Episode 15 Second Honeymoon ACT III

二度蜜月 第三幕

[ At the Watermill Inn. The innkeeper, Mrs. Montefiore, takes Marilyn and Richard into the honeymoon suite. ]

Innkeeper: Welcome to the Watermill Inn.

欢迎来到沃特米尔旅馆(水磨坊客栈)。

Marilyn: Oh, Richard, it's exactly as it was when we were married!

噢,理查德,这里跟我们刚结婚时一模一样!

Innkeeper: And when I got married.

也跟我结婚时一模一样。

Marilyn: Even the old patchwork quilt is the same!

连这床老式拼布被(传统百衲被)都还是老样子!

Innkeeper: My great-grandmother made that quilt when Teddy Roosevelt was President. In those days, when they made quilts, they cut patches from the old clothing of every member in the family so that each one would be a part of it.

这床被子是我曾祖母在泰迪·罗斯福总统执政时期缝制的。那时候做百家被,大家会从家里每个人的旧衣服上剪下一块碎布缝进去,这样一来,每一个家人就都成了这床被子的一部分。

Marilyn: What a lovely tradition!

真是个美好的传统!

Richard: Thank you for calling us.

谢谢你特地打电话通知我们。

Innkeeper: I remember you and your wife from the first time you stayed with us.

从你们第一次来这里住的时候起,我就一直记得你和你太太。

Richard: We were very young.

那时候我们还很年轻。

Innkeeper: And very much in love.

而且爱得如胶似漆。

Marilyn: We have a baby now.

我们现在有宝宝了。

Innkeeper: How wonderful! A boy or a girl?

太好了!是男孩还是女孩?

Marilyn: A boy--Max.

是个男孩,叫马克斯。

Innkeeper: Do you have a picture?

有他的照片吗?

Richard: Would a professional photographer be without a picture? [ He takes out his wallet of photographs and shows her pictures of the baby. ]

一个专业摄影师怎么会没有照片呢?

Innkeeper: Oh, he's adorable!

哦,他太可爱了!

Richard: And very bright.

而且特别聪明。

Marilyn: Like his father. A real Stewart.

像他爸爸一样,十足是个斯图尔特家的人。

Richard: And very good-looking, like his mother.

长得也很帅,像他妈妈。

Innkeeper: Well, it's nice to have you with us again. Next time, bring the baby.

很高兴你们又来了。下次把宝宝也带来吧。

Marilyn: You see, Richard? Max is welcome here.

看见了吧,理查德?这里很欢迎马克斯呢。

Richard: Not on our anniversary. This vacation is for you and me.

可不是在我们的结婚纪念日。这次假期只属于你和我。

Innkeeper: If there's anything you need, please call me. I'll be in the front office all day.

如果有什么需要,尽管给我打电话。我一整天都会在前台办公室。

[ There is a knock at the door. ]

Innkeeper: Oh, I took the liberty of ordering some breakfast for you.

哦,我自作主张替你们订了些早餐。

[ The bellhop enters. ]

Innkeeper: [ to the bellhop ] Just put it over there, Charles.

查尔斯,放那边就行了。

[ The bellhop puts their breakfast on the table. ]

Innkeeper: Thank you, Charles. [ to Marilyn and Richard ] Compliments of the Watermill Inn.

谢谢你,查尔斯。这是沃特米尔旅馆请你们享用的。

Richard: Thank you.

谢谢。

Marilyn: Thank you so much.

太感谢了。

Richard: Now, this is my idea of a good time. [ He lifts the lids of the dishes on the table. ] Let's see ... hotcakes and maple syrup, with scrambled eggs.

这才是我心目中的享受。让我看看……美式烤松饼配枫糖浆,还有炒蛋。

Marilyn: Umm ... smell that coffee ... cinnamon and cloves.

嗯……闻闻这咖啡……有肉桂和丁香的香味。

Richard: Homemade buttermilk biscuits.

还有自制的酪乳饼干。

Marilyn: Slices of orange with burnt honey.

还有炙烤蜂蜜橙子片。

Richard: Let's eat!

开动吧!

Marilyn: First I want to call home and check on your mother and the baby.

不过我想先打个电话回家,问问你妈妈和宝宝怎么样了。

Richard: Honey, if there were any problems, she would call us.

亲爱的,要是有什么事,她会给我们打电话的。

Marilyn: She doesn't know we've changed hotels.

可她不知道我们换旅馆了呀。

Richard: You're right. Of course.

你说得对,当然应该告诉她。

Marilyn: [ She goes to the telephone. ] Hello, operator. I'd like to call Riverdale, New York.

喂,总机吗?请帮我接纽约州里弗代尔。

[ A little later. ]

Richard: This food is heavenly, isn't it?

这顿早餐简直美味极了,对吧?

Marilyn: This whole place is heavenly. Do you remember that old desk? Mrs. Montefiore told me that George Washington sat at that desk and wrote to his wife Martha.

这里的一切都美妙极了。还记得那张老书桌吗?蒙特菲奥里太太告诉我,乔治·华盛顿曾坐在那张桌子前给他的妻子玛莎写信。

Richard: What do you want to do after breakfast?

吃完早餐想做什么?

Marilyn: Why don't we take a walk down to the river?

我们去河边散散步怎么样?

Richard: In the rain?

冒着雨去?

Marilyn: No. Look out the window. The sun is shining!

不用。看看窗外,太阳出来了!

Richard: Now this is my idea of a good time!

这才是我心目中的美好时光!

[ They hold hands across the table. ]

本课重点词汇

19 个相关单词

exactly

/ ɪɡˈzæktli / adv. 完全

patchwork

/ ˈpætʃwɜːk / n. 拼接物;拼缝

quilt

/ kwɪlt / n. 棉被;被子

great-grandmother

/ 'greɪt'grændˌmʌðə / n. 曾祖母

front office

/ ˌfrʌnt ˈɒfɪs / n. 前台

liberty

/ ˈlɪbəti / n. 自作主张

compliment

/ ˈkɒmplɪmənt / n. 问候(致以敬意/感谢)

hotcake

/ ˈhɑːt.keɪk / n. 薄饼

maple

/ ˈmeɪp(ə)l / n. 枫叶

syrup

/ ˈsɪrəp / n. 糖浆

scrambled

/ ˈskræmb(ə)ld / adj. 炒的(蛋、菜)

clove

/ kləʊv / n. 丁香

homemade

/ ˌhəʊmˈmeɪd / adj. 自制的

buttermilk

/ ˈbʌtəmɪlk / n. 酪乳

slice

/ slaɪs / n. (切下的食物) 薄片

burnt

/ bɜːnt / adj. 烤焦的

check on

/ tʃek ɔn / v. 查看或检查

operator

/ ˈɒpəreɪtə(r) / n. 话务员

heavenly

/ ˈhev(ə)nli / adj. 极美好的