Episode 3 Grandpa's Trunk ACT I

祖父的行李箱 第一幕

Watch the video then answer the question: Who is going to come?

[ In the Stewarts' house one morning. Ellen and Marilyn are preparing breakfast in the kitchen. ]

Ellen: [ She takes the tea kettle off the stove. ] Marilyn, you want coffee or tea?

玛丽琳,你喝咖啡还是喝茶?

Marilyn: Coffee, please.

请给我咖啡。 

Ellen: I am so excited! At this time tomorrow morning, Grandpa will be sitting in the kitchen with us.

我真太激动了!到明天早上的这个时候,你爷爷就会和我们一起坐在这厨房里啦。

Marilyn: When does he arrive?

他什么时候到?

Ellen: At six o'clock this evening.

今天晚上 6 点。

Marilyn: By plane?

是坐飞机吗?

Ellen: No, by train.

不,是坐火车来。

Marilyn: Are we picking him up at the station?

我们要去车站接他吗?

Ellen: Not Grandpa. He doesn't want anybody picking him up. He likes to be independent.

爷爷可不用,他不想要人接,他这人独立惯了。

Marilyn: Huh.

哦。

Ellen: Oh, let's go upstairs and prepare Grandpa's room.

噢,咱们上楼去给爷爷收拾一下房间吧。

Marilyn: Great!  Let's do it!

好啊!走吧。

[ Ellen and Marilyn get up to leave. Richard and Robbie enter the kitchen. ]


Richard: Good morning, Mom.

妈妈,早上好。

Robbie: Morning.

早上好。

Ellen: Well, hi, fellas.

早啊,小伙子们。

Richard: Hello.

早上好!

Marilyn: Hi, honey.

早啊,亲爱的。

Richard & Robbie: Morning, Marilyn.

玛丽琳,早上好。

Marilyn: We are going upstairs to set up Grandpa's room. There's coffee ready.

我们要上楼给爷爷收拾房间了,咖啡已经煮好了。

[ Ellen and Marilyn go upstairs. Richard and Robbie begin to make breakfast. ]


Robbie: I'm really excited about seeing Grandpa.

我一想到要见到爷爷我就超级兴奋。

Richard: Me, too. [ To Robbie ] Milk, please.

我也一样。请把牛奶给我。

Robbie: He's so funny. He always makes me laugh. I hope Grandpa's going to like living with us.

他真逗,总是引我大笑。我希望爷爷会喜欢和我们住在一起。

Richard: I think he will. It just takes time to feel comfortable in a new place.

我想他会喜欢的,只不过需要一段时间才能适应一个新的环境。

Robbie: Won't he miss being in Florida?

他会不会想念佛罗里达?

Richard: Well, he will. But I think he'll like being here with the family.

嗯,他应该会的,但我想他也会乐意在这儿和全家人住一起。

Robbie: Are you sure about that? It's crazy here most of the time.

你确定吗?(咱们家)这儿经常吵吵闹闹的。

Richard: But it's fun.

但很有趣。

Robbie: That's for sure.

说的也是(一点也不假)。

Richard: You know, maybe I'll put together some photos of Grandpa as a "welcome" present.

我说,我可能会把爷爷的一些照片集中起来作为“欢迎”他的一份礼物。

Robbie: That's a neat idea. What can I do? [ He thinks. ]

这主意很妙诶。那我能做点什么呢?

Robbie: I've got it! I have a picture of Grandpa and Dad and me in my wallet. It's from the Fathers and Sons' Breakfast at my junior high school graduation. [ He takes out his wallet and shows the picture to Richard.]

有啦!我皮夹里有一张照片是爷爷、爸爸和我在一起照的。那是在我初中毕业时候的父子早餐会上拍的。

Richard: [ He looks at the picture. ] Oh, I remember this picture.

噢,我还记得那张照片。

Robbie: I'd really like to pick up Grandpa at the railroad station.

我真想去火车站接爷爷。

Richard: Railroad stations or airports --Grandpa always tells us he'll get here by himself.

无论是火车站还是机场 —— 爷爷总是对我们说,他自己会到家的。

Robbie: He's something!

真有个性!

[ Upstairs in the Stewarts' home. Ellen and Marilyn are preparing Grandpa's Room. ]

Marilyn: [ She points to the trunk. ] Is this all Grandpa's stuff?

爷爷的东西都在这儿了吗?

Ellen: That's it. But I'm sure he has a few bags with him on the train.

都在这儿了,不过我肯定他在火车上还带着几个旅行包的。

Marilyn: What's inside?

这箱子里面是什么?

Ellen: I don't know. It's locked.

不知道,锁着呢。

Philip: [ He enters. ] Hi.

早。

Ellen: Oh, hi, darling.

哦,亲爱的,早啊。

Marilyn: Morning, Philip.

早上好,菲利普。

Philip: I want to put some of my good hangers in Grandpa's closet. You know I'm very excited about his arrival.

我想把我的几个好的衣架放到爷爷的衣橱里。你们知道我对他的到来是多么的高兴。

Ellen: We are, too. Susan called early this morning. She's unhappy because she's had to go to Chicago on a business trip and can't leave till tonight. She wants to be here for Grandpa.

我们也一样,苏珊一大早就打来了电话。她有点不高兴,因为她必须出差到芝加哥,而且要到今天晚上才能离开。她想在家等候爷爷回来。

Philip: Well, Grandpa will be disappointed, too. He loves Susan. She always reminds him of Grandma. Well, how's everything here?

嗯,爷爷也会感到失望的。他很爱苏珊,她总是让他想起奶奶。这里准备得怎么样了?

Marilyn: Fine. We were just wondering about this trunk.

差不多了,我们正纳闷这个大箱子里装的是什么。

Ellen: It's locked.

(但)它锁上了。

Philip: Oh. [ He takes a key from his pocket. ] I have the key. Grandpa sent it to me.

哦,我有钥匙,是爷爷寄来给我的。

[ He tries to put the key into the lock of the trunk. ]

单词列表

17
arrival/ əˈraɪv(ə)l /n. 到达
stove/ stəʊv /n. 炉子
fella/ ˈfelə(r) /n. 小伙子
honey/ ˈhʌni /n. 亲爱的
set up/ ˈset ʌp /v. 做准备工作
crazy/ ˈkreɪzi /adj. 疯狂的
junior/ ˈdʒuːniə /adj. 初级的
graduation/ ˌɡrædʒuˈeɪʃ(ə)n /n. 毕业典礼
railroad/ ˈreɪlrəʊd /n. 铁路
stuff */ stʌf /n. 东西
inside */ ˌɪnˈsaɪd /n. 内部;里面
locked/ lɒkt /adj. 锁着的
hanger/ ˈhæŋə(r) /n. 衣架
unhappy/ ʌnˈhæpi /adj. 不高兴的
disappointed/ ˌdɪsəˈpɔɪntɪd /adj. 沮丧的
wondering/ ˈwʌndərɪŋ /adj. 好奇的
sent/ sent /v. 发送(send的过去式;过去分词)