Episode 15 Second Honeymoon ACT II

二度蜜月 第二幕

[ Late Friday night. It is raining. The hotel clerk shows Marilyn and Richard to their room at the Old Country Inn. ]

Clerk: Right this way, Mr. and Mrs. Stewart. Well, it's small, but clean.

这边请,斯图尔特先生、斯图尔特太太。虽然小了点,但还算干净。

Richard: Clean? You call this clean?

干净?这地方也能叫干净?

Clerk: Have a nice stay. [ He leaves. ]

祝你们入住愉快。

Richard: Thank you. [ to Marilyn ] I don't believe this. Well, it isn't the Watermill Inn, but let's get a look at the view. [ He opens the shutters. ]

谢谢。我真不敢相信。算了,虽然这里不是 Watermill Inn(水磨房客栈),不过还是先看看窗外的景色吧。

Marilyn: How is the view?

景色怎么样?

Richard: Great, if you enjoy looking at a parking lot.

棒极了,如果你喜欢看停车场的话。

Marilyn: Well, maybe we'll see the view in the morning. Right now, we should clean up this room.

没关系,也许明天早上就能看到风景了。现在我们还是先把房间收拾一下吧。

[ They begin to clean the room. ]

Richard: Sorry, Marilyn.

对不起,玛丽琳。

Marilyn: Why should you be sorry?

你为什么要道歉?

Richard: Well, the rain, the room, the view of the parking lot.  It isn't the way I hoped it would be.

这场雨、这个房间,还有窗外的停车场景色,都不是我原本期待的样子。

Marilyn: Stop blaming yourself. After all, we're here, we're alone, we're together. And I love you. Isn't that enough?

别再怪自己了。毕竟我们已经来到这里了,能单独待在一起,而且彼此相爱。这样还不够吗?

Richard: It is for me, but I wanted this weekend to be special for you.

对我来说当然够了,可我希望这个周末对你来说是特别的。

Marilyn: It is special. Happy anniversary. [ She kisses him. ]

它本来就很特别。结婚纪念日快乐。

[ The next morning. Richard is still upset about the weather and the room at the Old Country Inn. ]

Richard: It's still raining. I want to play tennis.

雨还在下呢。我本来还想打网球。

Marilyn: I want some breakfast. Let's call room service and order a nice breakfast, and then we'll figure out what to do today.

我想吃早餐了。打电话叫客房送餐吧,点一顿丰盛的早餐,然后再商量今天做什么。

Richard: Right. [ He goes to the telephone. ] Would you give me room service, please? I beg your pardon? Oh, I see. 

好。请帮我接客房送餐部,好吗?不好意思,你说什么?哦,我明白了。

Richard: [ He hangs up. ] They don't have room service at Old Country Inn.

Old Country Inn(老乡村旅馆)根本没有客房送餐服务。

Marilyn: Well, let's go down to the coffee shop.

那我们去楼下咖啡厅吧。

Richard: They don't have a coffee shop. We can get our meals at Mrs. Montefiore's down the road.

他们连咖啡厅都没有。我们只能去路那头蒙特菲奥里太太那家旅馆吃饭。

[ They laugh. ]

Marilyn: That's OK, honey.  I love walking in the rain.

没关系,亲爱的。我本来就喜欢在雨里散步。

Richard: Oh, you're being a really good sport about this, Marilyn, but I think we should face the truth.

玛丽琳,你真是太体贴,不过我觉得我们还是得面对现实。

Marilyn: What's that?

什么现实?

Richard: This is not the way to spend our fifth anniversary.

这根本不是我们该有的五周年纪念日。

Marilyn: Well, what do you want to do?

那你想怎么办?

Richard: Why don't we get in the car and drive home?

要不我们开车回家吧?

Marilyn: Oh, Richard, it really isn't that bad.

噢,理查德,真的没那么糟糕。

Richard: [ He hugs her. ] Do you want to stick it out for the whole weekend?

你真的打算在这儿硬熬一整个周末?

Marilyn: Well, I'll admit the room is uncomfortable.

好吧,我承认这房间住着确实浑身不舒服。

Richard: Uh-hum.

嗯哼。

Marilyn: And I do feel bad about your mother having to take care of the baby all weekend.

而且让你妈妈整个周末帮我们照顾宝宝,我心里也过意不去。

Richard: Why don't we just check out?

那我们干脆退房吧?

Marilyn: OK.

好吧。

[ The telephone rings. ]

Marilyn: Hello? Yes. Yes, this is she. Oh, hello! How nice of you to remember us! Yes, my husband did call. You do? Really? It won't be any trouble? Oh, yes, I think we'd like that very much. Fifteen minutes! Thank you. Good-bye. [ She hangs up, turns to Richard, and smiles. ] You will never guess.

喂?是的,是我。噢,你好!你还记得我们,真是太贴心了!是的,我丈夫确实打过电话。真的吗?真的有吗?不会太麻烦吧?噢,好啊,我想我们非常愿意。十五分钟后?谢谢你。再见。你绝对猜不到发生了什么。

Richard: Uh ... I give up.

别卖关子了… 我猜不出来。

Marilyn: Mrs. Montefiore from the Watermill Inn.

是 Watermill Inn(水磨房客栈) 的蒙特菲奥里太太打来的。

Richard: What is she calling about?

她打电话来做什么?

Marilyn: They have an opening. Someone just checked out. and Mrs. Montefiore has reserved the honeymoon suite for us.

有人退房了,空出了一间房。而且蒙特菲奥里太太已经替我们预留了蜜月套房。

Richard: You're kidding!

你不是在开玩笑吧!

Marilyn: No. Isn't it wonderful?

当然不是。这不是太棒了吗?

Richard: It's fantastic! Oh. Now all it has to do is stop raining. Let's go.

太好了!现在只差雨停了。走吧!

[ They kiss, gather their bags, and leave. ]

本课重点词汇

10 个相关单词

blaming

/ ˈbleɪmɪŋ / n. 责备

order *

/ ˈɔːdə(r) / v. 点餐,订购

figure out

/ ˈfɪɡə(r) aʊt / v. 解决

sport *

/ spɔːt / n. 开朗大度的人

stick out

/ stik aut / v. 坚持到底

check out

/ tʃek aʊt / v. 退房

opening

/ ˈəʊpənɪŋ / n. 空缺的房间、职位

reserved

/ rɪˈzɜːvd / v. 保留, 留存

suite

/ swiːt / n. 套房

kidding

/ ˈkɪdɪŋ / n. 开玩笑