Episode 18 Making a Difference ACT II

当仁不让 第二幕

Watch the video then answer the question:

Robbie: Here are the fliers, hot off the press!

传单来了,刚印出来的!

Ellen: Looks good.

看起来很棒。

Richard: Simple.

简洁明了。

Robbie: Right over here, Grandpa.

请到这儿来,爷爷。

Robbie: You fold the fliers.

您来折传单。

Robbie: Richard and I will put them into the envelopes.

我和理查德把它们装进信封。

Alexandra: We finished addressing over three hundred envelopes.

我们已经写好三百多个信封的地址了。

Richard: Need another box?

需要另一个纸箱吗?

Ellen: Good work, gang.

干得漂亮,伙伴们。

Mike: Hi, this is Mike Johnson.

嗨,我是迈克·约翰逊。

Mike: Can I speak with Mr. or Mrs. Anderson?

我可以和安德森先生或太太通话吗?

Mike: Thanks.

谢谢。

Robbie: Mr. Nelson.

尼尔森先生。

Robbie: Hi. This is Robbie Stewart.

您好,我是罗比·斯图尔特。

Robbie: Did you know

您知道吗

Robbie: my mother is running for the school board?

我母亲正在竞选学校董事会董事。

Mike: Yes, Miss Kim, Ellen Stewart.

是的,金小姐,是艾伦·斯图尔特。

Mike: "She cares."

“她关心大家。”

Robbie: Oh, see you at the polls.

噢,投票站见。

Robbie: Certainly.

当然可以。

Robbie: I'll give her your best wishes,

我会转达您的祝福,

Robbie: Mr. Nelson.

尼尔森先生。

Mike: Hi, this is Mike Johnson.

嗨,我是迈克·约翰逊。

Mike: Can I speak with Mr. or Mrs. Burns?

我可以和伯恩斯先生或太太通话吗?

Mike: Thank you.

谢谢你。

Ellen: We have done so much

我们在这么短的时间内

Ellen: in such a short amount of time.

已经做了这么多工作。

Ellen: I can't believe it!

我简直不敢相信!

Ellen: Wait till Philip comes home and sees our progress.

等菲利普回来看到我们的进展,一定会大吃一惊。

Ellen: Everyone saw the story in the Riverdale newspaper.

大家都看到里弗代尔报纸上的报道了。

Ellen: Mr. Maxwell was very kind

麦克斯韦先生人很好,

Ellen: to print my announcement.

刊登了我竞选的消息。

Ellen: It helps enormously.

这对我帮助极大。

Ellen: Everybody in Riverdale reads his paper.

里弗代尔的每个人都会读他的报纸。

Richard: Your photo in it helped, too.

报上的那张照片也起了不少作用。

Ellen: Thanks to you, Richard,

多亏了你,理查德,

Ellen: it's a good picture.

那是一张很棒的照片。

Philip: Well, hi, all.

噢,大家好。

Robbie: Hi, Dad.

你好,爸爸。

Ellen: Hello, darling.

哈,亲爱的。

Philip: May I ... may I help?

我能……我能帮点忙吗?

Robbie: Licking envelopes.

粘信封。

Grandpa: I fold the fliers.

我折传单。

Alexandra: We stuff them.

我们装信封。

Philip: And I lick the envelopes.

那我就负责粘信封。

Robbie: Hey, everybody,

嘿,大家听着,

Robbie: Mrs. Greenberg is on the phone.

格林伯格太太打来电话说

Robbie: She says Carter Boswell is on the TV right now--

卡特·博斯韦尔现在正上电视——

Robbie: doing a commercial.

在做竞选广告。

Richard: What channel?

哪个频道?

Robbie: Five.

5频道。

Richard: Five?

5频道?

Boswell: ... and if you ask what I care about, I'll tell you.

……如果你问我关心什么,我会告诉你。

Boswell: I care about the school buildings in need of paint.

我关心学校大楼是否需要粉刷。

Boswell: I care about more lockers for the teachers.

我关心给老师们增加储物柜。

Boswell: I care about new fixtures in the hallways--

我关心走廊里的新灯具——

Boswell: not music or dancing or entertainment.

而不是音乐、舞蹈或娱乐。

Boswell: I care about the practical things.

我关心的是实际的事物。

Boswell: If you do, vote for me, Carter Boswell.

如果你也有同感,请投我卡特·博斯韦尔一票。

Ellen: A lot of people will agree with him.

很多人会赞同他的观点。

Robbie: I told you.

我就说嘛。

Robbie: Too bad kids can't vote.

可惜小孩儿不能投票。

Robbie: It's our school, but we can't vote.

那是我们的学校,我们却没法投票。

Richard: There are people in favor of the cultural programs, Mom.

妈妈,肯定也有人支持文化项目的。

Philip: There are, Ellen.

确实如此,艾伦。

Philip: Don't be upset by Boswell's commercial.

别被博斯韦尔的广告搞得心烦意乱。

Philip: You have to go on television, too.

你也应该上电视。

Richard: Boswell's a powerful speaker.

博斯韦尔是个很有煽动力的演讲者。

Philip: You can be, too.

你也可以。

Philip: Your ideas are good ones.

你的想法非常出色。

Ellen: I don't know.

我不确定。

Ellen: I'm not sure I'm up to it.

我不太确定自己能不能行。

单词列表

0