Episode 2 The Blind Date ACT III介绍会面 第三幕

[ In Susan's apartment, Susan and her sister-in-law Marilyn are eating the food from the Thai restaurant. ]

Marilyn: What happened?

出什么事了?

Susan: The baby-sitter called. His daughter is sick.

他的临时保姆打来电话,哈里的女儿生病了。

Marilyn: What's wrong?

什么病?

Susan: I think she has a stomachache. He's a good father.

我想她是肚子痛。他是个好父亲。

Marilyn: So... what do you think of him?

那么… 你觉得他怎么样?

Susan: He's very nice. But I think he was nervous tonight. It was his first date in two years.

他人很好,可是我觉得他今晚有点紧张。这是他两年以来第一次与人约会。

Marilyn: Will you see him again?

你还要与他约会吗?

Susan: I hope so.

我希望如此。

Marilyn: This food is delicious.

这饭菜的味道不错。

Susan: He didn't get a thing to eat.

他什么也没有吃。

Marilyn: [ She looks at the food on the table. ] You ordered enough for three or four people, but I'm not complaining. The food is delicious.

你点的够三、四个人吃了,但我没意见。这菜真好吃。

[ There is a knock at the door. ]

Susan: Who is that?

会是谁呀?

Marilyn: Do you think it's...

你想会不会是…

Susan: No. [ She goes to the door and looks through the peephole. ] You won't believe it, Marilyn!

不会吧。 玛丽琳,说了你也不会相信的!

Marilyn: I believe it. Even without looking.

我相信,我不用看也信。

[ Susan opens the door. ]

Harry: Hi!

嗨!

Susan: How...?

你怎么…

Harry: Your downstairs neighbor let me in.

你楼下的邻居让我进来的。

Susan: Did you go home?

你回家了吗?

Harry: I did, but everything is OK, so I decided to come back. To apologize for leaving so early, I brought you a little gift. [ He gives her a plant. ] It's a bonsai tree for your new apartment.

回过家了,但一切安好。于是我决定回来了。为了表示对我提早离开的歉意,我给你带了一件小礼物。这是为你的新房添的一棵盆栽。

Harry: Hi, Marilyn. I hope it's not too late.

嗨,玛丽琳。 我希望我来得不是太晚。

Marilyn: Oh, not at all. We're still eating.

噢,一点也不晚。我们还在吃着呢。

Susan: Please, come in. Join us. It's our meal from the restaurant.

请进来吧,和我们一起吃吧。这是从餐厅带回来的我们点的菜。

Susan: And how is your daughter?

对了,你女儿怎么样了?

Harry: Oh, she's fine. It was only a tummy ache.

噢,她没事了。只是闹肚子疼。

Susan: It's good that you went back.

你赶回去是对的。

Harry: Yes, I think it's important for me to be there since her mother died.

是的,我想我在场是非常重要的,因为她妈妈去世了。

Susan: I agree. Aren't you hungry?

我也这样想,你一定很饿了吧?

Harry: As a matter of fact... I am hungry.

老实说… 我是饿了。

Marilyn: There's lots of food left.

这儿还剩下很多饭菜呢。

Harry: [ eating ] Mmm, this is delicious!

嗯,很好吃!

Susan: Enjoy!

那就多吃点吧!

Marilyn: I'm going to excuse myself. [ She gets up. ] I have a lot of work to do to get ready for tomorrow. Good night, Harry. It was nice meeting you.

很抱歉失陪,我得为明天做许多准备工作。有不少事要干呢。晚安,哈里,很高兴与你见面。

Harry: Bye, Marilyn.

再见,玛丽琳。

Marilyn: Good night, Susan.

晚安,苏珊。

Susan: Good night, Marilyn.

晚安,玛丽琳。

[ Marilyn leaves. ]


Susan: She's going to a fashion show here in the city tomorrow. She is sleeping here so she won't have to travel from Riverdale in the morning.

她明天要去看市里举行的一场时装表演。她晚上住在这儿,免得早上从里弗代尔赶过来。

Harry: You two must be close.

你们两个关系一定很好。

Susan: We are. The whole Stewart family is close.

是的,我们斯图尔特全家相处都很好。

Harry: I like that.

我喜欢这样的家庭。

[ Later that evening ... ]

Harry: And then, two years ago, my wife died.

然后呢,两年前,我妻子去世了。

Susan: You miss her.

你很思念她。

Harry: I do...yes, but I have Michelle... and with time... 

很想她… 是的,可是我还有米歇尔 … 随着时间的流逝…

Susan: Is there anyone else in your life?

在你生活中还有别的人吗?

Harry: No, not yet. What about you?

没,至今还没有。你呢?

Susan: Oh, I date occasionally, but my work keeps me busy.

哦,我偶尔也和人约会,可是我老是忙于工作。

Harry: [ He looks at his watch. ] Ooh, speaking of keeping busy — I have an early start tomorrow, and the baby-sitter has to get home.

哦,说到忙于工作... 我明天还得早起,而且临时保姆也该回家了。

Harry: [ He starts to put on his jacket. ] Where did the time go? It's midnight. Thank you, Susan. I had a nice evening.

时间过得真快!都午夜了。谢谢你,苏珊。我今天晚上过得很愉快。

Susan: Me, too, Harry.

我也是,哈里。 

 [ She walks with him to the door. ] 

Susan: Harry?

哈里?

Harry: Yes?

什么事?

Susan: I'd like to meet your daughter someday.

我希望有一天能见见你女儿。

Harry: Does that mean that I can see you again?

是不是说我可以再与你见面?

Susan: Of course.

当然。

Harry: Wonderful. I'll call you, and we'll go out to dinner.

那太好了。我会打电话给你,然后咱们一起出去吃饭。

Susan: Please do.

请务必这样做。

Harry: I promise I won't leave early.

我保证我不会提前走了。

Susan: It was for a good reason.

你今天早走是有原因的。

Harry: You know something?

知道吗?

Susan: What?

什么?

Harry: I think we're going to be good friends. Good night, Susan.

我想我们可以成为好朋友的,晚安,苏珊。

Susan: Good night, Harry, Have a safe trip home. [ She closes the door. A moment later there is a loud sound in the hall. ]

晚安,哈里。路上小心。

Susan: [ Susan opens the door. ] Are you all right?

没出什么事吧?

Harry: [ He fell over the umbrella stand, and now he is picking it up. ] Sorry.

对不起。

Susan: [ She smiles. ] I never liked that umbrella stand.

我也从来没喜欢过那个伞架。

Susan: Good night, Harry.

晚安,哈里。
27个相关单词

与课文关联的单词

happen *

/ˈhæpən/v. 发生

sick *

/sɪk/adj. 不舒服的

nervous

/ˈnɜːvəs/adj. 紧张的

believe *

/bɪˈliːv/v. 相信

without *

/wɪˈðaʊt/prep. 没有

downstairs

/ˌdaʊnˈsteəz/adj. 在楼下的

decide *

/dɪˈsaɪd/v. 决定

apologize

/əˈpɒlədʒaɪz/v. 道歉

gift

/ɡɪft/n. 礼物

bonsai

/ˈbɒnsaɪ/n. 盆景

join *

/dʒɔɪn/v. 加入

tummy

/ˈtʌmi/n. 肚子

ache *

/eɪk/v. 疼

important *

/ɪmˈpɔːt(ə)nt/adj. 重要的

since *

/sɪns/conj. 自从...以来

matter *

/ˈmætə(r)/n. 事情

fact *

/fækt/n. 实际、真相

fashion *

/ˈfæʃ(ə)n/n. 时尚、时装

miss *

/mɪs/v. 思念

occasionally

/əˈkeɪʒnəli/adv. 偶尔地

midnight

/ˈmɪdnaɪt/n. 半夜

early *

/ˈɜːrli/adj. 早的

promise *

/ˈprɒmɪs/v. 保证

reason *

/ˈriːz(ə)n/n. 理由

safe *

/seɪf/adj. 安全的

trip *

/trɪp/v. 行...过程

stand *

/stænd/v. 位于
笔记更新中
当您看到了此提示,说明本课笔记还在正在努力更新中...
闺房夜话 更新于:2026-04-26 12:32:12

What happened? 出什么事了?

happened 发生 / 怎么了

  • Tell me exactly what happened last night. 确切地告诉我昨晚发生什么了。
  • I don't know what happened to my keys. 我不知道我的钥匙出什么意外了。
  • What happened? You look like you've seen a ghost. 怎么了?你看起来像见了鬼一样。
What's going on? 发生什么了 / 怎么回事What's going on here? Why is it so loud? 这儿怎么回事?怎么这么吵?
What's the matter? 怎么了 / 有什么麻烦吗What's the matter with your car? 你的车出什么问题了?

What's wrong? 怎么了? / 哪里不舒服?

What's wrong? 怎么了 / 哪儿不对劲

  • What's wrong? You've been quiet all evening. 怎么了?你一整晚都闷不吭声的。
  • Is there something wrong with the computer? 电脑是不是出什么毛病了?
  • "I feel terrible." "What's wrong?" “我觉得很难受。”“哪儿不舒服?”
Is everything okay? 没事吧 / 都还好吧You look pale. Is everything okay? 你脸色发白。没事吧?
What's bothering you? 你在烦什么 / 什么事让你不开心I can tell you're upset. What's bothering you? 我看得出你不高兴。你在烦什么?

I think she has a stomachache. 我觉得她是肚子疼。

stomachache 胃痛 / 肚子疼

  • I have a stomachache after eating that spicy food. 吃了那辛辣的东西后,我肚子疼。
  • The kid has a terrible stomachache. 这孩子肚子疼得厉害。
  • Do you have any medicine for a stomachache? 你有治肚子疼的药吗?
Headache 头痛I've got a splitting headache. 我头疼得要裂开了。
Backache 腰酸背痛Sitting too long gives me a backache. 坐太久让我腰酸背痛。

What do you think of him? 你觉得他这人怎么样?

think of 评价 / 认为 / 觉得

  • What do you think of the new design? 你觉得新设计怎么样?
  • I don't think much of his latest movie. 我觉得他最近那部电影不怎么样。
  • What do you think of our new neighbor? 你觉得咱们新邻居人怎么样?
How do you like...? 你觉得...如何 / 你喜欢...吗How do you like your new job? 你觉得新工作怎么样?
What's your opinion? 你的意见是 / 你怎么看What's your opinion on this matter? 关于这件事,你怎么看?

It was his first date in two years. 这是他两年来第一次约会。

in [time] 在...时间里 / 历经...时间

  • That was the best meal I've had in years. 那是我好几年来吃得最香的一顿饭。
  • I haven't seen him in a long time. 我有好长一段时间没见到他了。
  • She finished the project in two weeks. 她在两周之内完成了这个项目。
For ages 好久 / 几年之久We haven't been to the cinema for ages. 我们好久没去电影院了。
In a decade 十年间This is the worst storm in a decade. 这是十年间最严重的风暴。

Will you see him again? 你还会再见他吗?

see someone 与某人约会 / 见面

  • Are you seeing anyone right now? 你现在有跟谁在谈恋爱吗?
  • I'd love to see you again sometime. 我希望以后能再见到你。
  • He's been seeing a girl from his office. 他一直在和办公室的一个女孩约会。
Go out with 和...出去约会Would you like to go out with me? 你愿意和我出去约会吗?
Date 约会They have been dating for six months. 他们已经交往六个月了。

He didn't get a thing to eat. 他连一口东西都没吃上。

not a thing 一丁点儿都没有 / 啥也没

  • I'm so sorry, I didn't hear a thing. 真抱歉,我刚才啥也没听见。
  • There isn't a thing in the fridge. 冰箱里啥也没有。
  • He doesn't know a thing about fixing cars. 关于修车,他一窍不通。
Nothing at all 根本没有I have nothing at all to say to you. 我跟你根本没什么好说的。
Not a bit 一点也不I'm not a bit tired. 我一点也不累。

I'm not complaining. 我倒不是在抱怨。

complain 抱怨 / 发牢骚

  • Stop complaining about the weather. 别再抱怨天气了。
  • He's always complaining that he's underpaid. 他总是抱怨工资太低。
  • You shouldn't complain; you have a great life. 你不该抱怨,你的生活已经很好了。
Grumble 嘟囔 / 满腹牢骚She grumbled about the service in the hotel. 她对旅店的服务满腹牢骚。
Whine 哼哼唧唧地抱怨Stop whining and get to work! 别哼哼了,赶紧干活!

You won't believe it, Marilyn! 你绝对不敢相信,玛丽琳!

won't believe it 不敢相信 / 意想不到

  • You won't believe who I ran into today! 你绝对想不到我今天撞见谁了!
  • You won't believe the news! 你绝对不敢相信这个新闻!
  • Believe it or not, I've never been to Paris. 信不信由你,我从来没去过巴黎。
Incredible 难以置信The view from the top is incredible. 顶部的景色真是美得让人难以置信。
Unbelievable 令人难以置信It's unbelievable how much he's grown. 他长了这么多,真是让人不敢相信。

I believe it. Even without looking. 我相信,看都不用看(我也知道)。

without doing 没做某事就...

  • He left the room without saying a word. 他一句话没说就离开了房间。
  • I can find the way without using GPS. 不用GPS我也能找到路。
  • You can't learn a language without practicing. 不练习是学不好语言的。
Instead of 代替 / 而不是Try walking instead of driving. 试着走路而不是开车。
Before 在...之前Think twice before making a decision. 做决定前要三思。
饭桌聊家常 更新于:2026-04-26 12:33:33

Your downstairs neighbor let me in. 楼下的邻居放我进来的。

let [someone] in 让某人进来

  • Could you let the dog in? It's starting to rain. 你能把狗放进来吗?开始下雨了。
  • She opened the window to let in some fresh air. 她打开窗户放进一些新鲜空气。
  • The security guard refused to let us in without ID. 保安拒绝在没有证件的情况下放我们进去。
Show someone in 领某人进来Please show the next candidate in. 请领下一位应聘者进来。
Let someone out 放某人出去Don't forget to let the cat out before you leave. 出门前别忘了把猫放出去。

I did, but everything is OK. 我是回去了,不过一切都好。

I did (用助动词替代重复的动词短语)确实/是的

  • "Did you finish your homework?" "Yes, I did." “你做完作业了吗?”“是的,做完了。”
  • "Did he call you?" "He did, but I missed it." “他给你打电话了吗?”“打了,但我没接到。”
  • I did tell her the truth, but she didn't believe me. 我确实告诉她实话了,但她不信。
Indeed 的确/确实It is indeed a beautiful day. 今天的确是个好天气。
As a matter of fact 事实上/其实"Do you like coffee?" "As a matter of fact, I love it." “你喜欢咖啡吗?”“事实上,我爱死它了。”

To apologize for leaving so early, I brought you a little gift. 为了对早退表示歉意,我给你带了件小礼物。

apologize for 为...道歉

  • I must apologize for my late arrival. 我必须为我的迟到道歉。
  • You don't need to apologize for being honest. 你不需要为说实话而道歉。
  • He apologized for the misunderstanding. 他为这次误会道了歉。
Make an apology 做出道歉The company made a public apology for the error. 公司为这次失误做出了公开道歉。
Say sorry 说对不起You should just say sorry and move on. 你应该直接说对不起,然后翻篇。

I hope it isn't too late. 我希望还没太晚。

I hope [that]... 我希望...

  • I hope you have a wonderful trip. 我希望你旅途愉快。
  • I hope it doesn't rain tomorrow. 我希望明天别下雨。
  • I hope that everything goes well with your interview. 我希望你的面试一切顺利。
Hopefully 但愿/希望Hopefully, the plane will arrive on time. 但愿飞机能准时到达。
I trust... 我相信/想必I trust that you are satisfied with the result. 我相信你对这个结果是满意的。

Join us. 跟我们一起吧。

Join us 加入我们/一起来

  • We're going to the cinema; would you like to join us? 我们要去电影院,你想和我们一起吗?
  • Feel free to join us for lunch. 尽管来和我们一起吃午饭。
  • Why don't you join us in the meeting room? 你为什么不来会议室和我们一起呢?
Tag along 跟着(某人)去Mind if I tag along with you guys? 介意我跟你们一起去吗?
Come along 一起来You're welcome to come along if you're free. 如果你有空,欢迎一起来。

It's good that you went back. 你当时能回去真的很好。

It's good that... ...挺好的 / ...是件好事

  • It's good that you're feeling better now. 你现在感觉好点了,这挺好的。
  • It's good that we finished the work early. 我们早点把活干完了,这很好。
  • It's good that she finally found a new job. 她终于找了份新工作,这真是太好了。
I'm glad that... 我很高兴...I'm glad that you could make it to the party. 很高兴你能来参加派对。
It's a relief that... 令人欣慰的是...It's a relief that the surgery was successful. 令人欣慰的是手术成功了。

I think it is important for me to be there. 我觉得我在那儿守着挺重要的。

it is important for [someone] to [do] 对某人来说做某事很重要

  • It is important for us to save water. 节约用水对我们来说很重要。
  • It is important for children to get enough sleep. 对孩子来说,充足的睡眠非常重要。
  • I think it is important for you to talk to him in person. 我觉得你很有必要亲口跟他谈谈。
It is essential to... ...是至关重要的It is essential to double-check the figures. 核对数据是至关重要的。
Necessary 必要的Is it necessary for me to bring my laptop? 我有必要带笔记本电脑吗?

As a matter of fact... I am hungry. 事实上...我确实饿了。

As a matter of fact 事实上 / 其实

  • As a matter of fact, I've met him before. 事实上,我以前见过他。
  • I didn't think the test was hard. As a matter of fact, it was quite easy. 我不觉得考试难。事实上,挺简单的。
  • "Are you busy?" "As a matter of fact, I just finished." “你忙吗?”“其实,我刚忙完。”
Actually 实际上Actually, I'd prefer a tea instead of coffee. 实际上,我更想喝茶而不是咖啡。
In fact 事实上He's very wealthy. In fact, he's a billionaire. 他很有钱。事实上,他是个亿万富翁。

I'm going to excuse myself. 我要先失陪一下了。

excuse oneself 失陪 / 告辞

  • He excused himself and left the meeting early. 他说了声失陪,提前离开了会议。
  • I must excuse myself; I have a phone call to make. 我得失陪一下,有个电话要打。
  • She excused herself to go to the restroom. 她找了个借口去洗手间。
Be excused 请假/请求离开May I be excused from the table? 我可以下桌了吗?
Step out 暂时走开一下I need to step out for a moment. 我需要出去一下。

I have a lot of work to do to get ready for tomorrow. 我有好多工作要做,得为明天做准备。

get ready for 为...做准备

  • We need to get ready for the trip tomorrow. 我们需要为明天的旅行做准备。
  • It takes her an hour to get ready for work. 她上班前要花一个小时做准备。
  • Are you getting ready for the big exam? 你正在为那场大考做准备吗?
Prepare for 准备Students are preparing for their final presentations. 学生们正在为期末陈述做准备。
Be set 准备就绪Everything is set for the party tonight. 今晚派对的一切都准备就绪了。
感情私生活 更新于:2026-04-26 12:34:33

She's going to a fashion show here in the city tomorrow. 她明天要在城里参加一场时装秀。

be going to 计划/准备做某事

  • I'm going to take a long vacation next month. 我下个月打算休个长假。
  • Are you going to tell him the news? 你打算告诉他这个消息吗?
  • It's going to be a busy week for the team. 对团队来说,这将会是忙碌的一周。
Plan to 计划做...We plan to expand our business overseas. 我们计划把业务扩展到海外。
Intend to 打算/意图(较正式)I intend to finish this project by Friday. 我打算在周五前完成这个项目。

She is sleeping here so she won't have to travel from Riverdale in the morning. 她今晚睡这儿,明早就不必从河谷镇赶过来了。

won't have to 将不必 / 不用...

  • If you finish it now, you won't have to worry about it later. 如果你现在把它做完,待会儿就不必担心了。
  • You won't have to pay for the tickets; they're free. 你不用付票钱,是免费的。
  • She won't have to wait long for the bus. 她等公交车不用等太久。
Needn't 不必You needn't bring anything; we've got everything. 你啥都不用带,我们这儿都有。
Don't need to 不需要You don't need to shout; I can hear you. 你不用喊,我听得见。

You two must be close. 你们俩关系一定很好。

close 亲密的 / 关系近的

  • Are you and your sister close? 你和你姐姐关系好吗?
  • They have been close friends since childhood. 他们从小就是好朋友。
  • We are a very close-knit family. 我们的家庭成员关系非常紧密。
Intimate 亲密的(指深层关系)They share an intimate knowledge of the subject. 他们对这个学科都有着深入的了解。
Thick as thieves 亲密无间 / 形影不离Those two are thick as thieves lately. 那两个人最近好得跟一个人似的。

With time... 随着时间的推移...

with time 随着时间流逝

  • Things will get better with time. 随着时间的推移,事情会好起来的。
  • With time, he learned to forgive and forget. 随着时间的流逝,他学会了原谅和淡忘。
  • The pain will fade with time. 痛苦会随着时间而消减。
As time goes by 随着光阴流逝As time goes by, we grow older and wiser. 随着时光流逝,我们变得更老也更睿智。
In the long run 从长远来看It might be expensive, but it's worth it in the long run. 虽然可能很贵,但从长远来看是值得的。

Is there anyone else in your life? 你生命中还有别的什么人吗?(指恋爱对象)

anyone else 别的什么人

  • Is anyone else coming to the party? 还有别人要来派对吗?
  • I don't want to talk to anyone else but you. 除了你,我谁也不想谈。
  • Does anyone else know about the secret? 还有别人知道这个秘密吗?
Someone else 另外某人If you're busy, I'll ask someone else. 如果你忙,我就去问问别人。
Who else 还有谁Who else was at the meeting yesterday? 昨天会上还有谁在?

My work keeps me busy. 我的工作让我挺忙的。

keep someone busy 让某人忙个不停

  • The new project is keeping me busy these days. 这几天新项目让我忙得不可开交。
  • Taking care of three kids really keeps her busy. 照顾三个孩子真的让她忙得够呛。
  • Try to keep yourself busy so you won't feel lonely. 试着让自己忙起来,这样你就不会觉得孤单。
Occupied 忙于... / 占用时间He is fully occupied with his research. 他正全身心投入在他的研究中。
Tie someone up 使某人脱不开身Meetings tied me up all morning. 会议让我整个上午都脱不开身。

Speaking of keeping busy — I have an early start tomorrow. 说到忙,我明天还得早起呢。

Speaking of... 谈到... / 说起...

  • Speaking of movies, have you seen the latest Marvel film? 说到电影,你看过最新的漫威电影吗?
  • Speaking of your sister, how is she doing lately? 提起你姐姐,她最近怎么样?
  • I'm hungry. Speaking of food, is that Italian place still open? 我饿了。说到吃的,那家意式餐厅还开着吗?
Talking about... 谈论起...Talking about travel, I'm planning a trip to Japan. 说起旅行,我正计划去日本呢。
By the way 顺便说一下(转折较大)By the way, did you remember to lock the door? 顺便问下,你记得锁门了吗?

Where did the time go? 时间都去哪儿了?

Where did the time go? 时间过得真快(感叹句)

  • I can't believe it's already dark. Where did the time go? 真不敢相信天已经黑了。时间都去哪儿了?
  • The kids are all grown up now. Where did the time go? 孩子们现在都长大了。时间过得真快啊!
  • It's almost midnight! Where did the time go? 都快午夜了!时间怎么过得这么快?
Time flies 时光飞逝How time flies when you're having fun! 快乐的时候时间过得真快!
Time slips away 时间悄悄流逝We talked for hours and let the time slip away. 我们聊了好几个小时,任由时间悄悄溜走。
依依不舍 更新于:2026-04-26 12:35:28

I'd like to meet your daughter someday. 我真想哪天见见你的女儿。

would like to 想要 / 愿意

  • I would like to book a table for two tonight. 我想订一张今晚两人的桌位。
  • Would you like to join us for a coffee? 你愿意和我们一起喝杯咖啡吗?
  • She would like to thank everyone for their support. 她想感谢大家的各种支持。
Want to 想要(口语更直接)I want to see that movie again. 我想再看一遍那部电影。
Feel like 想要/想做(后接doing)I feel like going for a walk. 我想去散散步。

Does that mean that I can see you again? 那是说我还能再见到你吗?

mean 意味着 / 打算 / 说的是

  • Do you mean we have to redo the whole project? 你的意思是我们要重做整个项目吗?
  • I didn't mean to hurt your feelings. 我不是故意要伤你的心。
  • Getting this job means everything to him. 得到这份工作对他来说意味着一切。
In other words 换句话说In other words, we are lost. 换句话说,我们迷路了。
Signify 意味着/象征A red light signifies that you must stop. 红灯意味着你必须停车。

Please do. 请务必这样做。 / 请一定(打给我)。

Please do 请便 / 请务必这样做(用于回应对方的提议)

  • "I'll send you the details by email." "Please do." “我会把详情发邮件给你。”“好的,请务必发给我。”
  • "Can I use your phone?" "Please do." “我可以用下你的电话吗?”“请便。”
  • "I'll call you when I arrive." "Please do." “我到了会给你打电话。”“行,一定要打啊。”
By all means 当然可以 / 务必"May I borrow this?" "By all means." “可以借用这个吗?”“当然可以。”
Go ahead 请便 / 做吧If you want to leave, go ahead. 如果你想走,那就走吧。

I promise I won't leave early. 我保证不会再早退了。

promise 保证 / 答应

  • I promise I'll be there on time. 我保证我会准时到那儿。
  • He promised to call me, but he never did. 他答应给我打电话,但他从来没打过。
  • Cross my heart, I promise not to tell anyone. 我发誓,我保证不告诉任何人。
Give someone one's word 向某人许诺I give you my word that this won't happen again. 我向你保证这种事不会再发生了。
Guarantee 担保 / 保证I guarantee you'll love this place. 我保证你会喜欢这个地方的。

It was for a good reason. 那是事出有因。 / 那是有正当理由的。

for a good reason 事出有因 / 有充分的理由

  • She was late, but for a good reason. 她迟到了,但情有可原。
  • They changed the plan for a good reason. 他们改变计划是有充分理由的。
  • If he didn't show up, it must be for a good reason. 如果他没出现,那肯定是有原因的。
With cause 有正当理由地The employee was fired with cause. 该员工是被合法解雇的。
Justified 合理的 / 有正当理由的His anger was completely justified. 他的愤怒完全是事出有因。

I think we're going to be good friends. 我想我们会成为好朋友的。

be going to be 将会成为 / 将会是

  • I think it is going to be a sunny day. 我觉得今天会是个晴天。
  • She is going to be a great doctor someday. 她将来会成为一名优秀的医生。
  • This is going to be our best year ever. 这将是我们有史以来最好的一年。
Will be 将会(用于预测)The weather will be cold tomorrow. 明天的天气会很冷。
Turn out to be 结果是 / 变成The meeting turned out to be very productive. 会议结果非常有成效。

Have a safe trip home. 回家路上注意安全。

Have a safe trip 一路平安 / 旅途安全

  • Have a safe trip home and call me when you arrive. 回家一路上注意安全,到了给我打个电话。
  • We wished them a safe trip before they left. 在他们出发前,我们祝他们一路平安。
  • Have a safe trip! Don't forget to take photos! 一路顺风!别忘了拍照!
Safe travels 旅途平安(非常常用)Safe travels to you and your family! 祝你和家人旅途平安!
Get home safe 安全到家Make sure you get home safe. 一定要安全到家啊。

He fell over the umbrella stand. 他被伞架绊了一下。

fall over 被...绊倒 / 跌倒

  • Be careful not to fall over the loose rug. 小心别被那块松掉的小地毯绊倒。
  • The old tree fell over during the storm. 那棵老树在暴风雨中倒了。
  • He tripped and fell over in front of everyone. 他在众人面前绊了一跤,摔倒了。
Trip over 被...绊一下(不一定摔倒)I tripped over my own feet. 我被自己的脚绊了一下。
Stumble 绊脚 / 蹒跚She stumbled on the uneven pavement. 她在不平的路面上打了个趔趄。