Episode 6 Thanksgiving ACT II

感恩节 第二幕

Watch the video then answer the question:

[ In the Stewarts' living room later that day. Grandpa and Robbie are watching the Thanksgiving Day parade on television. ]

Grandpa: I love parades. The Thanksgiving Day parade is always such great fun.

我喜欢看游行。感恩节游行总是一大乐事。

Grandpa: Look at that Superman balloon! Wowee! Just floating along high above Central Park West.

你看那个超人气球!哇!高高地飘在中央公园西大道上空。

Grandpa: Don't you just love it? Oh, and the bands and the music. John Philip Sousa.

是不是特别棒?还有那些乐队和音乐。约翰·菲利普·苏萨。

Grandpa: I love his music. Da dada da da dada da da da da da da dada.

我特别喜欢他的音乐。哒哒哒,哒哒哒,哒哒哒哒哒。

Grandpa: Oh, look at that float, Robbie. Look at those funny-looking clowns.

哦,罗比,快看那辆花车。那些小丑真滑稽。

Robbie: It's for kids.

这是给小孩子看的。

Grandpa: Maybe so, but parades always make me feel like a kid. Remember when you and your dad and I went to the Thanksgiving Day parade? You were four or five years old, I think.

也许吧,不过看游行总让我觉得自己像个孩子。还记得你、你爸爸和我一起去看感恩节游行吗?那时候你大概才四五岁。

[ The telephone rings in the kitchen. Robbie rushes to answer it. ]

Robbie (on phone): Hello, hello.... Oh, hi, Susan. How are you?... Here's Mom. [ He hands the phone to Ellen and returns to the living room. ]

喂,喂…哦,嗨,苏珊。你好吗?…我叫妈妈来接。

Ellen: Hello, Susan. Yes, he missed a phone call from Alexandra. Yes, I know, but he'll get over it. Good. Then you'll be here about five? Oh, fine. I look forward to seeing you and Harry and Michelle. Drive carefully. Good-bye.

喂,苏珊。对,他错过了亚历山德拉的电话。是的,我知道,他很快就会翻篇的。好的,你们大概五点左右到?太好了。我很期待见到你、哈里和米歇尔。开车小心。再见。

[ He enters the living room with a bowl. ]

Philip: Taste Ellen's turkey dressing. It's delicious.

尝尝埃伦做的火鸡填料,味道绝了。

Grandpa: I'm not surprised. It's Grandma's recipe.

一点儿不奇怪,这可是你奶奶传下来的秘方。

Robbie: It's my favorite part of the meal.

这是我最爱吃的一道。

Philip: What about my famous apple pie?

那我做的招牌苹果派呢?

Robbie: Dad, your apple pie is my favorite dessert.

爸爸,你的苹果派是我最喜欢的甜点。

Philip: How's the parade?

游行怎么样?

Robbie: OK.

还行。

[ The phone rings again. ]

Robbie: [ calling ] Mom! Is it for me?

妈妈!是找我的吗?

Ellen: No, Robbie.

不是,罗比。

Philip: Who was it?

是谁打来的?

Ellen: [ She comes into the living room. ] Wrong number. Philip, would you join me in the kitchen, please? It's getting late. We have vegetables to prepare.

打错了。菲利普,来厨房帮我一下好吗?时间不早了,我们还要准备蔬菜。

Robbie: Can I help with anything?

我能帮点什么吗?

Ellen: No, honey. You just relax with Grandpa. I'll get you to help serve later. [ She and Philip leave the living room. ]

不用,亲爱的,你陪爷爷休息一下就好。等会儿再叫你来帮忙上菜。

Grandpa: Ellen reminds me so much of Grandma.

埃伦真让我想起你奶奶。

Philip: [ He returns to the living room. ] What time does the Michigan football game come on?

密歇根的橄榄球比赛几点开始?

Robbie: Four.

四点。

Ellen: [ calling from kitchen ] Philip! Philip!

菲利普!菲利普!

Philip: I'll be back to see the game. [ He returns to the kitchen. ]

等会儿我再回来看看比赛。

Robbie: Grandpa, when did Dad graduate from Michigan?

爷爷,爸爸是什么时候从密歇根大学毕业的?

Grandpa: Let me think. He graduated from medical school in 1960 and from the University of Michigan in 1956.

让我想想。他是 1960 年从医学院毕业的,1956 年从密歇根大学毕业。

Robbie: Did you go to Michigan, too, Grandpa?

爷爷,你也是密歇根大学的吗?

Grandpa: Yup. I graduated in 1937.

没错,我是 1937 届的毕业生。

Robbie: I've got to start thinking about college soon. [ The phone rings again. Robbie runs to answer it. ]

我也该开始考虑申请大学的事了。

单词列表

15
parade/ pəˈreɪd /n. 游行;阅兵
superman/ ˈsuːpəmæn; ˈsjuːpəmæn /n. 超人
floating/ ˈfləʊtɪŋ /n. 漂浮
band */ bænd /n. 乐队
float */ fləʊt /n. 花车
funny-looking/ ˈfʌni ˈlukiŋ /adj. 滑稽的
clown/ klaʊn /n. 小丑
dressing/ ˈdresɪŋ /n. 馅;填料
recipe/ ˈresəpi /n. 菜谱
wrong */ rɒŋ /adj. 错误的
relax/ rɪˈlæks /v. (使)放松
Michigan/ ˈmɪʃɪɡən /n. 密歇根州
graduate/ ˈɡrædʒuət /v. 大学毕业
university */ ˌjuːnɪˈvɜːsəti /v. 大学(本科)
college */ ˈkɒlɪdʒ /v. 大学学院(专科)