Episode 11 A Place of Our Own ACT III自己的房子 第三幕

[ In a bank in Riverdale. Marilyn and Richard are speaking with a loan officer about borrowing money to buy a house. ]

Mr. Riley: How do you do?

你好。

Richard: Hello.

你好。

Mr. Riley: I'm Ralph Riley. [ He shakes Richard's hand. ]

我叫拉尔夫·赖利。

Richard: I'm Richard Stewart, and this is my wife, Marilyn.

我是理查德·斯图尔特,这是我妻子玛丽琳。

Mr. Riley: Pleased to meet you.

很高兴认识你们。

Marilyn: [ She shakes his hand. ] Likewise, Mr. Riley.

我也很高兴认识你,赖利先生。

Mr. Riley: Please, sit down. What can I do for you?

请坐。我能帮你们什么?

Richard: We'd like to discuss a mortgage.

我们想咨询一下房屋贷款的事。

Marilyn: For a house.

是买房用的。

Mr. Riley: Fine. Are you buying a house or are you refinancing your present home?

好的。你们是准备买房,还是给现在的房子办理再融资?

Richard: We're planning to buy a house.

我们打算买一栋房子。

Marilyn: And we'd like to find out about a mortgage.

所以想了解一下贷款的情况。

Richard: We are customers of the bank. As a matter of fact, my whole family banks here.

我们是这家银行的客户。事实上,我们全家都在这里办业务。

Mr. Riley: I have some questions to ask. [ He writes on a form. ] Do you own your house or do you rent?

我有几个问题想问一下。你们现在的房子是自己的还是租的?

Richard: Neither. We live with my parents, Dr. and Mrs. Philip Stewart.

都不是。我们和我父母一起住,我父亲是菲利普·斯图尔特医生。

Mr. Riley: And how old are you?

你们今年多大了?

Marilyn: I'm twenty-nine.

我二十九岁。

Richard: I'm thirty.

我三十岁。

Mr. Riley: And, Mr. Stewart, what is your occupation?

那么,斯图尔特先生,你是做什么工作的?

Richard: I'm a freelance photographer.

我是自由摄影师。

Mr. Riley: And, Mrs. Stewart, are you working?

斯图尔特太太,你目前有工作吗?

Marilyn: Yes. I'm a designer, and I work in a boutique.

有。我是一名设计师,在一家精品服装店工作。

Mr. Riley: Did you bring any savings or salary information? Last year's tax forms?

你们带储蓄证明、收入资料或者去年的纳税申报单了吗?

Richard: Yes. Here they are.

带了,在这儿。

Mr. Riley: OK. What ... what kind of house did you have in mind?

好的。那……你们想买什么样的房子?

Richard: We're talking about buying a two-bedroom house in Mount Kisco. Here are the financial details on the house.

我们在考虑买一栋位于芒特基斯科的两居室房子。这是那栋房子的相关财务资料。

Mr. Riley: Thank you. [ He reads the details. ] Are you prepared to make a ten-percent down payment?

谢谢。你们准备付百分之十的首付吗?

Richard: Yes, we are.

是的。

Mr. Riley: Payments over thirty years?

贷款分三十年偿还?

[ Marilyn and Richard nod their heads. ]

Richard: Yes.

对。

Richard: Do you think we can get a loan?

你觉得我们能贷到款吗?

Mr. Riley: Well, it depends. Do you own any other property? Any stocks or bonds?

这个得看情况。你们还有其他房产吗?或者股票、债券之类的资产?

Richard: No.

没有。

Mr. Riley: I see. Then you don't have any collateral. Perhaps you could get a guarantor--someone to sign for the loan for you.

我明白了。这么说,你们目前提供不了任何抵押担保。也许你们可以找个担保人——让别人帮你们担保贷款。

Richard: Why is that necessary?

为什么一定需要担保人呢?

Mr. Riley: Since you don't have enough income, and you don't already own any property, the bank needs to be sure you can pay the mortgage every month. A guarantor is responsible for the loan if you can't make the payments.

因为你们目前收入不算高,而且也没有其他资产,所以银行需要确认你们有能力按月偿还贷款。如果你们无法还款,担保人就需要承担责任。

Richard: I see. Well, the idea of buying a house is exciting.

我明白了。不过,一想到能买房子,还是挺让人兴奋的。

Marilyn: Thank you, Mr. Riley. We'll read this over carefully.

谢谢你,赖利先生。我们会仔细看看这些资料的。

Mr. Riley: Thank you.

不客气。

Richard: Good-bye. Thanks.

再见,谢谢你。

Mr. Riley: Good-bye. And hope to see you soon.

再见。希望很快还能见到你们。

Richard: I hope so, too.

我也希望如此。

[ They all shake hands. ]

Mr. Riley: Take care.

慢走。

Marilyn: Good-bye.

再见。

[ Later, on the patio of the Stewarts' home. Richard and Marilyn are speaking about their experience at the bank. ]

Richard: It all sounded so easy until they mentioned needing collateral or a guarantor.

在他们提到需要抵押资产或者担保人之前,一切听起来都挺简单的。

Marilyn: We have no collateral.

我们根本没有抵押资产。

Richard: And I don't think it's a good idea to ask Dad to sign as a guarantor. I don't feel right about it.

而且我觉得让爸爸当担保人也不太妥当,心里过意不去。

Marilyn: I understand your feelings about it, Richard.

我理解你的感受,理查德。

Ellen: [ She comes out to the patio with a tray of drinks and food. ] Now, tell me, what's the problem?

来,告诉我,到底出什么问题了?

Marilyn: We can get a loan from the bank if we can put up some collateral.

如果我们能提供抵押资产,银行就愿意贷款给我们。

Richard: And we don't own anything to use as collateral.

可我们没有任何能拿来抵押的东西。

Marilyn: Or someone can sign with us as a guarantor.

或者找个人给我们做担保。

Ellen: Why don't you speak to Dad?

那你们为什么不跟爸爸商量一下?

Richard: No. If we buy a house, I want to be able to handle it alone.

不。如果我们要买房,我希望靠自己解决。

Ellen: Everybody needs help sometimes, Richard.

理查德,每个人都会有需要别人帮忙的时候。

Marilyn: I understand Richard's feelings about it, Ellen.

我能理解理查德的想法,埃伦。

Richard: In two or three months, I'll have an advance on my book and be able to put more money down.

再过两三个月,我那本书的稿酬预付就会到账,到时候就能多付一点首付了。

Marilyn: What about the house in Mount Kisco? Somebody else'll buy it by then.

那芒特基斯科那栋房子怎么办?到时候可能早就被别人买走了。

Richard: Then there'll be other houses, Marilyn.

那还会有别的房子,玛丽琳。

Ellen: Richard has a point. You're just beginning to look.

理查德说得也有道理。你们才刚开始看房子。

Marilyn: We're in no great rush. It's true.

我们确实也不是特别着急。

Richard: This has been a great learning experience for us, Marilyn. Talking to the real-estate agent. Looking at the houses. Talking to the loan officer at the bank.

这对我们来说也是一次很好的学习经历,玛丽琳。跟房产经纪人聊、看房子、再和银行贷款专员谈这些事。

Marilyn: It has been a learning experience. That's true.

确实学到了不少东西。

Ellen: I think you're doing the right thing. Taking your time. Looking around. Especially with a purchase of this kind. You're talking about a lot of money.

我觉得你们现在这样做是对的。慢慢来,多看看。尤其是买房这种事,毕竟牵涉到一大笔钱。

Marilyn: We'll call Mrs. Martinelli and tell her to keep looking for us.

我们会给马蒂内利太太打电话,请她继续帮我们留意房子。

Richard: And I'll call Mr. Riley at the bank and tell him we'll see him in a couple of months.

我也会给银行的赖利先生打电话,告诉他我们过几个月再联系。

Ellen: And if you ever need Dad or me to help you ...

如果你们什么时候需要我和爸爸帮忙的话…

Marilyn: We know.

我们知道。

Ellen: You know we'll be there for you.

你们知道,我们一定会支持你们的。

Richard: It's a Stewart tradition. We're a family.

这是斯图尔特家的传统——互相支持,因为我们是一家人。
20个相关单词

与课文关联的单词

loan *

/ləʊn/n. 贷款;借款

likewise

/ˈlaɪkwaɪz/adv. 同样地

refinance

/ˌriːˈfaɪnæns/v. 重新融资

rent

/rent/v. 租用

occupation

/ˌɒkjuˈpeɪʃ(ə)n/n. 职业

freelance

/ˈfriːlɑːns/adj. 自由职业(者)的

designer

/dɪˈzaɪnə(r)/n. 设计师

boutique

/buːˈtiːk/n. 精品店

tax *

/tæks/n. 税款

details *

/ˈdiːteɪlz/n. 详情,资料

prepared *

/prɪˈpeəd/adj. 准备好的

property *

/ˈprɒpəti/n. 财产;地产

stock *

/stɒk/n. 股份,股票

bond *

/bɒnd/n. 债券

collateral

/kəˈlætərəl/n. 抵押担保

guarantor

/ˌɡærənˈtɔː(r)/n. 担保人

necessary *

/ˈnesəsəri/adj. 必要的

mention *

/ˈmenʃ(ə)n/v. 说起来;提到

advance *

/ədˈvɑːns/n. 预付款

tradition *

/trəˈdɪʃ(ə)n/n. 传统,惯例
笔记更新中
当您看到了此提示,说明本课笔记还在正在努力更新中...
基本情况 更新于:2026-05-12 06:22:43

What can I do for you? 有什么我能帮您的吗?

What can I do for you? 有什么我可以帮您的吗? / 您要办理什么业务?

  • Hello, welcome to the bank. What can I do for you today? 您好,欢迎光临银行。今天有什么我可以帮您的吗?
  • "What can I do for you?" "I'm looking for a new laptop." “您想看点什么?”“我想买台新电脑。”
  • Good morning, sir. What can I do for you this morning? 早上好,先生。今天上午有什么我能为您效劳的?
May I help you? 有什么可以帮您的吗?May I help you find a specific size? 需要我帮您找特定的码数吗?
How can I help you? 我该如何帮您?How can I help you with your application? 关于您的申请,我该如何帮您?

We'd like to discuss a mortgage. 我们想谈谈房屋抵押贷款。

mortgage 抵押贷款(特指房贷)

  • We finally paid off our mortgage after twenty years. 二十年后,我们终于还清了房贷。
  • The bank approved our mortgage application yesterday. 银行昨天批准了我们的房贷申请。
  • How much is your monthly mortgage payment? 你每个月要还多少房贷?
Refinance 再融资 / 重新贷款We decided to refinance our home to get a lower interest rate. 我们决定重新办理房贷以获取更低的利率。
Down payment 首付款They are saving up for a down payment on a house. 他们正在攒房子的首付款。

Are you buying a house or are you refinancing your present home? 你们是买新房,还是办理现有住房的重新贷款?

refinance 重新贷款 / 资产重组

  • Is it a good time to refinance my mortgage? 现在是办理重新贷款的好时机吗?
  • Many homeowners refinance when interest rates drop. 利率下降时,很多房主会选择重新贷款。
  • The company needs to refinance its short-term debt. 公司需要对其短期债务进行再融资。
Interest rate 利率The interest rate on the loan is quite high. 这笔贷款的利率相当高。
Loan 贷款I took out a small loan to start my business. 我借了一小笔贷款来创业。

As a matter of fact, my whole family banks here. 事实上,我们全家人都在这家银行开户办业务。

bank (verb) 在银行开户 / 存款 / 办业务

  • I bank with Standard Chartered. 我在渣打银行开户办业务。
  • Which bank do you bank at? 你在哪家银行办业务?
  • Our company has banked with this local bank for decades. 我们公司几十年都在这家本地银行办业务。
As a matter of fact 事实上As a matter of fact, I've already finished the report. 事实上,我已经写完报告了。
Actually 其实 / 实际上Actually, it's a bit more complicated than that. 其实,情况比那要复杂一点。

Neither. We live with my parents. 两个情况都不是。我们和父母住一起。

neither (两者中)哪个都不

  • "Do you want tea or coffee?" "Neither, thanks." “你想喝茶还是咖啡?”“都不想,谢谢。”
  • Neither of my parents speaks English. 我父母都不说英语。
  • I like neither the red one nor the blue one. 红的蓝的我都无感。
Both 两者都I like both of these dresses. 这两件裙子我都喜欢。
Either (两者中)任何一个You can take either road; they both lead to the city. 走哪条路都行,都能进城。

Last year's tax forms? 去年的纳税申报表(带来了吗)?

tax form 纳税申报单 / 税单

  • Please remember to sign your tax forms before mailing them. 邮寄税单前记得签名。
  • I need to download the latest tax forms from the IRS website. 我得从税务局官网下载最新的税单。
  • Filling out tax forms can be very confusing. 填税单有时候挺让人头大的。
File taxes 申报税款The deadline to file taxes is April 15th. 报税的截止日期是4月15号。
Refund 退款 / 退税I'm expecting a big tax refund this year. 我指望今年能有一大笔退税。
贷款条件 更新于:2026-05-12 06:24:11

What kind of house did you have in mind? 你心里想买什么样的房子?

have in mind 心中打算 / 考虑到

  • Do you have any particular destination in mind for the holiday? 你假期间有没有什么特别想去的地方?
  • That's not exactly what I had in mind when I asked for help. 这跟我找你帮忙时预想的情况不太一样。
  • I have a few names in mind for the new project leader. 关于新项目的负责人,我心里已经有几个人选了。
Think of 想到 / 考虑What are you thinking of for dinner? 晚饭你打算吃点什么?
Envision 想象 / 展望How do you envision your future career? 你对未来的职业生涯有什么构想?

Are you prepared to make a ten-percent down payment? 你们准备好支付10%的首付款了吗?

down payment (购房等大宗交易的)首付款

  • We need to save at least $50,000 for the down payment. 我们至少得攒够五万美金来付首付。
  • How much down payment do I have to make for this car? 买这辆车我得交多少首付?
  • They put a 20% down payment on their first apartment. 他们买第一套公寓时交了20%的首付。
Be prepared to 准备好做某事Are you prepared to start the interview now? 你准备好现在开始面试了吗?
Upfront cost 前期费用The upfront cost of solar panels is quite high. 太阳能电池板的前期投入费用相当高。

Do you think we can get a loan? 你觉得我们能批下贷款吗?

get a loan 贷款 / 借款

  • It’s becoming harder to get a loan from the bank these days. 最近从银行贷款变得越来越难了。
  • She got a student loan to pay for her college tuition. 她申请了助学贷款来付大学学费。
  • We might need to get a loan to renovate the kitchen. 我们可能需要贷款来装修厨房。
Apply for 申请You should apply for a credit card online. 你应该在网上申请一张信用卡。
Take out a loan 办理贷款They took out a loan to start their own business. 他们为了创业办了一笔贷款。

Then you don't have any collateral. 那么你们就没有任何抵押物了。

collateral 抵押物 / 担保品

  • The house was used as collateral for the business loan. 那栋房子被用作商业贷款的抵押物。
  • You can't get this type of loan without providing collateral. 如果不提供抵押物,你办不下这种贷款。
  • The bank will seize the collateral if you default on the payments. 如果你违约不还款,银行会没收抵押物。
Security 担保 / 抵押金They offered their stocks as security for the debt. 他们提供股票作为债务担保。
Default on 拖欠(欠款)/ 违约He defaulted on his mortgage payments last month. 他上个月断供了(拖欠了房贷)。

Perhaps you could get a guarantor--someone to sign for the loan for you. 或许你们可以找个担保人——一个能替你们在贷款合同上签字的人。

guarantor 担保人 / 保证人

  • My father agreed to act as a guarantor for my apartment lease. 我父亲同意做我公寓租约的担保人。
  • The bank requires a guarantor since you are a freelancer. 因为你是自由职业者,银行要求提供一名担保人。
  • Being a guarantor is a huge responsibility. 做担保人是一项巨大的责任。
Sign for 替...签字 / 签收Could you sign for this package for me? 你能帮我签收一下这个快递吗?
Co-signer 共同签署人I need a co-signer with a good credit score. 我需要一个信用分高的共同签署人。

The bank needs to be sure you can pay the mortgage every month. 银行得确保你们每个月都能还得起房贷。

be sure 确保 / 确定

  • Please be sure to lock the door before you leave. 出门前请务必记得锁门。
  • I want to be sure that we are on the right track. 我想确定咱们现在的方向是对的。
  • Are you absolutely sure about your decision? 你对你的决定百分之百确定吗?
Make sure 确保 / 弄清楚Make sure you turn off the lights. 记得把灯关了。
Ensure (更正式)确保 / 保证We must ensure the safety of the passengers. 我们必须确保乘客的安全。

We'll read this over carefully. 我们会仔细把这些(资料)看一遍的。

read over 从头到尾仔细阅读 / 审阅

  • You should read over the contract before you sign it. 签字之前你应该仔细把合同看一遍。
  • I'll read over your essay and give you some feedback. 我会把你的作文读一遍,然后给你点反馈意见。
  • I need to read over my notes before the exam. 考试前我得把笔记仔细过一遍。
Go through 仔细检查 / 浏览Let's go through the details one more time. 咱们再把细节过一遍。
Look over 检查 / 查看Would you look over these figures for me? 你能帮我核对一下这些数字吗?
与家人讨论 更新于:2026-05-12 06:25:14

We can get a loan if we can put up some collateral. 如果我们能提供一些抵押物,就能拿到贷款。

put up collateral 提供抵押物 / 拿出担保品

  • You usually have to put up your house as collateral for a big loan. 办理大额贷款时,你通常得把房子拿出来做抵押。
  • They put up their savings as collateral to start the new business. 他们拿出积蓄作为担保来开创新事业。
  • The bank won't lend you money if you have nothing to put up. 如果你拿不出任何东西抵押,银行是不会借钱给你的。
Provide security 提供担保The borrower must provide security for the loan. 借款人必须为贷款提供担保。
Pledge (正式)抵押 / 保证He pledged his art collection against the debt. 他把收藏的艺术品抵押了出去以偿还债务。

I want to be able to handle it alone. 我想有能力独自应付这件事。

handle it alone 独自处理 / 独立应付

  • It’s a big project, but I think I can handle it alone. 虽然是个大项目,但我觉得我能一个人搞定。
  • You don't have to handle all these problems alone. 你没必要独自承担所有这些问题。
  • She prefers to handle her finances alone without any help. 她喜欢独自打理自己的财务,不需要任何帮助。
On one's own 靠自己 / 独自Can you finish the homework on your own? 你能自己完成作业吗?
Manage by oneself 自力更生 / 独自设法完成I'll manage by myself, thank you for the offer. 我会自己想办法的,谢谢你的好意。

I'll have an advance on my book. 我会拿到一笔书稿的预付款。

advance 预付款 / 预支款

  • The publisher offered her a $10,000 advance on her next novel. 出版社为她的下一部小说提供了一万美元的预付款。
  • Can I get an advance on my salary this month? 我这月能预支点工资吗?
  • He used his advance to buy new photography equipment. 他用预付款买了新的摄影器材。
Upfront payment 前期付款 / 定金They require an upfront payment before starting the work. 他们在开工前要求先付一笔钱。
Deposit 订金 / 押金We had to pay a deposit of one month's rent. 我们必须支付一个月租金作为订金。

I'll be able to put more money down. 我就能多付点首付款了。

put [money] down 支付(首付或定金)

  • How much do we need to put down to secure the house? 为了定下这房子,我们得交多少首付?
  • I put $500 down on the new car yesterday. 我昨天给新车交了500美元定金。
  • The more you put down, the lower your monthly payments will be. 首付交得越多,每月的还款额就越低。
Make a down payment 支付首付款We made a 10% down payment on our apartment. 我们交了公寓房款10%的首付。
Pay upfront 预先支付If you pay upfront, you might get a discount. 如果你预先付款,可能会有折扣。

We're in no great rush. 我们并不急于一时。

be in no rush 不急 / 慢慢来

  • Take your time; I'm in no rush to leave. 慢慢来,我不急着走。
  • There's no great rush to finish the report; it's not due until Friday. 不急着写完报告,周五才交呢。
  • We're in no rush to get married; we're happy as we are. 我们不急着结婚,现在这样挺好的。
Take one's time 慢慢来 / 不用急Please take your time and look through the options. 请慢慢看,仔细考虑这些选项。
What's the hurry? 急什么?What's the hurry? Stay and have another cup of tea. 急什么?留下来再喝杯茶吧。

You know we'll be there for you. 你知道我们会支持你(在你身边)的。

be there for someone 支持某人 / 随叫随到 / 陪伴在某人身边

  • Best friends are always there for each other. 最好的朋友总是互相扶持的。
  • Thanks for being there for me during the breakup. 谢谢你在我失恋那阵子一直陪着我。
  • No matter what happens, your family will always be there for you. 无论发生什么,家人永远是你坚强的后盾。
Stand by someone 支持某人 / 站在某人一边I will stand by you no matter what they say. 不管他们说什么,我都会支持你。
Have someone's back 做某人的后盾 / 撑腰Don't worry, I have your back. 别担心,有我给你撑腰呢。