Episode 20 Quality Time ACT II

黄金时间 第二幕

Watch the video then answer the question:

Ellen: Hello there, Robbie.

嗨,罗比。

Ellen: What are you doing up this late?

这么晚了还没睡,在干什么呢?

Robbie: Reading.

在看书。

Ellen: Reading?

看书?

Ellen: At this hour?

在这个时间?

Ellen: Ah, come on, Robbie.

啊,别打马虎眼了,罗比。

Ellen: What are you doing up this late?

这么晚不睡到底在干嘛?

Robbie: Things on my mind.

心里在想些事情。

Ellen: Do you care to talk about them?

你想聊聊吗?

Robbie: Sure,

当然,

Robbie: if you don't mind listening.

如果您不介意听的话。

Ellen: Robbie, Robbie, remember me?

罗比,罗比,还记得我吗?

Ellen: I'm your mother.

我是你妈妈呀。

Ellen: If you have something you want to talk about,

如果你有什么想聊的,

Ellen: I'm always prepared to listen.

我随时都愿意倾听。

Robbie: You haven't been around much lately.

您最近都不怎么在家。

Ellen: So that's it.

原来是为这个。

Ellen: OK, let's talk.

好,咱们谈谈。

Robbie: You and Dad are like ships that pass in the night.

您和爸爸就像黑夜中擦肩而过的船。

Robbie: Dad works hard, and he works late.

爸爸工作很辛苦,加班到很晚。

Robbie: You work hard on all your committees,

您忙于各种委员会的工作,

Robbie: and you work late.

也忙到很晚。

Ellen: I thought you were proud of the work I do.

我还以为你为我所做的工作感到自豪呢。

Robbie: I am, Mom.

我是挺自豪的,妈妈。

Robbie: Real proud.

真的。

Robbie: You are one fantastic mom,

您是一位了不起的母亲。

Robbie: but ... but I've been noticing

但是……但是我注意到,

Robbie: how little quality time

您和爸爸、和我……以及全家人一起度过的

Robbie: you spend with Dad and me ... and the family.

高质量时光太少了。

Ellen: It's a real problem, Robbie.

这确实是个问题,罗比。

Ellen: I know it.

我知道。

Ellen: I'm concerned.

我也很担心。

Robbie: There must be a way

肯定得想个办法,

Robbie: that Dad and you can spend more time together.

让您和爸爸能有更多时间待在一起。

Ellen: Well, we always talk about

嗯,我们总说要

Ellen: taking a vacation together--with the family.

全家一起去度假。

Robbie: I think you ought to

我觉得你们应该

Robbie: take a vacation away from the family--alone.

离开家人,单独去度假。

Robbie: Kind of a second honeymoon.

就像是二次蜜月。

Ellen: It would be wonderful,

那太美妙了,

Ellen: but our schedules won't allow it.

但我们的作息时间不允许。

Robbie: I think I have an idea.

我想我有个主意。

Ellen: You do?

是吗?

Robbie: Yup.

嗯。

Robbie: I think I have an idea

我想我有个法子,

Robbie: that will bring Dad and you

能让您和爸爸

Robbie: together in a more scheduled way.

能有计划地聚在一起。

Ellen: What is it?

是什么?

Robbie: Well,

那个,

Robbie: you know how Dad is always talking about

您知道爸爸总是在谈论

Robbie: the kids in the ward

病房里的孩子,

Robbie: and how important it is for them to be paid attention to?

说关注他们是多么重要。

Ellen: Yes.

是的。

Robbie: Well ...

那么……

Robbie: and how hard it is

而且他说这有多难,

Robbie: because the doctors and nurses are so busy?

因为医生和护士都太忙了。

Ellen: Yes.

是的。

Robbie: Well, how would it be if you took some time

那如果您花点时间

Robbie: to work with Dad towards solving that problem?

和爸爸一起去解决这个问题,怎么样?

Ellen: I don't get it.

我不明白。

Robbie: Like setting up a regular weekly reading program.

比如建立一个每周定期的阅读计划。

Robbie: You and Dad.

您和爸爸一起。

Robbie: You and Dr. Philip Stewart--

您和菲利普·斯图尔特医生——

Robbie: going to the children's ward once or twice a week

每周去一两次小儿科病房

Robbie: and reading to them.

给孩子们读书。

Ellen: Not bad.

不错。

Ellen: Not a bad idea, Robbie.

罗比,这主意真不赖。

Ellen: As a matter of fact,

事实上,

Ellen: it fits right in with something I'm working on right now

这和我目前在学校董事会委员会

Ellen: with the school-board committee.

做的一项工作正吻合。

Robbie: What's that?

是什么工作?

Ellen: I've been trying

我一直试图

Ellen: to work out a program

在公立学校制定一个计划,

Ellen: in the public school

让家长和老师每周聚在一起一次,

Ellen: that will bring parents and teachers together once a week

给学生们——其实就是他们自己的孩子读书。

Ellen: to read to the students--their own children, really.

Ellen: By doing that, it will encourage reading.

通过这种方式来鼓励阅读。

Ellen: So it might fit in with a program

所以这正好可以和

Ellen: for reading to the kids in the hospital.

给医院的孩子读书的计划结合起来。

Robbie: You're right.

您说得对。

Ellen: We'll do it!

我们就这么办!

Ellen: I'm going to talk to Daddy about it right now.

我现在就去跟爸爸谈谈。

Robbie: But Dad was so exhausted when he came home from work.

可爸爸下班回来时已经累坏了。

Robbie: Why don't you talk to him about it tomorrow?

何不明天再跟他谈呢?

Ellen: You are a very smart young man, Robbie.

罗比,你真是个聪明的年轻人。

Ellen: I think I'll wait until tomorrow.

我想还是等到明天吧。

Robbie: You won't forget, will you?

您不会忘了吧?

Ellen: Believe me, I won't.

相信我,我不会的。

Ellen: It is a great idea,

这是个很棒的主意,

Ellen: and I promise you I won't forget.

我向你保证我不会忘。

Robbie: Thanks, Mom.

谢谢,妈妈。

Ellen: Thank you, Robbie.

谢谢你,罗比。

单词列表

0