Episode 6 Thanksgiving ACT II感恩节 第二幕

[ In the Stewarts' living room later that day. Grandpa and Robbie are watching the Thanksgiving Day parade on television. ]

Grandpa: I love parades. The Thanksgiving Day parade is always such great fun.

我喜欢看游行。感恩节游行总是一大乐事。

Grandpa: Look at that Superman balloon! Wowee! Just floating along high above Central Park West.

你看那个超人气球!哇!高高地飘在中央公园西大道上空。

Grandpa: Don't you just love it? Oh, and the bands and the music. John Philip Sousa.

是不是特别棒?还有那些乐队和音乐。约翰·菲利普·苏萨。

Grandpa: I love his music. Da dada da da dada da da da da da da dada.

我特别喜欢他的音乐。哒哒哒,哒哒哒,哒哒哒哒哒。

Grandpa: Oh, look at that float, Robbie. Look at those funny-looking clowns.

哦,罗比,快看那辆花车。那些小丑真滑稽。

Robbie: It's for kids.

这是给小孩子看的。

Grandpa: Maybe so, but parades always make me feel like a kid. Remember when you and your dad and I went to the Thanksgiving Day parade? You were four or five years old, I think.

也许吧,不过看游行总让我觉得自己像个孩子。还记得你、你爸爸和我一起去看感恩节游行吗?那时候你大概才四五岁。

[ The telephone rings in the kitchen. Robbie rushes to answer it. ]

Robbie (on phone): Hello, hello.... Oh, hi, Susan. How are you?... Here's Mom. [ He hands the phone to Ellen and returns to the living room. ]

喂,喂…哦,嗨,苏珊。你好吗?…我叫妈妈来接。

Ellen: Hello, Susan. Yes, he missed a phone call from Alexandra. Yes, I know, but he'll get over it. Good. Then you'll be here about five? Oh, fine. I look forward to seeing you and Harry and Michelle. Drive carefully. Good-bye.

喂,苏珊。对,他错过了亚历山德拉的电话。是的,我知道,他很快就会翻篇的。好的,你们大概五点左右到?太好了。我很期待见到你、哈里和米歇尔。开车小心。再见。

[ He enters the living room with a bowl. ]

Philip: Taste Ellen's turkey dressing. It's delicious.

尝尝埃伦做的火鸡填料,味道绝了。

Grandpa: I'm not surprised. It's Grandma's recipe.

一点儿不奇怪,这可是你奶奶传下来的秘方。

Robbie: It's my favorite part of the meal.

这是我最爱吃的一道。

Philip: What about my famous apple pie?

那我做的招牌苹果派呢?

Robbie: Dad, your apple pie is my favorite dessert.

爸爸,你的苹果派是我最喜欢的甜点。

Philip: How's the parade?

游行怎么样?

Robbie: OK.

还行。

[ The phone rings again. ]

Robbie: [ calling ] Mom! Is it for me?

妈妈!是找我的吗?

Ellen: No, Robbie.

不是,罗比。

Philip: Who was it?

是谁打来的?

Ellen: [ She comes into the living room. ] Wrong number. Philip, would you join me in the kitchen, please? It's getting late. We have vegetables to prepare.

打错了。菲利普,来厨房帮我一下好吗?时间不早了,我们还要准备蔬菜。

Robbie: Can I help with anything?

我能帮点什么吗?

Ellen: No, honey. You just relax with Grandpa. I'll get you to help serve later. [ She and Philip leave the living room. ]

不用,亲爱的,你陪爷爷休息一下就好。等会儿再叫你来帮忙上菜。

Grandpa: Ellen reminds me so much of Grandma.

埃伦真让我想起你奶奶。

Philip: [ He returns to the living room. ] What time does the Michigan football game come on?

密歇根的橄榄球比赛几点开始?

Robbie: Four.

四点。

Ellen: [ calling from kitchen ] Philip! Philip!

菲利普!菲利普!

Philip: I'll be back to see the game. [ He returns to the kitchen. ]

等会儿我再回来看看比赛。

Robbie: Grandpa, when did Dad graduate from Michigan?

爷爷,爸爸是什么时候从密歇根大学毕业的?

Grandpa: Let me think. He graduated from medical school in 1960 and from the University of Michigan in 1956.

让我想想。他是 1960 年从医学院毕业的,1956 年从密歇根大学毕业。

Robbie: Did you go to Michigan, too, Grandpa?

爷爷,你也是密歇根大学的吗?

Grandpa: Yup. I graduated in 1937.

没错,我是 1937 届的毕业生。

Robbie: I've got to start thinking about college soon. [ The phone rings again. Robbie runs to answer it. ]

我也该开始考虑申请大学的事了。
15个相关单词

与课文关联的单词

parade

/pəˈreɪd/n. 游行;阅兵

superman

/ˈsuːpəmæn; ˈsjuːpəmæn/n. 超人

floating

/ˈfləʊtɪŋ/n. 漂浮

band *

/bænd/n. 乐队

float *

/fləʊt/n. 花车

funny-looking

/ˈfʌni ˈlukiŋ/adj. 滑稽的

clown

/klaʊn/n. 小丑

dressing

/ˈdresɪŋ/n. 馅;填料

recipe

/ˈresəpi/n. 菜谱

wrong *

/rɒŋ/adj. 错误的

relax

/rɪˈlæks/v. (使)放松

Michigan

/ˈmɪʃɪɡən/n. 密歇根州

graduate

/ˈɡrædʒuət/v. 大学毕业

university *

/ˌjuːnɪˈvɜːsəti/v. 大学(本科)

college *

/ˈkɒlɪdʒ/v. 大学学院(专科)
笔记更新中
当您看到了此提示,说明本课笔记还在正在努力更新中...
看电视 更新于:2026-05-01 07:27:01

The Thanksgiving Day parade is always such great fun.感恩节大游行总是特别有意思。

great fun 很有趣 / 特别好玩

  • Skiing for the first time was great fun. 第一次滑雪真的特别好玩。
  • It’s great fun to hang out with you guys. 跟你们一起闲逛真是太开心了。
  • We had great fun at the beach last weekend. 上周末我们在海边玩得特别嗨。
Such a lot of fun 非常有意思The party was such a lot of fun! 那派对真是太有趣了!
A blast (口语)尽兴/极棒的经历The concert was a blast. 音乐会简直酷毙了。

Look at that Superman balloon floating along high above Central Park West!快看那个超人气球!就在中央公园西路上方高高地飘着呢。

float along 漂浮 / 缓缓移动

  • Clouds were floating along in the blue sky. 白云在蓝天中悠悠地飘着。
  • The leaves floated along the stream. 树叶顺着小溪缓缓漂走。
  • Just relax and let the boat float along. 放松点,让船顺水漂吧。
High above 在...高处上方The eagle was circling high above the valley. 老鹰在山谷高空盘旋。
Drift 漂流 / 漂移The scent of coffee drifted through the air. 空气中弥漫着咖啡的香味。

Don't you just love it?难道你就不觉得这很棒吗?

Don't you just love it? (反问句)你难道不喜欢吗?/ 简直太棒了不是吗?

  • Don't you just love the smell of fresh coffee in the morning? 难道你不爱早起这阵新鲜的咖啡味儿吗?
  • It's such a beautiful view! Don't you just love it? 风景这么美!你不觉得简直绝了吗?
  • Don't you just love it when everything goes as planned? 当一切都如愿以偿时,你难道不觉得爽吗?

Maybe so, but parades always make me feel like a kid.也许吧,但游行总能让我觉得自己像个孩子。

feel like a kid 感觉像个孩子 / 童心未泯

  • Eating ice cream always makes me feel like a kid again. 吃冰淇淋总让我感觉回到了小时候。
  • I feel like a kid on Christmas morning. 在圣诞节的早晨,我觉得自己像个孩子一样兴奋。
  • The magic show made everyone in the room feel like a kid. 魔术表演让屋里的每一个人都重拾童心。
Maybe so 也许是这样"He might be late." "Maybe so." “他可能会迟到。”“也许吧。”
Feel like 感觉像 / 想要I feel like a pizza tonight. 我今晚想吃披萨。

Remember when you and your dad and I went to the Thanksgiving Day parade?还记得你、你爸还有我,咱们以前一起去看感恩节大游行吗?

Remember when...? 还记得...的时候吗?(回忆往事常用语)

  • Remember when we used to play football in the rain? 还记得咱们以前常在雨里踢球吗?
  • Remember when we got lost in London? 还记得咱们在伦敦迷路那次吗?
  • Remember when you were afraid of the dark? 还记得你小时候怕黑吗?

He 'll get over it.他会想开的。/ 他会挺过去的。

get over something 从(挫折、疾病、不快中)恢复过来 / 释怀

  • It took him a long time to get over the breakup. 他花了很长时间才从失恋中走出来。
  • Don't worry, you'll get over the cold soon. 别担心,你这感冒很快就会好的。
  • He's still trying to get over the shock of losing his job. 他还没从丢了工作的打击中完全缓过劲来。
Move on (感情上)向前看 / 释然It's time to move on and forget the past. 是时候向前看,忘掉过去了。
Recover from 从...中恢复She is still recovering from the surgery. 她还在手术后的恢复期。

I look forward to seeing you and Harry and Michelle.我正盼着见到你还有哈里和米歇尔呢。

look forward to 期待 / 盼望(后接动名词或名词)

  • I look forward to meeting you in person. 我期待能和你本人见面。
  • We are looking forward to our summer vacation. 我们正盼着暑假呢。
  • I look forward to hearing from you soon. 期待尽快收到你的回信。
Can't wait to 等不及要...I can't wait to see your new house! 我等不及要看你的新房子了!
Anticipate 预期 / 期待(更正式)We anticipate a large crowd at the event. 我们预计活动现场人会很多。

Drive carefully.开车小心点。

Drive carefully 小心驾驶

  • It's snowing, so please drive carefully. 下雪了,请小心开车。
  • Drive carefully and call me when you get there. 路上慢点开,到了给我打个电话。
  • He always drives carefully when the kids are in the car. 孩子们在车里时,他总是开得很小心。
等电话 更新于:2026-05-01 07:28:00

Taste Ellen's turkey dressing. It's delicious.尝尝艾伦做的火鸡填料,味道绝了。

turkey dressing 火鸡填料 / 塞料

  • My mom makes the best turkey dressing every Thanksgiving. 每年感恩节我妈做的火鸡填料是最好吃的。
  • What kind of herbs do you put in your turkey dressing? 你在火鸡填料里放哪些香料?
  • The turkey dressing is moist and full of flavor. 这火鸡填料水分充足,味道浓郁。
Stuffing 填料(通常指塞进火鸡腹腔的)I prefer stuffing that is cooked inside the bird. 我更喜欢在火鸡肚子里烤出来的填料。
Side dish 配菜Mashed potatoes are a classic side dish. 土豆泥是经典的配菜。

I'm not surprised. It's Grandma's recipe.我不觉得奇怪,这可是奶奶亲传的食谱。

I'm not surprised 我不意外 / 这在预料之中

  • I'm not surprised that they won the game. 他们赢了比赛我一点都不意外。
  • He failed again? I'm not surprised at all. 他又失败了?我可一点儿没觉得奇怪。
  • I'm not surprised you're tired after such a long walk. 走了这么远的路,你觉得累我也能想到。

What about my famous apple pie?那我那出名的苹果派呢?

What about...? ...怎么样?/ 那...呢?

  • What about going to the cinema tonight? 今晚去电影院怎么样?
  • I've finished the report, but what about the presentation? 报告我写完了,但那份汇报PPT呢?
  • What about the money he owes you? 那他欠你的钱打算怎么办?
How about...? ...如何?(常用于提议)How about a cup of tea? 喝杯茶如何?
What if...? 如果...该怎么办?What if it rains during the picnic? 野餐的时候要是下雨了怎么办?

Philip, would you join me in the kitchen, please?菲利普,能请你来厨房帮帮我吗?

would you join me (委婉请求)能和我一起...吗 / 帮我...吗

  • Would you join me for dinner this evening? 今晚能赏光一起吃个晚饭吗?
  • Would you join us in our celebration? 你能加入我们的庆祝活动吗?
  • Would you join me in welcoming our guest? 请大家和我一起欢迎我们的客人。

It's getting late. We have vegetables to prepare.天儿不早了。咱们还有蔬菜要准备呢。

It's getting late 天色已晚 / 时间不早了

  • It's getting late, I should probably go home now. 天不早了,我大概该回家了。
  • Hurry up, it's getting late for the train. 赶快,赶火车的时间快不够了。
  • It's getting late and we haven't finished half the work. 天都快黑了,我们连一半活儿还没干完呢。

You just relax with Grandpa.你就陪爷爷歇着吧。

relax with someone 和某人一起放松 / 休息

  • I love to relax with my family on weekends. 我喜欢在周末和家人一起放松一下。
  • After a long day, I just want to relax with a good book. 忙了一整天后,我只想捧本好书放松放松。
  • He spent the afternoon relaxing with his friends at the park. 他在公园和朋友们悠闲地过了一个下午。

Ellen reminds me so much of Grandma.艾伦这样子真让我不由得想起你奶奶。

remind someone of someone 让某人想起某人/某事

  • This song reminds me of our first trip together. 这首歌让我想起了咱们第一次一起旅行。
  • You remind me of your father when he was young. 你现在的样子让我想起你父亲年轻的时候。
  • The smell of fresh bread always reminds me of home. 新鲜面包的味道总是让我想起家。
Look like 长得像You look like your sister. 你长得真像你姐姐。
Be similar to 与...相似Your problem is similar to mine. 你的问题和我的差不多。

What time does the Michigan football game come on?密歇根队的橄榄球赛几点开播?

come on (电视节目)开播 / 播出

  • What time does the news come on? 新闻节目几点播?
  • The movie comes on at 8 o'clock tonight. 那部电影今晚8点开始播。
  • Wait! My favorite show is about to come on. 等下!我最爱的节目马上就要开始了。

He graduated from medical school in 1960.他是1960年从医学院毕业的。

graduate from 从...毕业

  • She graduated from Harvard University last year. 她去年从哈佛大学毕业。
  • He graduated from high school with top honors. 他以优异的成绩从高中毕业。
  • When did you graduate from college? 你什么时候大学毕业的?
Alumnus/Alumna (男/女)校友He is an alumnus of Yale. 他是耶鲁的校友。
Major in 主修...专业I majored in computer science. 我主修计算机科学专业。

I've got to start thinking about college soon.我也该早点儿考虑上大学的事儿了。

have got to (gotta) 不得不 / 必须

  • I've got to leave now, or I'll miss the train. 我得走了,不然赶不上火车了。
  • You've got to see this movie; it's amazing. 你一定要看看这部电影,绝了。
  • We've got to finish the work by Friday. 咱们必须在周五前把活儿干完。
Have to 不得不 / 必须I have to work late tonight. 我今晚得加班。
Must 必须(语气较重/主观)I must stop smoking. 我必须戒烟了。