Episode 2 The Blind Date ACT II

介绍会面 第二幕

Watch the video then answer the question: Why is Harry leaving?

[ In a Thai restaurant later that evening. Somsak, the owner of the restaurant, greets Susan and Harry. ]

Somsak: Ah! Miss Stewart! Welcome! How are you?

啊!斯图尔特小姐!欢迎光临!最近好吗?

Susan: Fine, Somsak. And you?

我很好,索姆萨克,你呢?

Somsak: Fine, thank you.

很好,谢谢。

Susan: This is my friend Harry Bennett.

这是我的朋友哈里 • 贝内特。

Harry: Pleased to meet you.

很高兴能认识你。

Somsak: Very nice to meet you. Any friend of Miss Stewart's is welcome at Somsak's. Follow me, please.

认识你我很高兴。凡是斯图尔特小姐的朋友,我索姆萨克餐厅都欢迎。请随我来。

Harry: [ to Susan. ] I like it here.

我喜欢这儿。

Susan: I do, too. I come here often.

我也喜欢。我常来这儿吃饭 。

Somsak: A special place for special people.

款待特别的客人,要有特别的地方。

Susan: Thank you, Somsak. [ Somsak leaves. ]

谢谢你,索姆萨克。

Harry: Well! Nice restaurant.

嗯,餐厅很雅致。

Somsak: [ He returns. ] Would you like something to drink?

想喝点什么呢?

Susan: Yes, I'd like a glass of ginger ale with ice. Harry, what would you like?

对,我想喝一杯加冰块的姜味汽水。哈里,你要喝什么?

Harry: Do you have a dry white wine?

你们有干白葡萄酒吗?

Somsak: How about a California chablis?

加州沙布利酒怎么样?

Harry: Chablis is fine.

沙布利就很好。

Somsak: What would you like to eat?

你们要吃点什么?

Susan: I'd like the mee krob. Harry, would you like to see a menu?

我想要脆米面条(一种来自泰国的脆米面条,通常配以甜酱)。哈里,你要看看菜单么?

Harry: No, it's OK. I'll have the mee krob also.

不用了,这就可以。我也要脆米面条。

Harry:  [ to Susan. ] What is it?

那是什么菜?

Susan: Crispy fried noodles. I love them.

酥脆的泰式脆米粉。我喜欢吃。

Somsak: May I bring you a salad?

要不要给你来点沙拉?

Susan: Oh yes. What do you recommend today?

好啊。你今天推荐什么沙拉?

Somsak: I recommend rose-petal salad. Special for new friends.

我推荐玫瑰花瓣沙拉,特地(特色菜,有双关的意思)为新朋友准备的。

Susan: [ to Harry ] Rose-petal salad?

就吃玫瑰花瓣沙拉,好吗?

Harry: Why not?

有何不可?

Somsak: I'll take care of everything. [ He leaves. ]

我会好好照料一切。

Susan: I hope you're hungry.

我猜你大概饿了。

Harry: What? Oh, yes. Starving. Well, I...

什么?噢,是的。饿极了。我…

Susan: [ at the same time ] Well, I ...

呃,我…

Harry: What do you do at Universe Toy Company?

你在宇宙玩具公司做什么工作?

Susan: I'm the vice-president of new toy development.

我是负责新玩具开发的副总裁。

Harry: Terrific!

真了不起!

Susan: I know you're a CPA.

我知道你是一位会计师。

Harry: That's true. Harry Bennett, certified public accountant. I love numbers. I do some work for Smith and Dale, Your company's accounting firm.

是的。执业会计师(注册会计师)哈里 • 贝内特。我喜爱数字。我给史密斯代尔干一部分活,那是你们公司的会计师事务所。

Susan: And so...

这么一来 …

Harry: Here we are.

所以我们才有缘相见。

Susan: Yes.

是啊。

Harry:  I have a daughter.

我有一个女儿。

Susan: I know. How old is she?

我知道。她多大了?

Harry: She's nine years old.

九岁了。

Susan: That's a nice age. What's her name?

那是个讨人喜欢的年纪。她叫什么名字?

Harry: Michelle.

米歇尔。

Susan: Do you have a picture of her?

你有她的照片吗?

[ Harry shows her a photo. ]

Susan: She's very pretty.

她很漂亮。

Harry: Thank you.

谢谢(夸奖)。

Somsak: [ He arrives with the salad. ] Rose-petal salad. And there's a phone call for you, Mr. Bennett.

玫瑰花瓣沙拉。贝内特先生,有你的电话。

Harry: Excuse me, Susan. [ He leaves the table. ]

对不起,我失陪一下,苏珊。

Susan: [ to Somsak ] I hope nothing is wrong.

我希望没出什么事。

Somsak: I'll get the rest of the dinner. Excuse me.  [ He leaves. ]

我去把晚餐的其余的菜端来。失陪。

Harry:  [ He returns. ] Please forgive me, Susan, but... I have to leave. I feel terrible, but...

请原谅我,苏珊,可是… 我得走了。真是糟糕透了,可是…

Susan: What's the matter?

出什么事?

Harry: My daughter isn't feeling well.

我女儿感到不舒服。

Susan: Oh no! Is it serious?

噢,不会吧。病得严重吗?

Harry: I don't know. The baby-sitter says she has a stomachache, and she's crying. I'll have to go home. Will you forgive me?

我也不知道。临时保姆说她肚子痛,一直在哭。我必须得回家一趟。你能原谅我吗?

Susan: Of course. I'm so sorry for Michelle. And you didn't have a chance to eat.

当然。我很遗憾米歇尔生病了。再说,你还没吃饭呢?

Harry: Oh, it's OK. Let me take you home first.

噢,没关系。先让我送你回家吧。

Susan: No, no. Please, go ahead.

不,不必了。你还是赶紧回去吧。

Harry: It's our first date.

这可是我们的第一次约会呀。

Susan: We'll make another. Please don't worry.

我们下次再约吧,不要过意不去。

Harry:  [ He gets up to leave. ] I'll phone you.

我会给你打电话的。

Susan: I hope your daughter is all right. Good-bye.

我希望你女儿安然无恙。再见。

Harry: Good-bye.

再见。

单词列表

27
accountant/ əˈkaʊntənt /n. 会计师
universe/ ˈjuːnɪvɜːs /n. 宇宙
recommend */ ˌrekəˈmend /v. 推荐
ordering/ ˈɔːdərɪŋ /v. 点餐
follow */ ˈfɒləʊ /v. 跟随
special */ ˈspeʃ(ə)l /n. 特色菜 adj.专门的
ginger/ ˈdʒɪndʒə(r) /n. 生姜味的
ale/ eɪl /n. 麦芽汽水
dry */ draɪ /adj. 苦涩的
also */ ˈɔːlsəʊ /adv. 也;同样地
crispy/ ˈkrɪspi /adj. 酥脆的
salad/ ˈsæləd /n. 沙拉
hope */ həʊp /v. 猜想
starving/ ˈstɑːvɪŋ /n. 饿
development */ dɪˈveləpmənt /n. 开发
company */ ˈkʌmpəni /n. 公司
CPA/ ˌsiː piː ˈeɪ /n. 注册会计师(Certified Public Accountant)
number */ ˈnʌmbə(r) /n. 数字
accounting/ əˈkaʊntɪŋ /n. 会计顾问
firm */ fɜːm /n. 事务所
forgive */ fəˈɡɪv /v. 原谅
terrible */ ˈterəb(ə)l /adj. 令人讨厌
serious */ ˈsɪəriəs /adj. 严重的
stomachache/ ˈstʌməkeɪk /n. 胃疼
chance */ tʃɑːns /n. 机会
worry */ ˈwʌri /n. 担心
phone */ fəʊn /v. 打电话