pie.

真的?菲利普,你去看完那最后三分钟吧,我来上咖啡和南瓜派。

Philip: [ He leaves. ] OK. I'll be back in a few minutes.

好,我一会儿就回来。

Ellen: Robbie, would you bring the dessert plates. And, Marilyn, would you pour coffee, please.

罗比,把甜点盘拿来。玛丽琳,麻烦你倒一下咖啡。

Marilyn: Sure, Ellen.

好的,埃伦。

Grandpa: How was your Thanksgiving dinner, Alexandra?

你的感恩节晚餐怎么样,亚历山德拉?

Alexandra: Just wonderful, Mr. Stewart. The Molinas are a large family. I love being with them.

非常好,斯图尔特先生。莫利纳一家人很多,我很喜欢和他们在一起。

Robbie: I'm glad you came by, Alexandra.

你能来我很高兴,亚历山德拉。

Alexandra: I am, too.

我也是。

Philip (shouting): [ He shouts from the living room. ] Touchdown! Touchdown! Touchdown!

达阵了!达阵了!达阵了!

Grandpa: Great Thanksgiving. Lots to be thankful for. Michigan scored a touchdown. Alexandra came by. And nobody misses Philip's famous apple pie.

真是个美好的感恩节,有很多值得感恩的事。密歇根队达阵了,亚历山德拉也来了,而且压根儿没人想念菲利普那招牌苹果派。

Ellen: Oh, Grandpa!

哎呀,爷爷!

单词列表

14
pilgrims/ ˈpɪlgrɪmz /n. 初代移民
Indian/ ˈɪndiən /n. 印第安人
spirit */ ˈspɪrɪt /n. 心意
each */ iːtʃ /pron. 各自
healthy/ ˈhelθi /adj. 健康的
kind/ kaɪnd /adj. 亲切友好的
grade/ ɡreɪd /n. 分数
encouraging/ ɪnˈkʌrɪdʒɪŋ /n. 鼓励
artistic/ ɑːˈtɪstɪk /adj. 艺术的
exactly/ ɪɡˈzæktli /adv. 正合我意
touchdown/ ˈtʌtʃdaʊn /n. (橄榄球)触地得分
score */ skɔː(r) /n. 比分
break */ breɪk /n. 休息
pour */ pɔː(r) /v. 斟,倒(饮料等)