Episode 3 Grandpa's Trunk ACT III祖父的行李箱 第三幕

[ On the Amtrak train later that day. The train is arriving in New York City. ]

Announcer: Ladies and gentlemen, Amtrak is happy to announce our arrival in New York City. The train will be stopping in five minutes. Please check to be sure you have your belongings. And have a good stay in the Big Apple. Thank you.

女士们、先生们,美国火车公司很高兴的通知大家,列车即将到达纽约市了。列车将在五分种后靠站停车。请检查并带好自己的行李。祝您在纽约过得愉快,谢谢各位。

Elsa Tobin: Well, here we are.  It was so nice meeting you, Mr. Stewart.

我们终于到了。很高兴遇见你,斯图尔特先生。

Malcolm Stewart: And nice meeting you, too, Mrs. Tobin. Please look us up. We're in the phone book. Dr. Philip Stewart, in Riverdale.

我也很高兴遇见你,托宾夫人。请记得联系我们。你可以在电话簿上找到我们的地址和电话号码,里弗代尔镇,菲利普 • 斯图尔特医生 。

Elsa Tobin: Your son?

是你儿子吗?

Malcolm Stewart: That's right. And have a good time in New York.

不错,祝你在纽约玩得愉快。

Elsa Tobin: And don't be so independent. You're very lucky to have a caring family.

还有,别太独立了。你有一个温馨的家庭是多么的幸运啊。

Robbie: When can we go fishing?

咱们什么时候能去钓鱼?

Grandpa: Robbie, we'll go fishing soon, and we'll take your dad with us.

罗比,咱们不久就去钓鱼,还要带你爸爸也一起去。

Philip: I'm ready, Grandpa. You name the day.

爷爷,我随时都可以去。你说哪一天吧。

Ellen: That's a great idea, Grandpa! Philip needs a day off.

这主意真好,爷爷,菲利普需要休息一天。

Robbie: [ to Richard] Let's give him our presents --now.

咱们把礼物送给他吧 —— 现在就给。

Richard: Good idea.

好。

Grandpa: Presents --for me?

礼物,—— 给我的?

Richard: [ He gives his present to Grandpa. ] From me and Marilyn.

这是我和玛丽琳给你的。

Robbie: And this one's from me. I looked all over the house to find it.

这是我给你的,我在家上上下下找了个遍才找到的。

Grandpa: [ He unwraps the presents. They contain photographs of him with the family. ] Richard, these are terrific pictures. This one really brings back memories. You remember that day, Robbie?

理查德,这些照片真棒。这一张的确唤起了许多往事。罗比,你还记得那天么?

Robbie: I sure do. It was fun.

当然记得,那次我们玩得真愉快。

Grandpa: [ He looks at a photo of himself and Susan. ] Oh, I'm sorry Susan isn't here. I miss her very much.

噢,真可惜苏珊不在家,我很想念她。

Ellen: She feels bad, too, Grandpa. She called to say the plane was delayed. You know airports.

她也感到很难过,爷爷。她打电话回来说飞机误点了。你知道机场总是不准时的。

Grandpa: I can't wait to see her. She looks just like Grandma at that age. I'd better unpack.  I started traveling twenty-four hours ago.

我迫不及待的想见到她了,她长得和她奶奶年轻时一样。我还是先把行李打开吧。从出门到现在已经二十四小时了。

Grandpa: [ He gets up. ] I'm not so young anymore.

我不再那样年轻了。

Ellen: Don't you want something to eat?

您不要吃点什么吗?

Grandpa: No, thanks. After a good night's sleep, I'll enjoy breakfast even more.

不用了,谢谢。好好睡一觉,明天的早餐会更香。

Philip: Well, come on, Dad. Ellen and I'll take you to your room.

好,来吧,爸爸。我和埃伦带你到你的房间去。

Robbie: I'm sure glad you're here, Grandpa.

您来这儿我真高兴,爷爷。

Richard: Good night, Grandpa.

晚安,爷爷。

Marilyn: Pleasant dreams.

祝你做个好梦。

[ The family leaves the living room. Ellen, Philip, and Grandpa go upstairs to Grandpa's room. ]

Grandpa: Philip, do you have the key to the trunk?

菲利普,箱子的钥匙在你那儿吗?

Philip: I have the key, but it doesn't work. [ He gives the key to Grandpa. ]

钥匙在我这儿,但不知道为什么打不开。

Grandpa: [ He tries the key, but it doesn't unlock the trunk. ] I sent the wrong key. I have something for you. I made it myself. I think you'll enjoy it. I researched it for over a year. It's our family tree.

我寄错了钥匙。我给你们带来了一样东西,我自己做的。我想你们会喜欢的。我为这个做了一年多的调查研究。是我们家的家谱。

Ellen: [ She looks at it. ] Oh, Grandpa! How exciting!

哇,爷爷!太让人激动了!

Philip: Fabulous! Why, I didn't know that your grandfather was born in Germany.

太棒了!天哪,我竟然不知道您的祖父是在德国出生的。

Grandpa: Lots of interesting information about our family. A gift from me.

这上面还有很多有趣的关于我们家族的信息呢。这是我给你们的一件礼物。

Ellen: Thank you so much. [ She hugs Grandpa. ]

太感谢你了。

Susan: [ She rushes into the room. ] Grandpa! Grandpa! Oh, Grandpa, I'm so happy to see you!

爷爷!爷爷!噢,爷爷!见到您我真的很高兴!

Grandpa: [ He looks at her. ] Oh, you look so beautiful, Susan. My granddaughter. Like I always said, you look just like Grandma.

噢,苏珊,你看起来真漂亮。我的好孙女。就像我常说的,你长得简直和你奶奶一模一样。

Philip: [ to Grandpa ] I think you're going to be very happy here with us.

我想你和我们住在一起会很快乐的。

Ellen: I know you will.

我知道你会这样。

Grandpa: I don't feel alone anymore.

我再也不是孤身一人了。
15个相关单词

与课文关联的单词

announce *

/əˈnaʊns/v. 通知

belongings

/bɪˈlɒŋɪŋz/n. 财物

caring

/ˈkeərɪŋ/adj. 温馨的

fishing

/ˈfɪʃɪŋ/n. 钓鱼

name *

/neɪm/v. 说定,确定

unwrap

/ʌnˈræp/v. 解开

bring *

/brɪŋ/v. 唤起(回忆)

memory *

/ˈmeməri/n. 回忆

remember *

/rɪˈmembə(r)/v. 记得

delay *

/dɪˈleɪ/n. 延误

unpack

/ˌʌnˈpæk/v. 解包

research *

/rɪˈsɜːtʃ/v. 研究

fabulous

/ˈfæbjələs/adj. 难以置信的

information *

/ˌɪnfəˈmeɪʃ(ə)n/n. 信息

anymore

/ˌeniˈmɔː(r)/adv. 再也(不)
笔记更新中
当您看到了此提示,说明本课笔记还在正在努力更新中...
下车告别 更新于:2026-04-29 13:05:47

Amtrak is happy to announce our arrival in New York City.

arrival 抵达 / 到达

  • We are waiting for the arrival of the flight. 我们正在等待航班降落。
  • Please notify us upon your arrival at the hotel. 您到达酒店后请告知我们。
  • The arrival of spring brings warmer weather. 春天的到来带来了温暖的天气。
Get to 到达(口语最常用)What time do we get to New York? 我们几点到纽约?
Reach 抵达(及物动词)They reached the summit after five hours. 五个小时后他们到达了山顶。

The train will be stopping in five minutes. 火车将在五分钟后到站。

in [time] 在……时间之后

  • I'll be back in ten minutes. 我十分钟后回来。
  • The movie starts in half an hour. 电影半小时后开始。
  • He'll finish the project in a few days. 他几天后就会完成这个项目。
Later 以后(用于过去或泛指)I'll see you later. 回头见。
Within 在……之内Please reply within 24 hours. 请在24小时内回复。

Please check to be sure you have your belongings. 请检查并确认带齐了您的随身物品。

belongings 随身物品 / 财物

  • Don't leave your belongings unattended. 别让你的随身物品无人看管。
  • He packed all his belongings into one suitcase. 他把所有的家当都装进了一个手提箱。
  • The police returned her stolen belongings. 警察归还了她被盗的物品。
Stuff 东西(非常口语)Is this all your stuff? 这全是你的东西吗?
Personal items 个人物品Keep your personal items in the locker. 把个人物品存在储物柜里。

And have a good stay in the Big Apple. 祝您在纽约玩得愉快。

the Big Apple 纽约市(大苹果)

  • I'm going to spend my vacation in the Big Apple. 我打算去纽约度过我的假期。
  • The Big Apple is famous for its Broadway shows. 纽约以其百老汇演出而闻名。
  • Welcome to the Big Apple! 欢迎来到纽约!
NYC 纽约市(缩写)I love the energy of NYC. 我喜欢纽约这座城市的活力。
The city that never sleeps 不夜城New York is known as the city that never sleeps. 纽约被称为不夜城。

Well, here we are. 好了,我们到站了。

Here we are 我们到了 / 这就是了

  • Here we are—this is my house. 我们到了,这就是我家。
  • Stop the car, here we are. 停下车,我们到了。
  • Here we are at last after a long journey. 长途跋涉之后,我们终于到了。
There you go 这就是你要的 / 就这样"Can I have the salt?" "There you go." “能把盐给我吗?”“给你。”
We've arrived 我们抵达了(较正式)Ladies and gentlemen, we've arrived. 女士们先生们,我们已经抵达了。

It was so nice meeting you, Mr. Stewart. 史都华先生,很高兴能认识您。

Nice meeting you 很高兴认识你 / 很高兴见到你

  • It was nice meeting you at the conference. 很高兴在会议上认识你。
  • It's been nice meeting you, but I have to go now. 很高兴认识你,但我现在得走了。
  • I hope to see you again; it was nice meeting you. 希望能再见到你,很高兴认识你。
Pleased to meet you 幸会(较正式)Pleased to meet you, Professor. 教授,幸会。
Nice to meet you 初次见面(见面时用)Hi, I'm Elsa. Nice to meet you. 嗨,我是艾莎。很高兴认识你。

Please look us up. 请务必来找我们。

look up 查找 / (在某地)拜访某人

  • Look me up if you're ever in London. 如果你去伦敦,记得来找我。
  • I need to look up this word in the dictionary. 我需要查一下这个单词。
  • Things are starting to look up lately. 最近情况开始好转了。
Drop by 顺便拜访Feel free to drop by anytime. 随时欢迎过来串门。
Contact 联系Please contact me if you need anything. 如果需要什么请联系我。

You're very lucky to have a caring family. 能有这么体贴的家人,你真的很幸运。

caring 关心的 / 体贴的

  • He is a very caring person who helps everyone. 他是个非常体贴的人,乐于助人。
  • We need to build a more caring society. 我们需要建立一个更具关爱的社会。
  • Thanks for being so caring during my illness. 谢谢你在我生病期间这么照顾我。
Thoughtful 周到的 / 体贴的That was a thoughtful gift. 那是份很有心意的礼物。
Considerate 体谅他人的It was considerate of you to wait. 你愿意等真是太体贴了。
家人相聚 更新于:2026-04-29 13:06:49

When can we go fishing? 我们什么时候能去钓鱼?

go fishing 去钓鱼

  • We usually go fishing by the lake on weekends. 我们周末通常去湖边钓鱼。
  • My grandfather taught me how to go fishing when I was six. 我六岁时爷爷教我怎么钓鱼。
  • It’s a perfect day to go fishing. 今天真是个钓鱼的好日子。
Go + -ing 去从事某项活动Let's go swimming this afternoon. 咱们今天下午去游泳吧。
Go for a... 去进行一次...Would you like to go for a walk? 你想去散散步吗?

You name the day. 日子你定。

name the day 定日子 / 选个日期

  • "When should we meet?" "You name the day." “我们什么时候见面?”“你定日子。”
  • They haven't named the day for the wedding yet. 他们还没定下结婚的日子。
  • Just name the day and I'll be there. 只要定好日子,我准到。
Up to you 由你决定Where to eat? It's up to you. 去哪吃?你说了算。
Fix a date 确定日期(正式)We need to fix a date for the next meeting. 我们需要为下次会议定个日期。

Philip needs a day off. 菲利普得歇一天了。

day off 休息日 / 请假的一天

  • I'm taking a day off tomorrow to handle some personal business. 我明天请一天假去处理点私事。
  • I finally have a day off after working for two weeks straight. 连续工作两周后,我终于有个休息日了。
  • What do you usually do on your day off? 你休息日通常做什么?
Take time off 休假/请假He decided to take some time off to travel. 他决定休段时间假去旅行。
On leave 在休假中(正式)The manager is on leave this week. 经理这周在休假。

I looked all over the house to find it. 为了找它,我把屋里翻了个遍。

look all over 到处寻找

  • I looked all over for my keys but couldn't find them. 我到处找我的钥匙,但就是找不到。
  • We've looked all over the city for a good Italian restaurant. 我们找遍了全城想找一家好的意式餐厅。
  • She looked all over the office for the missing file. 她在办公室里到处寻找那份丢失的文件。
Search high and low 到处搜寻(习语)I've searched high and low for that book. 为了那本书,我到处都翻遍了。
Go through 仔细检查/搜寻I went through all my pockets, but it's not there. 我翻遍了所有口袋,还是不在那儿。

This one really brings back memories. 这张照片真叫人怀旧。

bring back memories 勾起回忆

  • Listening to this song brings back memories of my childhood. 听这首歌勾起了我童年的回忆。
  • Visiting my old school brought back a lot of memories. 回到老学校勾起了我许多往事。
  • This old photo brings back memories of our wedding day. 这张旧照片让我想起了我们结婚那天。
Remind someone of... 使某人想起...This place reminds me of home. 这地方让我想家。
Flashback 闪回/倒叙I had a flashback to the time we first met. 我脑海里闪现出我们初次见面时的场景。

She called to say the plane was delayed. 她打电话来说飞机晚点。

be delayed 被延迟 / 晚点

  • Our flight was delayed by three hours due to heavy rain. 因为大雨,我们的航班延误了三小时。
  • Sorry I'm late, the bus was delayed in traffic. 抱歉我迟到了,公交车堵车耽误了。
  • The game has been delayed until next week. 比赛被推迟到了下周。
Behind schedule 落后于进度The train is running twenty minutes behind schedule. 火车晚点了二十分钟。
Put off 推迟(动词短语)Never put off until tomorrow what you can do today. 今日事今日毕。

She looks just like Grandma at that age. 她长得简直和奶奶年轻时一模一样。

look just like 长得非常像

  • You look just like your father when he was young. 你长得跟你父亲年轻时简直一模一样。
  • This fake diamond looks just like a real one. 这颗假钻看起来跟真的一样。
  • She looks just like a movie star in that dress. 她穿那身裙子看起来简直像个影星。
Take after (长相或性格)像(长辈)He takes after his mother. 他长得像他妈妈。
Resemble 相像(正式)The two brothers resemble each other closely. 这两兄弟长得非常像。

I'd better unpack. 我最好还是先把行李拆了吧。

had better 最好...(表建议或轻微警告)

  • You'd better wear a coat; it's freezing outside. 你最好穿件外套,外面冷死了。
  • I'd better go now, or I'll miss the train. 我最好现在就走,不然该赶不上火车了。
  • We'd better not wake the baby up. 我们最好别把宝宝弄醒。
Should 应该You should try this cake; it's delicious. 你应该尝尝这蛋糕,好吃极了。
Ought to 应当You ought to be more careful. 你应该再小心点。

I'm not so young anymore. 我不再那么年轻咯。

not ... anymore 不再 / 再也不

  • I don't live in that apartment anymore. 我不再住在那间公寓里了。
  • We aren't friends anymore. 我们不再是朋友了。
  • She doesn't drink coffee anymore. 她不再喝咖啡了。
No longer 不再(更正式)He no longer works for this company. 他不再为这家公司工作了。
Stop 停止I stopped smoking last year. 我去年戒烟了。

After a good night's sleep, I 'll enjoy breakfast even more. 睡个好觉之后,我吃早餐会更香的。

a good night's sleep 一晚安稳的睡眠

  • You'll feel much better after a good night's sleep. 睡个好觉之后你会感觉好得。
  • I haven't had a good night's sleep in weeks. 我已经好几周没睡个安稳觉了。
  • Nothing beats a good night's sleep when you're stressed. 压力大时,没有什么比睡个好觉更管用了。
Sleep like a log 睡得像死猪一样I was so tired that I slept like a log last night. 我昨晚太累了,睡得特别沉。
Deep sleep 深度睡眠I was in a deep sleep when the phone rang. 电话响的时候我正熟睡呢。
家族讨论 更新于:2026-05-09 01:11:38

Philip, do you have the key to the trunk? 菲利普,你有这个大箱子的钥匙吗?

key to [something] ……的钥匙 / ……的关键

  • I can't find the key to the back door. 我找不到后门的钥匙了。
  • Hard work is the key to success. 努力是成功的关键。
  • Is there a key to this exercise? 这道练习题有答案(键)吗?
Solution to ……的解决方法We need a solution to this problem. 我们需要这个问题的解决方法。
Answer to ……的回答/答案Do you know the answer to his question? 你知道他那个问题的答案吗?

I have the key, but it doesn't work. 我有钥匙,但不好使。

work 起作用 / 运转正常 / 行得通

  • My watch doesn't work; I think it needs a battery. 我的表不走了,我觉得得换电池。
  • That plan won't work in practice. 那个计划在实际操作中行不通。
  • This medicine works like magic! 这药简直有奇效!
Out of order 出故障(通常指机器)The elevator is out of order again. 电梯又坏了。
Run 运行(侧重持续状态)Is the engine running? 引擎在转(运行)吗?

I made it myself. 这可是我亲手做的。

[do something] myself 亲自做某事(强调不是别人做的)

  • I fixed the car myself. 这车是我自己修好的。
  • Did you bake this cake yourself? 这蛋糕是你亲手烤的吗?
  • The President himself signed the letter. 总统本人亲自签了这封信。
In person 亲自/本人(侧重露面)You must apply for the visa in person. 你必须本人到场申请签证。
On one's own 独自/独立地She finished the whole project on her own. 她独立完成了整个项目。

I think you 'll enjoy it. 我觉得你会喜欢的。

I think [that]... 我想/我觉得……(委婉表达看法)

  • I think it's going to rain later. 我觉得待会要下雨。
  • I don't think he's coming. 我觉得他(可能)不来了。
  • What do you think of my new dress? 你觉得我这件新裙子怎么样?
In my opinion 依我看(较正式)In my opinion, we should wait. 依我看,我们该等等。
I reckon 我猜/我觉得(口语,带推测意味)I reckon he's about forty. 我估摸着他大概四十岁。

I researched it for over a year. 我钻研这事儿花了一年多时间。

over [a number/period] 超过 / 多于

  • There were over a hundred people at the party. 派对上有超过一百人。
  • He has lived here for over ten years. 他在这儿住了十多年了。
  • The project cost over a million dollars. 这个项目耗资超过一百万美元。
More than 多于I've known her for more than a decade. 我认识她超过十年了。
Above (数量/位置)在……之上Temperatures will stay above freezing today. 今天气温会保持在冰点以上。

Why, I didn't know that your grandfather was born in Germany. 哎呀,我以前还真不知道你爷爷是在德国出生的。

be born in [place/year] 在某地/某年出生

  • I was born in 1995. 我是一九九五年出生的。
  • Were you born in China? 你是在中国出生的吗?
  • She was born into a wealthy family. 她出生在一个富裕家庭。
Hometown 家乡New York is my hometown. 纽约是我的家乡。
Native 当地人/出生地的He is a native of Chicago. 他是芝加哥本地人。

表达不知道;不清楚

  • I don't know. 初级应用
  • I have no clue. 地道
  • I have no idea. 不知道、没头绪
  • I haven't a clue. 我一无所知
  • I don't have a clue what you say. 你说的啥,我一句都听不懂。
  • I don't have a clue what you're talking about.
  • What you're talking about? / What did you say?
  • I have no clue what's going on here. 我完全搞不清楚这儿是什么情况

Oh, Grandpa, I'm so happy to see you! 噢爷爷,见到您我真是太高兴了!

be happy to [do] 很高兴做某事

  • I'll be happy to help you with your luggage. 我很乐意帮你拿行李。
  • We are happy to announce the winner. 我们很高兴宣布获胜者。
  • She was happy to hear the good news. 听到那个好消息她很高兴。
Glad to 乐于/高兴I'm glad to be here today. 今天能来这儿我很开心。
Delighted to 非常荣幸/欣喜I'm delighted to meet you at last. 终于见到你,我真是太荣幸了。

I think you're going to be very happy here with us. 我觉得你跟我们住在一起会非常开心的。

be going to 打算 / 将要(表示预测或计划)

  • Look at those clouds; it's going to rain. 看那些云,要下雨了。
  • What are you going to do this weekend? 你这周末打算做什么?
  • I think I'm going to like this place. 我觉得我会喜欢上这个地方。
Will 将(侧重意愿或即时决定)I will call you tonight. 我今晚会给你打电话。
Plan to 计划(更具目的性)We plan to move to a new house next year. 我们计划明年搬进新房。

I don't feel alone anymore. 我再也不觉得孤单了。

feel alone 感到孤独/孤单

  • Even in a big city, you can feel alone sometimes. 即使在大城市里,有时你也会感到孤单。
  • I didn't feel alone because my dog was with me. 我没觉得孤单,因为有我的狗陪着我。
  • Reading makes me feel less alone. 阅读让我觉得没那么寂寞。
Lonely 寂寞的(心理上的凄凉)She felt very lonely after her best friend moved away. 好朋友搬走后,她感到非常寂寞。
By oneself 独自一人(客观状态)I enjoy sitting by myself in the cafe. 我喜欢独自一人坐在咖啡馆里。