Episode 4 A Piece of Cake ACT III小菜一牒 第三幕

[ In the Stewarts' kitchen a little later. Richard is drinking a soda. Marilyn is writing a grocery list. ]

Marilyn: [ counting... ] Grandpa, Ellen, Philip, Robbie, you and me. That's six steaks.

爷爷、埃伦、菲利普、罗比、你和我,一共六份牛排。

Richard: Don't forget Susan.

别忘了苏珊。

Marilyn: Seven steaks. Cooking dinner for the entire family is not so easy.

得买七块牛排。给全家做晚饭可不轻松。

Marilyn: [ She points to her list. ] The shopping: the salad: tomatoes, lettuce, cucumbers, and onions. The main course: steak and potatoes.

购物清单:沙拉——西红柿、生菜、黄瓜、洋葱;主菜——牛排和土豆。

Marilyn: Richard, how much broccoli do I need for seven people?

理查德,七个人要买多少西兰花?

Richard: Marilyn, I have to tell you something. At today's exercise class...

玛丽琳,我得跟你说件事。今天上健身课的时候…

Marilyn: Yes, Richard.

说吧,理查德。

Richard: Well, I didn't really exercise.

其实我并没有真正锻炼。

Marilyn: I knew it!

我就知道!

Richard: I wanted to, but Jack Davis needed a photographer. [ He laughs. ] I'm sorry, Marilyn.

我本来想练的,但杰克 • 戴维斯需要摄影师。我很抱歉,玛丽琳。

Marilyn: I don't understand. Did you exercise or not?

我不明白,你到底练了没有?

Richard: No. Instead of exercising, I photographed the class.

没有,我没练,我在给他们拍照。

Marilyn: And you didn't exercise?

那你真的没练?

Richard: No.

是的。

Marilyn: There's another advanced class today at four o'clock. We'll go together.

今天四点还有一节高级班,我们一起去。

Richard: What about the bet?

那打赌呢?

Marilyn: Oh, the bet is still on, but you shop for the groceries. Remember, you win, and I cook dinner for the entire family.

打赌还算数,不过你去买菜。记住,你赢了我给全家做饭。

Richard: You win, and I cook dinner for the entire family.

你赢了我给全家做饭。

Marilyn: Including Susan. Four o'clock at the advanced exercise class. With me.

包括苏珊。四点去上高级班,跟我一起。

[ They shake hands and laugh. ]


[ Later, at the aerobics class. Marilyn and Richard are exercising to music. They are following the instructor's and Jack's directions. ]

Jack: Don't forget to breathe.

别忘了呼吸。

Instructor: Skip, hop, front.  Twist... again.... OK, now... scissors.

跳一下,蹦一下,向前。扭动 … 再来 … 好,现在 … 剪刀式跳跃。

Richard: This is fun. It's a piece of cake.

挺有意思的,太轻松了。

Marilyn: Yeah. Just wait.

是啊,你等着看吧。

Instructor: 5, 6, 7, go right, 1, 2, back, 2, 3 , 1, 2, 3, pony, pony... 1, 2, 3, kick... 1, 2, 3, kick... pony. And twist, twist.

5、6、7,向右,1、2,向后,2、3,1、2、3,波尼跳(小跑步),波尼步 … 1、2、3,踢……1、2、3,踢 … 小跑步,扭一扭,扭一扭。

Jack: OK. Let's pick up the pace.

好,加快节奏。

[ Richard is getting tired. ]

Marilyn: How are you doing, Richard?

怎么样,理查德?

Richard: I can barely move.

我都快动不了了。

Instructor: 2, 3, 4, front. Now we're going to run it off. Front... knees up, knees up.

2、3、4,向前。现在开始跑起来。向前 … 抬膝,抬膝。

Jack: OK. Finish off by jogging in place. OK. Keep those knees up. All right. That's it for today. Thank you, everyone. See you next week.

好,最后原地慢跑。好,膝盖抬高。行了,今天就到这里。谢谢大家,下周见。

Richard: [ to Marilyn ] Thank you, Jack, but no thank you.

谢谢你,杰克,但我心领了,再也不想来了。

Marilyn: The advanced exercise class is not so easy, huh?

高级班没那么轻松吧?

[ Richard slowly falls to the floor. ]

Richard: No, no, you were right. I was wrong.

不不,你说得对,是我错了。

Marilyn: Come on, Richard. Get up. Let's go. You have to cook dinner for the entire family.

快点,理查德,起来,走吧。你还得给全家做晚饭呢。

Richard: Marilyn, I'm exhausted. I can't move.

玛丽琳,我累坏了,动不了了。

Marilyn: Oh, you'll do it. It's a piece of cake. [ She snaps her fingers. ]

噢,你行的。这不就是小菜一碟嘛。

Jack: Excuse me, Richard, Marilyn.

打扰一下,理查德,玛丽琳。

Richard: You are a terrific instructor, Jack.

你真是个很棒的教练,杰克。

Jack: Thanks. But I have a question. Is this your very first advanced aerobics class?

谢谢。不过我有个问题,这是你第一次上高级有氧课吗?

Richard: [ He laughs. ] Yes, it is.

是的,第一次。

Jack: You are in great shape, Richard. Very few people last in this class for the full hour the very first time.

理查德,你身体底子真不错。很少有人第一次来上高级班就能坚持满一小时的。

Marilyn: It's true. You are in great shape.

确实,你状态很好。

Richard: Thanks!

承蒙夸奖!

Marilyn: I think we'll cook dinner together.

我看我们还是一起做晚饭吧。

[ They smile and kiss. ]

15个相关单词

与课文关联的单词

grocery

/ˈɡrəʊsəri/n. 食品杂货店

steak

/steɪk/n. 牛排

cucumber

/ˈkjuːkʌmbə(r)/n. 黄瓜

onion

/ˈʌnjən/n. 洋葱

broccoli

/ˈbrɒkəli/n. 西兰花

shop *

/ʃɒp/v. 购买

breathe

/briːð/v. (深)呼吸

hop

/hɒp/v. 跳跃

scissors

/ˈsɪzəz/n. 剪式跳法

pony

/ˈpəʊni/n. 小马步

pick up *

/pɪk ʌp/v. 增加,提高

barely

/ˈbeəli/adv. 几乎不

jogging

/ˈdʒɒɡɪŋ/n. 慢跑

very *

/ˈveri/adv. (强调)确实

shape *

/ʃeɪp/n. 状况
笔记更新中
当您看到了此提示,说明本课笔记还在正在努力更新中...
请客预算 更新于:2026-04-30 09:24:43

Don't forget Susan. 别忘了苏珊。

don't forget 别忘了

  • Don't forget to lock the door when you leave. 出门别忘了锁门。
  • Please don't forget your umbrella; it's going to rain. 别忘了带伞,天要下雨了。
  • Don't forget that we have a meeting at ten. 别忘了咱们十点有个会。
Keep in mind 记住 / 别忘了Keep in mind that the deadline is tomorrow. 记住截止日期是明天。
Bear in mind 牢记 / 考虑到Bear in mind that he is still a beginner. 别忘了,他还是个新手。

Cooking dinner for the entire family is not so easy. 给全家人做晚饭可没那么简单。

entire family 全家人

  • The entire family gathered for the reunion. 全家人都聚在一起参加团圆会。
  • I need to find a house big enough for my entire family. 我得找个足够大的房子,好住下我们全家人。
  • The entire family loves going to the beach. 全家人都喜欢去海边。
The whole family 全家人The whole family went to the movies. 全家人都去看电影了。
Everyone in the family 家里的每个人Everyone in the family agreed with the plan. 家里的每个人都同意这个计划。

Richard, how much broccoli do I need for seven people? 理查德,七个人吃的话我需要买多少西兰花?

how much (提问不可数名词)多少

  • How much sugar would you like in your coffee? 你咖啡里想加多少糖?
  • I don't know how much money I spent. 我不知道我花了多少钱。
  • How much time do we have left? 我们还剩多少时间?
How many 多少(提问可数名词)How many apples did you buy? 你买了几个苹果?
To what extent 在何种程度上To what extent do you agree with him? 你在多大程度上同意他的观点?

Marilyn, I have to tell you something. 玛丽琳,我得跟你说件事儿。

have to 不得不 / 必须

  • I have to go to the bank this afternoon. 我今天下午得去趟银行。
  • You have to see a doctor if you feel sick. 要是觉得不舒服,你得去看医生。
  • We have to finish this project by Friday. 我们必须在周五前完成这个项目。
Must 必须(主观强制力)I must stop smoking. 我必须戒烟了。
Got to (Gotta) 得 / 必须(口语常用)I've got to run now. 我得赶紧走了。

Well, I didn't really exercise. 额,其实我并没有真的锻炼。

really 真正地 / 确实

  • Did you really see him yesterday? 你昨天真的见到他了吗?
  • I'm really sorry for what I said. 对我刚才说的话,我真的很抱歉。
  • That movie was really good. 那部电影确实很棒。
Actually 实际上 / 居然I actually enjoyed the lecture. 实际上我还挺喜欢那个讲座的。
In fact 事实上In fact, I've never been to Paris. 事实上,我从没去过巴黎。

I wanted to, but Jack Davis needed a photographer. 我是想练来着,但杰克·戴维斯需要个摄影师。

want to 想要(做某事)

  • I want to travel around the world. 我想环游世界。
  • Do you want to join us for lunch? 想和我们一起吃午饭吗?
  • She wants to become a professional dancer. 她想成为一名职业舞者。
Feel like 想要(侧重倾向)I feel like eating pizza tonight. 我今晚想吃披萨。
Would like to 想要(更礼貌)I would like to book a room. 我想订个房间。

Instead of exercising, I photographed the class. 我没锻炼,反而给全班拍了照。

instead of 代替 / 而不是

  • I'll have tea instead of coffee. 我不喝咖啡,改喝茶。
  • We stayed home instead of going out. 我们没出门,待在家里了。
  • Try to use honey instead of sugar. 试着用蜂蜜代替糖。
Rather than 而不是I prefer to walk rather than drive. 我宁愿走路也不愿开车。
In place of 代替She was hired in place of her sister. 她被雇佣来顶替她姐姐。

What about the bet? 那赌约怎么办?

What about ...? ……怎么样? / 那……呢?

  • What about your homework? Is it finished? 那你的作业呢?写完了吗?
  • What about meeting at six? 六点见面怎么样?
  • I'm going to the park. What about you? 我要去公园,你呢?
How about ...? ……如何?How about a cup of tea? 喝杯茶如何?
What's the status of ……的情况如何What's the status of the project? 项目进展如何了?

Oh, the bet is still on. 噢,赌约依然有效。

still on 依然有效 / 还没取消

  • The wedding is still on despite the rain. 尽管下雨,婚礼依然照常举行。
  • Is the meeting still on for 3 PM? 三点的会议还没变吧?
  • Our trip to Europe is still on. 我们的欧洲之旅计划没变。
In force 有效的The law is still in force. 这项法律依然有效。
Valid 有效的Your ticket is valid for 24 hours. 你的票24小时内有效。

Remember, you win, and I cook dinner for the entire family. 记住,要是你赢了,全家人的晚饭我来做。

Remember 记得 / 记住

  • Remember to call me when you arrive. 到了记得给我打电话。
  • I don't remember seeing him before. 我不记得以前见过他。
  • Please remember that the shop closes at 8. 请记住商店8点关门。
Recall 回想起来I can't recall his name. 我想不起他的名字了。
Don't forget 别忘了Don't forget your keys. 别忘了带钥匙。
锻炼健身 更新于:2026-04-30 09:26:45

Don't forget to breathe. 别忘了呼吸。

forget to do 忘记去做(某事还没做)

  • Please forget to bring your ID tomorrow. 请记得明天带身份证(此处通常用 remember to,用 forget to 表示“别忘了做”)。
  • Don't forget to turn off the stove. 别忘了关火。
  • I forgot to tell him the news. 我忘了告诉他那个消息了。
Remember to 记得去做Remember to post the letter. 记得把信寄了。
Forget doing 忘记曾做过某事I'll never forget meeting you. 我永远不会忘记与你相遇。

It's a piece of cake. 这简直是小菜一碟。

piece of cake 极容易的事 / 轻松的事

  • The exam was a piece of cake. 考试太容易了。
  • Fixing this bike will be a piece of cake. 修这辆自行车很容易。
  • Don't worry, it's a piece of cake. 别担心,这事儿轻而易举。
Easy as pie 非常简单Learning to bake is easy as pie. 学烘焙容易得很。
A breeze 轻而易举The interview was a breeze. 面试非常顺利。

Let's pick up the pace. 咱们加快点节奏。

pick up the pace 加快速度 / 提升节奏

  • We need to pick up the pace if we want to finish on time. 如果我们想按时完成,就得加快进度。
  • The runner picked up the pace in the last lap. 跑者在最后一圈加快了速度。
  • Let's pick up the pace; the train leaves in ten minutes. 快点儿,火车十分钟后就开了。
Speed up 加速Can you speed up a little? 你能再快点吗?
Step it up 加大力度/加快速度We need to step it up to beat the competition. 我们需要加把劲才能赢得竞争。

I can barely move. 我几乎动弹不得。

barely 仅仅 / 几乎不

  • I barely had time to catch my breath. 我几乎没时间喘口气。
  • He could barely speak because of the cold. 他冻得几乎说不出话来。
  • There was barely any food left in the fridge. 冰箱里几乎没剩什么吃的了。
Hardly 几乎不I hardly know him. 我几乎不认识他。
Scarcely 几乎不 / 简直不I had scarcely started when he interrupted. 我刚开始他就打断了我。

Finish off by jogging in place. 最后以原地慢跑结束。

finish off 完成 / 结束

  • We finished off the meal with some coffee. 我们最后喝了点咖啡结束了这顿饭。
  • I need to finish off this report before I go home. 我回家前得把这份报告收个尾。
  • The team finished off their opponents in the final minutes. 球队在最后几分钟彻底击败了对手。
Wrap up 圆满结束Let's wrap up the meeting now. 咱们现在结束会议吧。
Conclude (正式)结束The show concluded with a firework display. 演出以烟花表演结束。

You were right. I was wrong. 你是对的,我错了。

be right / be wrong 是对的 / 是错的

  • You were right about the weather; it's raining now. 你对天气的预测是对的,现在果然下雨了。
  • I realized I was wrong to judge him so quickly. 我意识到我这么快评价他是错的。
  • Is it right or wrong to keep a secret? 保守秘密是对还是错?
Correct 正确的(更正式)That is the correct answer. 那是正确答案。
Mistaken 搞错了的I think you are mistaken about the date. 我觉得你把日期记错了。

I'm exhausted. I can't move. 我累瘫了。动不了了。

exhausted 精疲力竭的 / 极其疲倦的

  • I was exhausted after the ten-mile hike. 徒步十英里后,我精疲力竭。
  • The exhausted runners collapsed at the finish line. 疲惫不堪的跑者在终点线倒下了。
  • She felt exhausted from working double shifts. 连续值两个班让她感到心力交瘁。
Worn out 极疲倦的(口语)I'm completely worn out. 我完全累垮了。
Spent 精力耗尽的By the end of the day, I was spent. 到了一天结束的时候,我一点力气也没了。

Very few people last in this class for the full hour the very first time. 很少有人能在第一次课就坚持满一整小时。

last 坚持 / 维持 / 持续

  • The battery will last for about five hours. 电池大约能维持五小时。
  • I don't think I can last much longer without water. 我觉得没水我坚持不了多久。
  • The storm lasted all night. 暴风雨持续了一整夜。
Hold out 坚持到底How long can they hold out against the enemy? 他们能抵御敌人多久?
Endure 忍受 / 持久He had to endure many hardships. 他不得不忍受许多艰难困苦。

I think we'll cook dinner together. 我想我们要一起做晚饭。

cook dinner together 一起做饭

  • They enjoy cooking dinner together on weekends. 他们喜欢在周末一起做晚饭。
  • Let's cook dinner together tonight. 今晚咱们一起做饭吧。
  • Cooking dinner together is a great way to bond. 一起做饭是增进感情的好方法。
Jointly 共同地 / 联合地The project was jointly managed by two departments. 该项目由两个部门共同管理。
In cooperation with 与...合作He worked in cooperation with the police. 他与警方合作开展工作。