Episode 5 The Right Magic ACT I

钓鱼秘诀 第一幕

Watch the video then answer the question: What does Philip decide to do?

[ In the Stewarts' house early Saturday morning. Grandpa is making breakfast as Robbie enters. ]

Robbie: Hi, Grandpa.

嗨,爷爷。

Grandpa: Hi, Robbie.

嗨,Robbie。

Robbie: Can I help?

要我帮忙吗?

Grandpa: Yes, indeed. Hand me two eggs from the refrigerator, and I'll make you two fried eggs.

对,正需要。替我从冰箱里拿两个鸡蛋来。我给你煎两个蛋。

Robbie: How about some bacon?

来点熏猪肉怎么样?

Grandpa: I made enough for an army. You going to the baseball game today?  It's a perfect day for it --a little cloudy but nice and warm.

我煎了一大堆。你今天要去看棒球赛?今天是看球赛的好天,有点云,但舒适暖和。

Robbie: Dad and I were planning to go to the game, but he has to work today, and my friends don't want to go.  It's not an important game, anyway.

爸爸本来要和我一起去看比赛的,但他今天工作忙,我的朋友们又不想去。话说回来,这场比赛不重要。

Grandpa: Do you have any other plans for the day?

那么你今天有别的计划吗?

Robbie: I'll work on my computer. I have a new math program, and I want to learn how to use it.

我要练电脑。我有一个新的数学软件,我想学习怎样用。

Grandpa: Maybe you can teach me how to work on a computer someday.

改天你教教我如何使用电脑吧。

Robbie: Anytime. It's really easy, but, like anything, you need to work at it, Grandpa.

没问题。实在很容易,但是,和其它东西一样,你得常常练它,爷爷。

[ They begin to eat breakfast. ]

Robbie: [eating ] This bacon is great. I love crispy bacon.

肉做得太好了。我喜欢脆的肉。

Grandpa: Oh, what are you doing tomorrow?

噢,明天你打算干吗?

Robbie: Nothing much.

没什么要紧的事。

Grandpa: Well, maybe your dad and I could take you fishing with us.

嗯,也许你爸爸和我可以带你去钓鱼。

Robbie: I'd like that, but ...

我很想去,但是…

Grandpa: But what?

但是什么?

Robbie: But Dad is always so busy.

但是爸爸总是那么忙。

Grandpa: Well, can you come fishing with me tomorrow?

那么,你明天能和我去钓鱼吗?

Robbie: Sure, I can.

当然,我可以。

[ Later that morning. Philip is eating breakfast quickly. He is speaking with Grandpa. ]

Grandpa: Robbie says you can't take him to the game today.

Robbie说你今天不能带他去看比赛。

Philip: I really feel bad about it, but they need me at the hospital today, in the children's ward.

我真过意不去。但今天医院有事,在小儿科病房那边。

Grandpa: I understand.

我可以理解。

Philip: Maybe we can spend some time together next weekend.

也许下个周末我们可以一起玩。

Grandpa: Definitely. We should. You and Robbie and me. Remember our first fishing trip?

没问题。我们应该如此。你,Robbie和我。还记得我们第一次一起钓鱼吗?

Philip: I sure do.... Well, I've got to run, Dad. See you later. [ He leaves. ]

我当然记得… 嗯,我得赶紧走了,爸爸。再见。

[ On the patio later that day. Grandpa is looking at some fishing gear, things he will need for catching fish. Philip enters. ]

Philip: Going fishing?

要去钓鱼?

Grandpa: I'm thinking about it.... So, how's work?

我正在考虑中…工作还顺利吗?

Philip: Oh, the usual problems.

还不是那些老问题。

Grandpa: You're working pretty hard these days.

你这阵子工作得很辛苦呀。

Philip: I guess I am.

我想是吧。

Grandpa: When did you last go fishing with Robbie?

你上一次和Robbie一起去钓鱼是什么时候啦?

Philip: I remember exactly.  It was on his birthday, June second, two years ago. [ He laughs. ] We didn't catch anything.

我记得很清楚。是在他生日那天。两年前的六月二日。我们什么也没有钓着。

Grandpa: Remember our fishing trips?

还记得我们以前外出钓鱼的事么?

Philip: Yes. I loved them.

记得。我好喜欢哟。

Grandpa: Remember catching your first fish?

还记得你第一次钓到鱼?

Philip: How can I forget? I fell out of the boat! We had some good times together.

怎么忘得了?我摔到船外去了! 我们度过许多美好时光。

Grandpa: Yes, we did. Maybe we should do it again.

确实如此。也许我们该再来一次。

Philip: How about tomorrow?

明天怎么样?

Grandpa: Don't you have to work?

你明天不用上班吗?

Philip: My paper work will wait.

文书工作可以缓缓的。

Grandpa: Oh, Robbie will be thrilled. I am, too, Son.

啊,Robbie会高兴得不得了。我也很高兴,儿子。

Philip: I want to spend more time with Robbie.

我想多花点时间和Robbie在一起。

Philip: Tomorrow. It'll be like old times for you and me. And Robbie will love it.

明天。你我过去的美好时光会重现。Robbie会喜欢的。

Philip: Well, what's the weather going to be like?

那么,明天的天气怎样?

Grandpa: Radio says sunny and mild.

广播说是晴天, 温和适中。

Philip: Well, I'll tell Robbie. And thanks, Dad.

好,我告诉Robbie。谢谢你,爸爸。

Grandpa: Don't thank me. I'm just being a grandfather.

别谢我。我只是在尽一个爷爷的本份而已。

单词列表

8
hand */ hænd /v. 递给...
fried/ fraɪd /v. 油炸的;煎过的
bacon/ ˈbeɪkən /n. 培根
program */ ˈprəʊɡræm /n. 电脑程序
ward/ wɔːd /n. 病房
patio/ ˈpætiəʊ /n. 露台
pretty */ ˈprɪti /adv. 相当;很
sunny/ ˈsʌni /adj. 阳光明媚的