Episode 12 You're Tops ACT III 顶尖高手 第三幕

[ The next morning. Grandpa is in John Marchetta's office. He is waiting for Mr. Marchetta to enter. ]

Grandpa: Hi. I'm Malcolm Stewart.

你好。我是马尔科姆·斯图尔特。

Marchetta: John Marchetta. Sit down, sit down.

我是约翰·马切塔。请坐,请坐。

Grandpa: Susan has told me a great deal about you. She says you're quite a man.

苏珊跟我说了很多关于你的事。她说你是个很了不起的人。

Marchetta: She says a lot of wonderful things about you too, Mr. Stewart.

她也说了你很多了不起的事,斯图尔特先生。

Grandpa: That's always nice to hear, Mr. Marchetta.

听到这些总是让人很开心,马切塔先生。

Marchetta: Call me John. May I call you Malcolm?

叫我约翰吧。我可以叫你马尔科姆吗?

[ Grandpa nods. ]

Marchetta: Let's talk business.

我们来谈正事吧。

Grandpa: That's music to my ears.

这正合我意。

Marchetta: I understand you used to be in the construction business.

听说你以前是做建筑这一行的。

Grandpa: Yup. Forty-three years. Here's a brief description of forty-three years of on-the-job training. [ He gives Mr. Marchetta his résumé ]

没错。四十三年。这是我四十三年工作经历的简要介绍。

Marchetta: That is some history! You're a valuable asset, Malcolm. Very valuable.

这履历可真了不起!你是非常宝贵的人才,马尔科姆。非常宝贵。

Grandpa: Thank you. Yup. Forty-three years. Half that time in my own construction company. Big jobs--factories, shopping malls. That kind of thing.

谢谢。是啊,四十三年。其中一半时间是在我自己的建筑公司里干的。大型工程——工厂、购物中心之类的。

Marchetta: Then you retired.

后来你退休了。

Grandpa: Yes.  After my wife died, and I felt I should spend more time with my children and grandchildren. I lived in Florida, and they lived in New York.

是的。妻子去世以后,我觉得应该多陪陪孩子和孙辈。我住在佛罗里达,他们住在纽约。

Marchetta: I understand. My daughter Cami lives in New York. I like being near her.

我能理解。我女儿卡米也住在纽约。我喜欢离她近一点。

Grandpa: When I came here, I planned to take a few months off. Relax with the family and then look for some work.

我刚搬来这里时,打算先休息几个月。陪陪家人,放松一下,然后再找点事情做。

Grandpa: Put my experience on the line ... but, unfortunately, there isn't any work for a retired person my age.

把我的这一身经验重新带回商场……但很可惜,像我这个年纪的退休老人,社会上几乎不给机会了。

Marchetta: Sometimes there is, and sometimes there isn't. Well, I'm involved with an organization, and we're trying to resolve that problem.

有时候有,有时候没有。嗯,我参加了一个组织,我们正努力解决这个问题。

Grandpa: What's that?

什么组织?

Marchetta: TOPS. T-O-P-S--means Talented Older People's Society.

TOPS。T-O-P-S,意思是“优秀长者协会”。

Grandpa: I'd like to be a member. How much are the dues?

我想加入。会费是多少?

Marchetta: There are no dues. The organization serves major companies in this city. Why?

没有会费。这个组织为本市的大公司提供服务。为什么这么问?

Marchetta: Because our members are men and women like you. Experienced, talented, retired. But our members want to go out there and use their talents. They want to work.

因为我们的会员都是像你这样的人。有经验、有才能,也已经退休。但他们还是希望出去发挥自己的才能,他们还想工作。

Grandpa: That is fantastic, John!

这太棒了,约翰!

Marchetta: I've got an idea for you, Malcolm. Just fill out this form for me. It'll only take a few minutes. Sit right here, and do it while I talk to my secretary.

我有个想法,马尔科姆。先帮我把这张表填一下,只要几分钟。你就坐在这里填,我去跟秘书说几句话。

Marchetta: When I get back, we'll talk about my new factory. My company is a member of TOPS. So I try hard to find opportunities for people like you. Malcolm.

等我回来,我们再谈谈我的新工厂。我的公司也是TOPS的成员,所以我一直努力帮像你这样的人寻找机会,马尔科姆。

Marchetta: And when I see an opportunity, I can act on it. Well, I can use your brainpower on the job right now.

而且一旦发现机会,我就会立刻行动。其实,我现在就能在工作上用到你的经验和智慧。

Marchetta: Have you got time this morning to go over to the construction site with me?  I'd like to have you meet my foreman--get some background on the job.

今天上午你有时间跟我一起去工地看看吗?我想让你见见我的工头,也顺便了解一下这个项目的情况。

Grandpa: I've got plenty of time.

我时间多得很。

Marchetta: I'll be right back. We'll go over to the job site together.

我马上回来。等会儿我们一起去工地。

[ At the job site later that morning. Grandpa and Mr. Marchetta are speaking with Danny, the foreman of the construction project. ]

Danny: Malcolm, you worked on the Spaceport project?

马尔科姆,你当年参加过‘太空港’的工程?

Grandpa: My company was the contractor. I built the theater there with my own two hands, practically.

我的公司是承包商。那里的剧院几乎可以说是我亲手建起来的。

Danny: I understand.

明白了。

Marchetta: Well, I'm glad to see you two guys getting along so well because, Danny, Malcolm is on the TOPS team. He's going to be working with you for a while. His experience will be valuable to both of us.

嗯,看到你们俩这么投缘我很高兴。丹尼,马尔科姆现在是TOPS团队的一员了。他会跟你一起工作一段时间。他的经验对我们俩都会很有帮助。

Danny: Welcome aboard, Malcolm!

欢迎加入,马尔科姆!

Marchetta: I'm going back to my office. Give me a call later, Malcolm.  I'll tell you the time and date of the next TOPS meeting. I'd like you to meet the group.

我要回办公室了。晚点给我打个电话,马尔科姆。我会告诉你下次TOPS聚会的时间和日期。我想让你认识一下大家。

Grandpa: I will, John. And again--thanks.

好的,约翰。还有,再次谢谢你。

Marchetta: No ... thank you. And thank Susan. [ He leaves. ]

不……是我要谢谢你。还有,替我谢谢苏珊。

Grandpa: He's quite a man.

他真是个了不起的人。

Danny: A real inspiration for me.

他真是我的榜样。

Grandpa: OK, Danny. I know you didn't expect to have me around, but I think I can be of some help to you.

好了,丹尼。我知道你没想到我会来,不过我觉得自己应该能帮上点忙。

Danny: Let me tell you something, Malcolm. With your background and experience, I can learn something ... and I do need some advice on a difficult problem. Let me show you this.

我跟你说,马尔科姆。凭你的背景和经验,我肯定能学到不少东西……而且我现在确实有个难题想请教你。你看看这个。

Grandpa: [ He looks at Danny's building plans. ] I don't want to give you a final opinion without studying these building plans more carefully. But a simple solution might be to move the air-conditioning units instead of redesigning the entire system. It might be simpler and less expensive.

在仔细研究这些建筑图纸之前,我不想轻易下最后结论。不过,一个简单的办法也许是移动空调设备的位置,而不是重新设计整个系统。这样可能更简单,成本也更低。

Danny: You just earned your weight in gold, Malcolm. Welcome aboard!

马尔科姆,你这一句话就值千金啊!欢迎加入团队!

[ in Susan's office that afternoon. Grandpa is telling Susan about his meeting with the foreman Danny. ]

Grandpa: It all happened so quickly! I can't believe it!

一切发生得太快了!我简直不敢相信!

Susan: I'm glad Mr. Marchetta was so helpful.

我很高兴马切塔先生这么帮你。

Grandpa: He was more than helpful. He actually took me to meet his foreman.

他可不只是帮忙而已。他还亲自带我去见了工头。

Susan: I'm thrilled for you, Grandpa.

爷爷,我真替你高兴。

Grandpa: I don't know how to thank you, Susan. You're a wonderful granddaughter.

我真不知道该怎么谢谢你,苏珊。你真是个好孙女。

Susan: It's good to see you so happy.

看到你这么开心,我也很高兴。

Grandpa: I'll be at the construction site tomorrow. What are you doing tomorrow night?

我明天要去工地。你明晚有什么安排?

Susan: I'm not doing anything. Why?

我没什么安排。怎么了?

Grandpa: How about a date with your grandfather? I owe you a good steak dinner.

要不要跟爷爷约个会?我请客,带你去吃顶级牛排。

Susan: I'll accept.  Tomorrow night. You and me. Dinner. What time?

我接受。明晚。你和我。一起吃晚饭。几点?

Grandpa: I'll pick you up here at seven. Is that OK?

我七点来这里接你,可以吗?

Susan: I can't wait! And you can tell me all about your first full day back on the job.

我都等不及了!到时候你可得好好跟我讲讲你复工第一天的情况。

Grandpa: It's a deal!

一言为定,不见不散!

[ They shake hands and hug. ]

本课重点词汇

30 个相关单词

quite *

/ kwaɪt / adv. 出众的,了不起的

brief *

/ briːf / adj. 短暂的;简短的

on-the-job

/ 'ɒnðə'dʒɒb / adj. 在职的

asset *

/ ˈæset / n. 有价值的人

take off *

/ teɪk ɒf / v. (从工作中)脱离;休息

involved *

/ ɪnˈvɒlvd / v. 涉及;参与

organization *

/ ˌɔːɡənaɪˈzeɪʃn / n. 组织,机构

resolve

/ rɪˈzɒlv / v. 解决

member *

/ ˈmembə(r) / n. 成员

dues

/ djuːz / n. 会费

experienced

/ ɪkˈspɪəriənst / adj. 经验丰富的

retired

/ rɪˈtaɪəd / adj. 退休的

brainpower

/ ˈbreɪnpaʊə(r) / n. 智慧

spaceport

/ ˈspeɪsˌpɔːt / n. 太空港

project *

/ ˈprɒdʒekt; prəˈdʒekt / n. 项目

contractor

/ kənˈtræktə(r); ˈkɒntræktə(r) / n. 承包商

theater

/ ˈθɪətə(r) / n. 戏院

practically

/ ˈpræktɪkli / adv. 几乎,差不多

aboard *

/ əˈbɔːd / adv. 加入,加盟

study *

/ ˈstʌdi / v. 研究;仔细看

carefully

/ ˈkeəfəli / adv. 仔细地

simple *

/ ˈsɪmp(ə)l / adj. 简单的

air-conditioning

/ ˈeə kəndɪʃənɪŋ / n. 空调

units

/ ˈjuːnɪts / n. 单元

redesign

/ ˌriːdɪˈzaɪn / v. 重新规划

earned

/ ɜ:nd / v. 挣得(钱、名声)

weight *

/ weɪt / n. 影响力,重要性

thrilled

/ θrɪld / adj. 非常兴奋

owe

/ əʊ / v. 应该感激;归功于

get along

/ ɡet əˈlɔŋ / v. 相处

商业互捧

更新于:2026-05-18 15:39:22
3

Susan has told me a great deal about you. 苏珊跟我提起过很多关于您的事情。

a great deal 大量 / 很多(通常用于不可数概念或抽象的叙述)

  • I learned a great deal from my years of experience in the construction trade. 我从多年的建筑行业经验中学到了很多东西。
  • It takes a great deal of time and energy to manage server infrastructure. 管理服务器基础设施需要耗费大量的时间和精力。
  • She knows a great deal about multi-agent orchestration systems. 她对多智能体编排系统了解得非常多。
A lot / A great deal 大量 / 频繁 He travels a great deal for business. 他因公出差非常频繁。
A good deal of 大量的...(接不可数名词) They spent a good deal of money on updating the website. 他们花了大笔的钱来更新网站。

She says you're quite a man. 她说你是个非常了不起的人。

quite a/an [noun] 相当了不起的…… / 真正的……(表示赞赏、强调程度或不同寻常)

  • He is quite a chef; this lamb chop tastes absolutely amazing! 他可真是个了不起的大厨;这羊排味道绝了!
  • That's quite a story! I can hardly believe it's true. 那可真是一个传奇的故事!我简直不敢相信是真的。
  • Managing multiple search performance properties all by yourself is quite an achievement. 独自管理多个网站的搜索表现真是一项了不起的成就。
Quite a [noun] 相当不错的...(强调名词本身) It was quite a surprise when they approved the loan application. 房贷申请批准时,真是个不小的惊喜。
Quite [adjective] 相当...(修饰形容词) The traffic performance data is quite satisfying this month. 这个月的流量表现数据相当令人满意。

That's always nice to hear, Mr. Marchetta. 马切塔先生,听到这样的话总是让人高兴。

nice to hear 听你这么说真好 / 听到(这消息)真让人高兴

  • "I really enjoy your English study materials." "That's always nice to hear!" “我真的很喜欢你做的英语学习资料。”“听你这么说总是让人很高兴!”
  • It is nice to hear that your website interaction performance has improved. 听到你们网站的互动表现有所提升,真是件大好事。
  • It's always nice to hear from old friends after so many years. 隔了这么多年,能收到老朋友的音讯总是让人欣慰。
Good to hear 听到...太好了 It's good to hear that you solved the problem with the server. 听说你把服务器的问题解决了,真是太好了。
Music to one's ears 动听的话 / 极好的消息 The news of the tax refund was music to my ears. 退税的消息对我来说简直是天籁之音。

May I call you Malcolm? 我可以叫你马尔科姆吗?

May I call you... 我可以直呼你的名字……吗?(西方社交中由正式的“姓氏”称呼过渡到直呼其名“First name”的礼貌请求,标志着人际关系更进一步)

  • "Please call me John." "And may I call you Malcolm?" “请叫我约翰。”“那我可以叫你马尔科姆吗?”
  • May I call you by your first name? It's much easier to talk this way. 我可以直呼你的名字吗?这样聊起来更自然。
  • You can call me whenever you need help with the session recordings. 你需要协助查看会话录制时,随时可以联系(叫)我。
On a first-name basis 熟稔到直呼其名 After working together, we are now on a first-name basis. 一起工作之后,我们现在已经熟到可以直呼其名了。
Address someone as 称呼某人为... You should address him as Mr. Stewart until he says otherwise. 在他主动开口前,你还是应该称呼他为史蒂威特先生。

真奔主题

更新于:2026-05-18 15:40:20
3

That's music to my ears. 那对我来说真是天籁之音(大快人心的好消息)。

music to one's ears 好消息 / 听了让人开心的话

  • Hearing that the server migration was successful was music to my ears. 听到服务器迁移成功的消息,对我来说真是个大好消息。
  • Your compliments about my lesson notes are music to my ears. 你对我讲义的夸奖,我听了心里美滋滋的。
  • The news of a tax refund was music to her ears. 退税的消息对她来说简直是天籁之音。
Welcome news 受欢迎的好消息 The lower interest rates are welcome news for homebuyers. 降息对购房者来说是个好消息。
Good tidings 佳音 / 喜讯 The letter brought good tidings from our partners overseas. 这封信带来了海外合作伙伴的好消息。

I planned to take a few months off. 我原计划休息几个月。

take [time] off 请假 / 休息一段时间 / 暂离工作

  • I'm going to take a week off to spend time with my family. 我打算请一周假去陪陪家人。
  • She decided to take some time off from her career to study multi-agent orchestration. 她决定暂停工作一段时间,去研究多智能体编排。
  • Can I take tomorrow afternoon off to handle some personal matters? 我明天下午能请个假去处理一些私事吗?
Take a leave 请假(通常指较正式的假) He had to take a medical leave last semester. 上学期他不得不请了病假。
Have a break 歇一会儿 / 休息一下 Let's have a short break before we analyze the website interactions. 在我们分析网站互动数据前,先稍微歇一会儿吧。

Put my experience on the line... 让我的经验经受实际工作的检验(或“不惧风险地展现经验”)。

put [something] on the line 让……处于危险之中 / 经受严峻考验

  • He put his reputation on the line to support the controversial web hosting project. 他赌上了自己的名誉来支持这个备受争议的网站托管项目。
  • Firefighters put their lives on the line every single day to save others. 消防员们每天都冒着生命危险去拯救他人。
  • Are you willing to put your career on the line for this decision? 你愿意为这个决定赌上你的职业生涯吗?
Put to the test 接受检验 The new server infrastructure was put to the test during the peak traffic hours. 新的服务器基础设施在流量高峰期经受了严峻的检验。
At stake 处于危险中 / 利益攸关 Thousands of jobs are at stake if the company goes under. 如果公司倒闭,数千个工作岗位将面临危机。

Just fill out this form for me. 帮我把这张表填了就行。

fill out a form 填写表格

  • Please fill out this application form before you submit your resume. 请在提交简历前填好这份申请表。
  • It takes only a few minutes to fill out the tax residency form online. 在网上填写税务居民身份信息表只需要几分钟。
  • Make sure you fill out all the required fields in the document. 确保你填写了文件中所有必填的字段。
Fill in 填(表中的某一项空缺) You need to fill in your first name and last name here. 你需要在这里填上你的名和姓。
Complete a form (较正式)完成表格填写 Please complete the form and return it to the registration desk. 请将表格填写完整并交回给登记处。

And when I see an opportunity, I can act on it. 一旦看到机会,我就能立刻采取行动。

act on [something] 根据……采取行动 / 针对……做出反应

  • The police quickly acted on a tip from an anonymous caller. 警方根据匿名举报人的线索迅速采取了行动。
  • You should always act on your doctor's advice to improve your health. 你应当始终遵医嘱去改善身体健康。
  • When the system detects an infrastructure error, the script will automatically act on it. 当系统检测到基础设施错误时,脚本会自动执行相应操作。
Take action 采取行动 We need to take action immediately to stop the data leak. 我们必须立即采取行动来阻止数据泄露。
Follow through 把...进行到底 / 落实 It's great to have ideas, but you must follow through on them. 有想法固然好,但你必须付诸实践。

投名状

更新于:2026-05-18 15:41:17
3

I built the theater there with my own two hands, practically. 这栋剧院几乎是我亲手盖起来的。

with one's own two hands 亲手 / 亲自动手(强调不借助他人力量的辛勤付出)

  • He built his entire business website with his own two hands from scratch. 他用自己的双手,从零开始搭建了整个业务网站。
  • I don't want to just hire a contractor; I want to landscape this garden with my own two hands. 我不想只是雇个承包商,我想亲自动手修剪这个花园。
  • She crafted that beautiful dining table with her own two hands. 她亲手制作了那张漂亮的餐桌。
Do it yourself (DIY) 自己动手 If you want to save money on home renovation, you can do it yourself. 如果你想在房屋装修上省钱,你可以自己动手。
Single-handedly 独力地 / 凭一己之力 He single-handedly managed the entire server infrastructure during the crisis. 在危机期间,他凭一己之力管理了整个服务器基础设施。

Malcolm is on the TOPS team. He's going to be working with you for a while. 马尔科姆现在是TOPS团队的一员了。他会和你共事一段时间。

Welcome aboard! 欢迎加入(团队/公司/项目)!

  • We’ve just hired a new English copywriter. Let’s welcome her aboard! 我们刚刚录用了一位新的英语文案。让我们欢迎她的加入!
  • Welcome aboard! You're going to love working with our multi-agent orchestration team. 欢迎加入!你会喜欢和我们的多智能体编排团队一起工作的。
  • The manager smiled, shook my hand, and said, "Welcome aboard!" 经理微笑着和我握手,并说:“欢迎加入团队!”
Join the team 加入团队 We are thrilled that you decided to join the team. 我们非常高兴你决定加入这个团队。
Glad to have you with us 很高兴你能和我们在一起 Your experience in the construction trade is vital, and we're glad to have you with us. 你在建筑行业的经验至关重要,很高兴你能加入我们。

I think I can be of some help to you. 我想我对你可能会有些帮助。

be of help (to someone) (比 help 更加委婉、正式)对某人有所帮助 / 派上用场

  • If these lesson notes can be of any help to your studies, feel free to use them. 如果这些课堂笔记对你的学习有所帮助,请随时使用。
  • The tracking heatmaps will be of great help in identifying user interaction bugs. 在识别用户交互错误时,追踪热力图将会有很大的帮助。
  • I hope this tax residency documentation will be of help to your profile setup. 希望这份税务居民身份证明文件能对你的个人资料设置有所帮助。
Be of service 提供服务 / 效劳 Please let me know if I can be of further service. 如果我能进一步为您效劳,请告诉我。
Come in handy 派上用场 / 很有用 Keep the backup server ready; it might come in handy tonight. 让备份服务器准备就绪,今晚可能会派上用场。

You just earned your weight in gold, Malcolm. 马尔科姆,你这主意真是价值连城(你立了大功)。

worth/earn one's weight in gold 价值连城 / 极其宝贵 / 立下汗马功劳

  • An experienced web developer who can troubleshoot server infrastructure under pressure is worth their weight in gold. 一个能在压力下排除服务器基础设施故障的资深网开人员,简直是无价之宝。
  • You just earned your weight in gold by finding that critical tracking error before the product launch. 你在产品发布前发现了那个关键的追踪错误,真是立了大功。
  • Good neighbors who look after your house while you are away are worth their weight in gold. 当你不在家时帮你照看房子的好邻居,真是太难得、太宝贵了。
Invaluable 极宝贵的 / 无法估价的 Her advice on multi-file reasoning turned out to be invaluable to our research. 她对多文件推理的建议对我们的研究被证明是极宝贵的。
Worth every penny 完全值这个价 The new premium hosting plan is expensive, but its high uptime makes it worth every penny. 新的高级托管计划虽然昂贵,但其高在线率让它物超所值。

回报请客

更新于:2026-05-18 15:42:15
3

He was more than helpful. 他岂止是乐于助人,简直是太热心了。

more than + 形容词 不只是…… / 极其…… / 远不止……(用于强烈表达程度,超越单纯的形容词修饰)

  • The new multi-agent orchestrator is more than efficient; it's completely revolutionary. 这个新的多智能体编排器岂止是高效,简直是革命性的。
  • I am more than happy to review your lesson notes for you. 我非常乐意为你复习你的课堂笔记。
  • The weather outside was more than cold; it was absolutely freezing. 外面的天气岂止是冷,简直是要冻僵了。
More than + 形容词 极其... / 岂止... She was more than willing to help us troubleshoot the server infrastructure. 她非常愿意帮我们排查服务器基础设施的故障。
More than + 数量/名词 多于... / 超过... We received more than a thousand unique visitors on the website today. 我们网站今天迎来了超过一千名独立访客。

I'm thrilled for you, Grandpa. 爷爷,我真替您感到由衷的高兴。

be thrilled for someone 为某人感到由衷的高兴、欣喜或激动

  • I heard your website was approved for Google AdSense—I am so thrilled for you! 听说你的网站通过了谷歌广告联盟的审批——我真替你高兴!
  • We are all thrilled for her as she embarks on her new career in New York. 看到她在纽约开启职业新生涯,我们都由衷地替她感到高兴。
  • "I finally maintained my 842-day study streak!" "Wow, I'm thrilled for you!" “我终于保持住了842天的学习打卡记录!”“哇,真替你激动!”
Be thrilled for someone 替(某人)高兴 They just got married, and I am so thrilled for them. 他们刚结婚,我真替他们感到高兴。
Be thrilled with/about something 对(某事)感到非常满意/兴奋 The marketing team is thrilled with the latest session recording data. 营销团队对最新的会话录制数据感到非常满意。

I owe you a good steak dinner. 我欠你一顿丰盛的牛排大餐(我该好好请你吃顿牛排)。

owe someone something 欠某人某物(在口语中常用来表达感激,意为“我应该请你吃……/我该帮你一个忙”来回报你的好意)

  • Thanks for helping me fix the domain registration issue; I owe you a coffee. 谢谢你帮我解决域名注册问题,我欠你一杯咖啡。
  • You saved my project with that multi-file reasoning tool—I owe you a big favor. 你用那个多文件推理工具救了我的项目——我欠你一个大的人情。
  • I owe you a dinner for taking care of my pets while I was away in New Jersey. 我去新泽西期间你帮我照顾宠物,我该请你吃顿饭。
Owe someone a meal/favor (因感激而)欠某人饭/人情 You've been a great help this week. I owe you a big lunch. 这周你帮了大忙。我得好好请你吃顿午饭。
Owe money to someone 欠某人钱 He still owes five hundred dollars to the bank for the web hosting services. 因购买网站托管服务,他仍欠银行五百美元。

It's a deal! 一言为定! / 说话算数!

It's a deal! (口语常用语)一言为定 / 就这么办 / 妥了(用于双方达成某种口头协议、约定或交易时)

  • "If you help me with the tax residency forms, I'll review your English summary." "It's a deal!" “如果你帮我弄税务居民表格,我就帮你复习英语摘要。”“一言为定!”
  • "I'll pick you up at seven o'clock tonight." "It's a deal! See you then." “我今晚七点来接你。”“一言为定!回头见。”
  • "You do the dishes and I'll make the mashed potatoes." "Deal!" “你洗碗,我来做土豆泥。”“成交!”
It's a deal! / Deal! (口语)一言为定 / 成交 "Let's split the cost of the server infrastructure." "Deal!" “咱们平摊服务器基础设施的费用吧。”“成!”
Make a deal (动词短语)达成协议 / 做交易 The two companies finally made a deal after long negotiations. 经过漫长的谈判,两家公司终于达成了协议。