Episode 5 The Right Magic ACT III钓鱼秘诀 第三幕

[ A few minutes later. Robbie returns with Philip's medical bag. Philip is trying to save the boy's life. ]

Robbie: Here's the bag. Will he be OK, Dad?

包拿来了。他会没事吧,爸爸?

Philip: I hope so. [ to Albert ] That's it. That's the way. That's it. There. Oh, it's going to be all right. That's it. [ to Grandpa ] Wrap him in the blanket, Dad! [ to Albert ] That's it. That's it. It's all right, Albert. You're going to be OK.

希望没事。对,就这样。很好,就这样。好了,没事了。对,就这样。爸,用毯子把他裹起来!对,就这样。没事了,阿尔伯特,你会好的。

Albert: I want my daddy!

我要找我爸爸!

Philip: We'll take you to him. Easy now. Easy does it. That's it.

我们带你去找他。慢一点,别紧张,就这样。

[ Outside the lodge a little later. ]

Grandpa: Your dad is quite a guy.

你爸爸真厉害。

Robbie: I know, Grandpa.

我知道,爷爷。

[ Philip comes out of the lodge. Albert's father is with him. ]

Grandpa: How is he, Philip?

他怎么样了,菲利普?

Philip: He's asleep. He's going to be fine.

他睡着了,会没事的。

Albert's Dad: How can I thank all of you?

我该怎么感谢你们?

Philip: Thank my son Robbie. He pulled him out of the water.

要谢就谢我儿子罗比,是他把孩子从水里救上来的。

Albert's Dad: I'm very grateful, Robbie.

罗比,真的非常感谢你。

Robbie: Dad saved him, not me.

是爸爸救了他,不是我。

Albert's Dad: I'm so thankful to all of you. [ He shakes their hands and leaves. ]

真的非常感谢你们大家。

Philip: So long.

再会。

Grandpa: He's a lucky boy. Well, what do you say we get back to our fishing?

这孩子真走运。那我们继续钓鱼吧?

Philip: That's a great idea. [ His beeper sounds. ] Uh-oh. It's probably the hospital. I have to get to a phone. It probably means we can't stay.

好主意。哎呀,可能是医院。我得去找个电话,看来我们得走了。

Robbie: That's OK.

没关系。

[ Philip goes into the lodge to telephone the hospital. A few minutes later, he returns. ]

Philip: One of my patients has a high fever, and I have to go to the hospital. I'm sorry, Robbie. I guess I ruined your day.

我有个病人发高烧,我得赶去医院。对不起,罗比,我大概把你这一天都给搞砸了。

Robbie: You didn't ruin my day, Dad. I understand. I really do.

没有,你没有搞砸,爸爸。我能理解,真的。

[ In the Stewarts' kitchen later that day. Ellen is cooking. Grandpa and Robbie enter. ]

Ellen: Why are you back so early?

你们怎么这么早就回来了?

Grandpa: Philip had to go back to the hospital. 

菲利普得回医院一趟。

Robbie: He had an emergency.

他有急事。

Ellen: Oh, that's too bad, Robbie. Did it spoil your fun?

哦,那太可惜了,罗比。没扫你的兴吧?

Robbie: No, Mom. We had a great time.

没有,妈妈。我们玩得很开心。

Ellen: Well, did you do any fishing?

那你们钓到鱼了吗?

Robbie: Yeah, we caught lots of them. Look! [ He empties a bag onto the table. ] They had a special on frozen fish down at the supermarket.

当然,钓到很多呢。看!超市里的冷冻鱼正好在做特价。

Ellen: [ She lifts the bag.] Oh, you really had a bad day.

哦,你们这一天可真够“精彩”的。

Grandpa: We had a good day. Robbie pulled a boy out of the water.

我们过得挺不错。罗比还从水里救了个孩子。

Robbie: And Dad saved his life. He's a terrific doctor, Mom.

而且是爸爸救了他的命。爸爸真是个了不起的医生,妈妈。

Ellen: I know.

我知道。

[ In the Stewarts' kitchen that night. Grandpa and Robbie are doing the dishes. ]

Philip: Hi, Pop. Hi, Son.

嗨,爸。嗨,儿子。

Robbie: Hello, Dad.

你好,爸爸。

Philip: What a day!

今天真够累的!

Grandpa: How about a cup of coffee, Son?

来杯咖啡怎么样,儿子?

Philip: I'd love a cup of coffee.

好啊,我正想来一杯。

Robbie: How was the patient?

病人怎么样了?

Philip: She'll be fine.

她会没事的。

Robbie: Was it serious?

严重吗?

Philip: No.

不严重。

Robbie: Until today, I was never really interested in medicine.

直到今天,我才真正对医学产生兴趣。

Philip: Well, it's hard work.

不过,这行很辛苦。

Robbie: Now I know.

现在我知道了。

Philip: [ He pats Robbie on the back. ] I had a good time today, Robbie.

今天我过得很开心,罗比。

Robbie: Me, too.

我也是。

Philip: Why don't we do it again?

要不我们再来一次?

Robbie: Can we? When?

真的可以吗?什么时候?

Philip: How about next Saturday?

下周六怎么样?

Robbie: Won't you be busy?

你不会很忙吗?

Philip: I'm changing my schedule. Well, do we have a date?

我把时间调整一下。那就这么说定了?

Robbie: We sure do, Dad. Grandpa, can you come?

当然说定了,爸爸。爷爷,你也来吗?

Grandpa: I have other plans, Robbie. But I think you two can have a good time together without me.

我另有安排,罗比。不过你们俩自己也能玩得很开心。

Philip: No, Dad, and certainly not without the right magic.

那不行,爸。要是没了你的“那一套魔法”可绝对钓不到鱼。
11个相关单词

与课文关联的单词

grateful

/ˈɡreɪtf(ə)l/adj. 感谢的,感激的

thankful

/ˈθæŋkfl/adj. 感谢的,感激的

beeper

/ˈbiːpə(r)/n. 传呼机(B.P机)

fever *

/ˈfiːvə(r)/n. 发烧,发热

ruined

/ˈruːɪnd/v. 毁坏

emergency *

/ɪˈmɜːdʒənsi/n. 紧急情况

frozen

/ˈfrəʊz(ə)n/adj. 冷冻的

down *

/daʊn/adj. 便宜的,低廉的

pat *

/pæt/v. 轻拍

schedule *

/ˈʃedjuːl/n. 计划(表)

plan *

/plæn/n. (详细)规划
笔记更新中
当您看到了此提示,说明本课笔记还在正在努力更新中...
救人 更新于:2026-05-01 03:03:47

I hope so.我希望如此。

hope so 希望如此 / 但愿如此

  • "Will it be sunny tomorrow?" "I hope so." “明天会放晴吗?”“但愿如此。”
  • I hope so, because I've put a lot of effort into this. 我希望是这样,因为我为此付出了很多努力。
  • We all hope so for the sake of the team. 为了团队,我们都希望事情是那样的。
I hope not 我不希望那样"Will we be late?" "I hope not." “我们会迟到吗?”“希望不会。”
Fingers crossed 祈求好运Fingers crossed that everything goes well. 祈祷一切顺利。

Wrap him in the blanket, Dad!爸,用毯子把他裹起来!

wrap in 包裹 / 覆盖

  • Please wrap the gift in colorful paper. 请用彩纸把礼物包起来。
  • She wrapped herself in a thick coat against the cold. 她裹上一件厚大衣来御寒。
  • The mountain peak was wrapped in mist. 山顶笼罩在薄雾之中。
Cover with 覆盖 / 盖上Cover the food with a lid to keep it warm. 把食物盖上盖子保温。
Enclose 围住 / 封入Please enclose the check in the envelope. 请将支票装入信封。

Easy does it.慢慢来。 / 稳着点儿。

Easy does it 慢慢来 / 小心点 / 别急

  • Easy does it! The stairs are very slippery. 小心点儿!楼梯很滑。
  • Now, just slide the key in... easy does it. 现在,把钥匙滑进去……稳着点。
  • Easy does it, don't let the baby wake up. 轻点儿,别把宝宝吵醒了。
Take it easy 别紧张 / 慢慢来Take it easy, we have plenty of time. 别着急,咱们时间充裕。
Carefully 小心地Handle the box carefully, it's fragile. 小心搬动箱子,它是易碎品。

Your dad is quite a guy.你爸真是个了不起的人。

quite a... 相当不寻常的 / 真是个...

  • That was quite a surprise for everyone. 那对大家伙儿来说真是个不小的惊喜。
  • It's quite a long way from here to the station. 从这儿到车站路可不近。
  • She is quite a singer, isn't she? 她唱得真不赖,不是吗?
Real... 真正的 / 实在的He's a real hero in our community. 他是我们社区真正的英雄。
Some... (非正式)了不起的That was some party last night! 昨晚那派对真是绝了!

He pulled him out of the water.他把他从水里救了出来。

pull out of 从...中拉出 / 退出

  • The doctor pulled the splinter out of my finger. 医生把我手指里的刺拔了出来。
  • The driver pulled out of the parking space. 司机把车从车位里开了出来。
  • He had to pull out of the race due to injury. 他因为受伤不得不退出比赛。
Rescue from 从...中营救Firemen rescued the cat from the burning building. 消防员从起火的楼里救出了那只猫。
Extract 取出 / 提取(更正式)The dentist had to extract the bad tooth. 牙医不得不拔掉那颗坏牙。

What do you say we get back to our fishing?咱们回去接着钓鱼怎么样?

What do you say...? 你觉得...怎么样? / 要不咱们...?

  • What do you say we go out for dinner? 咱们出去吃晚饭怎么样?
  • What do you say to a trip to the beach? 去海边玩一趟你觉得如何?
  • It's getting late, what do you say we call it a day? 天不早了,要不咱们今天就到这儿?
How about...? ...怎么样?How about trying that new sushi place? 去试试那家新出的寿司店怎么样?
Why don't we...? 咱们为什么不...?Why don't we take a shortcut? 咱们干嘛不走近路呢?

It probably means we can't stay.这大概意味着咱们没法待下去了。

get back to 回到 / 重新开始

  • Let's get back to work before the boss sees us. 趁老板还没看见,咱们赶紧回去干活。
  • I need to get back to my studies after the break. 假期结束后我得重新投入学习了。
  • I'll get back to you on that question tomorrow. 那个问题我明天再给你答复。
Return to 回到Please return to your seats. 请回到座位上。
Resume 继续 / 恢复The meeting will resume after lunch. 会议将在午餐后继续。
背后评价别人 更新于:2026-05-01 03:04:49

I guess I ruined your day. 我想我把你这一天都给毁了。

ruin 毁掉 / 破坏

  • The rain ruined our plans for a picnic. 这场雨把我们的野餐计划给毁了。
  • Don't let one bad grade ruin your mood. 别让一次不理想的分数毁了你的心情。
  • One mistake ruined the whole project. 一个小错搞砸了整个项目。
Spoil 搞砸 / 宠坏I don't want to spoil the surprise. 我不想破坏这个惊喜。
Mess up 搞砸 / 弄乱I really messed up the interview. 我面试确实搞砸了。

I understand. I really do. 我理解,真的。

I really do (understand) 强调肯定的语气

  • I really do love this city. 我是真的爱这座城市。
  • I really do appreciate everything you've done. 我是真的很感激你所做的一切。
  • She really does want to help. 她是真心想帮忙。
Emphasis with 'do' 使用 do/does/did 强调I did finish my homework! 我真的把作业写完了!
Absolutely 绝对地 / 确实I absolutely agree with you. 我绝对同意你的看法。

He had an emergency. 他有急诊(突发紧急情况)。

emergency 紧急情况 / 突发事件

  • In case of emergency, break the glass. 如遇紧急情况,请击碎玻璃。
  • The doctor was called away for an emergency. 医生因急诊被叫走了。
  • This is a medical emergency! 这是医疗紧急状况!
Urgent 紧迫的I have an urgent message for you. 我有条紧急消息要传达给你。
Critical 关键的 / 危急的The patient is in critical condition. 病人目前情况危急。

Did it spoil your fun? 扫了你们的兴吗?

spoil 破坏...的乐趣 / 扫兴

  • Don't tell me the ending, you'll spoil the movie for me! 别告诉我结局,你会让我看电影没劲的!
  • The argument spoiled the evening. 争吵扫了大家晚上的兴致。
  • Too many cooks spoil the broth. (谚语)厨师多了烧坏汤 / 人多手杂。

They had a special on frozen fish. (超市里的)冷冻鱼搞特价。

have a special on 正在搞特价 / 有优惠活动

  • The supermarket has a special on apples this week. 超市这周苹果搞特价。
  • What's the special of the day? 今天的特色菜/今日特价是什么?
  • I bought these clothes while they were on special. 我是在打特价的时候买的这些衣服。
On sale 减价 / 促销These laptops are on sale right now. 这些笔记本电脑现在正促销呢。
Discount 折扣Can I get a discount? 能打个折吗?

He's a terrific doctor. 他是个了不起的医生。

terrific 极好的 / 了不起的 / 巨大的

  • You look terrific in that dress! 你穿这件裙子美呆了!
  • We had a terrific time at the party. 我们在派对上玩得特别开心。
  • The news gave me a terrific shock. 这消息给了我巨大的震惊。
Wonderful / Amazing 极好的The view from the top is amazing. 山顶的景色美极了。
Great 棒的 / 伟大的He is a great leader. 他是个伟大的领袖。
后续过程 更新于:2026-05-01 03:05:45

What a day! 这一天过得可真够呛! / 真是不寻常的一天!

What a day! (感叹句)表示这一天过得很忙、很累或很有意义

  • Phew! What a day! I'm exhausted. 呼!这一天累死我了。
  • We won the game and I got promoted. What a day! 我们赢了比赛,我还升职了。真是完美的一天!
  • What a day it has been, with all these unexpected meetings. 开了这么多突如其来的会,今天过得真够受的。
What a mess! 真是一团糟!You left the kitchen in what a mess! 你把厨房搞得乱七八糟的!
Long day 漫长/辛苦的一天I've had a long day. I just want to sleep. 我过了一整天,累坏了,只想睡觉。

I'd love a cup of coffee. 我很想喝杯咖啡。

I'd love... (I would love) 委婉、礼貌地表达“想要”

  • I'd love a glass of cold water, please. 请给我来杯冰水。
  • I'd love to join you, but I have to work. 我很想加入你们,但我得工作。
  • I'd love some feedback on my new project. 我很希望听听对我新项目的反馈意见。
I'd like... (常用)我想要...I'd like a window seat, please. 我想要一个靠窗的位子。
Feel like... (口语)想做...I feel like a pizza tonight. 我今晚想吃披萨。

I was never really interested in medicine. 我以前对医学从来都不怎么感兴趣。

be interested in 对...感兴趣

  • Are you interested in learning how to code? 你对学编程感兴趣吗?
  • She has always been interested in history. 她一直对历史很感兴趣。
  • I'm not interested in what they think. 我对他们的想法没兴趣。
Take an interest in 对...产生兴趣He started to take an interest in photography. 他开始对摄影产生兴趣。
Be into (口语)很喜欢/痴迷于I'm really into sci-fi movies lately. 我最近特别迷科幻电影。

Why don't we do it again? 咱们下次再(一起去钓鱼)怎么样?

Why don't we...? 提议、建议(语气比 Let's 更委婉)

  • Why don't we take a break? 咱们休息一会儿怎么样?
  • Why don't we meet at 7:00? 咱们7点见如何?
  • Why don't we try a different approach? 咱们为什么不试试别的方法呢?
Shall we...? 我们要不要...?(更正式)Shall we dance? 我们要跳支舞吗?
How about...? ...怎么样?How about next Sunday? 下周日怎么样?

Do we have a date? 咱们说定了吗? / 咱们约好了吗?

have a date 在此语境下指“约好时间”,非浪漫约会

  • "Let's meet tomorrow." "OK, do we have a date?" “咱们明天见吧。”“行,那说定了吗?”
  • I have a date with the dentist at 3 PM. 我和牙医约好了下午三点见面。
  • "Saturday at the park?" "It's a date!" “周六公园见?”“一言为定!”

I have other plans. 我有别的安排了。

have other plans 已有安排(通常用于委婉拒绝邀请)

  • I'd love to come, but I already have other plans. 我很想去,但我已经有别的安排了。
  • If you have other plans, we can reschedule. 如果你有别的安排,咱们可以改天。
  • Sorry, I have other plans for the weekend. 抱歉,我周末已经有打算了。
Be tied up (口语)忙得不可开交/抽不开身I'm tied up all afternoon. 我整个下午都抽不出时间。
Busy with... 忙于...I'm busy with a new project. 我正忙着一个新项目。

...not without the right magic. ……没有那种“神奇的魔法”可不行。

the right magic 在此指“诀窍”、“秘诀”或爷爷钓鱼时的那种“魔力”

  • He has the right magic to make people laugh. 他有一种能让大家开怀大笑的神奇魔力。
  • What's the magic behind your success? 你成功的秘诀是什么?
  • The recipe needs the right magic to taste authentic. 这个食谱需要一点“独门秘籍”才能做得地道。
The secret ingredient 秘密成分 / 诀窍Hard work is the secret ingredient. 努力工作就是成功的秘诀。
The knack 窍门 / 本领She has the knack of getting what she wants. 她有本事得到她想要的东西。