Episode 2 The Blind Date ACT II介绍会面 第二幕

[ In a Thai restaurant later that evening. Somsak, the owner of the restaurant, greets Susan and Harry. ]

Somsak: Ah! Miss Stewart! Welcome! How are you?

啊!斯图尔特小姐!欢迎光临!最近好吗?

Susan: Fine, Somsak. And you?

我很好,索姆萨克,你呢?

Somsak: Fine, thank you.

很好,谢谢。

Susan: This is my friend Harry Bennett.

这是我的朋友哈里 • 贝内特。

Harry: Pleased to meet you.

很高兴能认识你。

Somsak: Very nice to meet you. Any friend of Miss Stewart's is welcome at Somsak's. Follow me, please.

认识你我很高兴。凡是斯图尔特小姐的朋友,我索姆萨克餐厅都欢迎。请随我来。

Harry: [ to Susan. ] I like it here.

我喜欢这儿。

Susan: I do, too. I come here often.

我也喜欢。我常来这儿吃饭 。

Somsak: A special place for special people.

款待特别的客人,要有特别的地方。

Susan: Thank you, Somsak. [ Somsak leaves. ]

谢谢你,索姆萨克。

Harry: Well! Nice restaurant.

嗯,餐厅很雅致。

Somsak: [ He returns. ] Would you like something to drink?

想喝点什么呢?

Susan: Yes, I'd like a glass of ginger ale with ice. Harry, what would you like?

对,我想喝一杯加冰块的姜味汽水。哈里,你要喝什么?

Harry: Do you have a dry white wine?

你们有干白葡萄酒吗?

Somsak: How about a California chablis?

加州沙布利酒怎么样?

Harry: Chablis is fine.

沙布利就很好。

Somsak: What would you like to eat?

你们要吃点什么?

Susan: I'd like the mee krob. Harry, would you like to see a menu?

我想要脆米面条(一种来自泰国的脆米面条,通常配以甜酱)。哈里,你要看看菜单么?

Harry: No, it's OK. I'll have the mee krob also.

不用了,这就可以。我也要脆米面条。

Harry:  [ to Susan. ] What is it?

那是什么菜?

Susan: Crispy fried noodles. I love them.

酥脆的泰式脆米粉。我喜欢吃。

Somsak: May I bring you a salad?

要不要给你来点沙拉?

Susan: Oh yes. What do you recommend today?

好啊。你今天推荐什么沙拉?

Somsak: I recommend rose-petal salad. Special for new friends.

我推荐玫瑰花瓣沙拉,特地(特色菜,有双关的意思)为新朋友准备的。

Susan: [ to Harry ] Rose-petal salad?

就吃玫瑰花瓣沙拉,好吗?

Harry: Why not?

有何不可?

Somsak: I'll take care of everything. [ He leaves. ]

我会好好照料一切。

Susan: I hope you're hungry.

我猜你大概饿了。

Harry: What? Oh, yes. Starving. Well, I...

什么?噢,是的。饿极了。我…

Susan: [ at the same time ] Well, I ...

呃,我…

Harry: What do you do at Universe Toy Company?

你在宇宙玩具公司做什么工作?

Susan: I'm the vice-president of new toy development.

我是负责新玩具开发的副总裁。

Harry: Terrific!

真了不起!

Susan: I know you're a CPA.

我知道你是一位会计师。

Harry: That's true. Harry Bennett, certified public accountant. I love numbers. I do some work for Smith and Dale, Your company's accounting firm.

是的。执业会计师(注册会计师)哈里 • 贝内特。我喜爱数字。我给史密斯代尔干一部分活,那是你们公司的会计师事务所。

Susan: And so...

这么一来 …

Harry: Here we are.

所以我们才有缘相见。

Susan: Yes.

是啊。

Harry:  I have a daughter.

我有一个女儿。

Susan: I know. How old is she?

我知道。她多大了?

Harry: She's nine years old.

九岁了。

Susan: That's a nice age. What's her name?

那是个讨人喜欢的年纪。她叫什么名字?

Harry: Michelle.

米歇尔。

Susan: Do you have a picture of her?

你有她的照片吗?

[ Harry shows her a photo. ]

Susan: She's very pretty.

她很漂亮。

Harry: Thank you.

谢谢(夸奖)。

Somsak: [ He arrives with the salad. ] Rose-petal salad. And there's a phone call for you, Mr. Bennett.

玫瑰花瓣沙拉。贝内特先生,有你的电话。

Harry: Excuse me, Susan. [ He leaves the table. ]

对不起,我失陪一下,苏珊。

Susan: [ to Somsak ] I hope nothing is wrong.

我希望没出什么事。

Somsak: I'll get the rest of the dinner. Excuse me.  [ He leaves. ]

我去把晚餐的其余的菜端来。失陪。

Harry:  [ He returns. ] Please forgive me, Susan, but... I have to leave. I feel terrible, but...

请原谅我,苏珊,可是… 我得走了。真是糟糕透了,可是…

Susan: What's the matter?

出什么事?

Harry: My daughter isn't feeling well.

我女儿感到不舒服。

Susan: Oh no! Is it serious?

噢,不会吧。病得严重吗?

Harry: I don't know. The baby-sitter says she has a stomachache, and she's crying. I'll have to go home. Will you forgive me?

我也不知道。临时保姆说她肚子痛,一直在哭。我必须得回家一趟。你能原谅我吗?

Susan: Of course. I'm so sorry for Michelle. And you didn't have a chance to eat.

当然。我很遗憾米歇尔生病了。再说,你还没吃饭呢?

Harry: Oh, it's OK. Let me take you home first.

噢,没关系。先让我送你回家吧。

Susan: No, no. Please, go ahead.

不,不必了。你还是赶紧回去吧。

Harry: It's our first date.

这可是我们的第一次约会呀。

Susan: We'll make another. Please don't worry.

我们下次再约吧,不要过意不去。

Harry:  [ He gets up to leave. ] I'll phone you.

我会给你打电话的。

Susan: I hope your daughter is all right. Good-bye.

我希望你女儿安然无恙。再见。

Harry: Good-bye.

再见。
27个相关单词

与课文关联的单词

accountant

/əˈkaʊntənt/n. 会计师

universe

/ˈjuːnɪvɜːs/n. 宇宙

recommend *

/ˌrekəˈmend/v. 推荐

ordering

/ˈɔːdərɪŋ/v. 点餐

follow *

/ˈfɒləʊ/v. 跟随

special *

/ˈspeʃ(ə)l/n. 特色菜 adj.专门的

ginger

/ˈdʒɪndʒə(r)/n. 生姜味的

ale

/eɪl/n. 麦芽汽水

dry *

/draɪ/adj. 苦涩的

also *

/ˈɔːlsəʊ/adv. 也;同样地

crispy

/ˈkrɪspi/adj. 酥脆的

salad

/ˈsæləd/n. 沙拉

hope *

/həʊp/v. 猜想

starving

/ˈstɑːvɪŋ/n. 饿

development *

/dɪˈveləpmənt/n. 开发

company *

/ˈkʌmpəni/n. 公司

CPA

/ˌsiː piː ˈeɪ/n. 注册会计师(Certified Public Accountant)

number *

/ˈnʌmbə(r)/n. 数字

accounting

/əˈkaʊntɪŋ/n. 会计顾问

firm *

/fɜːm/n. 事务所

forgive *

/fəˈɡɪv/v. 原谅

terrible *

/ˈterəb(ə)l/adj. 令人讨厌

serious *

/ˈsɪəriəs/adj. 严重的

stomachache

/ˈstʌməkeɪk/n. 胃疼

chance *

/tʃɑːns/n. 机会

worry *

/ˈwʌri/n. 担心

phone *

/fəʊn/v. 打电话
笔记更新中
当您看到了此提示,说明本课笔记还在正在努力更新中...
初入餐厅 更新于:2026-04-24 13:58:07

This is my friend Harry Bennett. 这位是我的朋友哈里·贝内特。

This is... 这位是...

  • This is my colleague, David. 这位是我的同事戴维。
  • Mom, this is the teacher I told you about. 妈,这位就是我跟你提过的那个老师。
  • This is a friend of mine from college. 这位是我的一位大学同学。
I'd like you to meet... 我想让你见见...I'd like you to meet my supervisor. 我想向你介绍一下我的主管。
Allow me to introduce... 请允许我介绍...Allow me to introduce our guest speaker. 请允许我介绍我们的演讲嘉宾。

Any friend of Miss Stewart's is welcome at Somsak's. 只要是斯图尔特小姐的朋友,在我们这儿都受欢迎。

Any friend of someone's 某人的任何一个朋友

  • Any friend of yours is a friend of mine. 你的朋友就是我的朋友。
  • He said that any friend of his could stay for dinner. 他说他的任何朋友都可以留下来吃晚饭。
  • We are happy to help any friend of the family's. 我们很乐意帮助这个家庭的任何一位朋友。
A friend of mine 我的一个朋友I'm going to the cinema with a friend of mine. 我要和一个朋友去电影院。
Make oneself at home 别见外/像在自己家一样Please make yourself at home. 请别客气,当成自己家一样。

Follow me, please. 请跟我来。

Follow me 跟我来 / 跟我走

  • If you'll just follow me, I'll show you to your seat. 请跟我来,我带您去座位。
  • Follow me to the conference room, everyone. 各位,请跟我去会议室。
  • Please follow me; the exit is this way. 请跟我走,出口在这边。
This way, please 这边请This way, please; the doctor is ready to see you. 这边请,医生准备好见您了。
Lead the way 带路You know the place better, so you lead the way. 你更熟悉这儿,你带路吧。

I like it here. 我喜欢这儿。

like it here 喜欢这儿(的环境/氛围)

  • Do you like it here in New York? 你喜欢纽约这儿吗?
  • I really like it here; the people are so friendly. 我真的很喜欢这儿,这儿的人太友好了。
  • She didn't like it here at first, but now she does. 她起初不喜欢这儿,但现在喜欢了。
Enjoy the atmosphere 享受这里的氛围I really enjoy the atmosphere of this cafe. 我真的很喜欢这家咖啡馆的氛围。
Feel comfortable 感觉舒服/自在I feel comfortable working in this office. 在这间办公室工作我觉得很自在。

I do, too. 我也一样(喜欢)。

do, too 我也一样(代替上文谓语动词)

  • "I want a coffee." "I do, too." “我想喝咖啡。”“我也是。”
  • "He plays the guitar." "She does, too." “他弹吉他。”“她也弹。”
  • "We need a break." "They do, too." “我们需要歇会儿。”“他们也需要。”
So do I 我也是(更地道)"I love this song." "So do I." “我爱死这首歌了。”“我也是。”
Me too 我也是(口语最常用)"I'm hungry." "Me too." “我饿了。”“我也是。”

I come here often. 我经常来这儿。

come here often 经常来这儿

  • Do you come here often? The food is great. 你经常来这儿吗?这儿吃的不错。
  • I come here often to clear my head. 我经常来这儿散散心。
  • They come here often on the weekends. 他们周末经常来这儿。
Regular 老主顾/常客He is a regular at this bookstore. 他是这家书店的常客。
Frequent 频繁去/常去We frequent the local park in the evenings. 我们傍晚经常去当地的公园。
点餐 更新于:2026-04-24 13:59:05

Would you like something to drink? 想喝点什么吗?

Would you like...? 你想要...吗?(委婉提议/询问)

  • Would you like another cup of coffee? 你还想再来杯咖啡吗?
  • Would you like to join us for dinner tonight? 今晚想和我们一起吃晚饭吗?
  • What would you like for your birthday present? 你生日想要什么礼物?
Do you want...? 你想要...吗?(更直接)Do you want me to help you with that? 你要我帮你弄那个吗?
Can I get you...? 我能给你拿点...吗?Can I get you something cold to drink? 我能给你拿点冷饮吗?

I'd like a glass of ginger ale with ice. 我想来杯加冰的姜汁汽水。

I'd like... 我想要...(礼貌表达需求)

  • I'd like a window seat, please. 请给我一个靠窗的座位。
  • I'd like to book a flight to Paris. 我想订一张去巴黎的机票。
  • I'd like my steak medium-rare. 我的牛排要三分熟。
I'll have... 我要点...(点餐常用)I'll have the cheeseburger and fries. 我要一个芝士汉堡和薯条。
May I have...? 我可以要...吗?(非常礼貌)May I have the bill, please? 请给我账单好吗?

How about a California chablis? 来点加州夏布利白葡萄酒怎么样?

How about...? ...怎么样?(提出建议)

  • How about going for a walk after dinner? 吃完饭去散散步怎么样?
  • How about we meet at six instead of five? 我们要不六点见面,别五点了?
  • I'm busy on Monday. How about Tuesday? 我周一忙。周二怎么样?
What about...? ...呢?/ ...怎么样?What about the people who couldn't come? 那些没能来的人怎么办呢?
I suggest... 我建议...I suggest taking the train to avoid traffic. 我建议坐火车以避开堵车。

Would you like to see a menu? 你想看下菜单吗?

see a menu 看菜单

  • Could we see a menu, please? 请问我们可以看下菜单吗?
  • I don't need to see a menu; I know what I want. 我不需要看菜单,我知道我要点什么。
  • The waiter handed us the menu as soon as we sat down. 我们一坐下服务生就递给了我们菜单。
Wine list 酒单Could you bring us the wine list, please? 能把酒单拿给我们看看吗?
Special of the day 今日特价/特色菜What is the special of the day? 今天的特色菜是什么?

I'll have the mee krob also. 我也要点泰式炒米粉。

I'll have... 我要点... / 我来份...

  • I'll have the same thing as my friend. 我要点和我朋友一样的。
  • I'll have a large pepperoni pizza, please. 请给我来一个大份的意式腊肠比萨。
  • I'll have another glass of water. 我还要再来一杯水。
Go with... 选择... / 决定点...I think I'll go with the seafood pasta. 我想我会选海鲜意面。
Order 点餐Are you ready to order? 您准备好点餐了吗?

May I bring you a salad? 我能为您二位上份沙拉吗?

May I...? 我可以...吗?(极正式的请求许可)

  • May I use your phone for a moment? 我可以借用一下你的电话吗?
  • May I ask who is calling, please? 请问是哪位找?
  • May I be of any assistance to you? 有什么我能帮您的吗?
Can I...? 我能...吗?(通用)Can I open the window? 我能开窗吗?
Could I...? 我能...吗?(较委婉)Could I have a look at that book? 我能看一眼那本书吗?

What do you recommend today? 你今天有什么推荐的吗?

recommend 推荐

  • Can you recommend a good restaurant near here? 你能推荐一家这附近比较好的餐厅吗?
  • I recommend the chocolate cake; it's delicious. 我推荐巧克力蛋糕,非常好吃。
  • What would you recommend for a beginner? 你会给初学者推荐什么?
Suggestion 建议Do you have any suggestions for our trip? 关于我们的旅行你有什么建议吗?
Advice 意见 / 劝告I need some advice on buying a new car. 买新车这事儿我需要点建议。

Why not? 好呀/为什么不呢?

Why not? 为什么不呢? / 赞成提议

  • "Let's go to the beach." "Why not? The weather is perfect." “咱们去海滩吧。”“好呀!天气这么好。”
  • Why not try a different approach this time? 为什么这次不试试不同的方法呢?
  • If you have the money, why not buy the best one? 如果你有钱,为什么不买个最好的呢?
Sure 当然 / 行"Want some ice cream?" "Sure!" “想吃冰淇淋吗?”“当然!”
Sounds good 听起来不错"Let's meet at seven." "Sounds good to me." “咱们七点见。”“我觉得行。”

I'll take care of everything. 我会把一切都安排好的。

take care of 处理 / 照料 / 负责

  • Don't worry about the tickets; I'll take care of them. 别担心票的事,我会处理好的。
  • Who is going to take care of your dog while you're away? 你不在家的时候谁来照看你的狗?
  • She takes care of all the marketing for the company. 她负责公司所有的市场营销工作。
Handle 处理 / 应付I think I can handle this situation myself. 我想我自己能应付这种局面。
Look after 照看Could you look after my bag for a second? 能帮我照看一下包吗?
介绍工作与家庭 更新于:2026-04-24 14:00:46

I hope you're hungry. 我希望你饿了。

starving 饿扁了 / 饿极了

  • I haven't eaten all day; I'm absolutely starving! 我一整天没吃东西了,简直饿扁了!
  • Is dinner ready yet? I'm starving. 晚饭好了吗?我饿得不行了。
  • After the long hike, the kids were starving. 长途徒步之后,孩子们都饿坏了。
Famished 饿极了(较正式)I'm famished after that workout. 那场锻炼之后,我饿坏了。
Could eat a horse 极其饿(夸张说法)I'm so hungry I could eat a horse. 我饿得能吞下一头牛。

What do you do at Universe Toy Company? 你在环球玩具公司是做什么工作的?

What do you do? 你是做什么的?(询问职业)

  • What do you do for a living? 你靠什么谋生?
  • I know you work for Google, but what do you do exactly? 我知道你在谷歌工作,但你具体是做什么的?
  • So, what do you do? I'm a software engineer. 那么,你是做什么工作的?我是个软件工程师。
What's your job? 你的工作是什么?What's your job at the new firm? 你在新公司的职位是什么?
In what field... 在哪一行...In what field are you currently working? 你目前在哪个领域工作?

I know you're a CPA. 我知道你是注册会计师。

CPA 注册会计师

  • He is studying hard to become a CPA. 他正在努力学习,想成为一名注册会计师。
  • Our company needs a CPA to handle the tax audit. 我们公司需要一名注册会计师来处理税务审计。
  • As a CPA, she is very careful with numbers. 作为一名注册会计师,她对数字非常谨慎。
Accountant 会计师The accountant is checking the financial reports. 会计正在核对财务报表。
Bookkeeper 出纳 / 记账员We hired a bookkeeper to manage the daily expenses. 我们请了个记账员来管理日常开支。

I do some work for Smith and Dale, your company's accounting firm. 我在史密斯-戴尔会计师事务所(你们公司的审计单位)做点儿事。

do some work for 为...做点事 / 在...兼职或任职

  • I do some work for a local charity on weekends. 我周末会给当地的一家慈善机构干点儿活。
  • She does some work for a freelance agency. 她为一家自由职业中介机构做些工作。
  • Can you do some work for me this afternoon? 今天下午你能帮我干点活吗?
Freelance 自由职业 / 兼职He freelances as a graphic designer. 他兼职做平面设计师。
Consult for 为...提供咨询She consults for several international tech companies. 她为几家国际科技公司提供咨询服务。

How old is she? 她几岁了?

How old... 几岁 / 多大年纪

  • How old is your new car? 你那辆新车买多久了?
  • I'm not sure how old that building is. 我不确定那栋楼有多少年历史了。
  • How old were you when you learned to swim? 你学游泳的时候几岁?
What's one's age? 某人的年龄是多少?What's the child's age, please? 请问这孩子几岁了?
In one's early/late twenties 在某人二十出头/快三十岁时She is in her early twenties. 她才二十出头。

Do you have a picture of her? 你有她的照片吗?

picture of ...的照片

  • Can I take a picture of you? 我能给你拍张照吗?
  • This is a picture of my hometown. 这是一张我家乡的照片。
  • She has a picture of her dog on her desk. 她书桌上放着一张她狗狗的照片。
  • I'd like to take a shot of the sunrise. 我要拍一张日出的照片。
Photo 照片Please send me the photos from the party. 请把派对的照片发给我。
Snapshot 快照 / 随手拍He took a quick snapshot of the scene. 他给现场拍了张简短的快照。
突发状况 更新于:2026-04-24 14:02:16

There's a phone call for you, Mr. Bennett. 贝内特先生,有你的电话。

phone call for someone 某人的电话

  • "Excuse me, there is a phone call for you in the lobby." “抱歉,大厅有你的电话。”
  • If there's a phone call for me while I'm out, please take a message. 如果我出去的时候有我的电话,请帮我留个言。
  • Is that a phone call for me or for my sister? 那是找我的电话还是找我姐姐的?
Take a call 接电话I'm sorry, he's in a meeting and can't take a call right now. 抱歉,他在开会,现在没法接电话。
Return a call 回电话I'll return your call as soon as possible. 我会尽快给你回电话的。

Please forgive me, Susan, but I have to leave. 请原谅我,苏珊,但我得走了。

forgive 原谅 / 宽恕

  • Please forgive me for being so rude earlier. 请原谅我刚才那么没礼貌。
  • I don't think I can ever forgive him for what he did. 我觉得我永远无法原谅他的所作所为。
  • Forgive and forget is a good policy for a happy life. “原谅并忘却”是幸福生活的良方。
Pardon 原谅 / 宽恕(更正式)I beg your pardon; I didn't mean to interrupt. 请原谅,我不是故意要打断的。
Make up for 弥补How can I make up for missing your birthday? 我该怎么弥补错过了你的生日?

What's the matter? 出什么事了? / 怎么了?

What's the matter? 怎么了? / 出什么麻烦了?

  • You look upset. What's the matter? 你看起来很不高兴。出什么事了?
  • "What's the matter with your car?" "It won't start." “你的车怎么了?”“发动不起来了。”
  • What's the matter? Is everything okay at home? 怎么了?家里一切都好吗?
What's wrong? 怎么了? / 哪儿不对劲?What's wrong? You look like you've seen a ghost. 怎么了?你看起来像见了鬼似的。
What's going on? 发生了什么事?What's going on here? Why is everyone shouting? 这儿发生什么事了?为什么大家都在叫喊?

My daughter isn't feeling well. 我女儿身体不太舒服。

not feel well 感觉不舒服 / 生病

  • I'm not feeling well today; I think I'm coming down with a cold. 我今天感觉不太舒服,我觉得我可能是感冒了。
  • If you're not feeling well, you should go home and rest. 如果你感觉不舒服,就该回家休息。
  • She stayed home from school because she wasn't feeling well. 她没去上学留在家里,因为她感觉不舒服。
Under the weather 身体不适 / 小病I'm feeling a bit under the weather this morning. 我今天早上感觉身体有点儿不舒服。
Sick 生病的He has been sick in bed for three days. 他在床上病了三天了。

She has a stomachache. 她肚子疼。

stomachache 胃痛 / 腹痛

  • Too much candy gave the child a stomachache. 太多的糖果让这孩子肚子疼了。
  • I have a terrible stomachache after eating that spicy food. 吃了那辛辣的食物后,我肚子疼得厉害。
  • Lie down if you have a stomachache. 如果你肚子疼就躺下。
Headache 头痛The loud music gave me a splitting headache. 响亮的音乐震得我头痛欲裂。
Backache 腰酸背痛Sitting at a desk all day can cause backache. 整天坐在办公桌前会导致腰痛。

You didn't have a chance to eat. 你还没顾上吃饭呢。

have a chance to do something 有机会/余暇做某事

  • I hope I'll have a chance to visit London next year. 我希望明年能有机会访问伦敦。
  • Did you have a chance to read the report I sent you? 你有没有机会看我发给你的那份报告?
  • I never had a chance to say good-bye to him. 我一直没机会跟他道别。
Opportunity 机会(更正式)This job is a great opportunity for your career. 这份工作对你的职业生涯是一个极好的机会。
Miss the boat 错过良机If you don't apply now, you'll miss the boat. 如果你现在不申请,你就会错过机会了。

Please, go ahead. 请便 / 你快去吧。

go ahead 请便 / 继续 / 走在前面

  • "May I use your phone?" "Sure, go ahead." “我可以用下你的电话吗?”“当然,请便。”
  • Please go ahead with your story; I'm listening. 请继续讲你的故事吧,我在听着呢。
  • You go ahead; I'll catch up with you in a minute. 你先走吧,我马上就赶上你。
Be my guest 请便 / 别客气"Can I borrow your pen?" "Be my guest." “能借用下你的笔吗?”“请便。”
Carry on 继续Carry on with your work while I'm away. 我不在的时候继续干你的活儿。

We'll make another. 我们会再约时间的。

make another (date/appointment) 再约一次 / 另定时间

  • Since you're busy today, let's make another time. 既然你今天忙,咱们另约时间吧。
  • I'm sorry we missed our meeting; shall we make another? 抱歉我们错过了会议,我们要不要再约个时间?
  • It was a great party; we should make another one soon! 派对很棒,我们应该很快再搞一个!
Reschedule 重新安排时间Could we reschedule our appointment for Friday? 我们能把约会重新安排在周五吗?
Rain check 改期 / 以后再说Can I take a rain check on that dinner? 那顿晚饭我能改天再约吗?