Episode 1 46 Linden Street ACT III

林登大街46号 第三幕

Watch the video then answer the question: Who is at the door?

[ At the Stewarts' home in Riverdale that evening. Philip is on the phone with one of his patients. ]

Philip: And give her a teaspoon of the medicine after every meal. Don't worry. She'll be fine. You're welcome. Good-bye.

饭后给她服一茶匙药,不要担心,她会好的。不用谢,再见。

Ellen: [ She enters. ] How are you?

你感觉怎么样?

Philip: I'm tired and hungry.

我又累又饿。

Ellen: Well, Marilyn and Richard called. They'll be here soon, and then we'll eat.

好啦,玛丽琳和理查德打过电话来了。他们马上就到,一到我们就开饭。

Philip: All right. Is...is Susan coming?

好吧,嗯... 苏珊来不来吃饭?

Ellen: Well, she'll be here later. She has to work late tonight.

她要晚一点来。她今晚得加班。

Philip: And what's Robbie cooking for dinner?

罗比做的是什么晚餐啊?

Ellen: It's a surprise.

他不说,要给我们一个惊喜。

Philip: I hope it's pasta.

我希望是意面。

[ Later that evening. Philip, Ellen, Richard, Marilyn, Susan, and Robbie are in the Stewarts' kitchen. ]

Philip: Robbie, the dinner was terrific.

罗比,晚餐真是棒极了。

Susan: Yes, it was delicious.

对,味道非常好。

Marilyn: What's for dessert?

饭后甜点是什么呢?

Robbie: Oh, I forgot dessert.

哎呀,我把甜点给忘记了。

Philip: Robbie!

罗比,你看你!

Ellen: Don't worry. We've got lots of ice cream.

没关系,我们有好多冰淇淋呢。

[ She goes to the refrigerator. ]

Richard: Oh, I'd love some ice cream.

噢,我很想吃冰淇淋。

Ellen: Well, there's chocolate and coffee and a little vanilla.

有巧克力的、咖啡的,还有一点香草味的冰淇淋。

Robbie: I'll have vanilla. Is that all right with everyone?

我要香草的,大家不反对吧?

Philip: I'll have chocolate.

我要巧克力的。

Marilyn: Me, too.

我也要巧克力的。

Richard: Uh, one scoop of coffee and one scoop of chocolate for me.

呃,我要一勺咖啡的和加一勺巧克力的。

Ellen: Robbie, will you help me serve?

罗比,你帮我端一下好么?

[ Robbie gets up to help. Richard brings the ice-cream dishes to Ellen. ]

Richard: I keep thinking about that bag of film. Eight rolls. A whole day's work. And good stuff, too.

我总忘不了那一包底片。一共有 8 卷,我整整忙活了一天的成果呀。而且都照得很精采。

Ellen: Don't worry, Richard. Someone will find it.

甭担心,理查德。会有人会捡到它的。

[ The doorbell rings. ]

Robbie: I'll get it. 

我去开门。

[ He opens the door. Alexandra is standing there. She is holding Richard's bag of film. ]

Robbie: Hello.

你好。

Alexandra: Hello. Does Richard Stewart live here?

你好。理查德 • 斯图尔特住在这儿吗?

Robbie: Yes, he's my brother. I'm Robbie...Robbie Stewart.

是的,他是我哥哥。我叫罗比 ... 罗比 • 斯图尔特。

Alexandra: I'm Alexandra Pappas. How do you do?

我叫亚历山德拉  • 派巴斯。你好。

Alexandra: Your brother left his bag of film on the ferryboat. I found it.

你哥哥将他的包遗忘在渡船上了,我拾到了。

Robbie: I'm really glad to see you. I mean...my brother'll be really glad to see you!

我(能)见到你真是高兴啊。我是说... 我哥哥见到你一定会非常高兴!

Ellen: [ Calling ] Robbie! Who is it? 

罗比,是谁来了呀?

Robbie: It's Richard's film! I mean, Alexandra Pappas.

理查德的底片来了!我是说,亚历山德拉  • 派巴斯来了。

Robbie: [ To Alexandra ] Come in, please.

请进来。

Richard: Alexandra!

亚历山德拉!

Alexandra: Hello, Richard. I found your bag!

你好理查德。 我捡到你的挎包。

Richard: Oh, thank you! Thank you! Um...Alexandra, let me introduce you. This is my wife Marilyn.

噢,谢谢你,谢谢你!嗯… 亚历山德拉,让我介绍一下。这是我太太玛丽琳。

Alexandra: Richard showed me your photo. How do you do?

理查德给我看过你的照片。您好!

Marilyn: Oh yes. Richard told us all about you. It's nice to meet you.

噢,对了,理查德把你的事都跟我们说了。很高兴见到你。

Richard: And this is my mother, Ellen Stewart.

这是我的母亲,埃伦 • 斯图尔特。

Alexandra: How do you do?

您好!

Richard: And my father, Dr. Philip Stewart.

还有这是我的父亲,菲利普 • 斯图尔特医生。

Philip: Nice to meet you, Alexandra.

很高兴认识你,亚历山德拉。

Richard: And...ah...you met Robbie.

还有 … 呃 ... 你已经见过罗比了。

Alexandra: Yes. And you must be Susan.

是的。那你一定是苏珊了,你好。

Susan: Hi. Welcome.

你好,欢迎。

Richard: I'm so glad you found the bag and took the time and trouble to return it.

我很高兴你捡到了这挎包,而且还不怕麻烦的费时费事将它还给我。

Alexandra: Oh, it was no trouble. I just took the wrong train.

噢,没费什么事。只不过是我搭错了电车了。

Ellen: Would you like something to eat?

你要吃点什么?

Alexandra: Thank you, no. I'm late for dinner at my house. I really have to go.

谢谢你,不用了。我回我住的人家吃饭,要迟到了。我真的得走了。

Richard: Would you like to call home?

你要不要先跟家里通个电话?

Alexandra: I'd appreciate that.

谢谢你(让我使用电话)。

Ellen: Please, use the phone.

请随便用。

Alexandra: Thanks. Excuse me.

谢谢,失陪一下。

Richard: [ To Robbie ] Alexandra's a high-school exchange student from Greece.

亚历山德拉是从希腊来的中学交换生。

Robbie: Where does she live?

她住在哪里?

Richard: With a family in the Bronx.

在布朗克斯区的一个家庭里。

Robbie: Oh, that's not too far from here!

啊,那离这不是很远!

Richard: Take it easy, Robbie.

悠着点,罗比。(别太兴奋了,暗示罗比收敛)

Alexandra: Thank you. I can only stay a few minutes.

谢谢你。我只能再呆几分钟。

Ellen: Have some iced tea.

喝点冰茶吧。

Alexandra: Thanks, Mrs. Stewart.

谢谢,斯图尔特夫人。

Robbie: Please sit down, Alexandra.

亚历山德拉,请坐。

Philip: So, you're an exchange student. Where do you go to school?

那么说,你是一名交换学生。你在哪儿上学?

Alexandra: At the Bronx High School of Science.

在布朗克斯科学高中就读。

Philip: Oh, that's a very good school. What are your favorite subjects?

噢,那学校很不错。你喜欢哪些课程?

Alexandra: Biology and mathematics. Richard tells me you're a doctor.

生物学和数学。理查德告诉过我您是一名医生。

Philip: Yes, a pediatrician. And what does your father do?

是的,是小儿科医生。你父亲是做什么工作的?

Alexandra: He's a lawyer, in Thessaloniki.

他是一名律师,在塞萨洛尼基。

Robbie: Would you like some pasta? I made it myself. It might be a little cold.

来点意大利通心粉吗?是我自己做的。可能有点凉了。

Alexandra: Thanks, no. I do have to go. It was nice meeting you all.

谢谢,不吃了。我真的得走了。很高兴能认识你们大家。

Marilyn: Well, maybe you'll come for lunch some Sunday, so we can really thank you for bringing Richard's bag back.

既然如此,或许哪个星期天能来吃中饭,好让我们真正感谢你把理查德的挎包送回来。

Alexandra: Maybe.

也许吧。

Ellen: You're welcome anytime. [ She and Richard walk with Alexandra to the front door. ]

欢迎你随时来玩。

Philip: Good-bye.

再见。

Richard: Can I drive you home?

我开车送你回去好吗?

Alexandra: No, thanks. The train is just up the street. It won't take me long at all.

不用了,谢谢。在街的那一头就有地铁。不需要花很长时间的。

Richard: Well, you really saved the day for me, Alexandra.

你真的帮了我一个大忙,亚历山德拉。

Alexandra: Bye.

再见。

Richard: Bye-bye.

再见。

Ellen: Good night.

晚安。

[ Alexandra leaves. ]

Philip: She's a smart young lady, and very nice.

她是个聪明又招人喜欢的姑娘。

Robbie: Very! Hey, she forgot her bag!

一点也不错! 嘿,她忘了她的包!

Ellen: I guess we'll be seeing Alexandra again. Right, Robbie?

我想我们很快会再见到亚历山德拉的。对吧,罗比?

简单句 一般现在时

单词列表

31
teaspoon/ ˈtiːspuːn /n. 一茶匙的量
medicine/ ˈmedsn /n. 药
worry */ ˈwʌri /v. 担心
hungry/ ˈhʌŋɡri /adj. 饥饿
late */ leɪt /adv. 迟地、晚地
dinner */ ˈdɪnə(r) /n. 晚餐、正餐
surprise */ səˈpraɪz /n. 惊喜
pasta/ ˈpæstə /n. 意面
delicious/ dɪˈlɪʃəs /adj. 美味的
dessert/ dɪˈzɜːt /n. 甜品
vanilla/ vəˈnɪlə /n. 香草
scoop/ skuːp /n. 一勺
serve */ sɜːv /v. 供应、招待
film */ fɪlm /n. 胶卷
roll */ rəʊl /n. 卷轴
stuff */ stʌf /n. 素材
ferryboat/ ˈferibəʊt /n. 渡轮
glad/ ɡlæd /adj. 高兴的
introduce */ ˌɪntrəˈdjuːs /v. 介绍
show */ ʃəʊ /v. 展示
photo */ ˈfəʊtəʊ /n. 照片
trouble */ ˈtrʌb(ə)l /n. 麻烦
easy */ ˈiːzi /adj. 轻松的
stay */ steɪ /v. 停留
subject */ ˈsʌbdʒɪkt /n. 科目
biology/ baɪˈɒlədʒi /n. 生物学
mathematics/ ˌmæθəˈmætɪks /n. 数学
pediatrician/ ˌpiːdiəˈtrɪʃn /n. 儿科医生
lawyer */ ˈlɔɪə(r) /n. 律师
save */ seɪv /v. 挽救
forgot/ fəˈɡɒt /v. 忘记