Episode 2 The Blind Date ACT I

介绍会面 第一幕

Watch the video then answer the question: Will Harry find Susan's apartment?

[ On a street in downtown Manhattan. Harry Bennett is carrying some flowers. He takes out a piece of paper from his pocket. It reads, 'Susan Stewart, 83 Wooster Street, phone 555-9470, 8:00 P.M.' Harry stops to talk to a street vendor. He asks him for directions. ]

Harry: Excuse me. Can you help me?

劳驾,向你打听个事儿,行吗?

Vendor: Sure, what do you want?

行啊,什么事?

Harry: Where is 83 Wooster Street?

伍斯特大街 83 号怎么走?

Vendor: That's easy. [ He points. ] Walk to the corner. Then make a left turn. Then walk two blocks to the traffic light. Make another left to Wooster.

好找。走到拐角处,然后向左拐,接着再走两条街到红绿灯那儿,再向左拐就到伍斯特大街了。

Harry: Thank you. To the corner and then a left?

谢谢你。走到拐角处向左转,对吗?

Vendor: Yeah. A left. Hot dog? Only seventy-five cents.

是的,向左转。来份热狗吧?才 75 美分。

Harry: No. Thank you. I have a dinner date.

谢谢,不了。我与人约好一起吃晚饭的。

[ A little later. Harry is still lost. He goes to a pay phone and dials Susan's telephone number. ]

Harry: 555-9470... and it's busy. ... Try again. 555-9470... and it's still busy.

555-9470… 占线…,再试一次。555-9470… …还是占线。

Harry: [ He walks to a grocery store to ask for directions. ] Excuse me, ma'am. I'm looking for 83 Wooster Street.

打扰一下,太太。请问伍斯特街 83 号怎么走?

Woman: Yes. Wooster Street is two blocks, and 83 is to the right, about two houses.

噢,伍斯特大街离这儿有两个街区,83 号在右边,大约再走两户人家就到了。

Harry: Thank you, thank you!

谢谢你,谢谢你哦!

Woman: You're welcome.

不用谢。

[ A few minutes later. Harry finds Wooster Street. He rings the buzzer to Susan's apartment. ]

Susan: [ at the intercom ] Who is it?

是谁呀?

Harry: Harry Bennett. Is this Susan?

哈里 • 贝内特。是苏珊吗?

Susan: Yes, it is. Come up. I'm on the top floor.

是我,请上楼吧。我住在顶层的。

Susan: [ She opens the door. ] Hello, Harry. It's nice to meet you.

你好,哈里。很高兴见到你。

Harry: Nice to meet you, Susan. [ He gives her the flowers. ] Sorry I'm late. The traffic. The parking. I was lost.

很高兴见到你,苏珊。很抱歉我迟到了。交通太拥挤了,又找不到停车的地方,我又迷路了!

Susan: What pretty flowers! Thank you. Oh, please come in. Don't worry about being late. It's fine.

花儿真美!谢谢你。噢,请进屋里来。迟到点儿不用往心里去,没有关系的。

Susan: Excuse the mess. I just moved here. Oh, I'd like you to meet my sister-in-law Marilyn. Marilyn Stewart, this is Harry Bennett.

抱歉,屋里乱得很,我才搬来不久。噢,我来介绍你认识一下我的嫂子玛丽琳。玛丽琳 • 斯图尔特,这是哈里 • 贝内特。

Harry: Pleased to meet you.

很高兴认识你。

Marilyn: Nice to meet you, Harry.

我也很高兴认识你,哈里。

Harry: Are we too late for our dinner reservation?

我们预订的晚餐,现在去是不是太晚了?

Susan: No, the restaurant will hold our table. I know the owner very well. I eat there a lot.

不晚,餐厅会保留我们的席位。我和老板很熟。我常在那儿吃饭。

Harry: Do you know the phone number of the restaurant? I'd like to call home and leave the number with the baby-sitter.

你知道那家餐厅的电话号码么?我想打电话回家把餐厅的电话告诉临时保姆。

Susan: Sure. The number is... five five five...seventeen twenty.

没问题,号码是 555 - 1720。

Harry: May I use the phone?

我可以用一下电话吗?

[ Susan indicates yes. ]

Harry: Five five five...one seven two oh. Hello? Hi, Michelle. It's Daddy. Can I speak to Betty?  I want to leave the phone number of the restaurant...

555 - 1720,喂? 嗨,米歇尔。我是爸爸。请让贝蒂接电话,好吗? 我想把餐厅的电话号码告诉她 ...

Harry: Hi, Betty. I'll be at five five five...seventeen twenty. OK. Thanks. See you later.

嗨,贝蒂。我要去的地方的电话号码是 555 - 1720。对,谢谢。一会见。

Harry: [ He hangs up. ] Well, that's done. Shall we go?

好了,搞定了。咱们走吧?

Susan: I'm ready. See you later, Marilyn.

我准备好了。玛丽琳,一会儿再见。

Marilyn: Have a nice evening.

祝你们今晚愉快。

Harry: Bye, Marilyn. Hope to see you again.

再见,玛丽琳。希望能再次见到你。

Marilyn: Me, too. Have fun!

我也是。好好玩吧!

Susan: Thanks.

谢谢。

Harry: After you.

请先走。

单词列表

11
corner */ ˈkɔːnə(r) /n. 拐角
block */ blɒk /n. 街区
date */ deɪt /n. 约会
parking/ ˈpɑːkɪŋ /n. 停车
mess */ mes /n. 混乱
sister-in-law/ ˈsɪstər ɪn lɔː /n. 嫂子
pleased/ pliːzd /adj. 高兴的
reservation/ ˌrezəˈveɪʃn /n. 预定
hold */ həʊld /v. 保持、保留
baby-sitter/ 'bebɪˌsɪtə /n. 临时保姆
leave */ liːv /v. 留下