Episode 3 Grandpa's Trunk ACT I祖父的行李箱 第一幕

[ In the Stewarts' house one morning. Ellen and Marilyn are preparing breakfast in the kitchen. ]

Ellen: [ She takes the tea kettle off the stove. ] Marilyn, you want coffee or tea?

玛丽琳,你喝咖啡还是喝茶?

Marilyn: Coffee, please.

请给我咖啡。 

Ellen: I am so excited! At this time tomorrow morning, Grandpa will be sitting in the kitchen with us.

我真太激动了!到明天早上的这个时候,你爷爷就会和我们一起坐在这厨房里啦。

Marilyn: When does he arrive?

他什么时候到?

Ellen: At six o'clock this evening.

今天晚上 6 点。

Marilyn: By plane?

是坐飞机吗?

Ellen: No, by train.

不,是坐火车来。

Marilyn: Are we picking him up at the station?

我们要去车站接他吗?

Ellen: Not Grandpa. He doesn't want anybody picking him up. He likes to be independent.

爷爷可不用,他不想要人接,他这人独立惯了。

Marilyn: Huh.

哦。

Ellen: Oh, let's go upstairs and prepare Grandpa's room.

噢,咱们上楼去给爷爷收拾一下房间吧。

Marilyn: Great!  Let's do it!

好啊!走吧。

[ Ellen and Marilyn get up to leave. Richard and Robbie enter the kitchen. ]


Richard: Good morning, Mom.

妈妈,早上好。

Robbie: Morning.

早上好。

Ellen: Well, hi, fellas.

早啊,小伙子们。

Richard: Hello.

早上好!

Marilyn: Hi, honey.

早啊,亲爱的。

Richard & Robbie: Morning, Marilyn.

玛丽琳,早上好。

Marilyn: We are going upstairs to set up Grandpa's room. There's coffee ready.

我们要上楼给爷爷收拾房间了,咖啡已经煮好了。

[ Ellen and Marilyn go upstairs. Richard and Robbie begin to make breakfast. ]


Robbie: I'm really excited about seeing Grandpa.

我一想到要见到爷爷我就超级兴奋。

Richard: Me, too. [ To Robbie ] Milk, please.

我也一样。请把牛奶给我。

Robbie: He's so funny. He always makes me laugh. I hope Grandpa's going to like living with us.

他真逗,总是引我大笑。我希望爷爷会喜欢和我们住在一起。

Richard: I think he will. It just takes time to feel comfortable in a new place.

我想他会喜欢的,只不过需要一段时间才能适应一个新的环境。

Robbie: Won't he miss being in Florida?

他会不会想念佛罗里达?

Richard: Well, he will. But I think he'll like being here with the family.

嗯,他应该会的,但我想他也会乐意在这儿和全家人住一起。

Robbie: Are you sure about that? It's crazy here most of the time.

你确定吗?(咱们家)这儿经常吵吵闹闹的。

Richard: But it's fun.

但很有趣。

Robbie: That's for sure.

说的也是(一点也不假)。

Richard: You know, maybe I'll put together some photos of Grandpa as a "welcome" present.

我说,我可能会把爷爷的一些照片集中起来作为“欢迎”他的一份礼物。

Robbie: That's a neat idea. What can I do? [ He thinks. ]

这主意很妙诶。那我能做点什么呢?

Robbie: I've got it! I have a picture of Grandpa and Dad and me in my wallet. It's from the Fathers and Sons' Breakfast at my junior high school graduation. [ He takes out his wallet and shows the picture to Richard.]

有啦!我皮夹里有一张照片是爷爷、爸爸和我在一起照的。那是在我初中毕业时候的父子早餐会上拍的。

Richard: [ He looks at the picture. ] Oh, I remember this picture.

噢,我还记得那张照片。

Robbie: I'd really like to pick up Grandpa at the railroad station.

我真想去火车站接爷爷。

Richard: Railroad stations or airports --Grandpa always tells us he'll get here by himself.

无论是火车站还是机场 —— 爷爷总是对我们说,他自己会到家的。

Robbie: He's something!

真有个性!

[ Upstairs in the Stewarts' home. Ellen and Marilyn are preparing Grandpa's Room. ]

Marilyn: [ She points to the trunk. ] Is this all Grandpa's stuff?

爷爷的东西都在这儿了吗?

Ellen: That's it. But I'm sure he has a few bags with him on the train.

都在这儿了,不过我肯定他在火车上还带着几个旅行包的。

Marilyn: What's inside?

这箱子里面是什么?

Ellen: I don't know. It's locked.

不知道,锁着呢。

Philip: [ He enters. ] Hi.

早。

Ellen: Oh, hi, darling.

哦,亲爱的,早啊。

Marilyn: Morning, Philip.

早上好,菲利普。

Philip: I want to put some of my good hangers in Grandpa's closet. You know I'm very excited about his arrival.

我想把我的几个好的衣架放到爷爷的衣橱里。你们知道我对他的到来是多么的高兴。

Ellen: We are, too. Susan called early this morning. She's unhappy because she's had to go to Chicago on a business trip and can't leave till tonight. She wants to be here for Grandpa.

我们也一样,苏珊一大早就打来了电话。她有点不高兴,因为她必须出差到芝加哥,而且要到今天晚上才能离开。她想在家等候爷爷回来。

Philip: Well, Grandpa will be disappointed, too. He loves Susan. She always reminds him of Grandma. Well, how's everything here?

嗯,爷爷也会感到失望的。他很爱苏珊,她总是让他想起奶奶。这里准备得怎么样了?

Marilyn: Fine. We were just wondering about this trunk.

差不多了,我们正纳闷这个大箱子里装的是什么。

Ellen: It's locked.

(但)它锁上了。

Philip: Oh. [ He takes a key from his pocket. ] I have the key. Grandpa sent it to me.

哦,我有钥匙,是爷爷寄来给我的。

[ He tries to put the key into the lock of the trunk. ]

17个相关单词

与课文关联的单词

arrival

/əˈraɪv(ə)l/n. 到达

stove

/stəʊv/n. 炉子

fella

/ˈfelə(r)/n. 小伙子

honey

/ˈhʌni/n. 亲爱的

set up

/ˈset ʌp/v. 做准备工作

crazy

/ˈkreɪzi/adj. 疯狂的

junior

/ˈdʒuːniə/adj. 初级的

graduation

/ˌɡrædʒuˈeɪʃ(ə)n/n. 毕业典礼

railroad

/ˈreɪlrəʊd/n. 铁路

stuff *

/stʌf/n. 东西

inside *

/ˌɪnˈsaɪd/n. 内部;里面

locked

/lɒkt/adj. 锁着的

hanger

/ˈhæŋə(r)/n. 衣架

unhappy

/ʌnˈhæpi/adj. 不高兴的

disappointed

/ˌdɪsəˈpɔɪntɪd/adj. 沮丧的

wondering

/ˈwʌndərɪŋ/adj. 好奇的

sent

/sent/v. 发送(send的过去式;过去分词)
笔记更新中
当您看到了此提示,说明本课笔记还在正在努力更新中...
家长里短 更新于:2026-04-27 04:06:46

She takes the tea kettle off the stove. 她把茶壶从炉子上拿了下来。

take off 拿走 / 脱掉 / 起飞

  • Please take your shoes off before entering the room. 进屋前请脱鞋。
  • He took the books off the shelf to clean them. 他把书从书架上拿下来清理。
  • The plane is scheduled to take off at 8:00 AM. 飞机定于上午8点起飞。
Remove 移开 / 去除You should remove the old wallpaper first. 你应该先把旧壁纸撕掉。
Lift off (垂直)升空 / 提起The rocket lifted off successfully. 火箭成功升空。

I am so excited! 我太兴奋了!

excited 兴奋的 / 激动的

  • The kids are so excited about the trip to Disneyland. 孩子们对去迪斯尼乐园的旅行感到非常兴奋。
  • Don't get too excited; we haven't won yet. 别高兴得太早,咱们还没赢呢。
  • I was excited to hear the good news. 听到这个好消息我很激动。
Thrilled 极度兴奋的 / 欣喜若狂I'm thrilled to bits with my new car! 我的新车让我简直乐开了花!
Look forward to 期待I'm looking forward to seeing you again. 我非常期待再次见到你。

At this time tomorrow morning, Grandpa will be sitting in the kitchen with us. 明早这个时候,爷爷就正跟咱们一起坐在厨房里呢。

will be doing 将来进行时(表示将来某时刻正在发生的动作)

  • This time next week, I will be lying on a beach. 下周这个时候,我就正躺在沙滩上呢。
  • Don't phone me at 8:00; I will be driving to work. 8点别给我打电话,我正开车上班呢。
  • They will be having dinner when you arrive. 你到的时候,他们应该正在吃晚饭。
Future Continuous 将来进行时Wait, he will be waiting for you at the gate. 等等,他待会儿会在门口等你的。
Be likely to 很可能He is likely to be sleeping at this hour. 这个点儿他很可能在睡觉。

When does he arrive? 他什么时候到?

arrive 到达(通常指按计划/时刻表到达)

  • What time does the train arrive in London? 火车什么时候到达伦敦?
  • We arrived at the airport just in time. 我们及时赶到了机场。
  • I'll call you as soon as I arrive home. 我一到家就给你打电话。
Get to 到(口语最常用)How can I get to the museum? 我怎么去博物馆?
Reach 抵达(后直接接地点)They didn't reach the summit until dark. 他们直到天黑才到达山顶。

Are we picking him up at the station? 咱们要去车站接他吗?

pick up 接某人 / 捡起 / 习得

  • Can you pick me up at the office after work? 你下班后能去办公室接我吗?
  • I need to pick up the kids from school. 我得去学校接孩子。
  • Wait, let me pick up my keys. 等等,让我捡一下钥匙。
Give someone a lift 捎某人一段I can give you a lift to the station. 我可以带你一程去车站。
Collect (英式)接/取I'm going to collect my dry cleaning. 我要去取我的干洗衣服。

He doesn't want anybody picking him up. 他不想要任何人去接他。

want somebody doing 想要某人处于某种状态或做某事(强调持续感)

  • I don't want you waiting outside in the cold. 我不想让你在外面天寒地冻地等着。
  • The teacher doesn't want anyone talking during the exam. 老师不想让任何人在考试期间说话。
  • She wants things moving as fast as possible. 她希望事情进展得越快越好。
Want somebody to do 想要某人去做某事I want you to finish this by tomorrow. 我想要你明天前完成这个。
Mind 介意Do you mind me smoking here? 你介意我在这儿抽烟吗?

He likes to be independent. 他喜欢自食其力 / 他喜欢独立。

independent 独立的 / 自立的

  • She's a very independent woman who runs her own business. 她是个非常独立的女性,经营着自己的事业。
  • Young people want to be financially independent. 年轻人希望经济独立。
  • Grandpa is still very independent despite his age. 尽管上了年纪,爷爷依然非常自立。
On one's own 靠自己 / 独自地He did the entire project on his own. 他独自完成了整个项目。
Self-sufficient 自给自足的The farm is almost self-sufficient now. 这个农场现在几乎能自给自足了。

Let's go upstairs and prepare Grandpa's room. 咱们上楼把爷爷的房间收拾出来。

prepare 准备 / 预备(常指收拾房间或做菜)

  • We are preparing for the upcoming wedding. 我们正在为即将到来的婚礼做准备。
  • It took all morning to prepare the guest room. 花了一上午才把客房收拾好。
  • She is preparing dinner in the kitchen. 她正在厨房准备晚饭。
Get ready 准备好Hurry up and get ready for school. 快点,准备去上学了。
Set up 布置 / 搭建They set up a temporary office in the living room. 他们在客厅里搭建了一个临时办公室。
期待某人的到来 更新于:2026-04-27 04:07:52

We are going upstairs to set up Grandpa's room. 我们要上楼去布置爷爷的房间。

set up 布置 / 准备 / 安装

  • We need to set up the guest room for the weekend. 我们需要为周末布置一下客房。
  • Can you help me set up my new computer? 你能帮我安装一下新电脑吗?
  • They set up a small table in the garden for tea. 他们在花园里支了一张小桌子喝茶。
Arrange 安排 / 布置She arranged the flowers in a vase. 她把花插在花瓶里布置好了。
Prepare 准备I'll prepare the house for the party. 我会为派对把房子准备好。

He always makes me laugh. 他总是逗我笑。

make someone laugh 逗某人笑

  • That comedian really knows how to make people laugh. 那个喜剧演员真知道怎么逗人笑。
  • You always make me laugh when I'm feeling down. 我心情不好的时候你总是能逗我笑。
  • Stop it! You're making me laugh too much. 别闹了!你把我逗得笑个不停。
Crack someone up 把某人逗乐 / 乐不可支His jokes always crack me up. 他的笑话总是把我逗得乐不可支。
Amuse 使开心 / 逗乐The kids were amused by the clown's tricks. 孩子们被小丑的戏法逗乐了。

I hope Grandpa's going to like living with us. 我希望爷爷会喜欢和我们住在一起。

living with [someone] 与某人同住

  • How do you like living with your roommates? 你觉得和室友住在一起怎么样?
  • I'm not used to living with so many people. 我不习惯和这么多人住在一起。
  • He's been living with his grandparents for a year. 他已经和祖父母住了一年了。
Stay with 借住在... / 和...待在一起I'm staying with my aunt for a few days. 我在姨妈家借住几天。
Share a room 同住一间房I had to share a room with my brother. 我不得不和我弟弟共用一个房间。

It just takes time to feel comfortable in a new place. 在新的地方要住得舒心确实需要点时间。

take time 需要时间 / 花时间

  • Learning a new language takes time and patience. 学习一门新语言需要时间和耐心。
  • It takes time to build trust between people. 建立人与人之间的信任是需要时间的。
  • Don't rush; take your time to finish the work. 别急,慢慢花时间把工作做完。
Need time 需要时间I need some time to think about your offer. 我需要点时间考虑你的提议。
Time-consuming 费时的Research can be a time-consuming process. 研究可能是一个非常费时的过程。

Won't he miss being in Florida? 难道他不会想念在佛罗里达的生活吗?

miss doing [something] 想念做某事

  • Do you miss living in the countryside? 你怀念住在乡下的日子吗?
  • I miss talking to you every day. 我挺怀念每天和你聊天的。
  • She missed going to the cinema with her friends. 她很怀念和朋友们一起去电影院。
Long for 渴望 / 极度怀念He longed for the simple life of his childhood. 他极度怀念童年那简单的生活。
Nostalgic 怀旧的I feel nostalgic when I hear this song. 听到这首歌我感到很怀旧。

Maybe I'll put together some photos as a "welcome" present. 也许我会整理一些照片,作为一份“欢迎”礼物。

put together 整理 / 组合 / 拼凑

  • We need to put together a plan for the project. 我们需要为这个项目整理出一个计划。
  • She put together a beautiful outfit for the party. 她为派对搭出了一身漂亮的衣服。
  • I'm trying to put together the pieces of the puzzle. 我正试着把拼图拼好。
Compile 汇编 / 收集整理The editor compiled all the articles into a book. 编辑把所有文章汇编成了一本书。
Assemble 集合 / 装配It took two hours to assemble the wardrobe. 花了两个小时才把衣柜装好。

I'd really like to pick up Grandpa at the railroad station. 我真的很想去火车站接爷爷。

would like to 想要 / 愿意(委婉表达)

  • I would like to order the steak, please. 我想点一份牛排,谢谢。
  • Would you like to see the menu? 你想看一下菜单吗?
  • They would like to move to a bigger house. 他们想搬到一个大一点的房子里。
Feel like 想要(后接doing)I feel like eating pizza tonight. 我今晚想吃披萨。
Be eager to 渴望做...He is eager to start his new job. 他渴望开始他的新工作。

Grandpa always tells us he'll get here by himself. 爷爷总跟我们说他会自己过来的。

by himself 独自 / 靠他自己

  • He finished the entire puzzle by himself. 他自己一个人完成了整个拼图。
  • My little brother can dress by himself now. 我小弟弟现在可以自己穿衣服了。
  • He lives by himself in a small apartment. 他独自住在一间小公寓里。
On his own 靠他自己He handled the situation on his own. 他独自处理了那个局面。
Alone 独自地Don't leave the child alone in the house. 别把孩子一个人留在家里。

He's something! 他可真不简单! / 他真行!

be something 真了不起 / 真行 / 挺有一套

  • You should see him play the piano; he's something! 你应该看看他弹钢琴,他真有两下子!
  • That new movie is really something. 那部新电影真的很精彩。
  • "I finished the marathon." "Wow, you're something!" “我跑完了马拉松。”“哇,你真行!”
Quite a... 好一个... / 相当了不起的...He is quite a guitar player! 他吉他弹得可真好!
Exceptional 杰出的 / 异常的His talent for languages is exceptional. 他的语言天赋非同寻常。
整理物品 更新于:2026-04-27 04:08:37

Is this all Grandpa's stuff? 这全是爷爷的东西吗?

stuff 东西 / 玩意儿(非正式,通常不可数)

  • I need to pack my stuff for the trip. 我需要收拾一下旅行用的东西。
  • Where should I put all this stuff? 我该把这些东西都放哪儿?
  • He's got a lot of interesting stuff in his office. 他办公室里有很多有趣的玩意儿。
Belongings 财物 / 随身物品(较正式)Please make sure you have all your belongings. 请确保带齐您的所有物品。
Things 东西(可数,最通用)I have so many things to do today. 我今天有这么多事情要做。

I'm sure he has a few bags with him on the train. 我肯定他火车上还随身带着几个包。

I'm sure [that]... 我确定/肯定...

  • I'm sure that you will do a great job. 我肯定你会做得很好。
  • Are you sure you locked the door? 你确定锁门了吗?
  • I'm not sure if I can make it tonight. 我不确定今晚能不能赶过去。
Certain 确信的(语气稍重)I am certain that we will win the game. 我确信我们会赢得比赛。
Positive 绝对肯定的(口语常指100%确定)"Is he coming?" "I'm positive." “他来吗?”“我绝对肯定。”

I want to put some of my good hangers in Grandpa's closet. 我想在爷爷的衣橱里放几个我那儿的好衣架。

hangers 衣架

  • Do you have any spare hangers? 你还有多余的衣架吗?
  • Please hang your coat on a hanger. 请把外套挂在衣架上。
  • Wooden hangers are better for heavy coats. 木质衣架更适合挂厚外套。
Closet (美式)衣橱 / 储藏室The closet is full of old clothes. 衣橱里塞满了旧衣服。
Wardrobe (英式/正式)衣柜He bought a new wardrobe for his bedroom. 他为卧室买了一个新衣柜。

She's unhappy because she's had to go to Chicago on a business trip. 她很不开心,因为她不得不去芝加哥出差。

on a business trip 出差

  • My boss is away on a business trip this week. 我老板这周出差去了。
  • I often go to Shanghai on business trips. 我经常去上海出差。
  • He's currently in London on business. 他目前正在伦敦出差。
Business travel 商务旅行(总称)The company covers all business travel expenses. 公司报销所有的差旅费。
Out of town 不在城里(常指出差或度假)She'll be out of town until next Monday. 她下周一之前都不在。

can't leave till tonight. 要到今晚才能走。

not... till/until 直到...才 / 不到...不...

  • I didn't wake up till 10 o'clock. 我直到10点才醒。
  • We can't start the meeting until the boss arrives. 老板到之前我们不能开始开会。
  • The shop isn't open until 9 AM. 商店要到上午9点才开门。
Wait until 等到...Wait until the light turns green. 等到绿灯亮。
Only then 只有那时(才)He arrived late, and only then did we start. 他迟到了,那时我们才开始。

She always reminds him of Grandma. 她总是让他想起奶奶。

remind someone of... 使某人想起... / 提醒某人...

  • This song reminds me of my high school days. 这首歌让我想起了我的高中时代。
  • You remind me of your father when he was young. 你让我想起你父亲年轻时的样子。
  • Does this place remind you of anything? 这个地方有让你想起什么吗?
Remind someone to do 提醒某人去做某事Please remind me to call him later. 请提醒我待会儿给他打个电话。
Bring back memories 勾起回忆Looking at old photos brings back memories. 看旧照片会勾起往日的回忆。

We were just wondering about this trunk. 我们刚才正纳闷这大箱子的事儿呢。

wonder about 想知道 / 对...感到好奇/纳闷

  • I was wondering about your new project. 我挺好奇你那个新项目的。
  • Have you ever wondered about life on other planets? 你有没有想过其他星球上是否存在生命?
  • We're wondering about the best way to get there. 我们在琢磨去那儿最好的办法。
Be curious about 对...感到好奇Kids are always curious about how things work. 孩子总是对事物如何运作感到好奇。
Ponder 沉思 / 琢磨He pondered over the problem for hours. 他对着这个问题琢磨了好几个小时。

Grandpa sent it to me. 爷爷把它(钥匙)寄给我了。

send something to someone 寄/送某物给某人

  • I'll send the document to you by email. 我会把文档通过邮件发给你。
  • She sent a postcard to her parents from Italy. 她从意大利给父母寄了一张明信片。
  • Did you send the flowers to her? 你把花送给她了吗?
Send someone something 给某人寄某物(双宾语)I'll send you the link. 我会把链接发给你。
Forward 转发Please forward this message to the team. 请把这条消息转发给团队。