Episode 14 Playing Games ACT II 做游戏 第二幕

[ At the door of Susan's apartment. Susan and Harry are waiting for Michelle and her friends to come inside. ]

Michelle: Oh, Daddy! We had such a good time at the aquarium. I saw a real shark.  I could almost touch it.

噢,爸爸!我们在水族馆玩得太开心了。我看到真正的鲨鱼了。我差一点就能摸到它。

Harry: I'm so glad. [ to Mrs. Cooper and the girls ] Hi, Michelle, why don't you introduce everybody to Susan?

那太好了。嗨,米歇尔,你不给苏珊介绍一下大家吗?

Michelle: Hi, Susan.

嗨,苏珊。

Susan: Hi.

嗨。

Michelle: I'd like you to meet Audrey and her mother, Mrs. Cooper.

我给你介绍一下,这是奥德丽和她妈妈库珀太太。

Susan: Hello, Audrey. Nice to meet you, Mrs. Cooper. [ She shakes their hands. ] I'm Susan Stewart.

你好,奥德丽。很高兴认识你,库珀太太。我是苏珊·斯图尔特。

Michelle: And this is Shirley and Nicole.

这位是雪莉,还有妮可。

Susan: Hi, girls. [ She shakes their hands. ]

你们好,姑娘们。

Harry: Come on in. Come on in, Mrs. Cooper. Come on in, everybody.

快进来吧。请进,库珀太太。大家都进来吧。

Mrs. Cooper: The aquarium was so exciting. I had never been there before. The girls learned a great deal. Frankly, so did I.

水族馆真是太精彩了。我以前从没去过。孩子们学到了很多东西。说实话,我也是。

Susan: Well, please sit down and tell us all about it during lunch.

快坐下吧,边吃午饭边给我们讲讲。

[ They all sit down at the table. ]

Harry: We prepared some tuna fish and cheese sandwiches for lunch.

我们准备了金枪鱼三明治和奶酪三明治当午餐。

Michelle: I love tuna fish. Don't you, Audrey?

我最喜欢金枪鱼了。你也是吧,奥德丽?

Susan: I remember when I used to be a Girl Scout. My mother would take us everywhere, too.

我记得我以前当女童子军的时候,我妈妈也常常带我们到处去。

Mrs. Cooper: Susan, I understand you're in the toy business.

苏珊,我听说你是做玩具这一行的。

Susan: Yes, I am. My company manufactures toys and games for children.

是的。我们公司生产儿童玩具和游戏。

Harry: Susan's vice-president in charge of new toys and games.

苏珊是负责新玩具和游戏产品的副总裁。

Susan: And the marketing of new toys and games.

还负责新玩具和游戏产品的市场推广。

Michelle: Can we test a new game for you, Susan?

苏珊,我们能帮你试玩新游戏吗?

Susan: That's an excellent idea, Michelle. I happen to have a game which I brought home to study.

这主意真不错,米歇尔。我正好带了一个游戏回家研究。

Michelle: Let us try it! Do you want to play? Nicole? Shirley? Audrey?

让我们试试吧!你们想玩吗?妮可?雪莉?奥德丽?

Susan: [ She takes out a game. ] We tested it last week on twelve-to fifteen-year-olds, and they found it to be too easy --in other words ... boring. We think it might be just right for ten-to twelve-year-olds.

我们上周让十二到十五岁的孩子试玩过,他们觉得太简单了——换句话说,就是有点无聊。我们觉得它可能更适合十到十二岁的孩子。

Michelle: That's us, Susan.

那不就是我们吗,苏珊。

Susan: First, you shuffle the deck and lay them face down. Then you select the leader. I'll be the leader. The leader takes the first ten cards and lays them face up on this stand.

首先,把整副牌洗好并背面朝下扣在桌上。然后选出一位主持人。我来当主持人,主持人从牌堆拿最上面的十张牌,正面朝上摆在这个架子上。

Susan: [ She places the letters h-t-e-r-c-z-e-p-e-s on the stand. ] Everyone gets a turn, going counterclockwise, left to right.

大家按逆时针方向,从左到右轮流来。

Susan: You have thirty seconds to make a word, using as many letters as possible. You get one point for each letter, plus the person with the longest word gets ten extra points. The first one to get one hundred points wins.

你们有三十秒时间拼出一个单词,尽量多用字母。每个字母算一分,拼出最长单词的人还能额外加十分。第一个拿到一百分的人获胜。

Michelle: That's easy.

太简单了。

Susan: OK, let's go around the table. You first, Audrey.

好,我们按顺序来。奥德丽,你先。

Audrey: [ She gets up and points to the letters on the stand. ] Chest--c-h-e-s-t.

Chest——c-h-e-s-t。

Susan: Good. That's five points. Next, Nicole.

很好,五分。下一位,妮可。

Nicole: [ She also gets up and points to the letters. ] Three--t-h-r-e-e.

Three——t-h-r-e-e。

Susan: OK. That's five points also. It's your turn, Shirley.

好,也是五分。轮到你了,雪莉。

Shirley: [ She also gets up to make a word. ] Creep--c-r-e-e-p.

Creep——c-r-e-e-p。

Susan: Creep. That's another five-letter word. Five points. So far, you're all tied.

Creep。又是一个五个字母的单词。五分。到目前为止,你们打成平手。

Harry: [ He calls out his word. ] Sheet--s-h-e-e-t.

Sheet——s-h-e-e-t。

Susan: Sheet is a five-letter word. Michelle, your turn.

Sheet是个五个字母的单词。米歇尔,该你了。

Michelle: [ She calls out her word. ] Cheese--c-h-e-e-s-e.

Cheese——c-h-e-e-s-e。

Susan: Terrific! Michelle wins with a six-letter word, plus she gets an additional ten points for a total of sixteen points. How are you enjoying the game so far?

太棒了!米歇尔拼出了一个六个字母的单词获胜,再加额外十分,总共十六分。到目前为止,你们觉得这个游戏怎么样?

Michelle: I think it's too easy.

我觉得太简单了。

Susan: Too easy?

太简单了?

Harry: Michelle!

米歇尔!

Susan: It's OK, Harry. Michelle is quite right. She just said it's too easy.

没关系,哈里。米歇尔说得没错。她只是觉得这个游戏太简单了。

Harry: Well, I like the game.

不过我倒挺喜欢这个游戏。

[ Everyone laughs. ]

Mrs. Cooper: I enjoyed lunch, Susan. Thank you so much, but we have to get going to meet the rest of the troop at two o'clock at the museum.

午餐很棒,苏珊。非常感谢,不过我们得走了,两点钟还要去博物馆和其他童子军成员会合。

Susan: Oh, it was nice meeting all of you. I hope you have a wonderful time at the Museum of Natural History. [ She walks them to the door. ]

噢,很高兴认识你们大家。希望你们在自然历史博物馆玩得开心。

Harry: Good-bye, everybody. Have a good time.

再见,大家。玩得开心。

Girls: Bye.

再见。

Harry: [ to Mrs. Cooper ] See you in front of the museum at five o'clock.

五点钟在博物馆门口见。

Mrs. Cooper: Oh, OK. Thanks, Mr. Bennett. That'll be fine. And thanks again for the lunch and for the game.

噢,好的。谢谢你,贝内特先生。那就这么说定了。也再次谢谢你们准备的午餐和游戏。

Michelle: Good-bye, Susan. It's not a bad game. It's just ... slow.

再见,苏珊。这游戏其实不差,只是… 不够刺激。

Susan: Just slow. You helped save our company a lot of money. Bye-bye.

就是有点拖沓。你可是帮我们公司省下了一大笔钱。再见。

[ Michelle and her friends leave with Mrs. Cooper. ]

Harry: You are wonderful with kids.

你真有孩子缘。

Susan: I am.

那当然。

Harry: Isn't there a conversation that we have to finish? [ Susan smiles. ]

咱们刚才那话… 是不是还没聊完呢?

本课重点词汇

19 个相关单词

tuna

/ ˈtjuːnə / n. 金枪鱼

scout

/ skaʊt / n. 童子军

manufacture

/ ˌmænjuˈfæktʃə(r) / v. 生产,制造

vice-president

/ ˌvaɪs ˈprezɪdənt / n. 副总裁

charge *

/ tʃɑːdʒ / n. 掌管

marketing

/ ˈmɑːkɪtɪŋ / n. 营销部

shuffle

/ ˈʃʌf(ə)l / v. 洗牌

deck

/ dek / n. 一副扑克

face down

/ feis daun / n. 面朝下;背面朝上

select

/ sɪˈlekt / v. 选择

leader *

/ ˈliːdə(r) / n. 主持者

card *

/ kɑːd / n. 纸牌

face up

/ feis ʌp / n. 面朝上

stand *

/ stænd / n. 架子

turn *

/ tɜːn / n. 轮到的机会

counterclockwise

/ ˌkaʊntəˈklɒkwaɪz / adv. 逆时针方向

plus *

/ plʌs / prep. 外加

tied

/ taɪd / adj. 打成平局的,得相同比分的

additional

/ əˈdɪʃən(ə)l / adj. 额外的

市内旅游

更新于:2026-05-20 20:50:35
3

We had such a good time at the aquarium.我们在水族馆玩得可太开心了。

have a good time 玩得开心 / 享受美好时光

  • We always have a good time when we visit the cultural and historical exhibits uptown. 每当我们参观市中心的文化和历史展览时,总是玩得非常开心。
  • Did you have a good time traveling through the natural scenic regions last month? 你上个月去自然风景区旅游玩得开心吗?
  • I hope the students have a good time learning English through these interactive daily scripts. 我希望学生们通过这些互动的日常剧本能高高兴兴地把英语学好。
Enjoy oneself 玩得痛快 / 过得愉快 The children thoroughly enjoyed themselves at Audrey's birthday party. 孩子们在奥德丽的生日聚会上玩得痛快极了。
Have a blast 玩得超级疯狂 / 极其尽兴(口语极高频) We had a blast checking out the real shark at the Brooklyn Aquarium today. 我们今天在布鲁克林水族馆看真鲨鱼,简直玩得太刺激、太尽兴了。

Michelle, why don't you introduce everybody to Susan?米歇尔,你给大家把苏珊介绍一下呗?

why don't you do something 你为什么不……呢? / 组不……吧?(常用于委婉地提出建议或请求)

  • Why don't you verify the current domain hosting configuration settings with HostDare? 你为什么不向 HostDare 重新核对一下当下的域名托管配置设定呢?
  • Why don't you take a quick bite of this delicious freshly baked pumpernickel bread? 你干嘛不赶紧尝一口这刚烤好的香喷喷的粗麦面包呢?
  • If you are starving, why don't you join us for a quick tuna fish sandwich lunch? 要是你都快饿扁了,那不如加入我们一块儿简单吃个金枪鱼三明治午餐吧?
How about [doing] ……怎么样?(提议) How about introducing your classmates to Harry before we sit down at the table? 在咱们去桌边坐下之前,先把你的同学介绍给哈里认识怎么样?
You might want to [do] 你或许可以/想要……(极其委婉客气的建议) You might want to think about checking your language learning streaks on Duolingo. 你或许可以考虑去检查一下你在多邻国上的语言学习打卡进度。

I'd like you to meet Audrey and her mother.我想让你见见奥德丽和她的妈妈。

I'd like you to meet... 我想让你见见/认识一下……(口语中引荐新朋友时最经典、最地道的开场白)

  • I'd like you to meet the lead engineer who designed our multi-agent orchestration tool. 我想让你见见设计了我们多智能体编排工具的总工程师。
  • I'd like you to meet my old friend who used to be a prominent Girl Scout leader. 我想让你认识一下我的老朋友,她以前曾是一位非常杰出的女童军负责人。
  • Come on in, Susan, I'd like you to meet some of our neighbors from the suburbs. 快请进,苏珊,我想让你认识一下我们几位来自郊区的邻居。
Let me introduce... 让我来介绍…… Let me introduce our marketing vice-president in charge of new toys and games. 让我来介绍一下我们负责新玩具和游戏营销的副总裁。
This is... 这位是……(最直接、最生活化的介绍方式) Michelle, this is Mrs. Cooper, Audrey’s mother who just moved to New York. 米歇尔,这位是库珀夫人,奥德丽的妈妈,刚搬到纽约来。

The girls learned a great deal.姑娘们学到了好大一通知识。

a great deal 大量 / 极多(既可作名词充当宾语,也可作状语修饰动词或形容词)

  • We spent the weekend at the Natural History Museum and learned a great deal. 我们周末在自然历史博物馆度过,着实学到了大量的知识。
  • The new tracking script has optimized our platform’s database performance a great deal. 这个全新的追踪脚本极大地优化了我们平台的数据库表现。
  • He has saved a great deal of time by utilizing automated artificial intelligence workflows. 通过使用自动化的人工智能工作流,他节省了极多的时间。
A lot 很多 / 极多(口语最常见) Frankly, I learned a lot about marine wildlife during our short visit to the aquarium. 坦率地说,在去水族馆那趟短暂的参观里,我了解到了很多关于海洋野生动物的知识。
In abundance 丰盛地 / 大量地(常作状语,带有一点文学色彩) Fresh local tomatoes and organic vegetables can be found in abundance in the country market. 在乡村集市上,可以找到极其丰富的本地新鲜西红柿和有机蔬菜。

Susan, I understand you're in the toy business.苏珊,我听说(了解道)你是做玩具生意的。

I understand (that)... 我听说 / 我了解到 / 据我所知……(用于客气、委婉地向对方核实已经掌握的某种背景信息)

  • I understand you are responsible for the marketing of these new interactive games. 我了解到,你主要负责这些新型互动游戏的营销推广工作。
  • I understand that the legal name on your identity documentation has already been updated. 据我所知,你身份证明文件上的法定姓名实际上已经完成了更新。
  • I understand you maintain several popular web properties for sharing English study resources. 我听说你维护着好几个挺受欢迎的网站资产,用来分享英语学习资源。
I hear (that)... 我听说……(口语随性、直接) I hear that Susan's company manufactures some excellent educational games for kids. 我听说苏珊的公司为孩子们生产了一些非常棒的带有教育意义的游戏。
Word has it that... 有传闻说…… / 听说……(侧重消息在外界流传) Word has it that Harry is planning to move from the suburbs back into New York City. 听说哈里正打算把家从郊区重新搬回到纽约市区里来。

I happen to have a game which I brought home to study.我碰巧带了一款游戏回家研究。

happen to do something 碰巧做某事 / 恰好……

  • If you happen to see any routing errors on the host server, please let the technical team know. 如果你刚好碰巧看到主机服务器上有任何路由错误,请立刻通知技术团队。
  • I happen to have a spare digital camera with me, so you can borrow it for the museum tour. 我身上恰好带了一台备用的数码相机,你可以借去在博物馆参观时用。
  • She happened to be checking her website interaction analytics when the massive traffic spike hit. 当巨大的流量峰值袭来时,她碰巧正在查看她网站的用户交互分析数据。
By chance 偶然地 / 碰巧(通常放在句尾作状语) We met Mrs. Cooper and her daughter Audrey at the Brooklyn Aquarium completely by chance. 我们和库珀夫人以及她女儿奥德丽完全是在布鲁克林水族馆偶然碰上的。
As luck would have it 碰巧的是 / 真是无巧不成书(中性或褒义均可) As luck would have it, the rain stopped right when the young students stepped into the park. 碰巧的是,那些年轻学生刚一跨进公园大门,雨就停了。

纸牌游戏

更新于:2026-05-20 20:51:54
3

We tested it last week on twelve-to fifteen-year-olds.我们上周在十二到十五岁的孩子身上测试了这款游戏。

test something on someone/something 在……身上测试某物

  • The development team always tests new automation workflows on staging servers first. 开发团队总是先在分流测试服务器上测试新的自动化工作流。
  • They plan to test the interactive learning software on a small group of language students. 他们计划在一小群语言学习者身上测试这款互动学习软件。
  • Never test experimental configuration scripts on your primary web property without a backup. 在没有备份的情况下,千万不要在你的主网站资产上测试实验性的配置脚本。
Trial 试用 / 试验(常用于产品或方案的初试) We are trialling the multi-agent system with a few select client domains this month. 我们本月正在几家选定的客户域名上试用这套多智能体系统。
Experiment with 用……做实验 / 尝试新方法 The marketing department loves to experiment with different advertisement layouts to boost revenue. 营销部门非常喜欢尝试不同的广告布局以提升收入。

In other words ... boring.换句话说……太无聊了。

in other words 换句话说 / 也就是说(常用于进一步解释或用更简单的语言总结)

  • Your server has utilized 100% of its available bandwidth; in other words, it's completely overloaded. 你的服务器已经用尽了所有可用带宽;换句话说,它已经彻底超载了。
  • He maintained his daily streak for over two years; in other words, his discipline is incredible. 他坚持每天打卡连续两年多;也就是说,他的自律能力惊人。
  • The toy was designed for older kids; in other words, it might be too complicated for ten-year-olds. 这款玩具是给大孩子设计的;换句话说,对十岁孩子来说可能太复杂了。
That is to say 也就是说 / 即(更正式) The domain registration has officially expired; that is to say, the website is now offline. 域名注册已正式到期;也就是说,该网站目前已下线。
To put it simply 简单来说 / 简而言之 To put it simply, the new marketing strategy focuses entirely on video content generation. 简单来说,新的营销策略完全聚焦于视频内容的生产。

First, you shuffle the deck and lay them face down.首先,你得洗牌,然后把它们正面朝下铺开。

shuffle the deck 洗牌(在口语中也常比喻“重新洗牌 / 职能或人事的重新调整”)

  • Before dealing the cards for the new word game, make sure to shuffle the deck thoroughly. 在为新的文字游戏发牌前,一定要确保把牌彻底洗匀。
  • The company board decided to shuffle the management deck to improve operational efficiency. 公司董事会决定对管理层进行重新洗牌,以提高运营效率。
  • It’s hard to predict your next move when the dealer continues to shuffle the deck. 当发牌员不停地洗牌时,很难预测你下一步的动向。
Mix up 混淆 / 把……彻底弄混 Please don't mix up the original documents with the newly printed reference materials. 请不要把原始文件和新打印的参考资料弄混了。
Rearrange 重新排列 / 调整顺序 We need to rearrange the interactive user interface options based on recent analytics. 我们需要根据最近的分析数据来重新排列互动用户界面的选项。

Everyone gets a turn, going counterclockwise.大家轮流来,按逆时针方向轮。

get a turn / take turns 获得轮流的机会 / 轮流做某事

  • Every student in the English study group will get a turn to practice real-time translation skills. 英语学习小组里的每位学生都将获得轮流练习实时翻译能力的机会。
  • Please wait patiently in the queue; everyone will get a turn to test the new video game. 请在队列中耐心等待;每个人都会轮到机会来测试这款新视频游戏的。
  • The two children take turns helper diaper the little baby in the living room. 这两个孩子在客厅里轮流帮忙给小宝宝换尿布。
In rotation 轮流地 / 依次地(更强调按特定顺序循环) The technical monitoring team checks the primary server infrastructure in rotation. 技术监控团队依次轮流对主服务器基础设施进行日常检查。
By turns 轮流(通常用于文学或较为正式的叙述中) They were by turns excited and anxious about the upcoming marketing deployment milestone. 对于即将到来的营销部署里程碑,他们轮番感到兴奋与焦虑。

So far, you're all tied.到目前为止,你们大家全打成了平手。

so far 到目前为止(句中动词常用现在完成时或一般现在时陈述现状)

  • So far, our educational web domain has accumulated over ten thousand organic user interactions. 到目前为止,我们的教育类网域已经积累了超过一万次的自然用户交互。
  • We have encountered zero routing script vulnerabilities so far during this infrastructure deployment. 在此次基础设施部署期间,到目前为止我们尚未遇到任何路由脚本漏洞。
  • So far, Michelle’s score is the highest in the entire vocabulary matching competition. 到目前为止,米歇尔的分数在整个词汇匹配竞赛中是最高的。
Up to now 直到现在 / 迄今为止 Up to now, the server hosting services have maintained a 99.9% stable uptime record. 直到现在,该服务器托管服务依然保持着 99.9% 的稳定运行时间纪录。
As of yet 到目前为止(多用于否定句,暗示未来可能会有变化) No official confirmation has been received as of yet regarding the toy business audit. 到目前为止,尚未收到任何关于玩具业务审计的官方确认。

We have to get going to meet the rest of the troop.我们得动身走了,两点钟还得在博物馆跟大部队集合呢。

get going 动身 / 出发 / 开始行动(口语极其常用且地道)

  • Look at the time; we really need to get going before the evening traffic rush begins. 看一眼时间;在晚高峰开始前,我们真的得动身出发了。
  • Let’s get going on the multi-file evaluation report so we can submit it to the board before noon. 咱们赶紧开始动手写那份多文件评估报告吧,这样就能在中午前提交给董事会了。
  • If you want to catch the early bus uptown, you had better get going right away. 如果你想赶上开往城北的早班车,你最好现在立刻动身。
Hit the road 上路 / 出发(非常生活化的口语表达) The museum field group plans to hit the road at exactly eight o'clock tomorrow morning. 博物馆实地考察小组计划在明天早上八点整准时动身出发。
Set off 启程 / 出发(侧重长途旅行或任务的开始) They set off on their journey to explore the remote historical ruins across the country. 他们启程踏上了去探索该国偏远历史遗迹的旅程。

It's not a bad game. It's just ... slow.这游戏其实不赖。就是……节奏太慢了。

not a bad... 还不错 / 挺不错的 / 不赖(英文中常用双重否定或弱化语气来表达赞赏)

  • That's not a bad idea; we could integrate a custom search function directly into the web interface. 这主意挺不赖的;我们可以直接把自定义搜索功能整合到网络界面中。
  • He achieved an 85% accuracy rate on his very first attempt, which is not a bad score at all. 他在第一次尝试中就达到了 85% 的准确率,这分数可真不赖。
  • The new suburban property layout offers not a bad view of the local mountain range. 这处新的郊区房产布局提供了相当不错的当地山脉景观。
Quite good 相当不错 / 挺好 The performance tracking report generated by Microsoft Clarity was quite good. 由 Microsoft Clarity 生成的表现追踪报告真的相当不错。
Decent 像样的 / 挺不错的(口语中高频用来形容质量、待遇等合乎心意) They managed to secure a decent hosting plan with excellent infrastructure bandwidth. 他们成功搞定了一套相当像样的托管方案,还配有极佳的基础设施带宽。

You helped save our company a lot of money.你可帮我们公司省了大钱了。

save someone money 帮某人省钱 / 减少开支

  • Utilizing automated multi-agent orchestration will save the operations team a lot of money. 利用自动化的多智能体编排将会帮运营团队节省一大笔资金。
  • Migrating to a more cost-effective server host can save your educational business money in the long run. 从长远来看,迁移到更具性价比的服务器主机能帮你的教育业务省下不少开支。
  • Shopping around for domain registrations via secure providers helped save us money this quarter. 本季度通过安全的供应商到处对比域名注册价格,切实帮我们省了钱。
Cut costs 削减成本 / 降低开支 The toy firm managed to cut manufacturing costs by streamlining its material procurement pipeline. 玩具公司通过精简其原材料采购流程,成功削减了制造开支。
Economize 节约 / 紧缩开支(更为正式的动词) During economic downturns, families often choose to economize on luxury goods and travel. 在经济低迷时期,家庭往往会选择在奢侈品和旅游上紧缩开支。

You are wonderful with kids.你对付小孩子真有一套(真招孩子喜欢)。

be good/wonderful with someone/something 善于对待…… / 擅长处理…… / 对……很有办法

  • Susan is absolutely wonderful with kids; she always knows exactly how to keep them engaged. 苏珊对付小孩子真有一套;她总是能准确地知道如何让他们保持专注。
  • As a senior systems architect, he is exceptionally good with data infrastructure configurations. 作为一名资深系统架构师,他极其擅长处理数据基础设施的配置工作。
  • You need to hired a supervisor who is wonderful with client communications. 你需要雇佣一位非常擅长与客户沟通交流的主管。
Have a way with... 对……有一套 / 擅长跟……打交道 He really has a way with words, which makes his English study materials incredibly popular. 他写起文章来真的很有一套,这让他的英语学习资料受到了惊人的欢迎。
Adept at handling... 熟练于应对 / 擅长打理…… The customer service center staff are adept at handling difficult inquiries smoothly. 客服中心的工作人员非常擅长顺畅地应对各种棘手的咨询问题。

Isn't there a conversation that we have to finish?咱们是不是还有段话没说完呢?

finish a conversation 结束谈话 / 把没说完的话说完

  • Let’s sit down in the study room later tonight so we can finally finish our conversation. 咱们今晚晚些时候去书房坐坐吧,好把咱们那段还没说完的话彻底聊完。
  • He had to hang up the phone suddenly but promised to finish the conversation during lunch. 他不得不突然挂断电话,但承诺会在吃午饭时把没说完的话聊完。
  • They managed to finish their intense conversation regarding server migration before the team arrived. 在团队到来之前,他们成功结束了关于服务器迁移那番密集的谈话。
Wrap up a discussion 收尾讨论 / 结束讨论 The project manager asked everyone to wrap up the discussion by summarizing their action items. 项目经理要求大家通过总结各自的行动项来为讨论进行收尾。
Pick up where one left off 接着上一次未完的话题或事情继续 When the children head to the museum, Harry and Susan can pick up where they left off. 当孩子们动身前往博物馆时,哈里和苏珊就能接着刚才被打断的话题继续聊下去了。