Episode 13 A Real Stewart ACT III

一个真正的斯图尔特家的后代 第三幕

[ In the Stewarts' living room the next evening. The family and Harry and Michelle are watching Marilyn unwrap the baby gifts. ]

Marilyn: Thanks, Michelle.

谢谢你,米歇尔。

Michelle: I hope you like it.

希望你们喜欢。

Marilyn: Isn't this baby outfit adorable? With his name on it--"Max." Thanks so much, Harry and Michelle.

这套宝宝衣服是不是特别可爱?上面还有他的名字——“Max”。太谢谢你们了,哈里、米歇尔。

Richard: We really appreciate it.

我们真的很感激。

Harry: I'm glad you like it. Michelle picked it out.

你们喜欢就好。是米歇尔挑的。

Michelle: Yes, I told Daddy to pick blue ones. Blue is for boys, and pink is for girls.

对,我告诉爸爸要选蓝色的。蓝色是男孩子用的,粉色是女孩子用的。

Grandpa: And Max is some boy.

马克斯这小家伙可真不一般。

Richard: He's a real Stewart.

他是个真正的斯图尔特家的人。

Grandpa: Right.

没错。

Ellen: That was so thoughtful of you, Michelle. Especially to pick it out in blue.

你真贴心,米歇尔。还特地选了蓝色的。

Susan: Would you like to see baby Max, Michelle?

想去看看小马克斯吗,米歇尔?

Harry: Could she? Could we?

她可以去看吗?我们可以吗?

Michelle: Could I?

我可以吗?

Marilyn: Take them upstairs, Susan. Harry and Michelle can watch Max sleeping.

带他们上楼吧,苏珊。让哈里和米歇尔看看马克斯睡觉的样子。

Susan: Let's go.

走吧。

Harry: Come on, Michelle.  Before Max wakes up.

来吧,米歇尔。趁马克斯还没醒。

Marilyn: Will you please take this upstairs, Susan? [ She hands her a baby gift. ]

苏珊,麻烦你把这个也带上楼,好吗?

Susan: Uh-huh.

好。

Marilyn: Thank you.

谢谢。

[ Susan, Harry, and Michelle go upstairs. ]

Philip: Michelle is very grown up for a ten-year-old, huh?

米歇尔才十岁,就已经很懂事了,是吧?

Ellen: She's smart and sensitive for her age.

以她这个年纪来说,她既聪明又细心。

Grandpa: Growing up without a mother is difficult. You mature quickly.

没有妈妈陪着长大很不容易,人也会成熟得特别快。

Ellen: Susan's like a mother to Michelle. They have a good relationship. Do you think Susan and Harry will get married?

苏珊就像米歇尔的妈妈一样。她们感情很好。你觉得苏珊和哈里会结婚吗?

Robbie: Yeah. You can count on it.

那当然,这事绝对准,你就瞧好吧。

[ They all laugh. ]

Philip: I think so. Yes. They get along so well.

我也这么觉得。他们相处得特别好。

Grandpa: I like him. He's good for Susan.

我喜欢他。他很适合苏珊。

Ellen: He's a little quiet.

就是有点太安静了。

Richard: It's hard to do anything but listen in this family.

在咱们家,除了老老实实当个听众,你基本上插不上什么嘴。

Ellen: How can anybody get a word in around here?

在这里谁还能插得上话呀?

Marilyn: You're right, Ellen.

你说得对,艾伦。

Philip: Oh, really?

噢,真的吗?

Richard: It's the way it should be. The Stewarts are the Stewarts!

这才像我们家嘛。斯图尔特家的人就是这样!

Grandpa: They always were, and they always will be.

过去是这样,以后也永远都会是这样。

Richard: Right!

没错!

Grandpa: They've always got an opinion. Always got something to say.

他们总有自己的主意,总有话要说。

Marilyn: And now there's Max Stewart. And if he talks as loudly as he cries, we're all in for trouble.

现在又多了个小马克斯。要是他以后说话跟哭声一样响,那咱们全家都别想清静了。

Robbie: He's quiet now.

他现在倒是挺安静的。

Marilyn: Mmm-hmm. That's because he's sleeping.

嗯,那是因为他睡着了。

[ In Marilyn and Richard's room. Susan, Harry, and Michelle are watching Max as he sleeps. ]

Harry: He's really cute.

他真是太可爱了。

Susan: It's not necessary to whisper, Harry. A baby gets used to voices.

不用这么小声,哈里。小宝宝会慢慢习惯周围声音的。

Harry: I remember now. We always whispered when Michelle was born.

我想起来了。米歇尔刚出生的时候,我们也总是小声说话。

Michelle: And I didn't sleep well, Daddy told me. I never slept. And when I did, I woke up when I heard someone speak.

爸爸说我那时候总睡不好。我几乎都不睡觉,就算睡着了,一听到有人说话也会醒。

Susan: I bet you were cute.

我想你小时候也一定是个小可爱。

Harry: She sure was.

那当然了。

Michelle: Not as cute as Max. He's like a little doll.

但还是没有马克斯可爱。他就像个小洋娃娃一样。

[ The baby starts to cry. ]

Michelle: Oh, good. Now I can help diaper him.

噢,太好了。现在我可以帮他换尿布了。

Susan: Let's get Marilyn. What do you do when he cries like that?

还是把玛丽莲叫来吧。他这样哭的时候,你们一般怎么办?

Harry: You pick him up. [ He and Susan laugh. ]

把他抱起来呗。

Susan: He's so little ... so new.  Let's call Marilyn.

他这么小……才刚出生不久。我们还是叫玛丽莲来吧。

Marilyn: [ entering ] Time for a feeding and time for a diapering.

该喂奶,也该换尿布了。

Marilyn: [ She puts the baby in his crib and looks at him. ] You're a real Stewart.

你真是个地地道道的斯图尔特家的人。

本课重点词汇

14 个相关单词

outfit *

/ ˈaʊtfɪt / n. 套服

some *

/ sʌm / adj. 了不起的,很不错的

especially *

/ ɪˈspeʃəli / adv. 尤其,特别

grown up

/ grəʊn ʌp / adj. 成熟的;长大了的孩子

sensitive

/ ˈsensətɪv / adj. 体恤的

mature

/ məˈtʃʊə(r) / v. (使)长成;变理智

relationship *

/ rɪˈleɪʃ(ə)nʃɪp / n. 关系

count on

/ kaʊnt ɒn / v. 指望,期待

good for

/ ɡud fɔ: / adj. 合适的

quiet *

/ ˈkwaɪət / adj. 沉默寡言的,文静的

but *

/ bʌt / conj. 除了,除…外

whisper

/ ˈwɪspə(r) / v. 低声说话

get used to

/ ɡet juːzd tu / v. 逐渐习惯于,适应

diaper

/ ˈdaɪpə(r) / v. 给...换尿布