Episode 6 Thanksgiving ACT I感恩节 第一幕

[ In the kitchen in the Stewarts' home on Thanksgiving morning. Philip is drinking coffee. ]

Ellen: OK, Philip. This is your third cup of coffee. We should get to work, or we won't be finished by dinner time.

好了,菲利普。这已经是你第三杯咖啡了。我们该开始干活了,不然到晚餐时间还做不完。

Philip: I guess we must.

看来是得开始了。

Ellen: We must.

必须开始了。

Philip: OK. [ He walks to the table in the center of the room.] The beginning of my famous Thanksgiving apple pie.

好。现在开始做我那道拿手的感恩节苹果派。

Philip: [ He picks up an apple. ] One apple. Two apples. Three apples. Four apples.

一个苹果。两个苹果。三个苹果。四个苹果。

Ellen: Come on, Philip! Get busy with your famous apple pie. There's much more to be done.

快点,菲利普!赶紧做你的招牌苹果派吧,还有很多事要做呢。

Philip: [ thinking... ] Now, the ingredients. What goes into my apple pie besides apples? Ah, yes. Flour, sugar, butter. 

现在来看看配料。除了苹果,我的苹果派里还得放点什么?啊,对了:面粉、糖、黄油。

Philip: [ He looks in the refrigerator and carries the butter dish to the table. ] Butter, nice and cold and hard. OK, here are the walnuts. Last but not least, the reason my apple pie is famous--cinnamon.

黄油,冰冰凉凉的,很结实。好,核桃也在这儿。最后,也是最重要的秘密武器,让我的苹果派出名的——肉桂粉。

Philip: Cinnamon ... [ He begins to look for the cinnamon. ] Ellen, where's the cinnamon?

肉桂粉… 艾伦,肉桂粉在哪儿?

Ellen: If there is any cinnamon, it's in the cabinet with the salt and pepper.

要是还有的话,应该在放盐和胡椒的橱柜里。

Philip: [ He opens the cabinet. He brings the spice rack to the table. ] Salt, pepper, dill weed, garlic powder, cinnamon. Ellen?

盐、胡椒、莳萝、大蒜粉、肉桂粉… 艾伦?

Ellen: Yes, Philip.

怎么了,菲利普?

Philip: Is it possible that we forgot to buy cinnamon?

有没有可能我们忘记买肉桂粉了?

Ellen: Yes, it is possible that we forgot to buy cinnamon.

是的,很有可能我们忘了买肉桂粉。

Philip: Well, how can I make my famous apple pie without cinnamon?

那没有肉桂粉,我这道招牌苹果派还怎么做?

[ Robbie enters. ]

Robbie: Good morning.

早上好。

Ellen: Oh, hi, Robbie. Good morning.

哦,罗比,早上好。

Philip: Good morning. Robbie. Can you do me a favor?

早上好,罗比。能帮我个忙吗?

Robbie: Sure, Dad. What?

当然可以,爸爸。什么事?

Philip: Remember my apple pie on Thanksgiving? What do you love about it?

还记得我做的感恩节苹果派吗?你最喜欢它哪一点?

Robbie: The apples?

苹果?

Philip: No. The sssss...

不,是那个“ssss…”

Robbie: Cinnamon.

肉桂粉。

Philip: Right. We don't have any cinnamon.

对,可是我们没有肉桂粉了。

Robbie: I'll go down to Henry's grocery. He's always open. I'll get some for you.

我去亨利的杂货店买。他那儿总是开门。我给你买点回来。

Philip: That's my boy! [ He takes money from his pocket and hands it to Robbie. ]

好样的!

Ellen: Oh, put your heavy jacket on, Robbie. It's cold outside.

把厚外套穿上,罗比,外面很冷。

Robbie: Alexandra might call. Tell her I'll call her right back.

亚力山德拉可能会打电话来,告诉她我一会儿就回给她。

Robbie: OK.

好。

Philip: Thanks, Son. [ Robbie leaves. ]

谢谢你,儿子。

Ellen: Uh, why does he always have to slam the door?

唉,他怎么老是摔门?

[ A little later. The telephone rings in the kitchen. Ellen answers it. ]

Ellen: Hello.... Hello, Alexandra. How are you? ... Fine. Robbie just went to the store. He'll be back soon.  He said he'll call you. ... Oh, oh, I see.... Oh ... certainly.

喂…喂,亚力山德拉,你好吗?…挺好的。罗比刚去商店,很快就回来。他说会给你回电话。…哦,我明白了…嗯,可以的。

Ellen: Well, do you have the phone number there? ... Oh ... I see.... Please, I know he wants to talk to you.... Thank you, and happy Thanksgiving to you and your family, too. Try to come by later for dessert.... Bye.

那你有那边的电话号码吗?…哦,我明白… 拜托了,我知道他很想和你说话… 谢谢,也祝你和家人感恩节快乐。晚点尽量过来吃甜点吧 …再见。

Ellen: [ To Philip ] That was Alexandra. She and the Molinas are going to spend Thanksgiving with their cousins. She doesn't have the phone number.

是亚力山德拉打来的。她和莫利那一家要去亲戚家过感恩节,她没有那边的电话号码。

Philip: Oh, Robbie will be disappointed.

哦,罗比肯定会失望的。

Ellen: He'll be grouchy.  Maybe she'll call back. She promised.

他肯定会闹情绪的。也许她会再打来,她答应过的。

[ He returns from the store. ]

Robbie: Here's your cinnamon, Pop. It was a dollar and sixty cents. You forgot to ask me for the change. 

这是你要的肉桂粉,爸爸,一共一块六。你刚才没问我要找零。

Philip: Or did you forget to give it to me?

还是你忘了找给我?

[ Robbie gives him the change. Philip puts it in his pocket. ]

Philip: Thanks, Son.

谢谢你,儿子。

Ellen: Alexandra called.

亚力山德拉刚打过电话。

Robbie: I'll call her back.

我给她回个电话。

Ellen: She said she'll call you later. She's not at home.

她说等会儿再打给你,她现在不在家。

[ Robbie dials Alexandra's telephone number anyway. She doesn't answer. ]

Philip: You should have your breakfast, Son. Make you feel better. Protein, vitamins.

你先吃点早饭吧,儿子,这样会舒服点。补充点蛋白质和维生素。

Robbie: She said she'll call back?

她说会再打来吗?

Ellen: Yes, she did.

是的,她说过。

[ He enters the kitchen. ]

Grandpa: Good morning, everyone! Happy Turkey Day! What's wrong?

大家早上好!感恩节快乐!怎么了?

Robbie: Nothing. [ angry ] Absolutely nothing. [ He leaves the room. ]

没怎么。真的一点事儿都没有!

Grandpa: What's gotten into him?

他这是怎么了?

Ellen: He missed a phone call. 

他错过了一个电话。

Grandpa: From ...?

是谁打来的?

Philip: Yes, Alexandra.

是的,亚力山德拉。

Grandpa: It's nice to see young love.... Oh, to be young again! Where's the coffee?

年轻人的恋爱真美好啊 …噢,真想重回年轻时代!咖啡在哪儿呢?
15个相关单词

与课文关联的单词

Thanksgiving

/ˌθæŋksˈɡɪvɪŋ/n. 感恩节

famous *

/ˈfeɪməs/adj. 最拿手的

ingredients

/ɪnˈɡriːdiənts/n. (食材)原料

besides

/bɪˈsaɪdz/adv. 除了

walnut

/ˈwɔːlnʌt/n. 核桃

cinnamon

/ˈsɪnəmən/n. 桂皮

cabinet *

/ˈkæbɪnət/n. 储物柜

rack

/ræk/n. 架子(the spice rack 调味品架)

dill

/dɪl/n. 茴香

grouchy

/ˈɡraʊtʃi/adj. 不高兴的

promised

/ˈprɒmɪst/v. 保证;承诺

dial

/ˈdaɪəl/v. 拨号

protein

/ˈprəʊtiːn/n. 蛋白质

vitamin

/ˈvɪtəmɪn/n. 维生素

absolutely *

/ˈæbsəluːtli/adv. 绝对地
笔记更新中
当您看到了此提示,说明本课笔记还在正在努力更新中...
磨洋工 更新于:2026-05-01 06:28:07

We should get to work, or we won't be finished by dinner time.咱们该开始干活了,不然赶在晚饭前肯定干不完。

get to work 动手干活 / 开始行动

  • Stop chatting and get to work. 别在那儿闲聊了,赶紧干活去。
  • We need to get to work on the garden this weekend. 咱们这周末得动手整理花园了。
  • As soon as the boss arrived, everyone got to work. 老板一到,大家立刻就忙活开了。
By 在...时间之前(截止)I need your report by tomorrow morning. 明早之前我得拿到你的报告。
In 在...时间之内(时长)He will finish the project in two hours. 他两小时内就能完成项目。

I guess we must.我看咱们非干不可了。

I guess 我觉得吧 / 我想 / 看来

  • I guess you're right about this. 我想你这件事儿说得没错。
  • It's getting late, so I guess I'll go now. 天晚了,我看我也该走了。
  • I guess he forgot all about the meeting. 我看他准是把开会的事儿忘到九霄云外了。

Come on, Philip! Get busy with your famous apple pie.快点吧菲利普!赶紧忙活你那出名的苹果派去。

get busy with 忙于 / 开始着手做某事

  • Let's get busy with the cleaning before they arrive. 趁他们没来,咱们赶紧忙活大扫除吧。
  • She got busy with the preparation for the Thanksgiving dinner. 她开始忙着筹备感恩节大餐了。
  • I've got to get busy with my homework now. 我现在得赶紧赶作业了。
Come on 别磨蹭 / 算了吧(语气强)Come on! We're going to be late. 快点吧!咱们要迟到了。
Snap to it (口语)快点干 / 动作快点Stop dreaming and snap to it! 别做白日梦了,动作快点!

There's much more to be done.还有大把的事儿等着干呢。

much more to be done 还有更多事情待处理

  • The project is far from finished; there is much more to be done. 这项目离完工还早,还有好多活儿得干。
  • After the party, there was much more to be done than we expected. 派对结束后,要收拾的东西比我们预想的多得多。
  • Is there much more to be done for the presentation? 那份汇报还有很多要准备的吗?

What goes into my apple pie besides apples?除了苹果,我的苹果派里还放了啥?

go into 投入 / 加入(成分、精力等)

  • You have no idea how much work goes into this event. 你根本想象不到办这活动得投入多少心血。
  • What kind of ingredients go into a traditional pizza? 正宗的披萨里都得放哪些料?
  • Years of research went into the development of this medicine. 为了研发这药,好几年的研究功夫都砸进去了。
Besides 除...之外(还包括)What do you do besides your daily job? 除了日常工作,你还忙点啥?
Except 除...之外(不包括)I like all fruit except apples. 除了苹果,啥水果我都爱吃。

Butter, nice and cold and hard.这黄油,又冰又硬,正好。

nice and ... (口语)挺...的 / 真...(表赞赏或满意)

  • The tea is nice and hot. 这茶热乎乎的,真好。
  • Make sure the room is nice and clean. 把屋子打扫得干干净净的。
  • It's nice and quiet here in the morning. 这儿早上真清静,舒服。

Last but not least, the reason my apple pie is famous--cinnamon.最后但同样重要的一点是,(我的派)出名的原因就在这儿——肉桂。

Last but not least 最后但同样重要(常用于罗列要点)

  • I want to thank my team, my friends, and last but not least, my wife. 我要感谢我的团队,我的朋友,最后同样重要的是,感谢我的妻子。
  • You need eggs, flour, and last but not least, a pinch of salt. 你需要鸡蛋、面粉,最后还有同样重要的一小撮盐。
  • Last but not least, remember to turn off the lights. 最后一点也很重要,记得关灯。

Is it possible that we forgot to buy cinnamon?有没有可能,咱们把肉桂给忘了买了?

Is it possible that ... 有没有可能...?(委婉或怀疑的询问)

  • Is it possible that he didn't receive the email? 有没有可能他压根儿没收到那封邮件?
  • Is it possible that the meeting has been canceled? 有没有可能开会的事儿已经取消了?
  • Is it possible that we took the wrong road? 有没有可能咱们走错路了?
Could it be 难道是 / 会不会是Could it be that she forgot our appointment? 难道是她把咱俩的约定给忘了?
I wonder if 我想知道是不是...I wonder if there's any milk left. 我想知道还有没有剩下的牛奶。

Well, how can I make ... without cinnamon?嘿,没肉桂我怎么做得成(这苹果派)啊?

make ... without ... 没有...就做不成...

  • You can't make an omelet without breaking eggs. (谚语)不破费,事难成。
  • How can you make a decision without knowing the facts? 你不了解事实真相,怎么能随便做决定呢?
  • I can't make the cake without enough sugar. 没足够的糖,这蛋糕我也做不出来。
使唤人 更新于:2026-05-01 06:29:05

Can you do me a favor?你能帮我个忙吗?

do someone a favor 帮某人一个忙

  • Could you do me a favor and open the window? 你能帮我个忙把窗户打开吗?
  • I'm happy to do you a favor anytime. 我随时都乐意帮你个忙。
  • He did me a big favor by lending me his car. 他把车借给我,真是帮了我大忙。
Give someone a hand 搭把手Can you give me a hand with these boxes? 这些箱子你能帮我搭把手吗?
Ask a favor of 请某人帮忙I'd like to ask a favor of you. 我想请你帮个忙。

What do you love about it?你喜欢它(苹果派)哪一点?

love/like ... about ... 喜欢某物/某人的某个特质

  • What do you love about living in this city? 你喜欢住在这座城市的哪一点?
  • There are many things I like about my new job. 新工作有很多让我中意的地方。
  • I love everything about her. 我喜欢她的一切。

I'll go down to Henry's grocery.我去趟亨利杂货店。

go down to 去(某处);下楼去

  • I'm going to go down to the basement to check the heater. 我要下楼去地下室检查一下暖气。
  • Let's go down to the beach this afternoon. 咱们今天下午去海滩吧。
  • He went down to the store to get some milk. 他去商店买牛奶了。
Head over to 去某地 / 顺道过去I'll head over to your house after work. 我下班后去你家。
Run down to 跑一趟某地Can you run down to the post office for me? 你能帮我跑一趟邮局吗?

That's my boy!好儿子!/ 好样的!

That's my boy! 好样的!(用于夸奖男性,不限于儿子)

  • You won the race! That's my boy! 你赢了比赛!好样的!
  • That's my boy, always thinking of others. 真不愧是我儿子,总是为别人着想。
  • He finished his dinner. That's my boy! 他把饭吃完了,真乖!

Put your heavy jacket on, Robbie.穿上你的厚外套,罗比。

put ... on 穿上 / 戴上

  • It's raining outside, put your raincoat on. 外面下雨呢,穿上雨衣。
  • He put on his glasses to read the menu. 他戴上眼镜看菜单。
  • Wait a minute, I need to put my shoes on. 等会儿,我得把鞋穿上。
Wear 穿着 / 戴着(状态)She is wearing a beautiful red dress. 她穿着一件漂亮的红裙子。
Get dressed 穿好衣服Hurry up and get dressed! 赶快穿好衣服!

Tell her I'll call her right back.跟她说我马上给她回电话。

call someone back 给某人回电话

  • I'm in a meeting, I'll call you back in an hour. 我在开会,一小时后给你回电话。
  • Did he call you back yesterday? 他昨天给你回电话了吗?
  • Please ask her to call me back as soon as possible. 请叫她尽快给我回个电话。

Why does he always have to slam the door?他干嘛总是摔门?

slam 砰地关上 / 摔(门、电话等)

  • Don't slam the door when you leave. 你走的时候别摔门。
  • She was so angry that she slammed the phone down. 她气得砰地一声挂断了电话。
  • The wind slammed the window shut. 风把窗户砰地吹关上了。
Shut 关闭Please shut the gate. 请把大门关上。
Bang 猛撞 / 发出砰砰声Stop banging on the table! 别敲桌子了!
错过电话 更新于:2026-05-01 06:30:00

He 'll be back soon. 他马上就回来。

be back 回来

  • I'm just going to the post office; I'll be back in ten minutes. 我这就去趟邮局,十分钟就回来。
  • Wait here, I'll be back before you know it. 在这儿等着,我一眨眼就回来。
  • When will your father be back from his trip? 你父亲出差什么时候回来?
Return 返回(正式)He returned to his hometown after ten years. 十年后他回到了家乡。
Get back 回到 / 归来What time did you get back last night? 你昨晚几点回来的?

He said he 'll call you. 他说他会给你回电话。

call someone 给某人打电话

  • Don't forget to call me when you arrive at the hotel. 到酒店了别忘了给我打个电话。
  • I'll call you as soon as I have the results. 一有结果我就给你打电话。
  • Why didn't you call her last night? 你昨晚怎么没给她打电话?

Try to come by later for dessert. 晚点儿顺便过来吃甜点吧。

come by 顺便拜访 / 过来

  • Feel free to come by my office if you have any questions. 有任何问题尽管来我办公室。
  • Can you come by tomorrow morning instead? 你能改在明天早上过来吗?
  • I'll come by your house after work to pick up the book. 我下班后顺便去你家取那本书。
Drop in / Drop by 顺便走访(不预先约定)We'd love it if you could drop by sometime. 你要是能抽空来坐坐我们就太高兴了。
Stop by 路过时顺便停一下I'll stop by the bakery on my way home. 我回家路上顺便去趟面包店。

He 'll be grouchy. 他会变得没好气的。

grouchy 易怒的 / 爱发牢骚的

  • He's always a bit grouchy before he's had his coffee. 他喝咖啡之前总是有点没精打采、脾气不好的。
  • Don't be so grouchy; it's a beautiful day! 别这么丧了,今天天气多好啊!
  • The long flight made everyone tired and grouchy. 长途飞行让大家都又累又没耐心。

You forgot to ask me for the change. 你忘了找我要零钱了。

ask for the change 要找零 / 索取零钱

  • Wait, you didn't ask for the change! 等等,你还没拿找零呢!
  • Always remember to check and ask for the change. 记得检查一下,别忘了拿找零。
  • I'm sorry, I forgot to ask for the change back then. 不好意思,我刚才忘了拿回零钱。
Keep the change 不用找零了Here is ten dollars, keep the change. 给你十块,不用找了。
Small change 小钱 / 零钱Do you have any small change for the bus? 你有坐公交的零钱吗?

You should have your breakfast... Make you feel better. 你应该吃点早饭……能让你舒服点。

Make someone feel better 让某人感觉好一些

  • A hot soup will make you feel better. 喝碗热汤会让你舒服点。
  • I hope these flowers make you feel better. 我希望这些花能让你心情好点。
  • Talking to a friend always makes me feel better. 跟朋友聊聊总能让我好受些。

What's gotten into him? 他这是吃错什么药了?/ 他怎么了?

What's gotten into someone? (常指突然举止反常)某人是怎么了?

  • He's usually so quiet. What's gotten into him today? 他平时挺安静的,今天这是怎么了?
  • I don't know what's gotten into her lately; she's so angry. 我不知道她最近怎么了,火气这么大。
  • What's gotten into you? Why did you slam the door? 你吃错药了吧?干嘛摔门?

It's nice to see young love. 看到年轻人谈恋爱真好。

It's nice to... 做某事真好 / 很高兴...

  • It's nice to meet you at last. 很高兴终于见到你了。
  • It's nice to be back home after a long trip. 长途旅行后回到家里的感觉真好。
  • It's nice to see everyone working together. 看到大家齐心协力真不错。
It's a pleasure to... 很荣幸... / 很高兴...It's a pleasure to work with you. 很荣幸能与您共事。
It feels great to... ...的感觉太棒了It feels great to win the game. 赢了比赛的感觉太棒了。