Episode 10 Smell the Flowers ACT III

偷得浮生半日闲 第三幕

Watch the video then answer the question:

[ At the South Street Seaport a little later. Susan, Harry, and Michelle are sightseeing. ]

Susan: [ She looks at her watch. ] Oh, it's a quarter to four, and I have a production meeting at four.

噢,差一刻四点了,我四点钟还有个生产会议。

Harry: I planned to take you for a ride in Central Park in a horse and carriage.

我本想带你坐坐中央公园的观光马车呢。

Susan: Harry, I'd love to, but I have work to do.

哈里,我很想去,可我还有工作要处理。

Harry: OK. We'll walk back to your office with you. It's so nice out. I decided to forget about my accounting problems and just enjoy this beautiful spring day. Take the time, Susan.

好吧。我们陪你走回办公室。今天天气这么好。我决定先把那些会计审计上的那些难题放一边,好好享受这个美丽的春日。忙里偷闲吧,苏珊。

Susan: I know I should, but ... well, there are too many things to do.

我知道我该这样,可是… 唉,要做的事情实在太多了。

Harry: I understand. I'll go for a ride with Michelle.

我明白。那我就和米歇尔一起去坐马车吧。

Susan: Right. Well, I had a really nice time.

好吧。嗯,我今天真的玩得很开心。

Harry: So did I.

我也是。

Michelle: So did I. I'm sorry you can't come with us, Susan.

我也是。苏珊,真可惜你不能和我们一起去。

Susan: So am I.

我也觉得很可惜。

Harry: Bye-bye.

再见。

[ He and Michelle start to leave. ]

Susan: Harry! Michelle! Can you wait till I make a phone call?

哈里!米歇尔!你们能等我打个电话吗?

Harry: Sure.

当然。

[ Susan calls her office from a pay phone. ]

Sam: Susan Stewart's office.

这里是苏珊·斯图尔特办公室。

Susan: Sam, this is Susan.

萨姆,我是苏珊。

Sam: Hi. How was lunch?

嗨,午饭吃得怎么样?

Susan: Fine.

(午饭)吃得挺好的。

Sam: You're late. The production department's waiting in the conference room.

你迟到了。生产部门的人正在会议室等你呢。

Susan: I know. Ask Paul Smith to fill in for me. He knows everything about the production schedule, and he can answer any questions.

我知道。让保罗·史密斯替我顶一下。他对生产进度非常了解,任何问题他都能回答。

Sam: Right.

好的。

Susan: Don't tell anyone, but I'm taking a little time to smell the flowers.

别告诉别人,我正抽空放松一下呢。

Sam: Good for you. It'll be our secret.

太棒了,支持你。这事儿天知地知,你知我知。

Susan: But schedule another production meeting for tomorrow. I'll be back for my six o'clock appointment with Mr. Ozawa.

不过明天再安排一次生产会议吧。我会赶回来参加六点和小泽先生的会面。

Sam: OK, Susan. And have a nice afternoon.

好的,苏珊。祝你下午过得愉快。

Susan: Thanks. [ She hangs up the phone and joins Harry and Michelle. They get into a taxicab. ]

谢谢。

[ Later, in Central Park. Harry, Susan, and Michelle are riding in a carriage. ]

Harry: She likes you.

她喜欢你。

Susan: I know. I like her.

我知道。我也喜欢她。

Harry: How'd you do it?

你是怎么做到的?

Susan: We had a talk.

我们聊了聊。

Harry: About what?

聊什么了?

Susan: Life.

聊了聊生活。

Harry: And what did you decide?

那你们聊出什么结果了?

Susan: That's a secret ... between us women.

这是个秘密… 属于我们女人之间的秘密。

[ The carriage continues to ride through Central Park. ]

单词列表

0