Episode 6 Thanksgiving ACT I

感恩节 第一幕

Watch the video then answer the question:

[ In the kitchen in the Stewarts' home on Thanksgiving morning. Philip is drinking coffee. ]

Ellen: OK, Philip. This is your third cup of coffee. We should get to work, or we won't be finished by dinner time.

好了,菲利普。这已经是你第三杯咖啡了。我们该开始干活了,不然到晚餐时间还做不完。

Philip: I guess we must.

看来是得开始了。

Ellen: We must.

必须开始了。

Philip: OK. [ He walks to the table in the center of the room.] The beginning of my famous Thanksgiving apple pie.

好。现在开始做我那道拿手的感恩节苹果派。

Philip: [ He picks up an apple. ] One apple. Two apples. Three apples. Four apples.

一个苹果。两个苹果。三个苹果。四个苹果。

Ellen: Come on, Philip! Get busy with your famous apple pie. There's much more to be done.

快点,菲利普!赶紧做你的招牌苹果派吧,还有很多事要做呢。

Philip: [ thinking... ] Now, the ingredients. What goes into my apple pie besides apples? Ah, yes. Flour, sugar, butter. 

现在来看看配料。除了苹果,我的苹果派里还得放点什么?啊,对了:面粉、糖、黄油。

Philip: [ He looks in the refrigerator and carries the butter dish to the table. ] Butter, nice and cold and hard. OK, here are the walnuts. Last but not least, the reason my apple pie is famous--cinnamon.

黄油,冰冰凉凉的,很结实。好,核桃也在这儿。最后,也是最重要的秘密武器,让我的苹果派出名的——肉桂粉。

Philip: Cinnamon ... [ He begins to look for the cinnamon. ] Ellen, where's the cinnamon?

肉桂粉… 艾伦,肉桂粉在哪儿?

Ellen: If there is any cinnamon, it's in the cabinet with the salt and pepper.

要是还有的话,应该在放盐和胡椒的橱柜里。

Philip: [ He opens the cabinet. He brings the spice rack to the table. ] Salt, pepper, dill weed, garlic powder, cinnamon. Ellen?

盐、胡椒、莳萝、大蒜粉、肉桂粉… 艾伦?

Ellen: Yes, Philip.

怎么了,菲利普?

Philip: Is it possible that we forgot to buy cinnamon?

有没有可能我们忘记买肉桂粉了?

Ellen: Yes, it is possible that we forgot to buy cinnamon.

是的,很有可能我们忘了买肉桂粉。

Philip: Well, how can I make my famous apple pie without cinnamon?

那没有肉桂粉,我这道招牌苹果派还怎么做?

[ Robbie enters. ]

Robbie: Good morning.

早上好。

Ellen: Oh, hi, Robbie. Good morning.

哦,罗比,早上好。

Philip: Good morning. Robbie. Can you do me a favor?

早上好,罗比。能帮我个忙吗?

Robbie: Sure, Dad. What?

当然可以,爸爸。什么事?

Philip: Remember my apple pie on Thanksgiving? What do you love about it?

还记得我做的感恩节苹果派吗?你最喜欢它哪一点?

Robbie: The apples?

苹果?

Philip: No. The sssss...

不,是那个“ssss…”

Robbie: Cinnamon.

肉桂粉。

Philip: Right. We don't have any cinnamon.

对,可是我们没有肉桂粉了。

Robbie: I'll go down to Henry's grocery. He's always open. I'll get some for you.

我去亨利的杂货店买。他那儿总是开门。我给你买点回来。

Philip: That's my boy! [ He takes money from his pocket and hands it to Robbie. ]

好样的!

Ellen: Oh, put your heavy jacket on, Robbie. It's cold outside.

把厚外套穿上,罗比,外面很冷。

Robbie: Alexandra might call. Tell her I'll call her right back.

亚力山德拉可能会打电话来,告诉她我一会儿就回给她。

Robbie: OK.

好。

Philip: Thanks, Son. [ Robbie leaves. ]

谢谢你,儿子。

Ellen: Uh, why does he always have to slam the door?

唉,他怎么老是摔门?

[ A little later. The telephone rings in the kitchen. Ellen answers it. ]

Ellen: Hello.... Hello, Alexandra. How are you? ... Fine. Robbie just went to the store. He'll be back soon.  He said he'll call you. ... Oh, oh, I see.... Oh ... certainly.

喂…喂,亚力山德拉,你好吗?…挺好的。罗比刚去商店,很快就回来。他说会给你回电话。…哦,我明白了…嗯,可以的。

Ellen: Well, do you have the phone number there? ... Oh ... I see.... Please, I know he wants to talk to you.... Thank you, and happy Thanksgiving to you and your family, too. Try to come by later for dessert.... Bye.

那你有那边的电话号码吗?…哦,我明白… 拜托了,我知道他很想和你说话… 谢谢,也祝你和家人感恩节快乐。晚点尽量过来吃甜点吧 …再见。

Ellen: [ To Philip ] That was Alexandra. She and the Molinas are going to spend Thanksgiving with their cousins. She doesn't have the phone number.

是亚力山德拉打来的。她和莫利那一家要去亲戚家过感恩节,她没有那边的电话号码。

Philip: Oh, Robbie will be disappointed.

哦,罗比肯定会失望的。

Ellen: He'll be grouchy.  Maybe she'll call back. She promised.

他肯定会闹情绪的。也许她会再打来,她答应过的。

[ He returns from the store. ]

Robbie: Here's your cinnamon, Pop. It was a dollar and sixty cents. You forgot to ask me for the change. 

这是你要的肉桂粉,爸爸,一共一块六。你刚才没问我要找零。

Philip: Or did you forget to give it to me?

还是你忘了找给我?

[ Robbie gives him the change. Philip puts it in his pocket. ]

Philip: Thanks, Son.

谢谢你,儿子。

Ellen: Alexandra called.

亚力山德拉刚打过电话。

Robbie: I'll call her back.

我给她回个电话。

Ellen: She said she'll call you later. She's not at home.

她说等会儿再打给你,她现在不在家。

[ Robbie dials Alexandra's telephone number anyway. She doesn't answer. ]

Philip: You should have your breakfast, Son. Make you feel better. Protein, vitamins.

你先吃点早饭吧,儿子,这样会舒服点。补充点蛋白质和维生素。

Robbie: She said she'll call back?

她说会再打来吗?

Ellen: Yes, she did.

是的,她说过。

[ He enters the kitchen. ]

Grandpa: Good morning, everyone! Happy Turkey Day! What's wrong?

大家早上好!感恩节快乐!怎么了?

Robbie: Nothing. [ angry ] Absolutely nothing. [ He leaves the room. ]

没怎么。真的一点事儿都没有!

Grandpa: What's gotten into him?

他这是怎么了?

Ellen: He missed a phone call. 

他错过了一个电话。

Grandpa: From ...?

是谁打来的?

Philip: Yes, Alexandra.

是的,亚力山德拉。

Grandpa: It's nice to see young love.... Oh, to be young again! Where's the coffee?

年轻人的恋爱真美好啊 …噢,真想重回年轻时代!咖啡在哪儿呢?

单词列表

15
Thanksgiving/ ˌθæŋksˈɡɪvɪŋ /n. 感恩节
famous */ ˈfeɪməs /adj. 最拿手的
ingredients/ ɪnˈɡriːdiənts /n. (食材)原料
besides/ bɪˈsaɪdz /adv. 除了
walnut/ ˈwɔːlnʌt /n. 核桃
cinnamon/ ˈsɪnəmən /n. 桂皮
cabinet */ ˈkæbɪnət /n. 储物柜
rack/ ræk /n. 架子(the spice rack 调味品架)
dill/ dɪl /n. 茴香
grouchy/ ˈɡraʊtʃi /adj. 不高兴的
promised/ ˈprɒmɪst /v. 保证;承诺
dial/ ˈdaɪəl /v. 拨号
protein/ ˈprəʊtiːn /n. 蛋白质
vitamin/ ˈvɪtəmɪn /n. 维生素
absolutely */ ˈæbsəluːtli /adv. 绝对地