Episode 5 The Right Magic ACT II

钓鱼秘诀 第二幕

Watch the video then answer the question: What trouble is there?

[ At a lake in upstate New York the next morning. Grandpa, Philip, and Robbie are preparing to fish. ]

Robbie: This is really neat! When do we eat?

太好了!我们什么时候吃?

Philip: First, we have to catch some fish. In order to catch fish, you have to do this. [ He prepares the fishing line. ] Here we go. That's it. Then drop it into the water. All of this comes before eating. OK?

首先,我们得钓几条鱼。要钓鱼你就得这样。现在可以开始了。就这样。然后把它扔到水。这些都是在吃之前得做的事,知道吗?

Robbie: How do you know so much about fishing?

你对钓鱼怎么知道那么多?

Philip: Grandpa taught me. We spent a lot of time fishing together. Now, the important thing is to get the hook close to the fish. All right? Like this. [ He puts his fishing line into the water. ]

爷爷教我的。我们以前常常一起钓鱼。现在,重要的是让鱼钩靠近鱼。知道吗?像这样。

Robbie: I think I see some fish right under us, Dad.

爸爸,我想我看见一些鱼就在我们下方的水里。

Philip: Oh, not a chance!

啊,不可能。

Robbie: I just saw a big one!

我刚才看见一条大鱼!

[ A young boy arrives with a fishing rod. ]

Grandpa: Hi, there!

你好!

Albert: Hi.

你好。

Grandpa: What's your name?

你叫什么名字?

Albert: Albert.

Albert。

Grandpa: Are you all alone?

就你一个人吗?

Albert: Yes, sir.

是的,先生。

Grandpa: How old are you, Albert?

几岁啦,Albert?

Albert: I'm ten.

十岁。

Philip: Where's your father?

你爸爸在哪?

Albert: He's up there at the lodge.

他在那边小屋里。

Philip: Does he know you're here?

他知道你在这儿吗?

Albert: Yes, sir.

是的,先生。

Philip: OK, Robbie, maybe you should watch him. The water's pretty deep here.

Robbie,也许你得看着他点。这儿水相当深。

Robbie: I'll watch him, Dad.

我会注意他的,爸爸。

[ A little while later. They are still fishing. ]

Robbie: What time is it?

什么时间啦?

Grandpa: It's almost lunchtime, and no fish yet.

差不多到午餐时间了,还没钓到鱼。

Robbie: I can go up to the lodge for some hot dogs and drinks.

我可以到那边小屋去弄些热狗和饮料来。

Philip: No way! We're here to catch our lunch.

不行!我们要在这儿钓我们的午餐。

Grandpa: To catch fish, you need the right magic.

要钓到鱼,你得有正确的魔法。

Philip: That's right. I forgot! The right magic. Do it for Robbie, Dad.

对了。我忘记这招!正确的魔法。爸爸,给Robbie示范。

Grandpa:  You remember?

你还记得吗?

Philip: Sure. Come on.

当然记得。你来吧。

Grandpa: Well, first, you have to turn your hat around like this. Then you close your eyes and say the magic words. Fish, fish, send me a fish.

首先,你得把你的帽子转一下,像这样。然后,闭上眼睛念魔语。鱼,鱼,给我一条鱼。

Robbie: [ He closes his eyes. ] Fish, fish, send me a fish.... I got one!

鱼,鱼,给我一条鱼……我钓到了!

Grandpa: See, it works!

瞧,真有效!

Robbie: It's a big one!

真大哟!

Philip: Well, it always worked for me, too.

嗯,这办法对我也是屡试不爽。

Robbie: Grandpa, get the net, please! [ Grandpa gets the net, and Robbie finally catches the fish. ]

爷爷,请把网子拿来!

Robbie: Dad, you got one, too!

爸爸,你也钓到一条!

Philip: You bet I have! [ Philip brings up a boot from the water. ]

我当然钓到了!

Grandpa: Easy, Philip, easy.

慢慢来,Philip,慢慢来。

Robbie: Sorry, Dad.

抱歉,爸爸。

Philip: Well, one more and I've got a pair of boots.

嗯,再钓一只我就有一双靴子了。

Robbie: You didn't say the magic words.

你没有念魔语。

Grandpa: Robbie's right.

Robbie说对了。

Philip: Yes, but you did, and we've got our lunch. Let's build a fire and cook it! Come on, Albert, you can help us!

没错,如果你念了, 我们就有了午餐。咱们去升火烧鱼!走,Albert,你来帮我们!

Albert: I want to stay here and fish.

我想呆在这儿钓鱼。

Grandpa: All right, but be careful.

好吧,但你得小心。

[ A little later. Grandpa, Philip, and Robbie are around their campfire. ]

Robbie: Is it finished yet?

行了吗?

Philip: I think so.  I hope you like your fish well done.

我想行了。我想你们喜欢烧得不错的鱼。

Grandpa: Burned, you mean.

你的意思是烤熟的。

Philip: Hey, I'm a doctor, not a chef.

嘿,我是个医生,不是厨师。

[ They hear Albert calling from the lake. ]

Albert: Help! Help! I can't swim!

救命!救命!我不会游泳!

Robbie: Dad! Grandpa! He fell in!

爸爸!爷爷!他掉到水里去了。

[ Robbie and philip rush to save Albert. They pull him from the water and place him on the dock. ]

Philip: Easy does it, Robbie. That a boy. That's it.

慢慢来,Robbie。对了。就这样。

Grandpa: He's not breathing, Philip!

他停止呼吸了,Philip。

Philip: Robbie, run to the car! Bring a blanket and my medical bag.

Robbie,去车上!拿一条毯子和我的医疗箱来。

Robbie: Yes, Dad.

好的,爸爸。

[ Philip slowly breathes into the boy's mouth. ]

Philip: Now, come on, son. Come on, son.

醒醒,孩子。醒醒,孩子。

Grandpa: Breathe, Albert!

呼吸呀,Albert!

单词列表

13
upstate/ ˈʌpsteɪt /adj. 偏僻的;北部的
prepare */ prɪˈpeə(r) /v. 做准备
fish */ fɪʃ /v. 钓鱼
neat */ niːt /adj. 棒极了
taught/ tɔːt /v. 教(teach 的过去式)
spent/ spent /v. 耗时(spend 的过去式)
hook/ hʊk /n. 钩子
rod/ rɒd /n. 竿子
lodge/ lɒdʒ /n. 小屋子
deep */ diːp /adj. 深的
net */ net /n. 网
burned/ bɜːnd /adj. 烤熟的
dock/ dɒk /n. 码头