Episode 2 The Blind Date ACT III

介绍会面 第三幕

Watch the video then answer the question: Will Susan and Harry see each other again?

[ In Susan's apartment, Susan and her sister-in-law Marilyn are eating the food from the Thai restaurant. ]

Marilyn: What happened?

出什么事了?

Susan: The baby-sitter called. His daughter is sick.

他的临时保姆打来电话,哈里的女儿生病了。

Marilyn: What's wrong?

什么病?

Susan: I think she has a stomachache. He's a good father.

我想她是肚子痛。他是个好父亲。

Marilyn: So... what do you think of him?

那么… 你觉得他怎么样?

Susan: He's very nice. But I think he was nervous tonight. It was his first date in two years.

他人很好,可是我觉得他今晚有点紧张。这是他两年以来第一次与人约会。

Marilyn: Will you see him again?

你还要与他约会吗?

Susan: I hope so.

我希望如此。

Marilyn: This food is delicious.

这饭菜的味道不错。

Susan: He didn't get a thing to eat.

他什么也没有吃。

Marilyn: [ She looks at the food on the table. ] You ordered enough for three or four people, but I'm not complaining. The food is delicious.

你点的够三、四个人吃了,但我没意见。这菜真好吃。

[ There is a knock at the door. ]

Susan: Who is that?

会是谁呀?

Marilyn: Do you think it's...

你想会不会是…

Susan: No. [ She goes to the door and looks through the peephole. ] You won't believe it, Marilyn!

不会吧。 玛丽琳,说了你也不会相信的!

Marilyn: I believe it. Even without looking.

我相信,我不用看也信。

[ Susan opens the door. ]

Harry: Hi!

嗨!

Susan: How...?

你怎么…

Harry: Your downstairs neighbor let me in.

你楼下的邻居让我进来的。

Susan: Did you go home?

你回家了吗?

Harry: I did, but everything is OK, so I decided to come back. To apologize for leaving so early, I brought you a little gift. [ He gives her a plant. ] It's a bonsai tree for your new apartment.

回过家了,但一切安好。于是我决定回来了。为了表示对我提早离开的歉意,我给你带了一件小礼物。这是为你的新房添的一棵盆栽。

Harry: Hi, Marilyn. I hope it's not too late.

嗨,玛丽琳。 我希望我来得不是太晚。

Marilyn: Oh, not at all. We're still eating.

噢,一点也不晚。我们还在吃着呢。

Susan: Please, come in. Join us. It's our meal from the restaurant.

请进来吧,和我们一起吃吧。这是从餐厅带回来的我们点的菜。

Susan: And how is your daughter?

对了,你女儿怎么样了?

Harry: Oh, she's fine. It was only a tummy ache.

噢,她没事了。只是闹肚子疼。

Susan: It's good that you went back.

你赶回去是对的。

Harry: Yes, I think it's important for me to be there since her mother died.

是的,我想我在场是非常重要的,因为她妈妈去世了。

Susan: I agree. Aren't you hungry?

我也这样想,你一定很饿了吧?

Harry: As a matter of fact... I am hungry.

老实说… 我是饿了。

Marilyn: There's lots of food left.

这儿还剩下很多饭菜呢。

Harry: [ eating ] Mmm, this is delicious!

嗯,很好吃!

Susan: Enjoy!

那就多吃点吧!

Marilyn: I'm going to excuse myself. [ She gets up. ] I have a lot of work to do to get ready for tomorrow. Good night, Harry. It was nice meeting you.

很抱歉失陪,我得为明天做许多准备工作。有不少事要干呢。晚安,哈里,很高兴与你见面。

Harry: Bye, Marilyn.

再见,玛丽琳。

Marilyn: Good night, Susan.

晚安,苏珊。

Susan: Good night, Marilyn.

晚安,玛丽琳。

[ Marilyn leaves. ]


Susan: She's going to a fashion show here in the city tomorrow. She is sleeping here so she won't have to travel from Riverdale in the morning.

她明天要去看市里举行的一场时装表演。她晚上住在这儿,免得早上从里弗代尔赶过来。

Harry: You two must be close.

你们两个关系一定很好。

Susan: We are. The whole Stewart family is close.

是的,我们斯图尔特全家相处都很好。

Harry: I like that.

我喜欢这样的家庭。

[ Later that evening ... ]

Harry: And then, two years ago, my wife died.

然后呢,两年前,我妻子去世了。

Susan: You miss her.

你很思念她。

Harry: I do...yes, but I have Michelle... and with time... 

很想她… 是的,可是我还有米歇尔 … 随着时间的流逝…

Susan: Is there anyone else in your life?

在你生活中还有别的人吗?

Harry: No, not yet. What about you?

没,至今还没有。你呢?

Susan: Oh, I date occasionally, but my work keeps me busy.

哦,我偶尔也和人约会,可是我老是忙于工作。

Harry: [ He looks at his watch. ] Ooh, speaking of keeping busy — I have an early start tomorrow, and the baby-sitter has to get home.

哦,说到忙于工作... 我明天还得早起,而且临时保姆也该回家了。

Harry: [ He starts to put on his jacket. ] Where did the time go? It's midnight. Thank you, Susan. I had a nice evening.

时间过得真快!都午夜了。谢谢你,苏珊。我今天晚上过得很愉快。

Susan: Me, too, Harry.

我也是,哈里。 

 [ She walks with him to the door. ] 

Susan: Harry?

哈里?

Harry: Yes?

什么事?

Susan: I'd like to meet your daughter someday.

我希望有一天能见见你女儿。

Harry: Does that mean that I can see you again?

是不是说我可以再与你见面?

Susan: Of course.

当然。

Harry: Wonderful. I'll call you, and we'll go out to dinner.

那太好了。我会打电话给你,然后咱们一起出去吃饭。

Susan: Please do.

请务必这样做。

Harry: I promise I won't leave early.

我保证我不会提前走了。

Susan: It was for a good reason.

你今天早走是有原因的。

Harry: You know something?

知道吗?

Susan: What?

什么?

Harry: I think we're going to be good friends. Good night, Susan.

我想我们可以成为好朋友的,晚安,苏珊。

Susan: Good night, Harry, Have a safe trip home. [ She closes the door. A moment later there is a loud sound in the hall. ]

晚安,哈里。路上小心。

Susan: [ Susan opens the door. ] Are you all right?

没出什么事吧?

Harry: [ He fell over the umbrella stand, and now he is picking it up. ] Sorry.

对不起。

Susan: [ She smiles. ] I never liked that umbrella stand.

我也从来没喜欢过那个伞架。

Susan: Good night, Harry.

晚安,哈里。

单词列表

27
happen */ ˈhæpən /v. 发生
sick */ sɪk /adj. 不舒服的
nervous/ ˈnɜːvəs /adj. 紧张的
believe */ bɪˈliːv /v. 相信
without */ wɪˈðaʊt /prep. 没有
downstairs/ ˌdaʊnˈsteəz /adj. 在楼下的
decide */ dɪˈsaɪd /v. 决定
apologize/ əˈpɒlədʒaɪz /v. 道歉
gift/ ɡɪft /n. 礼物
bonsai/ ˈbɒnsaɪ /n. 盆景
join */ dʒɔɪn /v. 加入
tummy/ ˈtʌmi /n. 肚子
ache */ eɪk /v. 疼
important */ ɪmˈpɔːt(ə)nt /adj. 重要的
since */ sɪns /conj. 自从...以来
matter */ ˈmætə(r) /n. 事情
fact */ fækt /n. 实际、真相
fashion */ ˈfæʃ(ə)n /n. 时尚、时装
miss */ mɪs /v. 思念
occasionally/ əˈkeɪʒnəli /adv. 偶尔地
midnight/ ˈmɪdnaɪt /n. 半夜
early */ ˈɜːrli /adj. 早的
promise */ ˈprɒmɪs /v. 保证
reason */ ˈriːz(ə)n /n. 理由
safe */ seɪf /adj. 安全的
trip */ trɪp /v. 行...过程
stand */ stænd /v. 位于