Episode 14 Playing Games ACT I

做游戏 第一幕

Watch the video then answer the question: What do you suppose they're talking about ?

Harry: You like living in New York, don't you?

你喜欢住在纽约,是吗?

Susan: Oh, I love it.

噢,我喜欢。

Susan: It's so convenient.

一切都很方便。

Susan: I can take the bus to work ... or the subway ... or a taxi.

我可以坐公共汽车上班……或者搭地铁……或者坐计程车。

Susan: And there's so much to do.

而且这儿总是有许多事可做。

Susan: Lots of movie houses, and the theater.

很多电影院,还有剧院。

Harry: I know what you mean.

我懂你的意思。

Harry: I'd like to live in the city, but living in New Jersey and the suburbs is better for Michelle.

我也喜欢住在城里,但住在新泽西和郊区对米歇尔更好。

Harry: Trees, grass.

有绿树,有草地。

Harry: There's a lot of good things about suburban living.

郊区生活有许多好处。

Susan: I grew up in Riverdale, remember?

我就是在里弗代尔长大的,你记得吗?

Susan: So I know.

所以我了解。

Susan: But, as a working woman, I think New York has all the conveniences--including the best tomatoes.

但是,作为职业女性,我觉得纽约具备一切便利的条件——包括最好的西红柿。

Harry: The truth is, I'd like to live in the city.

老实说,我也想住到城里来。

Harry: Michelle's the right age.

米歇尔正处于成长的年龄。

Harry: There are lots of things for her here.

这里有很多适合她的事物。

Susan: You're right, Harry.

你说得对,哈里。

Susan: Today is the perfect example.

今天就是一个很好的例子。

Susan: Michelle and her friends are at the aquarium in Brooklyn.

米歇尔和她的朋友们正在布鲁克林的水族馆。

Susan: They come back here for lunch, then go uptown to the Museum of Natural History.

他们回到这里吃午饭,然后再往北去自然历史博物馆。

Susan: There's so much for young people to see and do.

这里有很多可供年轻人看和做的事情。

Susan: It's just incredible!

简直令人难以置信!

Harry: Not just for young people.

不仅仅对年轻人来说是这样。

Harry: What about me?

对我也一样。

Harry: I've never been to the aquarium or the Museum of Natural History.

我从来没有去过水族馆或自然历史博物馆。

Susan: Have you?

你呢?

Harry: Oh yes, Harry.

去过了,哈里。

Susan: My mother and father often took us somewhere in the city on the weekends.

我父母经常在周末带我们去城里的一些地方。

Susan: Dad was a busy doctor, but he usually managed to squeeze a Sunday in with Richard, Robbie, and me.

爸爸是个很忙的医生,但他总会设法挤出星期天和理查德、罗比还有我在一起。

Susan: I used to love to go to the Metropolitan Museum of Art.

我过去很喜欢去大都会美术馆。

Harry: I've been there several times.

我去过好几次。

Harry: Twice with Michelle.

其中两次是和米歇尔一起去的。

Susan: You ought to think about spending more time with Michelle at all the great places in the city.

你应该考虑多花点时间陪米歇尔去城里所有好地方看看。

Harry: Well, perhaps, you'll help me select some of the great places.

嗯,也许你能帮我挑选一些好地方。

Harry: And perhaps, you'll join us?

也许,你能和我们一起去?

Susan: Perhaps I will.

也许我会。

Susan: Well, there we are.

好了,都准备好了。

Susan: All set for lunch, Harry.

午餐的一切都准备好了,哈里。

Harry: It looks inviting.

看起来很诱人。

Harry: I wish Michelle and her friends would get here.

我希望米歇尔和她的朋友们快点到。

Harry: I'm starving, aren't you?

我饿坏了,你呢?

Susan: I can't wait to take a bite of the pumpernickel.

我简直等不及想咬一口黑麦面包了。

Susan: It smells so delicious.

闻起来好香啊。

Susan: Coming! Coming!

来了!来了!

Susan: Who is it?

是谁呀?

Michelle: Michelle.

米歇尔。

Michelle: It's us, Susan.

是我们,苏珊。

Susan: Come in, Michelle, and bring your friends along.

请进,米歇尔,带你的朋友们一起进来。

Susan: We're on the fifth floor.

我们在五楼。

Susan: Oh, you've been here before.

噢,你以前来过的。

Susan: Susan, Susan, I really appreciate your doing this for Michelle and her friends.

苏珊,苏珊,我真的很感谢你为米歇尔和她的朋友们所做的这些。

Susan: Oh, please, Harry. It's nothing.

噢,别客气,哈里。这没什么。

Susan: I'm not just doing it for Michelle. I'm doing it for you.

我不只是为米歇尔做这些。我也是为你做的。

Harry: Thank you.

谢谢你。

Susan: I'm doing it for us, Harry.

我是为我们大家做的,哈里。

Harry: Well, it's ... it's important for Michelle to see us together more often.

嗯,让米歇尔看到我们更常在一起是很重要的。

Susan: That's true.

确实如此。

Susan: It's important for Michelle and me to get to know each other better.

让米歇尔和我彼此更了解是很重要的。

Susan: That makes me feel good.

那让我感觉很好。

Harry: What, Harry?

什么,哈里?

Harry: What makes you feel good?

什么让你感觉很好?

Harry: Well, that you care about Michelle, that you care about me, and that you care about us.

嗯,我是说你关心米歇尔,关心我,而且关心我们大家。

Susan: Well, Harry, that's because I do.

嗯,哈里,那是因为我真的关心。

Susan: I do care.

我真的关心。

Susan: They'll be here any minute.

他们马上就到了。

Susan: Susan, I'd like to continue this conversation later.

苏珊,我希望等一下能继续我们的谈话。

Harry: Of course, Harry.

当然可以,哈里。

Susan: We'll finish the conversation when they go to the museum.

他们去博物馆之后我们再聊。

Harry: I'd like that.

我很乐意。

Susan: So would I.

我也是。

单词列表

0