Episode 19 I Do ACT I

我愿意 第一幕

Today Susan Stewart and Harry Bennett are getting married. Coming up at Act One, Harry gets ready. Philip tries to help Harry with his bow tie. Harry is very nervous and Grandpa tries to calm him down. Later, Harry worries that he has lost something important. Will Harry find the wedding rings?

[ In a room where the men are getting ready for the wedding. Harry, Philip, Richard, Robbie, and Grandpa are struggling with their bow ties. ]

Harry: It looks wrong.

看起来不对劲。

Philip: Hmmm. It is wrong.

唔,确实不对。

Richard: Are they always that difficult to make?

系领带总是这么难吗?

Philip: The truth is... yes. I'll try again.

说实话……是的。我再试试。

Robbie: At this rate, the wedding will take place tomorrow.

照这个速度,婚礼得明天才能举行了。

Philip: Not to worry. OK. Here we go.

别担心。好,我们再来。

Harry: I'm worried, Philip. What if we can't tie the tie?

我好担心啊,菲利普。万一咱们系不好领带怎么办?

Richard: If we can't tie the tie, then there can't be a wedding.

要是系不好领带,那这婚可就结不成了。

Robbie: You'd better not make Harry any more nervous than he is. Don't worry. We'll figure a way.

你最好别让哈利更紧张了。别担心,总会有办法的。

Grandpa: How're you doing, fellas?

小伙子们,进展怎么样啦?

Harry: Not so good, Grandpa. We can't get this bow tie tied. Nobody knows how to do it. Do you?

太糟糕了,爷爷。我们怎么也系不好这个领结。谁都不会弄,您会吗?

Grandpa: No. I never could, either.

不会。我以前也从来不会。

Philip: Well, you have your own tuxedo. How do you tie your bow tie?

可是,您自己也有一套燕尾服。您的领结是怎么系的?

Robbie: Yeah, Grandpa, I've seen you in it. You look great. How do you tie it?

对啊,爷爷,我见您穿过,帅呆了。您是怎么系上的?

Grandpa: I don't.

我没系过呀。

Richard: You don't?

您没系过?

Harry: What do you mean?

您这话什么意思?

Grandpa: I never could tie one of those... things... bow ties. I have always worn a clip-on bow tie.

我从来都不会系那种……什么东西……领结。我一直戴的都是夹扣式领结。

Harry: A clip-on?

夹扣式的?

Philip: Of course. Now I remember.

噢,对哦。我记起来了。

Grandpa: Yes, it's so easy. All you do is clip it around under your collar.

对啊,可简单了。只要把它夹在衣领下面就行了。

Richard: We all need one of those.

我们全都需要一个这玩意儿。

Robbie: The tuxedo rental store. Do you think they're open?

租礼服的店。你们觉得他们现在开门吗?

Philip: Should be. Sunday's their big day.

应该开门吧。星期天可是他们生意最火的时候。

Richard: I'll call and find out.

我打个电话问问。

Grandpa: Well, if they're not, I'll lend you mine, Harry. You're the only one who really needs to be wearing a tuxedo, anyway.

嗨,如果没开门,哈利,我把我的借给你。反正只有你才是真正非穿礼服不可的人。

Harry: Thanks, Grandpa.

谢谢您,爷爷。

Philip: I'm the father of the bride. I'm supposed to be worried about my daughter, and here I am with the man that's marrying my daughter—worrying about him.

我可是新娘的父亲。按理说我该操心我女儿才对,可现在我倒好,跟这个要娶我女儿的男人呆在一块儿——净替他操心了。

Grandpa: Poor Harry. I know the feeling. Wedding-day jitters.

可怜的哈利。我懂这种感觉。结婚当天的焦虑症。

Robbie: Are they open?

开门吗?

Richard: We're in luck. They're open. And they have lots of clip-on bow ties.

我们走运了。开门呢,而且他们有好多夹扣式领结。

Robbie: I'll bicycle down to the village and get them.

我骑车去村里一趟,把它们拿回来。

Harry: You'd better hurry, Robbie.

你最好快点,罗比。

Grandpa: There's lots of time. A little over two hours.

时间还早着呢。还有两小时多一点呢。

Harry: In two hours and fifteen minutes I'll be married to Susan.

再过两小时十五分钟,我就要和苏珊结婚了。

Philip: And be a true member of the Stewart family.

并且成为斯图尔特家族真正的成员。

Grandpa: Oh, you're a lucky guy, Harry. Susan is one of the best women you'll ever find. She's just like her grandma.

噢,你这小子真有福气,哈利。苏珊绝对是你所能找到最好的女孩之一。她简直跟她奶奶一模一样。

Richard: Now, once you put the ring on Susan's finger, you are one of us, Harry. And don't ever forget it.

听着,一旦你把戒指戴在苏珊的手指上,你就是我们自己人了,哈利。永远别忘了这一点。

Harry: Ring? Ring? Oh my! What did I do with the rings? I put them in the pocket of my sports jacket.

戒指?戒指?天哪!戒指让我放哪儿了?我明明放进运动夹克的口袋里了啊。

Richard: No, I think you put them in your tuxedo jacket pocket. Remember?

不,我觉得你是放进西装礼服口袋里了。不记得了吗?

Harry: Right. What did I do with the rings?

对哦。那戒指到底让我放哪儿了?

Philip: Didn't you give them to Richard? He's your best man. I remember. You gave them to Richard.

你不是交给他理查德了吗?他是伴郎啊。我记得的,你把戒指交给理查德了。

Richard: Oh, yeah. I remember now. You handed them to me. What did I do with them?

哦,对。我想起来了。你是交给我了。那我又放哪儿了呢?

Harry: I hope they aren't lost.

但愿没弄丢。

Grandpa: Oh, don't worry, Harry. They have to be here.

哎呀,别担心,哈利。戒指肯定就在这儿。

Richard: I remember. I gave them to Robbie to hold so I wouldn't lose them.

我想起来了。我又交给罗比保管了,免得我给弄丢。

Philip: Relax, Harry. Robbie went to pick up the clip-on bow ties.

哈利,放松点。 罗比去取夹扣领带了。

Harry: Oh, I forget. What time is it?

噢,我都糊涂了。现在几点啦?

Grandpa: It's still a little over two hours, Harry. Just relax.

还有两小时多呢,哈利。放松点。

Harry: What about the rings?

那戒指怎么办啊?

Richard: I'm sure Robbie has them.

我敢肯定在罗比那儿。

Harry: No, NO, Robbie doesn't have them. He gave them to me to hold on to them because he didn't want the responsibility of holding them. I put them in my tuxedo but in the lapel pocket. That's a relief. I was really worried.

不,不,罗比根本不在他那儿。他又把戒指交回给我保管了,因为他不想承担保管戒指的责任。然后我把它们放进礼服的翻领口袋里了。谢天谢地。我刚刚可真急坏了。

Richard: I'll hold on to them for you. The best man always keeps the rings.

还是我来替你保管吧。伴郎本来就该保管戒指。

Harry: You're right. You're right. You hold on to them so there won't be a problem later.

你说得对。你说得对。你帮我收着吧,免得待会儿又出什么岔子。

Philip: Well, now, I think we'd better get dressed, fellas.

好啦,小伙子们,我觉得咱们得赶紧换衣服了。

Grandpa: All right!

好嘞!

Richard: Robbie will bring the ties back.

罗比一会儿就把领结拿回来了。

Harry: Hey, leaving me?

喂,你们这就扔下我不管啦?

Grandpa: You'll be fine.

你没事的。

Philip: Try to take it easy. It'll all be over in two hours.

放轻松点。再过两个小时,这一切就全结束了。

Harry: Over?

结束?

Grandpa: The wedding ceremony will be over. You'll be husband and wife.

婚礼仪式就结束啦。你们就是合法夫妻了。

Harry: I guess you're right. Two hours from now. Two hours from now.

也是哈。还有两小时。从现在开始算,就剩两小时了。

本课重点词汇

0 个相关单词