Episode 13 A Real Stewart ACT I一个真正的斯图尔特家的后代 第一幕

[ Ellen Stewart and her daughter Susan are in Richard and Marilyn's room. They are preparing the room for the arrival of Richard and Marilyn's new baby, Max. ]

Ellen: There's nothing more joyous than the arrival of a new baby.

没有什么比新生儿的到来更让人高兴的了。

Susan: I am so excited. Mother! Just imagine --Marilyn and Richard must be thrilled! Oh, a new baby!

我太兴奋了!妈妈!你想想——玛丽莲和理查德一定高兴坏了!噢,一个小宝宝!

Ellen: Max ... Max ... Max. Oh, it's a sweet-sounding name for a sweet little boy. My first grandchild.

马克斯… 马克斯… 马克斯。噢,这名字真好听,特别适合这个可爱的小男孩。我的第一个孙子。

Susan: And my first nephew. [ She looks at some photos of Max. ] Isn't he just adorable? He looks a lot like you, Mom. He does.

也是我的第一个外甥。他真是太可爱了!妈妈,他长得特别像你。真的很像。

Ellen: Do you think so? [ She looks at one of the photos. ] Well, I guess. He does look a lot like Richard, and I guess he looks a lot like me. Oh, he's got Richard's eyes, though.

你真这么觉得?嗯,我想也是。他确实很像理查德,我想也有点像我。不过,他的眼睛倒是很像理查德。

Susan: I really want Harry and Michelle to see Max.

我真希望哈里和米歇尔也能看看马克斯。

Ellen: When are they coming?

他们什么时候来?

Susan: Tomorrow. Harry has an account to work on today. Yes, he does have Richard's eyes. Big blue eyes. The baby even looks at you like Richard does.

明天。哈里今天还有客户的工作要处理。是啊,他的眼睛确实像理查德。蓝蓝的大眼睛。连看人的神情都跟理查德一样。

Ellen: Well, children usually resemble their parents.

嗯,孩子一般都会像父母。

Susan: It's true. Michelle is a lot like Harry in so many ways. And she's shy with new people, just like he is.

确实。米歇尔很多地方都像哈里。而且她见到陌生人也会害羞,跟他一模一样。

Ellen: You really like Michelle, don't you?

你真的很喜欢米歇尔,是吧?

Susan: Yes. I'm very fond of her.

是啊,我很喜欢她。

Ellen: And Harry, too? [ She looks at her watch. ]

那哈里呢?

Susan: Well ...

这个嘛…

Ellen: Uh, it's four-thirty. Oh my! Marilyn and Richard will be home from the hospital any minute, and we must prepare this room.

啊,四点半了。天哪!玛丽莲和理查德随时都会从医院回来,我们得赶紧把房间准备好。

Susan: Where will we put all the presents?

这些礼物放哪儿呢?

Ellen: Well, let's take everything to the living room. Marilyn and Richard and the baby need the space. It's crowded in here.

嗯,我们把东西都搬到客厅去吧。玛丽莲、理查德和宝宝需要空间,这里太挤了。

Grandpa: [ He enters. ] The welcome sign is up: "Welcome home, Max."

欢迎标语已经挂好了:“欢迎回家,马克斯。”

Ellen: Isn't it exciting, Grandpa?

是不是特别让人兴奋,爷爷?

Susan: Your first great-grandchild.

你的第一个曾孙。

Grandpa: Yes. Yes, sir. A great-grandchild. A great-grandson. Another generation to carry on the Stewart name.

是啊。没错。一个曾孙。一个曾孙子。又有新一代来继承斯图尔特家的姓氏了。

Susan: I love you, Grandpa. [ She hugs him. ] You make me feel so proud to be part of our family.

我爱你,爷爷。你让我为自己是这个家的一员感到特别骄傲。

Grandpa: And one day, you'll have your own family, and I'll be proud to be part of it.

总有一天,你也会拥有自己的家庭,到时候我也会为自己是其中一员而骄傲。

Ellen: Now you understand my feelings, Susan. I'm Grandpa's daughter-in-law, but I feel like a Stewart. He's always made me feel like his own daughter.

现在你能明白我的感受了吧,苏珊。我虽然是爷爷的儿媳妇,但我一直觉得自己就是斯图尔特家的人。他一直把我当亲生女儿一样对待。

Grandpa: Well, that's because you're so much like us --wonderful!

那是因为你跟我们一样——都这么棒!

[ They all laugh. Susan and Ellen kiss Grandpa. ]


[ in the living room a little while later. Susan, Ellen, and Grandpa are wrapping some gifts for the new baby. ]

Susan: [ She walks into the living room and shows her mother that she has the wrapping paper for the baby's presents. ] Mom, got it.

妈妈,我拿到了。

Susan: [ She sits down and looks at the baby album that she has bought for Richard and Marilyn. ] This will make a nice gift for Marilyn and Richard.

这个送给玛丽莲和理查德当礼物挺不错的。

Susan: They can keep a record of all of the important dates and information about Max's life here. Let's see. [ She takes a pen from the desk drawer and begins to write. ]

他们可以把马克斯成长过程中的重要日期和资料都记在这里。我看看。

Grandpa: Name: Max Stewart. [ to Ellen ] Does he have a middle name?

名字:马克斯·斯图尔特。他有中间名吗?

Ellen: No, just Max. I like that. No middle name. No middle initial.

没有,就叫马克斯。我喜欢这样。没有中间名,也没有中间名缩写。

Grandpa: Like me. I'm Malcolm Stewart. Just Malcolm Stewart.

跟我一样。我叫马尔科姆·斯图尔特。就只是马尔科姆·斯图尔特。

Susan: And Max has your initials, Grandpa: M.S.

而且马克斯跟你的名字缩写一样,爷爷,都是 M.S。

Ellen: Uh, it must mean something.

嗯,这肯定有什么特别的意义。

Susan: Weight: eight pounds six ounces. [ She writes in the baby album. ]

体重:八磅六盎司。

Grandpa: Eight-six. Big boy! All the Stewart men were big.

八磅六盎司。好家伙,真够壮实的!我们斯图尔特家的爷们儿出生时个头都不小。

Ellen: Well, Robbie was eight pounds two ounces, and Richard was eight pounds three.

嗯,罗比出生时是八磅二盎司,理查德是八磅三盎司。

Susan: And me?

那我呢?

Ellen: Eight pounds six. You were big, just like Max.

八磅六。你当时也挺大的,跟马克斯一样。

Susan: Eight pounds six, just like me. That's nice. Length. Length?

八磅六,跟我一样。真不错。身长。身长是多少?

Ellen: Richard says Max is twenty-one inches long.

理查德说马克斯身长二十一英寸。

Susan: [ still writing ] Twenty-one inches. Is that tall or average or what?

二十一英寸。这算高的,还是普通水平?

Grandpa: Tall. All the Stewart men are tall.

算高的。斯图尔特家的男人都长得高。

Ellen: Well, Grandpa, you're about five-nine or five-ten. I wouldn't call that tall.

得了吧爷爷,你也就五英尺九英寸或者十英寸(约175-178cm),我可不觉得这算高。

Grandpa: I take after my mother's family. They were ... they were ... they were average.

我是像我妈妈那边的人。他们… 他们… 他们个头都只能算中等。

Susan: [ still writing ] Mother: Marilyn. Father: Richard. [ She turns the pages of the book. ] And lots of pages for Richard's photos of Max.

母亲:玛丽莲。父亲:理查德。还有很多页可以放理查德给马克斯拍的照片。

Grandpa: Speaking of mother and of father --and speaking of Max-- I hear the car. They're here!

说到爸爸妈妈——还有马克斯——我听见车声了。他们到了!

Ellen: Oh! Oh, quickly! Go, go, go!

噢!快点快点!快去!

[ Ellen, Susan, and Grandpa rush to open the door. Marilyn, Richard, Philip, and Robbie enter the house. Marilyn is carrying Max. ]

Ellen: Let's see. Oh, welcome home. Oh, let her in. [ to Richard ] Wait with your pictures for a second. Come on, darlings. [ to the baby ]  Sweetheart .... Sit down right here. [ She walks with them into the living room ]

让我看看。噢,欢迎回家。快让她进来。你先别急着拍照。来吧,亲爱的们。小宝贝……坐这儿,坐这儿。

Susan: Oh, he's so cute! Oh, Marilyn!

噢,他太可爱了!噢,玛丽莲!

Robbie: Max looks just like Grandpa.

马克斯长得真像爷爷。

Grandpa: A real Stewart.

不愧是斯图尔特家的人。

Marilyn: I'm so happy to be home with my family --and with Max.

能回到家,和家人在一起——还有和马克斯在一起,我真开心。

[ The family continues to play with Max. ]

12个相关单词

与课文关联的单词

joyous

/ˈdʒɔɪəs/adj. 令人高兴的

adorable

/əˈdɔːrəb(ə)l/adj. 讨人喜欢的

resemble

/rɪˈzemb(ə)l/v. 与…相似

fond

/fɒnd/adj. 喜欢的

crowded

/ˈkraʊdɪd/adj. 塞满的

great-grandchild

/'greɪt'græntʃaɪld/n. 曾孙

generation *

/ˌdʒenəˈreɪʃ(ə)n/n. 一代(人)

initial *

/ɪˈnɪʃ(ə)l/n. (姓名的)首字母

ounce

/aʊns/n. 盎司

average *

/ˈævərɪdʒ/adj. 普通的

sweetheart

/ˈswiːthɑːt/n. 甜心

speaking

/ˈspiːkɪŋ/n. 说到、聊到、说起
笔记更新中
当您看到了此提示,说明本课笔记还在正在努力更新中...
个人长相 更新于:2026-05-18 11:16:33

There's nothing more joyous than the arrival of a new baby. 没有比新生命的降临更让人快乐的了。

nothing more... than... 没有比……更……的了 / 最……不过了

  • There is nothing more refreshing than a cold glass of water after a hard workout. 运动后没有比一杯冰水更让人清爽的了。
  • Nothing is more important than ensuring your server infrastructure is stable. 没有什么比确保你的服务器基础设施稳定更重要的了。
  • There’s nothing more rewarding than seeing your students finally master a difficult lesson. 没有什么比看到学生终于掌握了难点课文更有成就感的了。
Nothing less than 简直就是 / 不亚于His sudden recovery was nothing less than a miracle. 他的突然康复简直就是一个奇迹。
More than 不仅仅是 / 极其We are more than happy to assist you with the digital asset management. 我们非常乐意协助您管理数字化资产。

He looks a lot like you, Mom. 妈妈,他长得特别像你。

look a lot like 长得很像 / 外貌非常相似

  • The newborn baby looks a lot like his father with those big blue eyes. 那个刚出生的婴儿长得特别像他父亲,尤其是那双蓝色的大眼睛。
  • This user interface looks a lot like the one we tested last month. 这个用户界面看起来非常像我们上个月测试的那个。
  • You look a lot like your older brother when you smile. 你笑起来的时候非常像你哥哥。
Take after (外貌或性格上)像(某个长辈)He completely takes after his grandfather in his passion for building things. 在对建造事物的热忱上,他完全随了他爷爷。
Bear a resemblance to 与……有相似之处The new data tracking report bears a close resemblance to last year's layout. 新的数据追踪报告与去年的布局有着极高的相似度。

Well, children usually resemble their parents. 嗯,孩子通常都像父母。

resemble (动词)像 / 与……相似(比 look like 更正式)

  • She closely resembles her mother in both appearance and gentle personality. 她在外貌和温柔的性格上都酷似她母亲。
  • The two multi-agent systems resemble each other in their core logic codes. 这两个多智能体系统在核心逻辑代码上非常相似。
  • He doesn't resemble any of his siblings at all. 他看起来和他的任何亲兄弟姐妹一点都不像。
Resemblance (名词)相似 / 相像There is a striking resemblance between the two tracking heatmaps. 这两张追踪热力图之间有着惊人的相似性。
Identical to 与……完全相同Her English study notes are almost identical to the teacher's textbook. 她的英语学习笔记几乎跟老师的教科书一模一样。

Yes. I'm very fond of her. 是的,我非常喜欢她。

be fond of 喜爱 / 喜欢(常指长期的、温和的喜爱)

  • My grandfather is very fond of sharing his years of experience in the construction trade. 我爷爷非常喜欢分享他多年在建筑行业的经验。
  • Over the years, I have grown fond of using multi-file reasoning tools to complete my tasks. 这些年来,我逐渐喜欢上了用多文件推理工具来完成工作。
  • She is fond of classical music and spends her entire weekends at concerts. 她酷爱古典音乐,整个周末都泡在音乐会里。
Be keen on 对……着迷 / 热衷于He is keen on checking website interaction performance data every morning. 他热衷于每天清晨检查网站的互动表现数据。
Have a soft spot for 对……情有独钟 / 心软She always has a soft spot for stray dogs. 她对流浪狗总是特别有同情心。

Another generation to carry on the Stewart name. 又有一代人来继承史蒂威特这个姓氏了。

carry on 继承 / 延续 / 继续进行

  • He is determined to carry on the family web hosting business established by his father. 他下定决心要继承由他父亲创立的家族网站托管业务。
  • The team decided to carry on with the research despite losing half of their funding. 尽管失去了半数资金,团队还是决定继续推进这项研究。
  • It is a wonderful local tradition that has been carried on for over three centuries. 这是一项延续了三个多世纪的优秀地方传统。
Pass down 一代代传下去 / 走入历史传承These teaching methods and notes were passed down through generations of educators. 这些教学方法和讲义是由一代代教育工作者传承下来的。
Keep up 保持 / 维持(好的状态或速度)You've been doing a great job; keep up the good work! 你干得太棒了,继续保持!
个人的身材 更新于:2026-05-18 11:18:37

They can keep a record of all of the important dates here.他们可以在这里记录下所有重要的日子。

keep a record of... 记录 / 记载 / 保持对……的记录

  • The baby album is perfect to keep a record of all the key milestones in Max's life. 这本婴儿相册非常适合用来记录迈克斯人生中的所有关键里程碑。
  • It is crucial to keep a record of all configuration changes in the server log. 在服务器日志中记录下所有的配置更改是至关重要的。
  • You should keep a record of daily website interactions to analyze traffic trends. 你应该记录每天的网站交互数据,以便分析流量趋势。
Keep a record 记录下来(留作备查)Please keep a record of your business expenses for tax residency purposes. 请记录好你的商业开支,以便用于税务居民身份审查。
Break a record 打破纪录He managed to break the record with an 842-day language learning streak. 他凭借连续 842 天的语言学习打卡成功打破了纪录。

And Max has your initials, Grandpa: M.S.而且迈克斯的名字首字母和您的一样,爷爷:M.S.。

initials / middle initial 名字的首字母 / 中间名的首字母

  • "No middle name. No middle initial." "Like me. I'm Malcolm Stewart." “没有中间名,也没有中间名的首字母。”“跟我一样,我是马尔科姆·史蒂威特。”
  • Please write your full name and sign your initials at the bottom of the form. 请在表格底部填写你的全名并签署你的名字首字母。
  • The initials on the digital payment profile must match your legal documentation. 数字支付档案上的姓名首字母必须与你的法律文件相符。
First name / Given name 名(如 Max)His first name is short and sweet. 他的名字简短而动听。
Last name / Surname 姓(如 Stewart)Another generation to carry on the Stewart last name. 又有一代人来继承史蒂威特这个姓氏了。

I take after my mother's family.我长得像我母亲那家的人。

take after (在外貌、性格、才能上)像(家族长辈)

  • He completely takes after his father in his passion for managing server infrastructure. 在热衷于管理服务器基础设施这一点上,他完全随了他父亲。
  • With those big blue eyes, the baby doesn't seem to take after his mother's side. 长着那样一双蓝色大眼睛,这宝宝看起来不怎么像他妈妈家的人。
  • She takes after her grandfather and is incredibly talented in the construction trade. 她像她爷爷一样,在建筑行业极具天赋。
Take after 血缘上的“相像”(长辈)Robbie takes after his dad and loves photography. 罗比随他爸,也喜欢摄影。
Look like 外表上的“看起来像”The new web property interface looks like a premium platform. 这个新网站属性的界面看起来像一个高端平台。

Speaking of mother and of father --and speaking of Max-- I hear the car.说到爸爸妈妈——还有迈克斯——我听到车声了。

Speaking of... 谈到…… / 提起…… / 说到……(用于顺着前面的话题引出新的相关内容)

  • Speaking of English study materials, have you uploaded the latest New Concept lesson notes? 说到英语学习资料,你上传最新的《新概念》课文笔记了吗?
  • I love this restaurant. Speaking of good food, how is your meishiq.com project going? 我喜欢这家餐厅。说到美食,你的美食网项目进展如何了?
  • We need to track user interactions. Speaking of that, let's look at the Microsoft Clarity session recordings. 我们需要追踪用户交互。说到那个,咱们来看看 Clarity 的会话录制吧。
Speaking of 说到/提起(承接上文话题)Speaking of advertisement placement, the account was finally approved. 提起广告投放,那个账号终于通过审批了。
As for 至于...(转移到另一个对立或不同的话题)The design is ready. As for the domain registration, it's handled via Cloudflare. 设计已经好了。至于域名注册,已经通过 Cloudflare 搞定了。