Episode 4 A Piece of Cake ACT II

小菜一牒 第二幕

Watch the video then answer the question: Who's going to win the bet.

[ Outside, on a busy street in Riverdale. Inside, the Davis Aerobics Center for Good Health. Jack Davis is taking Richard's blood pressure. ]

Jack Davis: OK, Richard. That's terrific. Your pressure is 120 over 75, and that's fine. Now stand up, please.

很好,理查德,状态不错。你的血压是 120 收缩压,75 舒张压,非常标准。现在请站起来。

Jack Davis: [ Richard stands up, and jack takes his blood pressure again. ] Good, it's 122 over 80. You can sit down now. When was your last complete physical?

很好,现在是 122 收缩压,80舒张压。你可以坐下了。你上一次做全面体检是什么时候?

Richard Stewart: [ He thinks. ] Six months ago.

六个月前。

Jack Davis: Good. Do you have any back or knee problems?

很好。你的背或者膝盖有问题吗?

Richard Stewart: Nope. I am in perfect health.

没有,我身体很好。

Jack Davis: What do you do for a living, Mr. Stewart?

斯图尔特先生,你是做什么工作的?

Richard Stewart: I'm a photographer.

我是摄影师。

Jack Davis: Interesting. What do you photograph?

挺有趣的。你主要拍哪方面的照片?

Richard Stewart: Everything. The American scene. People, places, events.

什么都拍。美国的风土人情:人物、风景、重大事件。

Jack Davis: Did you ever think of photographing an aerobics class?

有没有想过拍一节有氧课?

Richard Stewart: No... I can't remember taking pictures of people exercising.

没有… 我不记得拍过锻炼这类题材。

Jack Davis: But don't you think it'd be a good subject?

不过你不觉得这是个不错的题材吗?

Richard Stewart: Sure.

当然不错。

Jack Davis: I need some good photos for my advertising, Mr. Stewart.

我正好需要一些好的照片做广告,斯图尔特先生。

Jack Davis: Maybe you can photograph a class, and I can give you and Mrs. Stewart a month of classes — free.

不如你来拍一节课,我可以给你和你太太一个月的免费课程。

Richard Stewart: When can I photograph a class?

我什么时候可以拍?

Jack Davis: Anytime.

随时都可以。

Richard Stewart: How about today?

今天可以吗?

Jack Davis: Terrific!

太好了!

[ In the exercise classroom at the Davis Aerobics Center. Jack Davis and another instructor are about to teach a class. Richard is taking many photographs. ]

Jack Davis: [ He enters. ] Hi.

嗨。

Instructor: Oh, hi.

哦,嗨。

Jack Davis: Are we ready to go?

准备开始了吗?

Instructor: Yeah. Yeah. [ To students ] Let's get in our lines. We're going to take it slow first.  Stretch up... and we're going to go left first ... 2,3,4 ... now switch. ... OK, hold to the right. Sunrises. Stretch it out. Flat back. Bring it up ... and twists ... and side ... 2, 3 ... and left ... push ... push ... turn ... hit the floor.

好,好。大家排好队。我们先慢一点开始。向上伸展……先向左……2,3,4……换边……好,停在右边。做 “旭日东升”。尽量拉伸。背部挺平。起身……扭转……侧身……2,3……再向左……推……推……转身……触地。

Instructor: Take it side again .... OK, and switch. Stretch it out. And we're going to warm down with a tango. Left, right. Enjoy it.

再来一次侧身……好,换边。继续拉伸。接下来用探戈动作放松。左,右。放轻松享受。

[ In Richard and Marilyn's room later that day. Marilyn is alone, waiting for Richard. She is folding some towels. Richard sings and dances into the room. ]

Marilyn Stewart: Richard, did you go to the Davis Aerobics class today?

理查德,你今天去上戴维斯的有氧课了吗?

Richard Stewart: [ He takes off his camera and film bags and dances around the room. ] Yes, I went to the aerobics class today.

是的,我今天去上有氧课了。

Marilyn Stewart: What is wrong with you?

你这是怎么了?

Richard Stewart: Nothing. I am in excellent health.

没事,我简直处在巅峰状态。

Richard Stewart: [ He starts dancing with Marilyn. ] I have ideal blood pressure. A perfect heart. In other words, I'm in wonderful condition.

我的血压非常理想,心脏跳动有力。换句话说,我的身体状态完美极了。

Marilyn Stewart: Richard, did you go to the aerobics class, really?

理查德,你真的去上有氧课了?

Richard Stewart: And don't forget to invite Susan for dinner.

别忘了请苏珊来吃晚饭。

Marilyn Stewart: [ not paying attention ] And your legs don't hurt?

那你的腿不疼吗?

Richard Stewart: [ He jumps up and down. ] Hurt? What do you mean?

疼?不存在的?

Marilyn Stewart: What about your arms? Lift your arms up like this.

那胳膊呢?像这样抬起来。

Marilyn Stewart:  [ She lifts up her arms to show him, and he lifts his arms. ] And they don't hurt not even a little?

一点都不疼吗?

Richard Stewart: Nope.

不疼啊。

Marilyn Stewart: You are in great condition. I can't believe it!

你状态也太好了吧,真不敢相信!

单词列表

27
pressure */ ˈpreʃə(r) /n. (血的)压力
physical */ ˈfɪzɪk(ə)l /n. 体检(体格检查)
knee/ niː /n. 膝关节
living/ ˈlɪvɪŋ /n. 生计,收入
scene */ siːn /n. 风光
events/ ɪˈvents /n. 事件(event 的复数)
exercising/ ˈɛksəˌsaɪz /n. 运动健身
advertising/ ˈædvətaɪzɪŋ /n. 广告活动
class */ klɑːs /n. 课程
stretch/ stretʃ /v. 伸展
switch/ swɪtʃ /v. 切换
sunrises/ ˈsʌnraiziz /n. 双手捧日
flat */ flæt /v. 平背拉回
twists/ twɪsts /n. (身体)摆动
push */ pʊʃ /v. 推
turn */ tɜːn /v. 转动
hit */ hɪt /v. 触、点、碰
excellent */ ˈeksələnt /adj. 极好的
ideal */ aɪˈdiːəl /adj. 理想的
heart */ hɑːt /n. 心脏
condition */ kənˈdɪʃn /n. 情况、状况
really */ ˈriːəli /adv. 真的,是吗
invite */ ɪnˈvaɪt /v. 邀请
legs/ leɡz /n. 大腿
arms/ ɑːmz /n. 胳膊、手臂
even */ ˈiːv(ə)n /adv. 甚至
nope/ nəʊp /adv. 没有