Episode 5 The Right Magic ACT I钓鱼秘诀 第一幕

[ In the Stewarts' house early Saturday morning. Grandpa is making breakfast as Robbie enters. ]

Robbie: Hi, Grandpa.

嗨,爷爷。

Grandpa: Hi, Robbie.

嗨,罗比。

Robbie: Can I help?

要我帮忙吗?

Grandpa: Yes, indeed. Hand me two eggs from the refrigerator, and I'll make you two fried eggs.

好啊,正好需要。帮我从冰箱拿两个鸡蛋,我给你煎两个。

Robbie: How about some bacon?

要不要来点培根?

Grandpa: I made enough for an army. You going to the baseball game today?  It's a perfect day for it --a little cloudy but nice and warm.

我做了一大堆。你今天去看棒球赛吗?天气正好,有点多云,但挺暖和。

Robbie: Dad and I were planning to go to the game, but he has to work today, and my friends don't want to go.  It's not an important game, anyway.

我本来打算和爸爸一起去看的,但他今天要工作,我朋友也不想去。反正这场比赛也不重要。

Grandpa: Do you have any other plans for the day?

那你今天还有别的安排吗?

Robbie: I'll work on my computer. I have a new math program, and I want to learn how to use it.

我打算研究一下电脑。我有个新的数学软件,想学学怎么用。

Grandpa: Maybe you can teach me how to work on a computer someday.

哪天你教教我怎么用电脑吧。

Robbie: Anytime. It's really easy, but, like anything, you need to work at it, Grandpa.

随时都行。其实很简单,不过跟别的东西一样,得多练,爷爷。

[ They begin to eat breakfast. ]

Robbie: [eating ] This bacon is great. I love crispy bacon.

这培根太好吃了,我就喜欢这种脆的。

Grandpa: Oh, what are you doing tomorrow?

对了,你明天打算干嘛?

Robbie: Nothing much.

没什么特别的。

Grandpa: Well, maybe your dad and I could take you fishing with us.

那也许我和你爸爸可以带你去钓鱼。

Robbie: I'd like that, but ...

我挺想去的,不过…

Grandpa: But what?

不过什么?

Robbie: But Dad is always so busy.

就是爸爸总是太忙了。

Grandpa: Well, can you come fishing with me tomorrow?

那你明天跟我去钓鱼怎么样?

Robbie: Sure, I can.

当然可以。

[ Later that morning. Philip is eating breakfast quickly. He is speaking with Grandpa. ]

Grandpa: Robbie says you can't take him to the game today.

罗比说你今天不能带他去看比赛。

Philip: I really feel bad about it, but they need me at the hospital today, in the children's ward.

我也觉得挺对不起他的,但今天医院那边需要我… 在儿童病房那边。

Grandpa: I understand.

我理解。

Philip: Maybe we can spend some time together next weekend.

也许下个周末我们可以一起待一会儿。

Grandpa: Definitely. We should. You and Robbie and me. Remember our first fishing trip?

当然应该。你、罗比,还有我。还记得我们第一次去钓鱼吗?

Philip: I sure do.... Well, I've got to run, Dad. See you later. [ He leaves. ]

当然记得… 我得先走了,爸。回头见。

[ On the patio later that day. Grandpa is looking at some fishing gear, things he will need for catching fish. Philip enters. ]

Philip: Going fishing?

要去钓鱼吗?

Grandpa: I'm thinking about it.... So, how's work?

正考虑呢… 工作怎么样?

Philip: Oh, the usual problems.

还是老样子,一堆问题。

Grandpa: You're working pretty hard these days.

你这段时间挺辛苦的。

Philip: I guess I am.

好像是挺忙的。

Grandpa: When did you last go fishing with Robbie?

你上次和罗比去钓鱼是什么时候?

Philip: I remember exactly.  It was on his birthday, June second, two years ago. [ He laughs. ] We didn't catch anything.

我记得很清楚,是他两年前的生日,6月2号。我们什么也没钓到。

Grandpa: Remember our fishing trips?

还记得我们以前去钓鱼吗?

Philip: Yes. I loved them.

记得,我特别喜欢。

Grandpa: Remember catching your first fish?

还记得你第一次钓到鱼吗?

Philip: How can I forget? I fell out of the boat! We had some good times together.

怎么会忘?我还掉到船外去了!那段时间真挺开心的。

Grandpa: Yes, we did. Maybe we should do it again.

是啊,要不我们再去一次吧。

Philip: How about tomorrow?

明天怎么样?

Grandpa: Don't you have to work?

你不用上班吗?

Philip: My paper work will wait.

那些报告可以先放一放。

Grandpa: Oh, Robbie will be thrilled. I am, too, Son.

罗比肯定高兴坏了,我也很开心,儿子。

Philip: I want to spend more time with Robbie.

我想多陪陪罗比。

Philip: Tomorrow. It'll be like old times for you and me. And Robbie will love it.

就明天吧,就像我们以前那样,罗比也一定会喜欢。

Philip: Well, what's the weather going to be like?

那明天天气怎么样?

Grandpa: Radio says sunny and mild.

广播说天气温暖舒适。

Philip: Well, I'll tell Robbie. And thanks, Dad.

好,我去告诉罗比。谢谢你,爸。

Grandpa: Don't thank me. I'm just being a grandfather.

别谢我,我只是做爷爷该做的。
8个相关单词

与课文关联的单词

hand *

/hænd/v. 递给...

fried

/fraɪd/v. 油炸的;煎过的

bacon

/ˈbeɪkən/n. 培根

program *

/ˈprəʊɡræm/n. 电脑程序

ward

/wɔːd/n. 病房

patio

/ˈpætiəʊ/n. 露台

pretty *

/ˈprɪti/adv. 相当;很

sunny

/ˈsʌni/adj. 阳光明媚的
笔记更新中
当您看到了此提示,说明本课笔记还在正在努力更新中...
吃早餐 更新于:2026-04-30 11:12:30

Can I help? 需要我帮忙吗?

help 帮助 / 帮忙

  • May I help you with those bags? 需要我帮您提那些袋子吗?
  • She helped me finish my homework. 她帮我完成了作业。
  • I'm always happy to help. 我很乐意帮忙。
Give a hand 帮个忙(口语)Could you give me a hand with this table? 你能帮我抬一下这张桌子吗?
Assist 协助(正式)The nurse assisted the doctor during the surgery. 护士在手术中协助医生。

Hand me two eggs from the refrigerator. 从冰箱里递给我两个鸡蛋。

hand (动词)递给 / 传给

  • Please hand me the salt. 请把盐递给我。
  • He handed the document to his boss. 他把文件递给了老板。
  • Can you hand over that magazine? 你能把那本杂志传过来吗?
Pass 递 / 传Pass the bread, please. 请把面包递过来。
Give Give me the keys. 把钥匙给我。

I 'll make you two fried eggs. 我给你做两个煎蛋。

fried eggs 煎蛋

  • I like my fried eggs sunny-side up. 我喜欢吃单面煎的荷包蛋。
  • He usually has fried eggs and toast for breakfast. 他早餐通常吃煎蛋和吐司。
  • Would you like fried eggs or scrambled eggs? 你是要煎蛋还是炒蛋?
Scrambled eggs 炒鸡蛋I prefer scrambled eggs because they are soft. 我更喜欢炒蛋,因为它们很嫩。
Poached eggs 水煮荷包蛋Poached eggs are a healthier option. 水煮荷包蛋是更健康的选择。

I made enough for an army. 我做的量够一个师吃的。(形容做得非常多)

enough for an army 形容食物量极大

  • My mom always cooks enough for an army on Thanksgiving. 感恩节我妈总是做一堆吃的,够一师人吃的。
  • We have enough for an army, so please help yourselves. 我们准备了非常多的食物,大家尽管吃。
  • Why did you buy so much bread? There's enough for an army! 你怎么买这么多面包?够一个连吃了!
Plenty of 大量的 / 充足的We have plenty of food for everyone. 我们有充足的食物分给每个人。
A ton of 大量的(口语)I have a ton of work to do today. 我今天有一大堆工作要做。

It's a perfect day for it. 今天(打/看球)真是个绝佳的天气。

perfect day 完美的一天 / 绝佳的日子

  • It was a perfect day for a wedding. 那是举行婚礼的绝佳日子。
  • Today is a perfect day to go for a hike. 今天是徒步旅行的完美日子。
  • What a perfect day for a picnic! 野餐的天气真是太棒了!
Ideal day 理想的一天This is the ideal day to start our project. 这是启动我们项目的理想日子。
Beautiful day 美好的一天It's a beautiful day outside. 外面天气真好。

I 'll work on my computer. 我打算玩会儿电脑。

work on 从事 / 忙于 / 在...上操作

  • I'm working on a new book. 我正在写一本新书。
  • He's working on his car in the garage. 他正在车库里修他的车。
  • She spent all night working on the presentation. 她花了一整晚准备演示文稿。
Be busy with 忙于...I'm busy with my homework right now. 我现在正忙着写作业。
Deal with 处理We need to deal with this problem immediately. 我们需要立即处理这个问题。

It's really easy, but, like anything, you need to work at it. 这真的很简单,但就像任何事情一样,你得花心思去练,爷爷。

work at it 努力做某事 / 钻研某事

  • If you want to be a good pianist, you have to work at it every day. 如果你想成为一名优秀的钢琴家,你必须每天练习。
  • Success doesn't come easily; you need to work at it. 成功来之不易,你需要为此努力。
  • Learning a new language is hard, but just keep working at it. 学习一门新语言很难,但只要坚持努力就行。
Put effort into 投入精力You need to put effort into your studies. 你需要在学习上投入精力。
Strive 奋斗 / 努力We must strive for excellence. 我们必须力求卓越。

I love crispy bacon. 我喜欢吃脆培根。

crispy 脆的 / 酥脆的

  • I love the crispy skin of roasted chicken. 我喜欢烤鸡那层脆脆的皮。
  • These potato chips are very crispy. 这些薯片非常脆。
  • The toast was nice and crispy. 这吐司烤得又香又脆。
Crunchy 嘎嘣脆的Fresh carrots are crunchy and sweet. 新鲜的胡萝卜又脆又甜。
Brittle 易碎的 / 脆的Old paper becomes brittle over time. 旧纸张随时间流逝会变得易碎。

I'd like that, but ... 我很想去,但是……

I'd like that 我很乐意 / 我很想(去/做某事)

  • "Would you like to join us for dinner?" "I'd like that very much." “你想和我们一起吃晚饭吗?”“我很乐意。”
  • "Shall we go for a walk?" "Yes, I'd like that." “我们要去散步吗?”“好啊,我想去。”
  • "Would you like to see a movie?" "I'd like that." “你想看电影吗?”“我很想去。”
That sounds good 那听起来不错That sounds good, let's do it. 那听起来不错,咱们就这么办。
I'm up for it 我愿意参加"Who wants to go hiking?" "I'm up for it!" “谁想去远足?”“我愿意去!”
预约活动 更新于:2026-04-30 11:13:28

Robbie says you can't take him to the game today. 罗比说你今天不能带他去看球赛了。

take [somebody] to 带某人去某地

  • Can you take me to the airport tomorrow? 明天你能带我去机场吗?
  • He takes his kids to the park every Sunday. 他每个周日都带孩子们去公园。
  • I'll take you to that new Italian restaurant. 我会带你去那家新开的意大利餐厅。
Bring along 带上某人一起Feel free to bring along a friend. 尽管带个朋友一起来。
Drive [somebody] 开车送某人I can drive you home if you like. 如果你愿意,我可以开车送你回家。

I really feel bad about it. 我真的觉得挺过意不去的。

feel bad about 对……感到内疚/抱歉

  • I feel bad about missing your birthday party. 没参加你的生日派对,我感到很抱歉。
  • Don't feel bad about saying no. 别因为拒绝而感到心里不安。
  • She feels bad about breaking the vase. 她因为打碎了花瓶而感到很难受。
Feel guilty 感到内疚I feel guilty for not helping more. 我因为没能多帮点忙而感到内疚。
Regret 后悔/遗憾I regret not taking his advice. 我后悔没听他的建议。

They need me at the hospital today, in the children's ward. 医院今天需要我去,在儿科病房。

ward 病房/区

  • He is being treated in the maternity ward. 他正在产科病区接受治疗。
  • The ward was clean and quiet. 病房里既干净又安静。
  • Visitors are not allowed in this ward. 该病区谢绝访客。
Clinic 诊所She works at a local dental clinic. 她在当地一家牙科诊所工作。
Emergency room (ER) 急诊室They rushed him to the emergency room. 他们把他火速送往急诊室。

Maybe we can spend some time together next weekend. 也许下周末我们可以一起聚聚。

spend time 花时间/度过时光

  • I love to spend time with my family. 我喜欢和家人一起度过时光。
  • How do you spend your spare time? 你闲暇时间都怎么过?
  • We spent a lot of time working on this project. 我们花了很多时间在这个项目上。
Hang out (非正式)闲逛/聚会We should hang out sometime. 咱们有空应该聚聚。
Kill time 消磨时间I played games to kill time at the airport. 我在机场玩游戏消磨时间。

Remember our first fishing trip? 还记得咱们第一次去钓鱼吗?

fishing trip 钓鱼旅行

  • We are planning a fishing trip this summer. 我们计划今年夏天去钓鱼。
  • He caught a big salmon on his last fishing trip. 他在上次钓鱼旅行中抓到了一条大三文鱼。
  • The fishing trip was cancelled due to the storm. 由于暴风雨,钓鱼计划取消了。
Excursion 短途旅行They went on a day excursion to the mountains. 他们去山里进行了一日游。
Outing 郊游/远足The company organized a staff outing. 公司组织了一次员工郊游。

Well, I've got to run, Dad. 好啦,我得赶紧走了,爸。

have got to run (口语)得走了/得赶快了

  • It's late; I've got to run. 不早了,我得走了。
  • I've got to run or I'll miss the bus. 我得赶紧了,否则就赶不上车了。
  • Sorry, I've got to run to a meeting. 抱歉,我得赶去开个会。
Head out 出发/离开I'm about to head out. 我正准备走。
Take off 离开/动身It's time for me to take off. 我该动身了。
约定活动 更新于:2026-04-30 11:14:35

I'm thinking about it. 我正在琢磨这事儿呢。

think about 考虑 / 思考 / 打算

  • I need some time to think about your proposal. 我需要点时间考虑你的提议。
  • What are you thinking about so deeply? 你刚才在深思什么呢?
  • He's thinking about buying a new car. 他正打算买辆新车。
Consider 考虑We are considering all the options. 我们正在考虑所有的选项。
Ponder 沉思 / 琢磨She pondered the meaning of his words. 她琢磨着他那话的意思。

Oh, the usual problems. 噢,还是那些老毛病/老样子。

the usual 老样子 / 通常的

  • "How's work?" "Oh, the usual." “工作怎么样?”“噢,还是那样。”
  • I'll have the usual, please. (在店里)老样子,照旧。
  • He arrived late, as is the usual with him. 他迟到了,这在他身上是常有的事。
Same old, same old 还是老样子(口语,带无奈感)Life is same old, same old. 生活还是老样子。
As per usual 照例 / 像往常一样The train was late as per usual. 火车照例又晚点了。

When did you last go fishing with Robbie? 你上回跟罗比去钓鱼是什么时候?

go fishing 去钓鱼

  • Let's go fishing this Saturday morning. 咱们这周六早上去钓鱼吧。
  • He loves to go fishing to relax. 他喜欢通过钓鱼来放松。
  • My grandfather used to go fishing every day. 我爷爷以前每天都去钓鱼。
Angling 垂钓(更专业的表达)He is very keen on angling. 他非常热衷于垂钓。
Cast a line 抛线(钓鱼动作代称)We found a nice spot to cast a line. 我们找到了个抛线钓鱼的好地方。

How can I forget? 我哪能忘啊?

How can I ...? (反问句)我怎么会...? / 我哪能...?

  • How can I say no to such a kind offer? 我哪能拒绝这么好心的提议呢?
  • How can I ever thank you enough? 我该怎么感谢你才好呢?
  • How can I trust him after what he did? 在他做了那种事后,我怎么可能还相信他?
I won't forget 我不会忘I won't forget your kindness. 我不会忘记你的好意。
Never in a million years 一辈子都不可能(加强语气)Never in a million years will I forget this trip. 我这辈子都不可能忘记这次旅行。

I fell out of the boat! 我当时直接从船上跌下去了!

fall out of 从...掉出来 / 跌出

  • The baby almost fell out of the bed. 宝宝差点儿从床上翻下来。
  • Be careful not to fall out of the window. 小心别从窗户掉下去。
  • His wallet must have fell out of his pocket. 他的钱包一定是打兜里掉出来了。
Tumble 跌倒 / 滚落He tumbled down the stairs. 他从楼梯上滚了下来。
Slip off 从...滑落The book slipped off the desk. 书从书桌上滑落了。

My paper work will wait. 我那些公事可以先放一放。

paper work 文书工作 / 办公文件

  • I spent the whole afternoon doing paper work. 我整个下午都在处理文件。
  • There is so much paper work involved in buying a house. 买房涉及的文书手续太多了。
  • I hate paper work, but it's necessary. 我讨厌写材料,但那是必须的。
Administrative tasks 行政事务She handles most of the administrative tasks. 她处理大部分行政事务。
Documentation 文件记录The documentation for the project is incomplete. 该项目的文件记录不完整。

Robbie will be thrilled. 罗比一定会乐坏了。

thrilled 欣喜若狂 / 非常激动

  • I'm thrilled to meet my favorite singer. 能见到我最喜欢的歌手,我太激动了。
  • She was thrilled with the birthday present. 她对那份生日礼物简直爱不释手。
  • They were thrilled to hear the good news. 听到那个好消息,他们都乐疯了。
Overjoyed 欣喜若狂They were overjoyed at the birth of their son. 儿子的出生让他们欣喜若狂。
Excited 兴奋The kids are excited about the trip. 孩子们对这次旅行感到很兴奋。

I want to spend more time with Robbie. 我想多花点时间陪陪罗比。

spend time with 花时间陪(某人)

  • You should spend more time with your children. 你应该多花点时间陪孩子。
  • I love spending time with my grandparents. 我喜欢和爷爷奶奶待在一起。
  • He doesn't spend enough time with his friends. 他陪朋友的时间不够。
Keep someone company 陪伴某人I'll stay and keep you company. 我会留下来陪你的。
Hang out with (非正式)和某人混在一起/聚会I'm hanging out with some friends tonight. 今晚我要和几个哥们儿聚聚。

It'll be like old times for you and me. 这会让你我重温旧时光。

like old times 像以前一样 / 像过去的好日子

  • Sitting here talking feels like old times. 坐在这儿聊天感觉又回到了从前。
  • It was like old times when the whole family gathered. 全家人聚在一起时,感觉就像回到了以前。
  • Let's go out and celebrate, just like old times. 咱们出去庆祝一下吧,就像以前那样。
Relive the past 重温过去They met to relive the past. 他们见面是为了重温过去。
Nostalgic 怀旧的The song made her feel very nostalgic. 这首歌让她感到非常怀旧。

What's the weather going to be like? 明天天气会是什么样?

What's ... like? ...怎么样? / ...是什么样子的?

  • What's your new house like? 你的新房子怎么样?
  • What's the food like in that restaurant? 那家餐厅的菜怎么样?
  • What's the weather like in London now? 现在伦敦的天气怎么样?
How is the weather? 天气如何?How is the weather outside? 外面天气怎么样?
Weather forecast 天气预报Check the weather forecast before you go. 出发前先看下天气预报。

Radio says sunny and mild. 收音机里说天气晴朗且暖和。

mild (天气)温和的 / 暖和的 / 不严酷的

  • The winter has been unusually mild this year. 今年的冬天格外暖和。
  • It's a mild spring day. 这是一个和煦的春日。
  • I prefer mild weather to extreme heat. 比起酷暑,我更喜欢温和的天气。
Temperate 温和的 / 适度的The island has a temperate climate. 这个岛屿气候温和。
Pleasant 舒适的 / 宜人的The temperature is quite pleasant today. 今天的温度非常宜人。