Episode 13 A Real Stewart ACT III 一个真正的斯图尔特家的后代 第三幕

[ In the Stewarts' living room the next evening. The family and Harry and Michelle are watching Marilyn unwrap the baby gifts. ]

Marilyn: Thanks, Michelle.

谢谢你,米歇尔。

Michelle: I hope you like it.

希望你们喜欢。

Marilyn: Isn't this baby outfit adorable? With his name on it--"Max." Thanks so much, Harry and Michelle.

这套宝宝衣服是不是特别可爱?上面还有他的名字——“Max”。太谢谢你们了,哈里、米歇尔。

Richard: We really appreciate it.

我们真的很感激。

Harry: I'm glad you like it. Michelle picked it out.

你们喜欢就好。是米歇尔挑的。

Michelle: Yes, I told Daddy to pick blue ones. Blue is for boys, and pink is for girls.

对,我告诉爸爸要选蓝色的。蓝色是男孩子用的,粉色是女孩子用的。

Grandpa: And Max is some boy.

马克斯这小家伙可真不一般。

Richard: He's a real Stewart.

他是个真正的斯图尔特家的人。

Grandpa: Right.

没错。

Ellen: That was so thoughtful of you, Michelle. Especially to pick it out in blue.

你真贴心,米歇尔。还特地选了蓝色的。

Susan: Would you like to see baby Max, Michelle?

想去看看小马克斯吗,米歇尔?

Harry: Could she? Could we?

她可以去看吗?我们可以吗?

Michelle: Could I?

我可以吗?

Marilyn: Take them upstairs, Susan. Harry and Michelle can watch Max sleeping.

带他们上楼吧,苏珊。让哈里和米歇尔看看马克斯睡觉的样子。

Susan: Let's go.

走吧。

Harry: Come on, Michelle.  Before Max wakes up.

来吧,米歇尔。趁马克斯还没醒。

Marilyn: Will you please take this upstairs, Susan? [ She hands her a baby gift. ]

苏珊,麻烦你把这个也带上楼,好吗?

Susan: Uh-huh.

好。

Marilyn: Thank you.

谢谢。

[ Susan, Harry, and Michelle go upstairs. ]

Philip: Michelle is very grown up for a ten-year-old, huh?

米歇尔才十岁,就已经很懂事了,是吧?

Ellen: She's smart and sensitive for her age.

以她这个年纪来说,她既聪明又细心。

Grandpa: Growing up without a mother is difficult. You mature quickly.

没有妈妈陪着长大很不容易,人也会成熟得特别快。

Ellen: Susan's like a mother to Michelle. They have a good relationship. Do you think Susan and Harry will get married?

苏珊就像米歇尔的妈妈一样。她们感情很好。你觉得苏珊和哈里会结婚吗?

Robbie: Yeah. You can count on it.

那当然,这事绝对准,你就瞧好吧。

[ They all laugh. ]

Philip: I think so. Yes. They get along so well.

我也这么觉得。他们相处得特别好。

Grandpa: I like him. He's good for Susan.

我喜欢他。他很适合苏珊。

Ellen: He's a little quiet.

就是有点太安静了。

Richard: It's hard to do anything but listen in this family.

在咱们家,除了老老实实当个听众,你基本上插不上什么嘴。

Ellen: How can anybody get a word in around here?

在这里谁还能插得上话呀?

Marilyn: You're right, Ellen.

你说得对,艾伦。

Philip: Oh, really?

噢,真的吗?

Richard: It's the way it should be. The Stewarts are the Stewarts!

这才像我们家嘛。斯图尔特家的人就是这样!

Grandpa: They always were, and they always will be.

过去是这样,以后也永远都会是这样。

Richard: Right!

没错!

Grandpa: They've always got an opinion. Always got something to say.

他们总有自己的主意,总有话要说。

Marilyn: And now there's Max Stewart. And if he talks as loudly as he cries, we're all in for trouble.

现在又多了个小马克斯。要是他以后说话跟哭声一样响,那咱们全家都别想清静了。

Robbie: He's quiet now.

他现在倒是挺安静的。

Marilyn: Mmm-hmm. That's because he's sleeping.

嗯,那是因为他睡着了。

[ In Marilyn and Richard's room. Susan, Harry, and Michelle are watching Max as he sleeps. ]

Harry: He's really cute.

他真是太可爱了。

Susan: It's not necessary to whisper, Harry. A baby gets used to voices.

不用这么小声,哈里。小宝宝会慢慢习惯周围声音的。

Harry: I remember now. We always whispered when Michelle was born.

我想起来了。米歇尔刚出生的时候,我们也总是小声说话。

Michelle: And I didn't sleep well, Daddy told me. I never slept. And when I did, I woke up when I heard someone speak.

爸爸说我那时候总睡不好。我几乎都不睡觉,就算睡着了,一听到有人说话也会醒。

Susan: I bet you were cute.

我想你小时候也一定是个小可爱。

Harry: She sure was.

那当然了。

Michelle: Not as cute as Max. He's like a little doll.

但还是没有马克斯可爱。他就像个小洋娃娃一样。

[ The baby starts to cry. ]

Michelle: Oh, good. Now I can help diaper him.

噢,太好了。现在我可以帮他换尿布了。

Susan: Let's get Marilyn. What do you do when he cries like that?

还是把玛丽莲叫来吧。他这样哭的时候,你们一般怎么办?

Harry: You pick him up. [ He and Susan laugh. ]

把他抱起来呗。

Susan: He's so little ... so new.  Let's call Marilyn.

他这么小……才刚出生不久。我们还是叫玛丽莲来吧。

Marilyn: [ entering ] Time for a feeding and time for a diapering.

该喂奶,也该换尿布了。

Marilyn: [ She puts the baby in his crib and looks at him. ] You're a real Stewart.

你真是个地地道道的斯图尔特家的人。

本课重点词汇

14 个相关单词

outfit *

/ ˈaʊtfɪt / n. 套服

some *

/ sʌm / adj. 了不起的,很不错的

especially *

/ ɪˈspeʃəli / adv. 尤其,特别

grown up

/ grəʊn ʌp / adj. 成熟的;长大了的孩子

sensitive

/ ˈsensətɪv / adj. 体恤的

mature

/ məˈtʃʊə(r) / v. (使)长成;变理智

relationship *

/ rɪˈleɪʃ(ə)nʃɪp / n. 关系

count on

/ kaʊnt ɒn / v. 指望,期待

good for

/ ɡud fɔ: / adj. 合适的

quiet *

/ ˈkwaɪət / adj. 沉默寡言的,文静的

but *

/ bʌt / conj. 除了,除…外

whisper

/ ˈwɪspə(r) / v. 低声说话

get used to

/ ɡet juːzd tu / v. 逐渐习惯于,适应

diaper

/ ˈdaɪpə(r) / v. 给...换尿布

送小礼物

更新于:2026-05-19 15:11:03
3

We really appreciate it.我们真是太感激了。

appreciate it 非常感激 / 谢谢

  • If you could help me update the server infrastructure, I’d really appreciate it. 如果你能帮我更新服务器基础设施,我将不胜感激。
  • Thank you for the detailed New Concept lesson notes; I truly appreciate it. 谢谢你提供这么详细的新概念课文笔记;我真的很感激。
  • I appreciate it that you reminded me to check the AdSense payment status. 我很感激你提醒我检查谷歌广告联盟的账单状态。
Be grateful for 对...心存感激 I am deeply grateful for your timely assistance during the crisis. 我深深感激你在危机期间提供的及时帮助。
Much obliged 非常感谢 / 欠你个人情 I'm much obliged to you for driving me to Grand Central Station. 非常感谢你开车送我去大中央车站。

I'm glad you like it.你喜欢它真是太好了(我很高兴你喜欢)。

be glad (that)... 很高兴/庆幸……

  • I 'm glad you managed to maintain your 842-day study streak. 我真为你感到高兴,你成功保持住了842天的学习打卡纪录。
  • We are glad that the domain registration via Cloudflare went smoothly. 我们很高兴通过 Cloudflare 进行的域名注册一切顺利。
  • She was glad to find that the tracking heatmap was working properly. 她非常庆幸地发现用户互动追踪热力图运转正常。
Be pleased that 对...感到高兴/满意 The team is pleased that the website was approved for advertisement placement. 团队很高兴网站通过了广告投放的审批。
It's a relief that 让人松了一口气的是... It's a relief that the backup server didn't crash tonight. 让人松了一口气的是,备份服务器今晚没有崩溃。

And Max is some boy.迈克斯这小子真是不简单(真是个了不起的男孩)!

some + 单数名词 可真了不起 / 相当赞的 / 真是个不一般的人物

  • That is some multi-agent orchestration tool you built there! 你搭建的那个多智能体编排工具可真够厉害的!
  • He is some web developer; he fixed the routing crash in five minutes. 他真是个了不起的网页开发人员,五分钟就修复了路由崩溃。
  • This is some steak dinner; it tastes absolutely incredible. 这顿牛排大餐可跨越是太赞了,味道简直绝了。
Quite a... 真是一个相当不一般的... He is quite a man; a real inspiration for our entire construction team. 他真是个了不起的人,对我们整个建筑团队都是巨大的鼓舞。
No ordinary... 绝非普通的... This is no ordinary server infrastructure; it uses advanced automated scripts. 这绝非普通的服务器架构,它采用了先进的自动化脚本。

Would you like to see baby Max, Michelle?米歇尔,你想去看看小迈克斯吗?

would like to do something 想要做某事(比 want to 更委婉客气)

  • Would you like to review the digital payment documentation with me? 你想和我一起审查一下数字支付文件吗?
  • I would like to deploy the new English materials onto the production server tonight. 我想今晚把新的英语资料部署到正式服务器上。
  • Would you like to catch the ten-twenty train to the city? 你想赶10点20分那班去市区的火车吗?
Care to [do] 想要...吗(口语更随性) Care to join our daily English learning progress discussion group? 想加入我们每日英语学习进度的讨论组吗?
Feel like [doing] 想要/倾向于做... Do you feel like getting a good steak dinner tonight? 你今晚想去吃顿丰盛的牛排大餐吗?

Will you please take this upstairs, Susan?苏珊,请你把这个拿到楼上去好吗?

Will you please... 请你……好吗 / 烦请……(用于提出礼貌请求)

  • Will you please update the user interaction tracking report tomorrow morning? 明天早上请你更新一下用户交互追踪报告好吗?
  • Will you please keep a clear record of these lesson notes for the students? 烦请你为学生们把这些课文笔记清晰地记录下来好吗?
  • Will you please check if the server domain has been securely proxied via Cloudflare? 请你检查一下服务器域名是否已经通过 Cloudflare 安全代理了好吗?
Could you please... 您能麻烦...吗(语气更委婉) Could you please verify the legal identity documentation for the AdSense account? 能麻烦您核对一下广告联盟账号的法定身份证明文件吗?
Would you mind [doing]... 您介意...吗 Would you mind wrapping all these baby gifts for Marilyn and Richard? 您介意帮玛丽琳和理查德把这些婴儿礼物都包装一下吗?

背后八卦

更新于:2026-05-19 15:12:12
3

Michelle is very grown up for a ten-year-old, huh?米歇尔就一个十岁孩子来说,可真够成熟的,哈?

for one's age / for a... 就其年龄而言 / 相对……来说

  • He is remarkably tall for a five-year-old boy. 作为一个五岁的男孩子,他长得可真高。
  • She looks very young and energetic for her age. 就她这个年纪来看,她显得非常年轻且充满活力。
  • For a beginner, you handled that complicated server infrastructure configuration incredibly well. 作为初学者,你对那个复杂的服务器基础设施配置处理得可真漂亮。
Considering 考虑到 / 鉴于 Considering his background in arts, his coding skills are impressive. 考虑到他的艺术背景,他的编程能力挺让人惊叹的。
In terms of 在……方面 / 就……而言 The new user interface layout is a massive upgrade in terms of aesthetic design. 就美学设计而言,这个新的用户界面布局是个巨大的升级。

You can count on it.那是必须的(你完全可以打包票)。

count on 指望 / 依赖 / 确信某事会发生

  • You can always count on him to finish uploading the daily English study materials on time. 你总是可以指望他按时把每天的英语学习资料更新完。
  • Don't count on getting AdSense approval if your web properties lack original content. 如果你的网站资产缺乏原创内容,就别指望能轻易通过谷歌广告联盟的审批。
  • We can count on the new multi-agent orchestrator to automate these routine digital asset checkups. 我们可以完全指望这个新的多智能体编排器来自动处理这些常规的数字资产审查。
Rely on 依赖 / 依靠 The local community has learned to rely on his highly stable server hosting services. 本地社区已经习惯了依赖他极其稳定的服务器托管服务。
Bank on 指望 / 靠……(常用于口语,暗示带有一定胜算的期待) I wouldn't bank on catching the last train to Grand Central Station at this late hour. 这么晚了,我可不敢打包票能赶上最后一班去大中央车站的火车。

They get along so well.他们相处得可融洽了。

get along (well) 相处融洽 / 关系很好(后接 with 表同某人相处)

  • It's fantastic to see that the new team members get along so well with one another. 看到新团队成员之间相处得这么融洽,真是太棒了。
  • I don't really get along with my new supervisor at the construction trade firm. 我和建筑贸易公司的新主管确实不太合得来。
  • The two language learners get along well and support each other's persistence in daily streaks. 这两个语言学习者相处得很好,还互相支持对方坚持每天打卡。
Hit it off 一见如故 / 聊得来 Susan and Harry seemed to hit it off immediately on their very first date. 苏珊和哈里在第一次约会时似乎就一见如故了。
Be on good terms with 与……关系良好 He makes sure to be on good terms with all the prominent web domain clients. 他确保自己与所有主要的网站域名客户都保持着良好的关系。

How can anybody get a word in around here?在儿这谁能插得上话啊?

get a word in (在别人滔滔不绝时)插话 / 找机会说话

  • The keynote speakers talked non-stop during the panel, and I couldn't get a word in. 主讲人在小组讨论中滔滔不绝,我连一句话都插不上。
  • When the entire Stewart family starts sharing their opinions, it's impossible to get a word in. 当整个史蒂威特家族开始各抒己见时,根本不可能插得上话。
  • Let him finish his explanation of the routing script before you try to get a word in. 在他解释完路由脚本之前,你先别急着插嘴。
Butt in 插嘴 / 横插一杠(通常指不礼貌的打断) It's quite rude to butt in when the senior partners are having a serious discussion. 当高级合伙人们在进行严肃讨论时插嘴是非常无礼的。
Chime in 附和 / 插话(通常表示赞同或兴致勃勃地加入谈话) Robbie immediately chimed in to express his absolute agreement with his grandfather's point. 罗比随即插话,表达对他爷爷观点的绝对赞同。

And if he talks as loudly as he cries, we're all in for trouble.要是他说话声音跟他哭起来一样响,那咱们全都有得受了(有大麻烦了)。

be in for something 注定要遭受 / 必然经历(通常指不可避免的糟糕情况)

  • Look at those dark clouds gathering; we are in for a heavy storm tonight. 看那些聚起来的乌云,我们今晚免不了要迎来一场暴风雨了。
  • If the core network crashes during deployment, the technical team is in for a long night. 如果核心网络在部署期间崩溃,技术团队注定要熬一个长夜了。
  • You are in for a wonderful surprise when you review the latest search performance analytics. 当你查看最新的搜索表现分析数据时,一定会迎来一个绝佳的惊喜。
    In store for 等待着…… / 即将发生(中性或负面均可) We honestly don't know what the volatile market has in store for our web platform. 我们确实不知道动荡的市场对我们的网站平台而言意味着什么。
    Bound to 注定 / 一定会…… Without proper automated security via Cloudflare, your web application is bound to face vulnerabilities. 如果没有通过 Cloudflare 实施恰当的自动化安全防护,你的网络应用注定会面临漏洞风险。

谈论婴儿

更新于:2026-05-19 15:13:21
3

It's not necessary to whisper, Harry.哈里,没必要压低声音说话。

It's necessary to do something 做某事是有必要的 / 必须做某事

  • It is not necessary to update the server infrastructure configurations every single day. 没必要每天都去更新服务器基础设施的配置。
  • Is it really necessary to keep a record of all these minor user interactions? 真的有必要把这些微小的用户交互全都记录下来吗?
  • It’s necessary to verify your identity documentation before final AdSense approval. 在谷歌广告联盟通过最终审批前,必须先核查你的身份证明文件。
There is no need to [do] 没必要做... There is no need to whisper; the baby is already sound asleep. 没必要低声耳语了,宝宝已经睡得很熟了。
Don't bother [doing] 不用费神去做... / 别麻烦了 Don't bother wrapping those small gifts; we can just put them in a gift bag. 不用费神包装那些小礼物了,我们直接装进礼品袋就行。

A baby gets used to voices.婴儿慢慢就会习惯周围说话声的。

get used to... 习惯于……(强调从不习惯到习惯的动态转变过程,后接名词或动名词)

  • You will eventually get used to managing multiple educational web domains. 你迟早会习惯管理多个教育类网站域名的。
  • She just couldn't get used to waking up at eight in the morning for work. 她就是没办法习惯早上八点钟准时起床去上班。
  • The technical support team is slowly getting used to the new multi-agent orchestration setup. 技术支持团队正在慢慢适应这套新的多智能体编排系统。
Be used to [doing] 习惯于...(陈述已经习惯的状态) I am used to checking the search performance report first thing in the morning. 我早起第一件事就是查看搜索表现报告,都已经习惯了。
Adapt to 适应(新的环境、系统或工作) It takes some time for a newborn to adapt to the world outside. 新生儿需要花费一些时间来适应外面的世界。

I bet you were cute.我敢说你小时候肯定特别讨人喜欢。

I bet... 我敢说 / 敢肯定 / 准保(口语中用来表达对某事极有把握的断定)

  • I bet he will successfully maintain his 842-day language learning streak tomorrow. 我敢说他明天准能继续保持住他那连续842天的语言学习打卡纪录。
  • I bet this gorgeous blue baby outfit was picked out by Michelle herself. 我敢肯定这件漂亮的蓝色婴儿服绝对是米歇尔自己挑的。
  • I bet they are in for trouble if the primary server crashes during the presentation. 如果主服务器在演示期间崩溃,我敢说他们绝对有大麻烦了。
I'm positive that... 我十分笃定... I'm positive that the legal name matches the one on the bank foreign exchange profile. 我十分笃定这个法定姓名和银行外汇档案上的姓名是一致的。
You can take it from me that... 我敢跟你打包票... You can take it from me that Susan and Harry will get married very soon. 我敢跟你打包票,苏珊和哈里用不了多久就会结婚的。

Now I can help diaper him.现在我可以帮忙给他换尿布啦。

help (to) do something 帮忙做某事(口语中不定式符号 to 极常省略,直接接动词原形)

  • Could you please help pack all these teddy bears and gifts into the boxes? 能麻烦你帮忙把这些泰迪熊和礼物都装进箱子里吗?
  • He generously offered to help manage the new web properties for his family. 他非常慷慨地主动提出帮家里管理新开发的这些网站资产。
  • This automated clean-up script will help clear the cache logs automatically. 这个自动化清理脚本将有助于自动清除缓存日志。
Lend a hand with 帮一把忙 / 协助做某事 Would you mind lending a hand with the lesson notes preparation tonight? 你今晚介不介意帮一把忙,协助准备一下课文笔记?
Assist in [doing] 在……方面给予协助(更为正式) The system setup is designed to assist in tracking daily website interactions. 该系统架构旨在协助追踪每日的网站交互数据。