Episode 5 The Right Magic ACT III

钓鱼秘诀 第三幕

Watch the video then answer the question: How will Robbie feel?

[ A few minutes later. Robbie returns with Philip's medical bag. Philip is trying to save the boy's life. ]

Robbie: Here's the bag. Will he be OK, Dad?

箱子拿来了。他会没事吗,爸爸?

Philip: I hope so. [ to Albert ] That's it. That's the way. That's it. There. Oh, it's going to be all right. That's it. [ to Grandpa ] Wrap him in the blanket, Dad! [ to Albert ] That's it. That's it. It's all right, Albert. You're going to be OK.

希望没事。对啦。就这样。很好,啊。不会有问题了。对了。用毯子把他裹好,爸爸!对了,就这样。不要紧了,Albert。你不会有问题了。

Albert: I want my daddy!

我要我爸爸!

Philip: We'll take you to him. Easy now. Easy does it. That's it.

我们会送你去他那儿。放轻松,不要紧,没事了。

[ Outside the lodge a little later. ]

Grandpa: Your dad is quite a guy.

你爸爸真不赖。

Robbie: I know, Grandpa.

我知道,爷爷。

[ Philip comes out of the lodge. Alber's father is with him. ]

Grandpa: How is he, Philip?

他怎样了,Philip?

Philip: He's asleep. He's going to be fine.

他睡了。他不会有事了。

Albert's Dad: How can I thank all of you?

我该如何感谢你们?

Philip: Thank my son Robbie. He pulled him out of the water.

谢我儿子Robbie吧。是他把你孩子从水里拉上来的。

Albert's Dad: I'm very grateful, Robbie.

非常感谢你, Robbie。

Robbie: Dad saved him, not me.

是爸爸救了他,不是我。

Albert's Dad: I'm so thankful to all of you. [ He shakes their hands and leaves. ]

非常感谢你们。

Philip: So long.

再见。

Grandpa: He's a lucky boy. Well, what do you say we get back to our fishing?

他是个幸运的孩子。你们说,我们继续钓鱼怎么样?

Philip: That a great idea. [ His beeper sounds. ] Uh-oh. It's probably the hospital. I have to get to a phone. It probably means we can't stay.

好主意。哎哟,可能是医院。我得去找个电话。看来我们可能不能呆了。

Robbie: That's OK.

没有关系。

[ Philip goes into the lodge to telephone the hospital. A few minutes later, he returns. ]

Philip: One of my patients has a high fever, and I have to go to the hospital. I'm sorry, Robbie. I guess I ruined your day.

我的一位病人发高烧,我得赶去医院。对不起,Robbie。我想我今天扫了你的兴了。

Robbie: You didn't ruin my day, Dad. I understand. I really do.

你没有扫我的兴,爸爸。我能理解,真的。

[ In the Stewarts' kitchen later that day. Ellen is cooking. Grandpa and Robbie enter. ]

Ellen: Why are you back so early?

你们怎么这么早回来?

Grandpa: Philip had to go back to the hospital. 

Philip必须要回医院。

Robbie:He had an emergency.

他有紧急事情。

Ellen: Oh, that's too bad, Robbie. Did it spoil your fun?

啊,那太遗憾了,Robbie。会不会让你扫兴?

Robbie: No, Mom. We had a great time.

不,妈妈。我们玩得很高兴。

Ellen: Well, did you do any fishing?

你们钓鱼了吗?

Robbie: Yeah, we caught lots of them. Look! [ He empties a bag onto the table. ] They had a special on frozen fish down at the supermarket.

当然,我们钓到好多鱼。看!超级市场冷冻鱼特价。

Ellen: [ She lifts the bag.] Oh, you really had a bad day.

哦,你们今天真没意思。

Grandpa: We had a good day. Robbie pulled a boy out of the water.

我们今天玩得很开心。Robbie从水中救出一个孩子。

Robbie: And Dad saved his life. He's a terrific doctor, Mom.

爸爸救了他的命。爸爸是个了不起的医生,妈妈。

Ellen: I know.

我知道。

[ In the Stewarts' kitchen that night. Grandpa and Robbie are doing the dishes. ]

Philip: Hi, Pop. Hi, Son.

你好,爸爸。你好,儿子。

Robbie: Hello, Dad.

你好,爸爸。

Philip: What a day!

今天好忙!

Grandpa: How about a cup of coffee, Son?

来杯咖啡怎么样,儿子?

Philip: I'd love a cup of coffee.

我是想来杯咖啡。

Robbie: How was the patient?

病人怎么样了?

Philip: She'll be fine.

她会好的。

Robbie: Was it serious?

病得很重吗?

Philip: No.

不。

Robbie: Until today, I was never really interested in medicine.

直到今天,我才对医学真正感兴趣。

Philip: Well, it's hard work.

嗯,这种工作很辛苦。

Robbie: Now I know.

我现在知道了。

Philip: [ He pats Robbie on the back. ] I had a good time today, Robbie.

我今天玩得很开心,Robbie。

Robbie: Me, too.

我也一样。

Philip: Why don't we do it again?

我们再来一次怎么样?

Robbie: Can we? When?

行吗?什么时候?

Philip: How about next Saturday?

下周六如何?

Robbie: Won't you be busy?

你不是有事吗?

Philip: I'm changing my schedule. Well, do we have a date?

我准备把工作时间改一下。哦,我们算是约定了吗?

Robbie: We sure do, Dad. Grandpa, can you come?

当然,爸爸。爷爷,你能去吗?

Grandpa: I have other plans, Robbie. But I think you two can have a good time together without me.

我另有安排,Robbie。但我觉得我不去你们也会玩得很开心。

Philip: No, Dad, and certainly not without the right magic.

不,爸爸,没有正确的魔法绝对不行。

单词列表

11
grateful/ ˈɡreɪtf(ə)l /adj. 感谢的,感激的
thankful/ ˈθæŋkfl /adj. 感谢的,感激的
beeper/ ˈbiːpə(r) /n. 传呼机(B.P机)
fever */ ˈfiːvə(r) /n. 发烧,发热
ruined/ ˈruːɪnd /v. 毁坏
emergency */ ɪˈmɜːdʒənsi /n. 紧急情况
frozen/ ˈfrəʊz(ə)n /adj. 冷冻的
down */ daʊn /adj. 便宜的,低廉的
pat */ pæt /v. 轻拍
schedule */ ˈʃedjuːl /n. 计划(表)
plan */ plæn /n. (详细)规划