Episode 3 Grandpa's Trunk ACT III

祖父的行李箱 第三幕

Watch the video then answer the question: What's inside the trunk?

[ On the Amtrak train later that day. The train is arriving in New York City. ]

Announcer: Ladies and gentlemen, Amtrak is happy to announce our arrival in New York City. The train will be stopping in five minutes. Please check to be sure you have your belongings. And have a good stay in the Big Apple. Thank you.

女士们、先生们,美国火车公司很高兴的通知大家,列车即将到达纽约市了。列车将在五分种后靠站停车。请检查并带好自己的行李。祝您在纽约过得愉快,谢谢各位。

Elsa Tobin: Well, here we are.  It was so nice meeting you, Mr. Stewart.

我们终于到了。很高兴遇见你,斯图尔特先生。

Malcolm Stewart: And nice meeting you, too, Mrs. Tobin. Please look us up. We're in the phone book. Dr. Philip Stewart, in Riverdale.

我也很高兴遇见你,托宾夫人。请记得联系我们。你可以在电话簿上找到我们的地址和电话号码,里弗代尔镇,菲利普 • 斯图尔特医生 。

Elsa Tobin: Your son?

是你儿子吗?

Malcolm Stewart: That's right. And have a good time in New York.

不错,祝你在纽约玩得愉快。

Elsa Tobin: And don't be so independent. You're very lucky to have a caring family.

还有,别太独立了。你有一个温馨的家庭是多么的幸运啊。

Robbie: When can we go fishing?

咱们什么时候能去钓鱼?

Grandpa: Robbie, we'll go fishing soon, and we'll take your dad with us.

罗比,咱们不久就去钓鱼,还要带你爸爸也一起去。

Philip: I'm ready, Grandpa. You name the day.

爷爷,我随时都可以去。你说哪一天吧。

Ellen: That's a great idea, Grandpa! Philip needs a day off.

这主意真好,爷爷,菲利普需要休息一天。

Robbie: [ to Richard] Let's give him our presents --now.

咱们把礼物送给他吧 —— 现在就给。

Richard: Good idea.

好。

Grandpa: Presents --for me?

礼物,—— 给我的?

Richard: [ He gives his present to Grandpa. ] From me and Marilyn.

这是我和玛丽琳给你的。

Robbie: And this one's from me. I looked all over the house to find it.

这是我给你的,我在家上上下下找了个遍才找到的。

Grandpa: [ He unwraps the presents. They contain photographs of him with the family. ] Richard, these are terrific pictures. This one really brings back memories. You remember that day, Robbie?

理查德,这些照片真棒。这一张的确唤起了许多往事。罗比,你还记得那天么?

Robbie: I sure do. It was fun.

当然记得,那次我们玩得真愉快。

Grandpa: [ He looks at a photo of himself and Susan. ] Oh, I'm sorry Susan isn't here. I miss her very much.

噢,真可惜苏珊不在家,我很想念她。

Ellen: She feels bad, too, Grandpa. She called to say the plane was delayed. You know airports.

她也感到很难过,爷爷。她打电话回来说飞机误点了。你知道机场总是不准时的。

Grandpa: I can't wait to see her. She looks just like Grandma at that age. I'd better unpack.  I started traveling twenty-four hours ago.

我迫不及待的想见到她了,她长得和她奶奶年轻时一样。我还是先把行李打开吧。从出门到现在已经二十四小时了。

Grandpa: [ He gets up. ] I'm not so young anymore.

我不再那样年轻了。

Ellen: Don't you want something to eat?

您不要吃点什么吗?

Grandpa: No, thanks. After a good night's sleep, I'll enjoy breakfast even more.

不用了,谢谢。好好睡一觉,明天的早餐会更香。

Philip: Well, come on, Dad. Ellen and I'll take you to your room.

好,来吧,爸爸。我和埃伦带你到你的房间去。

Robbie: I'm sure glad you're here, Grandpa.

您来这儿我真高兴,爷爷。

Richard: Good night, Grandpa.

晚安,爷爷。

Marilyn: Pleasant dreams.

祝你做个好梦。

[ The family leaves the living room. Ellen, Philip, and Grandpa go upstairs to Grandpa's room. ]

Grandpa: Philip, do you have the key to the trunk?

菲利普,箱子的钥匙在你那儿吗?

Philip: I have the key, but it doesn't work. [ He gives the key to Grandpa. ]

钥匙在我这儿,但不知道为什么打不开。

Grandpa: [ He tries the key, but it doesn't unlock the trunk. ] I sent the wrong key. I have something for you. I made it myself. I think you'll enjoy it. I researched it for over a year. It's our family tree.

我寄错了钥匙。我给你们带来了一样东西,我自己做的。我想你们会喜欢的。我为这个做了一年多的调查研究。是我们家的家谱。

Ellen: [ She looks at it. ] Oh, Grandpa! How exciting!

哇,爷爷!太让人激动了!

Philip: Fabulous! Why, I didn't know that your grandfather was born in Germany.

太棒了!天哪,我竟然不知道您的祖父是在德国出生的。

Grandpa: Lots of interesting information about our family. A gift from me.

这上面还有很多有趣的关于我们家族的信息呢。这是我给你们的一件礼物。

Ellen: Thank you so much. [ She hugs Grandpa. ]

太感谢你了。

Susan: [ She rushes into the room. ] Grandpa! Grandpa! Oh, Grandpa, I'm so happy to see you!

爷爷!爷爷!噢,爷爷!见到您我真的很高兴!

Grandpa: [ He looks at her. ] Oh, you look so beautiful, Susan. My granddaughter. Like I always said, you look just like Grandma.

噢,苏珊,你看起来真漂亮。我的好孙女。就像我常说的,你长得简直和你奶奶一模一样。

Philip: [ to Grandpa ] I think you're going to be very happy here with us.

我想你和我们住在一起会很快乐的。

Ellen: I know you will.

我知道你会这样。

Grandpa: I don't feel alone anymore.

我再也不是孤身一人了。

单词列表

15
announce */ əˈnaʊns /v. 通知
belongings/ bɪˈlɒŋɪŋz /n. 财物
caring/ ˈkeərɪŋ /adj. 温馨的
fishing/ ˈfɪʃɪŋ /n. 钓鱼
name */ neɪm /v. 说定,确定
unwrap/ ʌnˈræp /v. 解开
bring */ brɪŋ /v. 唤起(回忆)
memory */ ˈmeməri /n. 回忆
remember */ rɪˈmembə(r) /v. 记得
delay */ dɪˈleɪ /n. 延误
unpack/ ˌʌnˈpæk /v. 解包
research */ rɪˈsɜːtʃ /v. 研究
fabulous/ ˈfæbjələs /adj. 难以置信的
information */ ˌɪnfəˈmeɪʃ(ə)n /n. 信息
anymore/ ˌeniˈmɔː(r) /adv. 再也(不)