精讲课 笔记随视频锁定
过程

右侧笔记支持独立滚动。边听名师连读拆解,边对照右侧的语法事实与统计数据笔记。

I had no sooner got off the ship than I was assailed by a man who wanted to sell me a diamond ring.

no sooner ... than ... 刚一... 就... No sooner had I got off the ship than I was assailed ... 引起部分倒装
hardly / barely / scarcely ... when / before ... 刚一... 就...
  • I had hardly got off the ship when I was assailed ... 替换
  • Hardly had I got off the ship when I was assailed ...引起部分倒装

get off the bus / ship / plane 下公共汽车/轮船/飞机

  • I had no sooner disembarked from the ship than ... 替换(上段出现了)

get on the bus / ship / plane 上公共汽车/轮船/飞机

  • get into the car / taxi 因为站不直
  • get out of the car / taxi 从小型交通工具里出来
...than I was harried / harassed / pestered by a man who ... assailed 的替换

I had no intention of buying one, but I could not conceal the fact that I was impressed by the size of the diamonds.

have no intention of doing sth. 无意做某事:表示对某事没有打算、计划或意愿。 I have no intention of allowing you to continue living here alone. 我不打算让你继续独自生活在这里。
not intend to do sth. 不打算做某事
..., but the man must have noticed that I was ... 替换为过去的推测
..., but I could not deny that I was ... 替换为“不能否认这样一个事实”
..., but I had to admit / acknowledge that I was ...替换为“不得不承认”
造句:I had no intention of working for the company, but I could not conceal the fact that I was impressed by the handsome salary they offered. 我当时并没有打算在这家公司工作,但我不能掩饰这样一个事实:他们提供的丰厚的薪水给我留下了深刻的印象。

The man went to great lengths to prove that the diamonds were real.

go to great lengths to do 不遗余力地(竭尽全力地)努力做某事

  • They have gone to great lengths to make us feel welcome.

do / try one's best to do 尽力做好某事

do / try one's utmost to do 尽全力做某事

  • You play to win, and the game has little meaning unless you do your utmost to win. NCE4-6

do everything / all one can to do 做一切能做的事

  • She will do everything to ensure her children receive a good education.
  •  He did all he could to finish the project on time.

give one's all to do 全力以赴

  • She gave her all to make the event a success.

spare no effort to do 尽某人最大努力:表示不遗余力地去做某事,全力以赴。

  • They spared no effort to make the campaign a success.
  • China will spare no effort to realize peaceful reunification.

go all out to do 全力以赴去做

  • You must go all out to win the game.你们想赢得这场比赛,一定要全力以赴。

As we were walking past a shop, he held a diamond firmly against the window and made a deep impression in the glass.

have / get the impression that ... 给人的印象是…

  • We never spoke about this but I have the impression that she was jealous. 虽然我们都没有说出但是我注意到她是怕失去我。

be under the impression that ... 觉得、以为、认为(强调感觉是错的)

in the glass 在玻璃里面...

  • He hit me on the nose. 打鼻子上(如果凹进去就挂了...)
  • He hit me in the face. 打脸上(凹进去了)
  • If you are lucky enough to get a sleeper, you spend half the night staring at the small blue light in the ceiling, ... NCE3-44

It took me over half an hour to get rid of him.

I took over half an hour to get rid of him. 人做主语花时间(正确的)
  • I spent over half an hour (in) getting rid of him. spend 的主语只能是人
get rid of sb. 打发某人走、干掉某人(弄死某人) I began to suspect (that) they were trying to get rid of me. 我开始觉察出,他们试图摆脱掉我。
dispose of sb. 打发某人走、除掉某人 There is no quicker method of disposing of patients than by giving them what they are asking for, ... NCE4-28