Episode 4 A Piece of Cake ACT III

小菜一牒 第三幕

Watch the video then answer the question: Who's going to cook dinner tonight?

[ In the Stewarts' kitchen a little later. Richard is drinking a soda. Marilyn is writing a grocery list. ]

Marilyn: [ counting... ] Grandpa, Ellen, Philip, Robbie, you and me. That's six steaks.

爷爷、埃伦、菲利普、罗比、你和我,一共六份牛排。

Richard: Don't forget Susan.

别忘了苏珊。

Marilyn: Seven steaks. Cooking dinner for the entire family is not so easy.

得买七块牛排。给全家做晚饭可不轻松。

Marilyn: [ She points to her list. ] The shopping: the salad: tomatoes, lettuce, cucumbers, and onions. The main course: steak and potatoes.

购物清单:沙拉——西红柿、生菜、黄瓜、洋葱;主菜——牛排和土豆。

Marilyn: Richard, how much broccoli do I need for seven people?

理查德,七个人要买多少西兰花?

Richard: Marilyn, I have to tell you something. At today's exercise class...

玛丽琳,我得跟你说件事。今天上健身课的时候…

Marilyn: Yes, Richard.

说吧,理查德。

Richard: Well, I didn't really exercise.

其实我并没有真正锻炼。

Marilyn: I knew it!

我就知道!

Richard: I wanted to, but Jack Davis needed a photographer. [ He laughs. ] I'm sorry, Marilyn.

我本来想练的,但杰克 • 戴维斯需要摄影师。我很抱歉,玛丽琳。

Marilyn: I don't understand. Did you exercise or not?

我不明白,你到底练了没有?

Richard: No. Instead of exercising, I photographed the class.

没有,我没练,我在给他们拍照。

Marilyn: And you didn't exercise?

那你真的没练?

Richard: No.

是的。

Marilyn: There's another advanced class today at four o'clock. We'll go together.

今天四点还有一节高级班,我们一起去。

Richard: What about the bet?

那打赌呢?

Marilyn: Oh, the bet is still on, but you shop for the groceries. Remember, you win, and I cook dinner for the entire family.

打赌还算数,不过你去买菜。记住,你赢了我给全家做饭。

Richard: You win, and I cook dinner for the entire family.

你赢了我给全家做饭。

Marilyn: Including Susan. Four o'clock at the advanced exercise class. With me.

包括苏珊。四点去上高级班,跟我一起。

[ They shake hands and laugh. ]


[ Later, at the aerobics class. Marilyn and Richard are exercising to music. They are following the instructor's and Jack's directions. ]

Jack: Don't forget to breathe.

别忘了呼吸。

Instructor: Skip, hop, front.  Twist... again.... OK, now... scissors.

跳一下,蹦一下,向前。扭动 … 再来 … 好,现在 … 剪刀式跳跃。

Richard: This is fun. It's a piece of cake.

挺有意思的,太轻松了。

Marilyn: Yeah. Just wait.

是啊,你等着看吧。

Instructor: 5, 6, 7, go right, 1, 2, back, 2, 3 , 1, 2, 3, pony, pony... 1, 2, 3, kick... 1, 2, 3, kick... pony. And twist, twist.

5、6、7,向右,1、2,向后,2、3,1、2、3,波尼跳(小跑步),波尼步 … 1、2、3,踢……1、2、3,踢 … 小跑步,扭一扭,扭一扭。

Jack: OK. Let's pick up the pace.

好,加快节奏。

[ Richard is getting tired. ]

Marilyn: How are you doing, Richard?

怎么样,理查德?

Richard: I can barely move.

我都快动不了了。

Instructor: 2, 3, 4, front. Now we're going to run it off. Front... knees up, knees up.

2、3、4,向前。现在开始跑起来。向前 … 抬膝,抬膝。

Jack: OK. Finish off by jogging in place. OK. Keep those knees up. All right. That's it for today. Thank you, everyone. See you next week.

好,最后原地慢跑。好,膝盖抬高。行了,今天就到这里。谢谢大家,下周见。

Richard: [ to Marilyn ] Thank you, Jack, but no thank you.

谢谢你,杰克,但我心领了,再也不想来了。

Marilyn: The advanced exercise class is not so easy, huh?

高级班没那么轻松吧?

[ Richard slowly falls to the floor. ]

Richard: No, no, you were right. I was wrong.

不不,你说得对,是我错了。

Marilyn: Come on, Richard. Get up. Let's go. You have to cook dinner for the entire family.

快点,理查德,起来,走吧。你还得给全家做晚饭呢。

Richard: Marilyn, I'm exhausted. I can't move.

玛丽琳,我累坏了,动不了了。

Marilyn: Oh, you'll do it. It's a piece of cake. [ She snaps her fingers. ]

噢,你行的。这不就是小菜一碟嘛。

Jack: Excuse me, Richard, Marilyn.

打扰一下,理查德,玛丽琳。

Richard: You are a terrific instructor, Jack.

你真是个很棒的教练,杰克。

Jack: Thanks. But I have a question. Is this your very first advanced aerobics class?

谢谢。不过我有个问题,这是你第一次上高级有氧课吗?

Richard: [ He laughs. ] Yes, it is.

是的,第一次。

Jack: You are in great shape, Richard. Very few people last in this class for the full hour the very first time.

理查德,你身体底子真不错。很少有人第一次来上高级班就能坚持满一小时的。

Marilyn: It's true. You are in great shape.

确实,你状态很好。

Richard: Thanks!

承蒙夸奖!

Marilyn: I think we'll cook dinner together.

我看我们还是一起做晚饭吧。

[ They smile and kiss. ]

单词列表

15
grocery/ ˈɡrəʊsəri /n. 食品杂货店
steak/ steɪk /n. 牛排
cucumber/ ˈkjuːkʌmbə(r) /n. 黄瓜
onion/ ˈʌnjən /n. 洋葱
broccoli/ ˈbrɒkəli /n. 西兰花
shop */ ʃɒp /v. 购买
breathe/ briːð /v. (深)呼吸
hop/ hɒp /v. 跳跃
scissors/ ˈsɪzəz /n. 剪式跳法
pony/ ˈpəʊni /n. 小马步
pick up */ pɪk ʌp /v. 增加,提高
barely/ ˈbeəli /adv. 几乎不
jogging/ ˈdʒɒɡɪŋ /n. 慢跑
very */ ˈveri /adv. (强调)确实
shape */ ʃeɪp /n. 状况