Episode 2 The Blind Date ACT I介绍会面 第一幕

[ On a street in downtown Manhattan. Harry Bennett is carrying some flowers. He takes out a piece of paper from his pocket. It reads, 'Susan Stewart, 83 Wooster Street, phone 555-9470, 8:00 P.M.' Harry stops to talk to a street vendor. He asks him for directions. ]

Harry: Excuse me. Can you help me?

劳驾,向你打听个事儿,行吗?

Vendor: Sure, what do you want?

行啊,什么事?

Harry: Where is 83 Wooster Street?

伍斯特大街 83 号怎么走?

Vendor: That's easy. [ He points. ] Walk to the corner. Then make a left turn. Then walk two blocks to the traffic light. Make another left to Wooster.

好找。走到拐角处,然后向左拐,接着再走两条街到红绿灯那儿,再向左拐就到伍斯特大街了。

Harry: Thank you. To the corner and then a left?

谢谢你。走到拐角处向左转,对吗?

Vendor: Yeah. A left. Hot dog? Only seventy-five cents.

是的,向左转。来份热狗吧?才 75 美分。

Harry: No. Thank you. I have a dinner date.

谢谢,不了。我与人约好一起吃晚饭的。

[ A little later. Harry is still lost. He goes to a pay phone and dials Susan's telephone number. ]

Harry: 555-9470... and it's busy. ... Try again. 555-9470... and it's still busy.

555-9470… 占线…,再试一次。555-9470… …还是占线。

Harry: [ He walks to a grocery store to ask for directions. ] Excuse me, ma'am. I'm looking for 83 Wooster Street.

打扰一下,太太。请问伍斯特街 83 号怎么走?

Woman: Yes. Wooster Street is two blocks, and 83 is to the right, about two houses.

噢,伍斯特大街离这儿有两个街区,83 号在右边,大约再走两户人家就到了。

Harry: Thank you, thank you!

谢谢你,谢谢你哦!

Woman: You're welcome.

不用谢。

[ A few minutes later. Harry finds Wooster Street. He rings the buzzer to Susan's apartment. ]

Susan: [ at the intercom ] Who is it?

是谁呀?

Harry: Harry Bennett. Is this Susan?

哈里 • 贝内特。是苏珊吗?

Susan: Yes, it is. Come up. I'm on the top floor.

是我,请上楼吧。我住在顶层的。

Susan: [ She opens the door. ] Hello, Harry. It's nice to meet you.

你好,哈里。很高兴见到你。

Harry: Nice to meet you, Susan. [ He gives her the flowers. ] Sorry I'm late. The traffic. The parking. I was lost.

很高兴见到你,苏珊。很抱歉我迟到了。交通太拥挤了,又找不到停车的地方,我又迷路了!

Susan: What pretty flowers! Thank you. Oh, please come in. Don't worry about being late. It's fine.

花儿真美!谢谢你。噢,请进屋里来。迟到点儿不用往心里去,没有关系的。

Susan: Excuse the mess. I just moved here. Oh, I'd like you to meet my sister-in-law Marilyn. Marilyn Stewart, this is Harry Bennett.

抱歉,屋里乱得很,我才搬来不久。噢,我来介绍你认识一下我的嫂子玛丽琳。玛丽琳 • 斯图尔特,这是哈里 • 贝内特。

Harry: Pleased to meet you.

很高兴认识你。

Marilyn: Nice to meet you, Harry.

我也很高兴认识你,哈里。

Harry: Are we too late for our dinner reservation?

我们预订的晚餐,现在去是不是太晚了?

Susan: No, the restaurant will hold our table. I know the owner very well. I eat there a lot.

不晚,餐厅会保留我们的席位。我和老板很熟。我常在那儿吃饭。

Harry: Do you know the phone number of the restaurant? I'd like to call home and leave the number with the baby-sitter.

你知道那家餐厅的电话号码么?我想打电话回家把餐厅的电话告诉临时保姆。

Susan: Sure. The number is... five five five...seventeen twenty.

没问题,号码是 555 - 1720。

Harry: May I use the phone?

我可以用一下电话吗?

[ Susan indicates yes. ]

Harry: Five five five...one seven two oh. Hello? Hi, Michelle. It's Daddy. Can I speak to Betty?  I want to leave the phone number of the restaurant...

555 - 1720,喂? 嗨,米歇尔。我是爸爸。请让贝蒂接电话,好吗? 我想把餐厅的电话号码告诉她 ...

Harry: Hi, Betty. I'll be at five five five...seventeen twenty. OK. Thanks. See you later.

嗨,贝蒂。我要去的地方的电话号码是 555 - 1720。对,谢谢。一会见。

Harry: [ He hangs up. ] Well, that's done. Shall we go?

好了,搞定了。咱们走吧?

Susan: I'm ready. See you later, Marilyn.

我准备好了。玛丽琳,一会儿再见。

Marilyn: Have a nice evening.

祝你们今晚愉快。

Harry: Bye, Marilyn. Hope to see you again.

再见,玛丽琳。希望能再次见到你。

Marilyn: Me, too. Have fun!

我也是。好好玩吧!

Susan: Thanks.

谢谢。

Harry: After you.

请先走。
11个相关单词

与课文关联的单词

corner *

/ˈkɔːnə(r)/n. 拐角

block *

/blɒk/n. 街区

date *

/deɪt/n. 约会

parking

/ˈpɑːkɪŋ/n. 停车

mess *

/mes/n. 混乱

sister-in-law

/ˈsɪstər ɪn lɔː/n. 嫂子

pleased

/pliːzd/adj. 高兴的

reservation

/ˌrezəˈveɪʃn/n. 预定

hold *

/həʊld/v. 保持、保留

baby-sitter

/'bebɪˌsɪtə/n. 临时保姆

leave *

/liːv/v. 留下
笔记更新中
当您看到了此提示,说明本课笔记还在正在努力更新中...
问路 更新于:2026-04-24 06:51:30

Can you help me? 你能帮帮我吗?

help someone 帮助某人

  • Could you help me with these heavy bags? 你能帮我提提这些沉重的包吗?
  • I’m happy to help you with your English homework. 我很乐意辅导你的英语作业。
  • She helped him find his way back to the hotel. 她帮他找到了回酒店的路。
Give someone a hand 帮个忙 / 搭把手Could you give me a hand moving this table? 你能搭把手帮我搬下桌子吗?
Assist 协助(正式)The nurse assisted the doctor during the surgery. 护士在手术期间协助医生。

That's easy. 那容易。

That's easy 那很简单 / 没问题

  • Fixing this computer? That's easy for me. 修这台电脑?对我来说小菜一碟。
  • Finding the museum is easy if you have a map. 如果你有地图,找博物馆很容易。
  • "Can you cook pasta?" "Sure, that's easy!" “你会做意面吗?”“当然,那太简单了!”
A piece of cake 小菜一碟The exam was a piece of cake. 考试容易得不得了。
No problem 没问题 / 简单"Can you help me?" "No problem!" “能帮帮我吗?”“没问题!”

Walk to the corner. 走到拐角处。

walk to... 走到……

  • Please walk to the end of the hall and turn right. 请走到走廊尽头然后右转。
  • We decided to walk to the park instead of driving. 我们决定走着去公园,不开车。
  • You should walk to the bus stop; it’s very close. 你应该走去公交站,非常近。
Go straight 直走Go straight for two miles, then you'll see the lake. 直走两英里,然后你就能看到湖了。
Head toward 朝...方向走Just head toward the city center. 就朝着市中心走就行。

Then make a left turn. 然后左转。

make a left turn 左转

  • You need to make a left turn at the next intersection. 你需要在下一个路口左转。
  • Don't make a left turn here; it's a one-way street. 别在这儿左转,这是单行道。
  • The GPS told me to make a left turn in 200 meters. 导航告诉我200米后左转。
Turn left 向左转Turn left at the bank. 在银行那儿左转。
Hang a left 左转(地道口语)Just hang a left at the traffic light. 在红绿灯那儿往左拐就行。

Walk two blocks to the traffic light. 走过两个街区到红绿灯那儿。

two blocks 两个街区

  • The post office is just two blocks away from here. 邮局离这儿就两个街区远。
  • Keep driving for two blocks and then stop. 再开两个街区,然后停下。
  • I walked two blocks but couldn't find the shop. 我走了两个街区,但没找到那家店。
Traffic light 红绿灯Stop when the traffic light turns red. 红灯亮时请停车。
Intersection 十字路口The accident happened at the intersection. 事故发生在十字路口。

I have a dinner date. 我有场晚宴约会。

dinner date 晚饭约会

  • I can't go to the movie because I have a dinner date tonight. 我没法去看电影,因为今晚我有场晚饭约会。
  • He’s very nervous about his first dinner date with her. 他对他和她的第一次晚餐约会感到非常紧张。
  • We had a wonderful dinner date at a French restaurant. 我们在一家法餐厅度过了一个美妙的晚餐约会。
Go out for dinner 出去吃晚饭Let's go out for dinner to celebrate your birthday. 咱们出去吃顿好的庆祝你生日吧。
Blind date 相亲约会She is going on a blind date organized by her friend. 她要去参加朋友安排的相亲约会。

it's busy. 电话占线。

busy (电话)占线 / 忙碌

  • I tried to call the office, but the line was busy. 我试着往办公室打电话,但占线。
  • I've been getting a busy signal all morning. 我整个上午听到的都是忙音。
  • Don't call him now; he's busy with a client. 现在别给他打电话,他正忙着接待客户呢。
The line is engaged 电话占线(英式)I'm afraid the line is engaged at the moment. 恐怕现在电话占线。
Can't get through 打不通I can't get through to her; maybe her phone is off. 我打不通她的电话,可能她关机了。

Try again. 再试一次。

try again 再试一次 / 再努力看看

  • If you fail the first time, you should try again. 如果你第一次失败了,你应该再试一次。
  • The password was wrong; please try again. 密码错误,请重试。
  • Let's try again tomorrow when we're not so tired. 咱们明天不这么累的时候再试一次吧。
Give it another shot 再试一把(口语)Don't give up! Give it another shot. 别放弃!再试一把。
Have another go 再试一次I'll have another go at fixing the sink. 我打算再试着修一下水槽。

I'm looking for 83 Wooster Street. 我正在找伍斯特街83号。

look for 寻找 / 寻觅

  • What are you looking for in your bag? 你在包里翻什么呢?
  • I'm looking for a job in the marketing field. 我正在找一份市场营销方面的工作。
  • We spent all afternoon looking for your lost keys. 我们整个下午都在找你弄丢的钥匙。
Search for 搜寻The police are searching for the missing hiker. 警方正在搜寻失踪的徒步旅行者。
Seek 追求 / 寻求(正式)They are seeking professional advice on the matter. 他们正就此事寻求专业建议。

Wooster Street is two blocks. 伍斯特街离这儿就两个街区。

two blocks 两个街区

  • Walk two blocks and you'll see the cinema on your left. 走两个街区,你就能看到电影院在你的左手边。
  • My office is two blocks away from the subway station. 我办公室离地铁站就两个街区。
  • Is the museum more than two blocks from here? 博物馆离这儿超过两个街区吗?
Block by block 逐个街区地They searched the neighborhood block by block. 他们挨个街区搜寻了那个社区。
Down the block 在这条街的下头There's a post office just down the block. 这条街下头就有一个邮局。

83 is to the right, about two houses. 83号在右边,大约隔两间房子。

to the right 向右 / 在右边

  • The bathroom is the first door to the right. 洗手间是右边第一个门。
  • Keep to the right as you go down the stairs. 下楼梯时请靠右走。
  • If you look to the right, you can see the ocean. 如果你往右看,就能看到大海。
On the right-hand side 在右侧The entrance is on the right-hand side of the building. 入口在建筑物的右侧。
Make a right 右转Make a right at the next stop sign. 在下一个停车标志处右转。
第一次到访人家 更新于:2026-04-24 06:52:49

Come up. I'm on the top floor. 上楼来吧,我在顶层。

top floor 顶层 / 顶楼

  • My office is located on the top floor of this building. 我的办公室在这栋楼的顶层。
  • The top floor offers a stunning view of the city. 顶层可以俯瞰整座城市的绝佳美景。
  • He lives in a penthouse on the top floor. 他住在顶层的阁楼里。
Penthouse 顶层豪华公寓They bought a luxury penthouse last year. 他们去年买了一套奢华的顶层公寓。
Attic 阁楼We store all our old boxes in the attic. 我们把所有的旧箱子都存在阁楼里。

It's nice to meet you. 见到你很高兴。

It's nice to meet you 初次见面时的问候

  • "Hello, I'm Harry." "It's nice to meet you, Harry." “你好,我是哈里。”“哈里,很高兴认识你。”
  • It's nice to meet you in person after all those emails. 发了这么多邮件,很高兴能见到你本人。
  • It's nice to meet you all here today. 今天很高兴能在这儿见到大家。
Pleased to meet you 很高兴认识你Pleased to meet you, Mr. President. 总统先生,很荣幸认识您。
Glad to meet you 见到你真开心I'm so glad to meet you at last. 终于见到你了,我真开心。

Sorry I'm late. 抱歉我迟到了。

Sorry I'm late 抱歉迟到

  • Sorry I'm late, I got stuck in traffic. 抱歉我迟到了,我被堵在路上了。
  • Sorry I'm late, my alarm didn't go off. 抱歉我迟到了,闹钟没响。
  • Please excuse me, sorry I'm late for the meeting. 请原谅,开会我迟到了。
Apologize for being late 为迟到道歉(正式)I apologize for being late to the interview. 我为面试迟到向您道歉。
Better late than never 迟到总比不到好You made it! Well, better late than never. 你总算来了!嗯,迟到总比不来强。

Don't worry about being late. 别担心迟到的事儿。

Don't worry about 别担心... / 没关系

  • Don't worry about the cost; it's my treat. 别担心钱的事儿,我请客。
  • Don't worry about me, I'll be fine. 别担心我,我会没事的。
  • You should don't worry about the small stuff. 你不该为那些琐碎的小事瞎操心。
Never mind 没关系 / 别介意Never mind the mess, I haven't cleaned up yet. 别介意这乱糟糟的,我还没来得及收拾。
Forget about it 忘掉它吧 / 没关系Forget about it, it wasn't your fault. 别想了,那不是你的错。

Excuse the mess. 屋里有点乱,别介意。

Excuse the mess 屋里乱,请见谅

  • Please excuse the mess; we are renovating the house. 家里正装修呢,乱糟糟的请见谅。
  • Excuse the mess on my desk, I've been very busy. 我桌子上挺乱的,请别介意,最近实在太忙了。
  • Excuse the mess, I just haven't had time to tidy up. 请包涵,我就是还没时间收拾屋子。
A bit cluttered 有点凌乱The room is a bit cluttered right now. 这房间现在看着有点乱。
In a state 一团糟The kitchen was in a state after the party. 派对结束后,厨房乱得一塌糊涂。

I'd like you to meet my sister-in-law Marilyn. 我想让你见见我嫂子玛丽琳。

I'd like you to meet... 我想向你介绍...

  • I'd like you to meet my business partner, John. 我想介绍我的生意伙伴约翰给你认识。
  • I'd like you to meet my parents this weekend. 这周末我想带你见见我父母。
  • Mom, I'd like you to meet my best friend. 妈,我想让你认识一下我最好的朋友。
Let me introduce... 让我介绍...Let me introduce my colleague to you. 让我给你介绍一下我的同事。
This is... 这位是...This is my brother, Mike. 这位是我哥哥迈克。

The restaurant will hold our table. 餐厅会给我们留座位的。

hold a table 留位子 / 保留订座

  • Can you hold a table for four at seven o'clock? 你能帮我预留一张七点钟四个人的桌子吗?
  • How long can you hold our table if we are late? 如果我们迟到了,你们能把位子留多久?
  • They won't hold the table for more than fifteen minutes. 他们留位子的时间不会超过15分钟。
Book a table 订位I'd like to book a table for two, please. 我想预订一张两人的桌子。
Make a reservation 进行预订Did you make a reservation in advance? 你提前预订了吗?

I'd like to call home and leave the number with the baby-sitter. 我想给家里打个电话,把号码留给保姆。

leave something with someone 把某物留在某人处 / 交给某人保管

  • You can leave your luggage with the hotel concierge. 你可以把行李寄存在酒店礼宾部。
  • Please leave your key with the neighbor. 请把钥匙留给邻居。
  • I'll leave my contact details with your assistant. 我会把我的联系方式留给你的助手。
Entrust 委托 / 托付I entrusted my pets to her care. 我把宠物托付给她照顾。
Deposit 存放 / 寄存You can deposit your valuables in the safe. 你可以把贵重物品存在保险箱里。
准备出门 更新于:2026-04-24 06:53:53

I want to leave the phone number of the restaurant. 我想把餐厅的电话留一下。

leave the phone number 留下电话号码

  • Please leave your phone number so we can contact you. 请留下您的电话号码,方便我们联系您。
  • I'll leave my phone number with the receptionist. 我会把我的电话号码留给前台。
  • Don't forget to leave the phone number of your hotel. 别忘了留下你酒店的电话。
Leave a message 留言Please leave a message after the beep. 请在嘀声后留言。
Drop a line 留个字条 / 写封简信Drop me a line when you get to London. 你到伦敦后给我写封信。

I'll be at five five five...seventeen twenty. 拨打555-1720就能找到我。

be at (a number) 在某个号码处(接听/被找到)

  • I will be at this number all afternoon. 我整个下午都会在这个号码这儿。
  • You can be at his office number if he’s not home. 如果他不在家,你可以拨打他办公室的号码。
  • If you need me, I'll be at 555-0199. 如果你需要我,拨打555-0199。
Reach someone at 通过...号码联系到某人You can reach me at my mobile number. 你可以拨打我的手机联系我。
Get hold of 联系上 / 找到I couldn't get hold of him last night. 我昨晚没联系上他。

Well, that's done. 行了,搞定了。

That's done 完成了 / 办妥了

  • Finally, that's done! Now we can rest. 总算搞定了!现在我们可以休息了。
  • Once that's done, we can move to the next step. 一旦那件事办妥,我们就可以进入下一步。
  • Is that done yet? We’re running out of time. 那事儿办好了吗?我们没时间了。
It's a wrap 圆满完成 / 收工Great job, everyone! It's a wrap. 大家干得好!收工了。
Take care of 处理好 / 解决Don't worry, I've taken care of everything. 别担心,我已经把一切都处理好了。

Shall we go? 我们可以走了吗?

Shall we...? 我们要不要...? / ...好吗?(委婉建议)

  • Shall we dance? 我们要不要跳个舞?
  • Shall we start the meeting now? 我们要现在开始开会吗?
  • It's late. Shall we head home? 天晚了,我们回家好吗?
How about...? ...怎么样?How about going to the cinema tonight? 今晚去电影院怎么样?
Why don't we...? 我们为什么不...呢?Why don't we take a break? 我们为什么不歇会儿呢?

Hope to see you again. 希望能再见到你。

hope to do something 希望做某事

  • I hope to travel around the world someday. 我希望有一天能环游世界。
  • We hope to finish the project by Friday. 我们希望在周五前完成这个项目。
  • She hopes to get a promotion this year. 她希望今年能获得升职。
Look forward to 期待(后接动名词)I look forward to meeting you soon. 我期待很快能见到你。
Expect to 预料 / 期待They expect to arrive at noon. 他们预计中午到达。

After you. 您先请。

After you 您先请(礼貌让路或入门)

  • "Please, after you," he said, holding the door open. “请,您先,”他一边开门一边说。
  • No, no, I insist, after you. 不不,我坚持,您先请。
  • After you, sir. I'm in no hurry. 您先请,先生。我不着急。
Ladies first 女士优先Ladies first, please enter the room. 女士优先,请进屋。
Go ahead 请走前面 / 继续Please go ahead, I'll catch up later. 请先走,我待会儿赶上来。