Episode 4 A Piece of Cake ACT I小菜一牒 第一幕

[ Outside the Stewarts' house early Friday evening. Marilyn Stewart rides to the house on a bicycle. Inside, her husband Richard is looking at photos in his album. Marilyn enters and sits on the floor. ]

Marilyn: I am exhausted. My new exercise class is so hard.

我累瘫了,我新上的健身课太难了。

Richard: Your new exercise class?

你新上的健身课?

Marilyn: Yeah. My new advanced exercise class.

是啊,我新报的高级班。

Richard: Why advanced?

怎么报高级的?

Marilyn: My instructor thought that the beginner's class was too easy for me.

教练觉得初级班对我来说太简单了。

Richard: [ He laughs because she looks so tired. ] Too easy for you? [ He helps her stand up. ]

对你来说太简单?

Marilyn: Don't laugh. In the beginner's class, they give you a chance to rest between exercises.

别笑。初级班做动作之间还能休息一下。

Richard: So?

那又怎样?

Marilyn: The advanced class is nonstop.

高级班是全程不停的。

Richard: [He teases her. ]  I lift weights every morning for sixty minutes without stopping. [ He shows her his arm muscle. ] No problem.

我每天早上举重一小时都不停,没问题。

Marilyn: Listen, Richard, doing aerobics for an hour is a lot different than lifting weights.

听着,理查德,做一小时有氧和举重差别很大。

Richard: Yeah. Quite a bit different.  I think aerobics is easy.  I could work out in your class with no problem.

是啊,是挺不一样。不过我觉得有氧很简单,我去你们班上也完全没问题。

Marilyn: You think so?

你真这么觉得?

Richard: Oh, without a doubt. When's the next class?

那当然了。下节课什么时候?

Marilyn: Tomorrow morning at ten o'clock. Try it.

明天早上十点。你来试试。

Richard: Tomorrow morning after lifting weights, I'll try aerobics. [ He snaps his fingers. ]  It's a snap. Tomorrow morning at ten o'clock.

明早举完重我就去试试有氧,轻轻松松。明天十点见。

[ In Richard and Marilyn's room the next morning. Richard is lifting weights. Marilyn is sewing. ]

Marilyn: Aren't you going to the aerobics class this morning?

你今天早上不去上有氧课吗?

Richard: [ He finishes exercising and puts the weights on the floor. ] Of Course. Easy. [ He snaps his fingers. ] No sweat. 

当然去,小意思,完全没压力。

Marilyn: You are not going to be able to move after this and the aerobics class.

你做完这个再去上有氧,估计都动不了了。

Richard: Are you kidding me? It's going to be a piece of cake.

开什么玩笑?这对我来说太简单了。

[ Marilyn shakes her head no. ]

Richard: You want to bet?

要不要打个赌?

Marilyn: Yeah. What's the bet?

好啊,赌什么?

Richard: I bet I can go one hour in your class this morning and not feel a thing!

我赌我今天在你们班上练一小时一点事儿都没有!

Marilyn: The bet is -- I win, and you cook dinner for the entire family.  Or you win, and I cook dinner for the entire family.

这样吧——我赢了你给全家做晚饭,你赢了我来做。

Richard: [ He shakes her hand. ] It's a bet.

就这么说定了。

Marilyn: Ok. Call my instructor, Jack Davis, right now. His number is 555-8842. The advanced class starts at ten o'clock.

好,现在就给我教练杰克 • 戴维斯打电话,号码是555-8842,高级班十点开始。

Richard: Well, it's eight twenty now.

现在都八点二十了。

Marilyn: It only takes eight minutes by bicycle to the aerobics class. Give him a call.

骑车过去只要八分钟,赶紧打电话吧。

[ Richard calls jack Davis. ]

Jack Davis: Davis Aerobics Center for Good Health.

这里是戴维斯有氧健身中心。

Richard: Jack Davis, please.

请找杰克 • 戴维斯。

Jack Davis: This is Jack Davis.

我就是。

Richard: Hello. This is Richard Stewart. My wife, Marilyn Stewart, is a member of your program. I'd like to come to the ten o'clock advanced class this morning.

你好,我是理查德 • 斯图尔特,我太太玛丽琳 • 斯图尔特在你那上课。我想参加今天十点的高级班。

Jack Davis: Oh, fine, fine. Be here a few minutes early. You need to complete some forms before the class.

好的,提前几分钟到,需要先填几份表格。

Richard: Thanks. I'm on my way over.

谢谢,我马上过去。

Jack Davis: Good-bye.

再见。

Richard: Bye-bye. [ He hangs up. ] It's all set. I'm going. [ He puts his camera bag over his shoulder. ]

好,搞定了,我这就出发。

Marilyn: Bye.

再见。

Richard: See you later.

待会儿见。

[ They kiss. ]

Marilyn: Good luck.

走好不送哦。

Richard: Don't forget about the bet. Dinner for the entire family. And that includes Susan.

别忘了打赌,全家晚饭都归你做,包括苏珊。

Marilyn: Don't you forget.

你也别忘了。

[ Richard snaps his fingers and leaves. Marilyn snaps her fingers and smiles. ]

14个相关单词

与课文关联的单词

exhausted

/ɪɡˈzɔːstɪd/adj. 精疲力尽的

exercise *

/ˈeksəsaɪz/adj. 运动

advanced

/ədˈvɑːnst/adj. 高级的

instructor

/ɪnˈstrʌktə(r)/n. 教练

nonstop

/ˌnɒnˈstɒp/adj. 不休息的

aerobics

/eəˈrəʊbɪks/n. 有氧运动

doubt *

/daʊt/n. 怀疑

snap

/snæp/v. 打响指

sweat

/swet/n. 汗水

entire *

/ɪnˈtaɪə(r)/adj. 整个的;全部的

health *

/helθ/n. 健康

form *

/fɔːm/n. 表单

include *

/ɪnˈkluːd/v. 包括;把…算入

tease

/tiːz/v. 取笑;跟...逗趣
笔记更新中
当您看到了此提示,说明本课笔记还在正在努力更新中...
吹牛打赌 更新于:2026-04-30 07:06:00

I am exhausted. 我快累瘫了。

exhausted 筋疲力尽 / 累坏了

  • I was absolutely exhausted after the long flight. 长途飞行之后,我彻底累瘫了。
  • By the end of the day, the hikers were exhausted. 到天黑时,徒步旅行者们都精疲力竭了。
  • Thinking about all that work makes me feel exhausted. 一想到那些工作我就觉得累得慌。
Worn out 累坏了 / 筋疲力尽I'm worn out from all the Christmas shopping. 买圣诞礼物把我累够呛。
Dead tired 累得要命I've been working since 5 a.m., so I'm dead tired. 我从早上五点就开始干活,现在累得要命。

My instructor thought that the beginner's class was too easy for me. 我教练觉得初级班对我来说太简单了。

too ... for someone 对某人来说太...

  • This suitcase is too heavy for me to carry. 这个行李箱对我来说太重了,提不动。
  • The music is too loud for the baby. 这音乐对宝宝来说太吵了。
  • Is the coffee too hot for you? 这咖啡对你来说太烫了吗?
A piece of cake 小菜一碟The exam was a piece of cake for her. 那考试对她来说就是小意思。
Beyond someone 超出某人的能力/理解This advanced math is beyond me. 这高等数学我实在搞不懂。

Don't laugh. 不许笑。

Don't laugh 别笑 / 不许笑

  • Don't laugh, I'm being serious right now! 别笑,我这儿说正经的呢!
  • It was a silly mistake, but don't laugh at him. 那是次愚蠢的错误,但别笑话他。
  • I tried to stay calm and not laugh. 我努力保持镇定,不笑出来。
Make fun of 嘲笑 / 取笑It's not nice to make fun of people's accents. 取笑别人的口音可不太好。
Crack up (由于好笑而)大笑 / 崩溃He tells such funny jokes that I always crack up. 他讲笑话太逗了,我总是忍不住大笑。

They give you a chance to rest between exercises. 他们在每项练习之间会让你歇会儿。

give someone a chance to ... 给某人一个做某事的机会

  • Please give me a chance to explain everything. 请给我个机会解释一下整件事。
  • The boss gave her a chance to lead the team. 老板给了她一个带队的机会。
  • I'm glad life gave us a second chance. 我很庆幸生活给了我们第二次机会。
Catch one's breath 喘口气 / 休息一下Wait, I need to catch my breath for a minute. 等等,我得先喘口气。
Take a break 休息一下Let's take a break and grab some coffee. 咱们歇会儿,去喝杯咖啡。

I lift weights every morning for sixty minutes without stopping. 我每天早上都要连续举重一个小时。

lift weights 举重 / 练力量

  • He spends two hours a day lifting weights at the gym. 他每天在健身房花两个小时练举重。
  • I want to start lifting weights to build some muscle. 我想开始练力量来增点肌。
  • Is lifting weights better than cardio? 练力量比有氧运动更好吗?
Nonstop 不停地 / 中途不休息We flew nonstop from Shanghai to London. 我们从上海直飞伦敦,中途没停。
In a row 接连地 / 连续地I've been working for ten hours in a row. 我已经连续干了十个小时了。

Doing aerobics for an hour is a lot different than lifting weights. 跳一个小时有氧操和举重可完全不是一回事。

a lot different than/from 与...大不相同

  • Living in the city is a lot different than living in the country. 城里生活和乡下大不一样。
  • The actual movie was a lot different from the trailer. 电影正片和预告片差远了。
  • My new job is a lot different than I expected. 我的新工作和我预想的完全不同。
Worlds apart 天差地别Their political views are worlds apart. 他们的政见简直天差地别。
Night and day 截然不同The difference between the two brothers is like night and day. 这两兄弟简直是判若两人。

I could work out in your class with no problem. 去你们班锻炼对我来说一点问题都没有。

work out 健身 / 锻炼

  • How often do you work out? 你多久健身一次?
  • I usually work out at the gym after work. 我通常下班后去健身房锻炼。
  • You look great—have you been working out? 你气色真好,最近一直健身呢吧?
With ease 轻而易举地She passed the driving test with ease. 她轻而易举地通过了驾照考试。
Piece of cake 小意思Fixing this computer will be a piece of cake. 修这台电脑对我来说就是小意思。

Oh, without a doubt. 噢,那还用说。

without a doubt 毫无疑问 / 的确如此

  • That was, without a doubt, the best meal I've ever had. 那绝对是我吃过最棒的一餐。
  • He is, without a doubt, the most talented player on the team. 他毫无疑问是队里最有天赋的球员。
  • The city is beautiful, without a doubt. 这座城市确实很漂亮,这没得说。
For sure 肯定 / 确定I'll be there, for sure. 我肯定会去的。
No question 没问题 / 毫无疑问There's no question about his loyalty. 他的忠诚是不容置疑的。

It's a snap. 小菜一碟。

a snap 容易的事 / 简单的事

  • Learning to ride a bike is a snap once you get the hang of it. 一旦掌握了窍门,骑车就是小菜一碟。
  • I thought the test would be hard, but it was a snap. 我原以为考试很难,结果简单得要命。
  • Cooking this recipe is a snap. 做这道菜容易得很。
Easy as pie 极容易Using this new software is easy as pie. 用这款新软件简直太容易了。
No brainer 无需动脑筋的事The decision was a no-brainer. 这个决定根本不用考虑。
拖延犹豫 更新于:2026-04-30 07:06:48

Aren't you going to the aerobics class this morning? 你今天早上不打算去上有氧操课了吗?

aerobics 有氧操 / 健身操

  • I do aerobics twice a week to stay fit. 我每周做两次有氧操来保持身材。
  • The aerobics instructor is very energetic. 那个有氧操教练非常有活力。
  • Step aerobics is a great way to burn calories. 台阶有氧操是燃烧热量的绝佳方式。
Cardio 有氧运动(更宽泛)I prefer cardio to weightlifting. 比起举重,我更喜欢有氧运动。
Work out 锻炼/健身Let's go work out at the gym. 咱们去健身房锻炼吧。

No sweat. 小意思,没问题。

no sweat 不费吹灰之力 / 没问题

  • "Can you fix this for me?" "No sweat!" “能帮我修下这个吗?”“没问题!”
  • I finished the homework in ten minutes—no sweat. 我十分钟就写完了作业,轻而易举。
  • Moving the sofa was no sweat for him. 搬这沙发对他来说一点都不费劲。
No problem 没问题No problem, I can help you with that. 没问题,这事儿我能帮你。
Piece of cake 小菜一碟The exam was a piece of cake. 那考试简直太简单了。

You are not going to be able to move after this. 练完这个再去跳操,你非瘫了不可。

be able to 能够 / 有能力做某事

  • Will you be able to come to the party? 你到时能来参加派对吗?
  • He hasn't been able to sleep lately. 他最近一直睡不好。
  • I want to be able to speak fluent English. 我想能够说一口流利的英语。
Can 能(通常用于现在/过去)I can swim very well. 我游泳游得很好。
Manage to 设法完成/做到I managed to catch the last bus. 我设法赶上了末班车。

Are you kidding me? 你逗我呢?/ 你开玩笑吧?

kid someone 戏弄某人 / 开某人玩笑

  • I'm not kidding, it really happened! 我没开玩笑,这真的发生了!
  • You're kidding me! He actually said that? 你逗我呢吧!他真那么说了?
  • Stop kidding around and get to work. 别闹了,赶紧干活。
Pull someone's leg 开某人玩笑 / 逗某人Relax, I'm just pulling your leg. 别紧张,我逗你玩儿呢。
Joke 开玩笑You must be joking! 你一定是在开玩笑!

It's going to be a piece of cake. 那绝对是小菜一碟。

piece of cake 极容易的事 / 小菜一碟

  • For him, repairing computers is a piece of cake. 对他来说,修电脑简直是小菜一碟。
  • The interview was a piece of cake, I'm sure I got the job. 面试太简单了,我肯定能拿到那份工作。
  • Getting there is a piece of cake by subway. 坐地铁去那儿容易得很。
A breeze 轻而易举的事The test was a breeze. 那考试简单得跟什么似的。
Easy as pie 非常简单Using this app is easy as pie. 用这软件容易得很。

Want to bet? 想打赌吗?/ 敢不敢赌一把?

bet 打赌 / 敢定

  • I bet he'll be late again. 我敢打赌他准又得迟到。
  • "Is it going to rain?" "You bet!" “会下雨吗?”“肯定啊!”
  • How much do you want to bet? 你想赌多少?
I'll wager 我打赌(较正式)I'll wager that they won't show up. 我敢打赌他们不会露面。
Wanna 想要(want to 的连读)Wanna grab a coffee? 想去喝杯咖啡吗?

I bet I can go one hour in your class this morning. 我敢打赌我能在你们班坚持一个小时。

go [time] 坚持 / 持续(一段时间)

  • I don't think I can go another mile. 我觉得我一步也走不动了。
  • He can go for hours without taking a break. 他能连续干几个小时不休息。
  • How long can this battery go? 这电池能撑多久?
Last 持续 / 维持The meeting lasted for three hours. 会议持续了三个小时。
Endure 忍受 / 坚持(侧重痛苦)He endured the pain during the race. 他在比赛中强忍着痛苦。

It only takes eight minutes by bicycle. 骑车过去只要八分钟。

It takes [time] 花费(多少时间)

  • It takes about 20 minutes to get to the airport. 去机场大约需要20分钟。
  • How long does it take to cook this? 做这个菜要花多久?
  • It took me all day to clean the house. 我花了一整天打扫屋子。
Spend 花费(主语为人)I spent two hours on this project. 我花了两小时做这个项目。
By [transport] 乘坐...交通工具Go by bus. 坐公交去。
电话预约 更新于:2026-04-30 07:07:41

I'd like to come to the ten o'clock advanced class this morning. 我今天上午想去参加10点那个高级班。

would like to 想要 / 愿意(比 want 更委婉)

  • I would like to book a table for two. 我想订一张两个人的桌子。
  • We would like to thank you for your help. 我们想对您的帮助表示感谢。
  • She would like to know more about the program. 她想多了解一下这个项目。
Want to 想要(更直接)I want to grab a quick bite. 我想随便吃点儿。
Feel like [doing] 想要/想做(更随性)I feel like going for a swim. 我这会儿想去游泳。

You need to complete some forms before the class. 课前你需要填几份表。

complete 填写(表格)/ 完成

  • Please complete the application form in ink. 请用钢笔填写申请表。
  • The project will be completed by next Friday. 项目将在下周五前完成。
  • He needs one more credit to complete his degree. 他还需要一个学分才能拿到学位。
Fill out / Fill in 填写(表格)Could you fill out this registration card? 能请您填一下这张登记卡吗?
Finish 完成 / 结束I'll finish the report after lunch. 午饭后我会把报告写完。

I'm on my way over. 我这就赶过去。

on one's way 在路上 / 正往……去

  • I'm on my way home from work. 我正下班回家呢。
  • He is on his way to becoming a doctor. 他正在成为医生的道路上努力。
  • I'll pick up some milk on my way. 我顺路买点牛奶。
Head over / Head to 动身前往I'm heading over to your place now. 我现在正往你那儿走。
En route 在途中(较正式)The supplies are en route to the disaster area. 救援物资正在前往灾区的途中。

It's all set. 全都搞定了。

all set 准备就绪 / 万事俱备

  • We're all set for the big presentation tomorrow. 明天的重要演示我们都准备好了。
  • Are you all set to leave? 你准备好出发了吗?
  • The contract is signed, so it's all set. 合同签了,这事儿就算定下了。
Ready to go 准备好了Give me a minute, and I'll be ready to go. 等我一分钟,我马上就能走。
Good to go 没问题了/准备好了Your car is good to go. 你的车修好可以开了。

Don't forget about the bet. 可别忘了那个赌局。

forget about 忘掉…… / 不再考虑……

  • Just forget about the mess; I'll clean it later. 别管那堆乱七八糟的了,我待会儿收拾。
  • I completely forgot about our meeting! 我把开会的事儿忘得干干净净!
  • You can forget about going out if you don't finish your homework. 你要是不写完作业,就别想出去了。
Leave ... behind 把……抛在脑后We need to leave our past mistakes behind. 我们要把过去的错误抛在脑后。
Slip one's mind (某事)被某人忘记了I'm sorry, your birthday totally slipped my mind. 抱歉,我完全把你的生日给忘了。

Dinner for the entire family, and that includes Susan. 全家人的晚饭,而且还得包括苏珊。

entire 整个的 / 全部的

  • The entire building was destroyed in the fire. 整栋大楼都在火灾中被毁了。
  • I've spent my entire life in this small town. 我这辈子都住在这个小镇上。
  • The entire staff attended the meeting. 全体员工都参加了会议。
Whole 全部的 / 整个的I ate the whole pizza by myself. 我一个人吃掉了整个披萨。
Total 总的 / 全面的The total cost was fifty dollars. 总费用是五十美元。