Episode 18 Making a Difference ACT III当仁不让 第三幕

Ellen: ... my slogan is "I care."

……我的口号是“我关心”。

Ellen: I care about people, not things.

我关心的是人,而不是事物。

Ellen: Vote for me, Ellen Stewart.

请投我,艾伦·斯图尔特一票。

Ellen: I care.

我关心大家。

Ellen: How was it?

表现得怎么样?

Philip: You were terrific!

你表现得太棒了!

Robbie: Can I see it?

我可以看看吗?

Richard: Sure.

当然可以。

Ellen: Hello. My name is Ellen Stewart,

你们好。我叫艾伦·斯图尔特。

Ellen: and I'm running for the open seat on the school board.

我正在竞选学校董事会的席位。

Ellen: My slogan is "I care."

我的口号是“我关心”。

Ellen: What does the word care mean?

“关心”这个词意味着什么?

Ellen: ... I care about people, not things.

……我关心的是人,而不是冷冰冰的事物。

Ellen: Vote for me, Ellen Stewart.

请投我,艾伦·斯图尔特一票。

Ellen: I care.

我关心大家。

Alexandra: I like it,

我觉得拍得很好。

Alexandra: but now what?

但接下来怎么办?

Alexandra: How can we possibly get it on so Riverdale

我们怎么才能让里弗代尔的人们

Alexandra: will see it and hear it?

看到并听到这段话呢?

Richard: Leave it to me.

交给我吧。

Ellen: ... I mean that when I say "I care",

……我的意思是,当我说“我关心”时,

Ellen: I care about people, not things.

我关心的是人,而不是死板的事物。

Ellen: Vote for me, Ellen Stewart.

请投我,艾伦·斯图尔特一票。

Ellen: I care.

我关心大家。

Philip: What happened?

发生什么事了?

Robbie: Mom is now on television

妈妈现在出现在

Robbie: in every appliance store in Riverdale,

里弗代尔每一家电器行的电视屏上。

Robbie: except Hamlin's.

除了哈姆林那家。

Robbie: He's a Boswell voter.

他是博斯韦尔的支持者。

Philip: That's a brilliant idea, Richard!

理查德,这主意太绝了!

Philip: You inherited your father's brains.

你继承了你父亲的好头脑。

Richard: We got our brains from you, Dad.

爸爸,我们是跟您学得这么聪明的。

Richard: And guess what?

你们猜怎么着?

Richard: I called channel five.

我给5频道打了电话。

Richard: Their TV news is going to cover it.

他们的电视新闻准备报道这件事。

Richard: "Housewife campaigns in appliance stores."

标题是“家庭主妇在电器行展开竞选”。

Richard: And I'll bet

我敢打赌,

Richard: some magazine will pick up the story, too.

肯定也会有杂志转载这则报道的。

Robbie: Mom, you're going to win!

妈妈,你肯定会赢的!

Robbie: I know it!

我知道!

Ellen: Hold it, Robbie!

等一下,罗比!

Ellen: Just cool down.

冷静一点。

Ellen: I know we're getting some attention now,

我知道我们现在确实引起了一些关注,

Ellen: but in the end the voters will have to decide.

但最终还是要由选民来决定。

Philip: You're gonna win.

你会赢的。

Philip: Trust me!

相信我!

TV Reporter: In the hotly contested race

在这场争夺里弗代尔学校董事会

TV Reporter: for the one seat on the Riverdale School Board,

唯一席位的激烈角逐中,

TV Reporter: Mrs. Ellen Stewart has taken an early lead.

艾伦·斯图尔特太太初步领先。

Robbie: She's winning!

她领先了!

Robbie: Mom, you're winning!

妈妈,你领先了!

TV Reporter: Now returning to other local news ...

现在回到其他地方新闻……

TV Reporter: Riverdale High School

里弗代尔高中

TV Reporter: beat its rival Horace Mann in baseball today ...

在今天的棒球赛中击败了老对手霍勒斯·曼队……

Ellen: It's too soon to know for certain.

现在下定论还为时过早。

Philip: You're ahead.

你正领先着呢。

Philip: That's better than being behind.

这总比落后要好。

TV Reporter: More sports after this.

稍后为您带来更多体育消息。

Ellen: It's not over yet.

选举还没结束。

Ellen: Let's just all calm down,

大家都先冷静一下,

Ellen: and wait for the final results.

等待最后的结果。

Grandpa: Ellen, why don't you go out to the backyard

艾伦,你为什么不去后院

Grandpa: and get some fresh air?

呼吸一下新鲜空气呢?

Ellen: Thank you, Grandpa.

谢谢您,爷爷。

Ellen: I need some.

我确实需要透透气。

Robbie: What happened?

怎么样了?

Philip: You came very close, Ellen.

艾伦,你已经非常接近了。

Philip: You lost by only a hundred and twenty-one votes.

你只以一百二十一票之差落选。

Ellen: I lost.

我输了。

Richard: You tried, Mom.

妈妈,你已经尽力了。

Richard: You lost by a very small number of votes.

你输掉的票数非常少。

Alexandra: Only one hundred and twenty-one votes!

仅仅一百二十一票!

Robbie: I'm sorry, Mom.

我很遗憾,妈妈。

Richard: There just wasn't enough time.

只是时间不够充分。

Philip: Look,

听着,

Philip: you've made a very strong impression

你已经给我们的社区

Philip: on our community.

留下了非常深刻的印象。

Philip: You'll have another chance next election.

下次选举你还有机会。

Ellen: Hello.

喂,你好。

Ellen: Oh, yes, yes, Mr. Maxwell.

噢,是的,是的,麦克斯韦先生。

Philip: Hello, Mr. Maxwell.

你好,麦克斯韦先生。

Philip: How are you?

您好吗?

Maxwell: I just called to tell you

我打电话是想告诉你,

Maxwell: that you are very impressive.

你表现得非常出色。

Maxwell: You lost the election,

你虽然输掉了竞选,

Maxwell: but you won the attention of the residents of Riverdale,

但你赢得了里弗代尔居民、

Maxwell: of Boswell, and of me.

博斯韦尔以及我的关注。

Ellen: Well, thank you, Mr. Maxwell.

噢,谢谢您,麦克斯韦先生。

Ellen: I appreciate your kind words.

我很感谢您的鼓励。

Ellen: I needed that.

我现在正需要这些话。

Maxwell: I hear Boswell

我听说博斯韦尔

Maxwell: wants to appoint you to a special arts committee.

想任命你为一个特别艺术委员会的成员。

Maxwell: I'm sending over a reporter

我明天早上会派一名记者

Maxwell: in the morning to interview you.

去采访你。

Ellen: You are?

真的吗?

Maxwell: I'm gonna do an article

我打算写一篇文章,

Maxwell: on "Ellen Stewart--she cares."

题目就叫“艾伦·斯图尔特——她关心大家”。

Maxwell: Maybe we'll all care now.

也许现在我们大家都会开始关心了。

Maxwell: Good-bye.

再见。

Ellen: Thank you--

谢谢您——

Ellen: and good-bye.

再见。

Robbie: What was that about?

那是怎么回事?

Ellen: You were right, Philip.

菲利普,你说得对。

Ellen: I did make a difference in town.

我确实在这个小镇发挥了影响力。

Ellen: And in this family.

也给这个家带来了改变。
笔记更新中
当您看到了此提示,说明本课笔记还在正在努力更新中...